Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! (7806 Views)

Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Nigerian Bikers Wear Fruit Shells To Avoid Helmet Law / New Helmet Rule In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 10:12am On Jan 14, 2009
@siena
what's education got to do with it?

these things have been happening for ages, and it won't stop just because people are now "educated", whether we like it or not we are in the "end days" and it had been predicted that a lot of crap'll start to happen, both physical and spiritual. these things are reminders that the lord is coming soon.

an adage in Yoruba land says esu lagbara, sugbon ko ni igbala.
(the devil is powerful and can give power, but he can't give salvation, cos he ain't got it).
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by bababuff(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2009
This story na LIE !!!

How fast can the Okada man ride that they will not catch him in Alaba??
With all the traffic jam (human and vehicle) everywhere, I bet you the guy cant go more than 50m before somebody will kick the okada down.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by OliveB(f): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2009
Confident Lifestyle Network is organising, “Empowering the Naija Dream”
Own
BRAND NEW LAPTOP for N20,000
BRAND NEW KIA RIO CAR for N250,000
BRAND NEW HOME APPLIANCES for N100,000
See poster for details. Or www.clsn./
Call:
Olive: 07025411423, Victor: 08029879354

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2009
Olive, you haven't responded to my request in this section elsewhere.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by JazzFreak(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2009
tayoccu:

I know your type always looking for logical ways to explain things, and when things defy logic, then it can't be real.
but guy answer me this if ye please?
since when has the supernatural become subject to logic?

Ok Bros, give me one substantive proof & where it happened
Na so so, I hear from lagbaja, them say, some see am; never he was caught in the act.
Tell me, all those that claimed their dicks were stolen disappeared, have you ever seen any picture published of a man with the place flat as that of a woman. No susage No dangling nuts grin
Comon, all na gimick. Bull yarn. Dog born monkey gist.

Tell me for your church mind, person fit turn to agbalumo as claimed ?
For olden- days wey dem claim to lift a leg come famus go farm, why all villagers no continue dey transport dem sef that way ?
All guys for Naija for don disappear go Jand or Yankee since. Omo leave jege yarns, nobody wear helmet con loss go bush.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by emiemi(f): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2009
Tales by moonlight stories indeed. grin grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by emmydee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
the hygienic level of helmet is low!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by MaxiMax1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
this is SU, PER STORY, [color=#990000][/color]
perhaps you would rather started this topic by saying
:oSTORY, , STORY,
undecided STORY
ONCE UPON A TIME!!!
TIME!! TIME!!

If this story was true, the news would have spread around the own nation
not even in this critical period!!!

I suggest you take this story to SUPER STORY,
o boy u go don make am tay tayoo
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2009
jazz freak
Ok Bros, give me one substantive proof & where it happened Huh
Na so so, I hear from lagbaja, them say, some see am; never he was caught in the act.
Tell me, all those that claimed their dicks were stolen disappeared, have you ever seen any picture published of a man with the place flat as that of a woman. No susage No dangling nuts Grin
Comon, all na gimick. Bull yarn. Dog born monkey gist.

Tell me for your church mind, person fit turn to agbalumo as claimed ?
For olden- days wey dem claim to lift a leg come famus go farm, why all villagers no continue dey transport dem sef that way ?
All guys for Naija for don disappear go Jand or Yankee since. Omo leave jege yarns, nobody wear helmet con loss go bush.

you still ain't answered my question, since when has the supernatural been subject to logic?

does the fact that you've never seen a witch or a demon mean they don't exist,
logic ain't everything mister.

like I said before I ain't saying this stuff happened, but let's all be prayerful, a word they say,
FRSC has my 100% support on the use of helmets
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by TPS360: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
buy your own helmet dam it!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nemeziz9ja: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
Its so obvious now that the primary problem of Nigeria is that we just claim to be educated whereas we are just literate and ignorant as well and this is a deadly combination.
You think the spiritual is not real, I am sorry for you, the only name you should not call the devil is a FOOL.
Why are the authorities just realizing that Nigerians need helmets now? Welcome to another harvest of souls.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by seyibrown(f): 2:34am On Jan 15, 2009
Abeg o, if una find any of these people wey get this 'Nigerian Teleportation Technology', tell them say I dey find them. We go make money pass BA, Virgin Atlantic and Transport For London join put o!   grin grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by na2day2(m): 2:38am On Jan 15, 2009
seyibrown:

Abeg o, if una find any of these people wey get this 'Nigerian Teleportation Technology', tell them say I dey find them. We go make money pass BA, Virgin Atlantic and Transport For London join put o!   grin grin grin

abeg, can i be one of ur board of directors? i am very interested in this biz grin grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by angelina08(f): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
Nigerian's are wicked, Helmet the ask us to be using to protect our self is now main for rituals.
How can this country move forword.

Na wa ooooo.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by MrCrackles(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2009
POSTER

You are a she-goat for putting up some fabricated nonsense!!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by kkaloMasta: 12:51am On Jan 16, 2009
Just got here and am shocked at this rather depraved post. Wowwww, naija, unu dey try oooo!
What a welcome. lol grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by JazzFreak(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2009
tayoccu:

jazz freak
you still ain't answered my question,

Bros, I leave you wink I dey sense say d tin do wan turn fight.
Hei be like say na you sabi this supernatural tin pass.
Agree, dem go disappear finish for Naija. grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2009
nah
e no fit turn to fight, we just havin a discussion right? it's not like we're flaming each other.

and I didn't say I knew every thing about the supernatural, that subject's as much of a mystery to me as it is to anybody.
all I said was let's pray for both ourselves, and our dear nation (so if this kin tin be true e go stop, if e no be true rumor go stop to dey fly).

GOD bless nairaland!
GOD bless Nigeria!!!!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by oxpenny(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2009
Since u are hungry for disapearing, na only u go disapear
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by jacobs123(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2009
While I find this story very hard to believe, i do not intend to put the helmet on my head for any reason. if any law enforcement agent stops me for this, he will have to put the helmet on his head first to convince me and even at that I won't wear the helmet.
Does that mean that I think Okada riders and passengers should not wear helmet?, Certainly NOT! Just self preservation for me and to help reduce my risk, I take bikes where the Okadas cannot run very fast (traffic, bad roads etc). you won't find me on a bike on the new road from Falomo to Gerrard, Ikoyi (too smooth) or Mobolaji Bank Anthony way or even on third mainland bridge (unnecessary risk) and I'm constantly reminding the Okada man (especially the Hausas) to take it easy and I'm ready to come down anytime.

I think also that if the FRSC did any statistical analysis, they would realise that the limbs are what are most at risk in any Okada accident. I'm aware of broken legs, arms, burns from Silencers but I'm yet to hear of broken skull or head injuries at Igbobi or any other place (not disputing the fact that they exist) and the crash helmet (original or fake) will not help reduce this.
Me thinks it should by now be clear that Okadas are not viable for commercial transport and any serious government should be looking at going the Port-harcourt way after providing good alternatives like BRT.

By the way, how are the guys in PH coping without bikes? To those of you using the helmet, I say best of luck.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by adebayo111: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2009
Eni ti sango ba ti oju e wole koni bawon bu oba koso.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by DereI(f): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2009
Okija Juju, are you sure you are not the okada man?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by kamuzu(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2009
some people are just gullible, i dont believe this bullshit.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by KIDD(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2009
Honestly, if i had the need to use bikes often, i'd buy my own helmet for sure.

The only problem i would have with this experiment would be the hygiene issue. I wouldn't want to wear a helmet, or anything else for that matter that anyone else has worn. Especially when i can't vouch for their cleanliness. That apart, to put this matter to rest, and prove how foolish the poster and other "believers" are, i volunteer my head to test and prove the veracity or otherwise of this fantasy. So, poster, get the bikeman and his backers (d jujuman/men), and then, on national tv, or just on nairaland, i'd put on the helmet, disappear, and hopefully reappear in yankee.

Ps: lets do it on Jan 20, 2009, i don't have a ticket to Obama's inauguration, and sure as hell would've loved to be there. I have guys who are willing to bet on this. If marketed well enough, we could all be instant millionaires.

Pity though, i bet i'll watch d inauguration on CNN.

What a load of bull, . Stick to Nollywood my friend.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by KIDD(m): 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2009
Honestly, if i had the need to use bikes often, i'd buy my own helmet for sure.

The only problem i would have with this experiment would be the hygiene issue. I wouldn't want to wear a helmet, or anything else for that matter that anyone else has worn. Especially when i can't vouch for their cleanliness. That apart, to put this matter to rest, and prove how foolish the poster and other "believers" are, i volunteer my head to test and prove the veracity or otherwise of this fantasy.  So, poster, get the bikeman and his backers (d jujuman/men), and then, on national tv, or just on nairaland, i'd put on the helmet, disappear, and hopefully reappear in yankee.

Ps: lets do it on Jan 20, 2009, i don't have a ticket to Obama's inauguration, and sure as hell would've loved to be there. I have guys who are willing to bet on this. If marketed well enough, we could all be instant millionaires.

Pity though, i bet i'll watch d inauguration on CNN.

What a load of bull, . Stick to Nollywood my friend.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by waterworks(f): 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2009
yes the guy hu talked abt servants of God preists and also servants of devil has a good point. how do we know evil doesnt exist it does. but how do we differenciate the eveil that exists to the cock and bull stories generated ferom this actual evil?

my suggestion everybody carry thier weapons, if na cross or scapular wear am, if na holy water or olive oil. pour put for the helemt before u wear am if the okada man nor go kill u nor be him winch go kill u!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:09am On Jan 20, 2009
How can we as a nation, continent progress?
When we have a majority of our inhabitants believing in such nonsense as , vodou. Give me a break.

Worse thing is even some our leaders doop the rest of us into believing that such crap exists.
People do not disappear into thin air, no do they transform into goats and birds! Absolute rubbish!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by rezimero: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2009
'stories that touch'
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sikiru4me: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2009
atleast make una believe 4 this particular issue 4 once so that we go dey more careful .make we nor excuse the issue like so that them nor go the advantange on any body,
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by rezimero: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2009
e no dey get wetin person dey believe?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2009
All old wive's tales. *yawns

People acting like old village crones, and thinking like them too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mazda CX-7 2007 and Nissan S Thoughts(pics in post$ / The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / What Tools Do You Carry In Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.