Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! (7809 Views)

Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Nigerian Bikers Wear Fruit Shells To Avoid Helmet Law / New Helmet Rule In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by spikytang(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
Welll, experience they say is the best teacher, I never beleived such things could happen until i gave out 15k freely to a guy i supposedly purchased a phone from at computer village, Desperate men are always prepared,  so pray at all times esp. before putting the helmet on, Seriously
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2009
igwe 1:

grin grin grin
I look forward to seeing good Nairalanders advertising an original crash helment at  moderate prices here.

Lol, Igwe.

Helmets are dirt cheap here, and shipping won't be any trouble, but getting paid would be the issue.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2009
spikytang:

Welll, experience they say is the best teacher, I never beleived such things could happen until i gave out 15k freely to a guy i supposedly purchased a phone from at computer village, Desperate men are always prepared,  so pray at all times esp. before putting the helmet on, Seriously

Out of curiousity, what were you sold, lol  cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Shaz(f): 1:06am On Jan 12, 2009
People. Please wear the helmet. It's for your own good. Meanwhile, i saw one okada man wearing p[b]aint bucket in place of helmet[/b] while his passenger was  properly kitted. Nija no dey carry last.

I just saw the most awkward picture on a thread on Nairaland a few minutes ago. . Check below.

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 12, 2009
Tell him to try this one: grin grin grin

Damn, shaz, you got here before me grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2009
hmmmn!!!

I knew stories like this would start popping up.

though this kinda stuff was rumored to have happened way before the use of helmets was made compulsory, there's been no concrete evidence to prove such occurrence, but that doesn't mean these things don't happen. after all the greatest lie of the devil is making people believe he doesn't really exist.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Muza(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2009
shocked
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2009
Bronx_dog
This shows that i have been right all along - Nigerians are nothing but funny, dik scratching Hot billies and pussy scratching Hot bitches.

@ bronx_dog
Omo ale lo'n fowo asi juwe ile baba re.

let me break it down for you, only an illegitimate child disses his roots.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by omofola(f): 10:08am On Jan 12, 2009
I have heard about people disappearing from bikes after using the helmet, am not sure how true it is but i don't want to think about it because it sounds very scary,which means we might all start disappearing soon, but to think about it, it might really happen,we never can say, while i was still in the university, some years back a friend of mine was going to celebrate her birthday and boarded a taxi to go to the market in the morning, she later on came back at night in tears that she slept off in the taxi and woke up some where far away and found her way back to school, i guess God was on her side and she couldn't be used for rituals or something. we all need to be careful at this new development.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by giantstep(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2009
ON THE lakpa lakpa , ring worm okada HELMEMT VANISHING WILLIE WILLIE ISSUE,
I see many people {especially those working in VI}use hankies (i dont think that would work in reducing fungus and Bacteria contact from my elementary knowledge oin Biology )well i belive most nairalanders are smart people so , PLS buy a  decent and portable shower cap , and put in your pocket (i think a regular should cost btw =N= 50-100 and use before wearing any public helment if you cannot afford  a personal one) , you can always disinfect it b4 going to sleep or use the next day.
As for the vanishing aspect , if you are a xtain just quote a versre from Psalm 23(even though i walk through the valley of the the shadow, i fear no evil, surely goodness and mercy , amen)muslims, bisimilahi , and other religions quote a strong verse or mantra from your juju or holy book , i no know buk oh?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by glogab: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2009
most of you would have noticed that i really dont post ,i only look thru others,but there are some people's post use to be so stupid that i always wonder if they actually know what life  is  all about, from where am coming from such things are not new,the world is much  more than what u  can see or even imagine in your wildest dream.Am not against helmet useage,but becos i know that my head is very important,AS A MATTER OF FACT A PERSON DOESNOT NEED TO DISAPPEAR BE4 HIS DESTINY CAN BE TAMPERED WITH,THE HELMET ONLY NEEDS TO TOUCH THE PERSONS HEAD AND THINGS CAN BEGIN TO HAPPEN.PEOPLE ARE DESPERATELY WICKED YOU CANNOT PREDICT THEM, THESE THINGS ARE VERY VERY REAL THEY DONT NEED TO HAPPEN TO YOU BEFORE YOU BELIEVE, SINCE I CANT GO AGAINST THE GOVT,ALL I DID WAS TO GET MY OWN HELMET, DONT BE OVERCONFIDENT INSTEAD  BE CAREFUL cool
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2009
What a funny thread!

People disappearing after wearing a helmet?!  grin
Never come across such superstition.

Solution? Just buy your own damn helmet, or refrain from using taxi bikes!

I bet there are "dibia's" and "sangoma's" just waiting to make a killing, by offering to "bless" these superstitious lot, for a shed load of cash. They'll probably charge more than it would cost to buy a proper helmet in one session, and some fools would readily part with their hard earned N.

Superstitious people are their own worse enemies.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by emilyone(f): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2009
Either it is true or not commit your ways into God's hand before u leave your home every morning. shi kena
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by emilyone(f): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2009
either it is true or not commit your ways into God's hand before leaving your home
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by oluwdashmi(f): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2009
Either it is true or not commit your ways into God's hand before u leave your home every morning. shi kena

@ emilyone
True talk!!

Although Nigerians like fabricating rumours at every new development which may be an hinderance to progress, notwithstanding, things are happening and we should just commit our ways onto the Lord. I will use it if taking a bike is necessary but will plead the blood of Jesus in it.

Like someone called me on Friday that I shouldn't use the helmet cos someone disappeared at Allen and the okada man has been taken to Area 'F'. Well, I didn't believe the story cos if it was true such would have a made a cool selling headline (since they said the guy was arrested!) but apart from disappearing, pple can take advantage of the helmet for other things we can't even imagine.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by yewaman: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2009
for those that ride on Okada regulaly, simply buy your own Helmet, enough said.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Infoseye(m): 11:18am On Jan 12, 2009
the best thing buy your own helmet simple.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by kemisuga(f): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2009
I wouldnt say the story is true or false. But I heard a testimony from a woman, about years back.  The okada rider wanted to put the helmet on her head by himself, but her spirit told her to stop the man, she collected the helmet and held it on her hand, later, a spirit told her to put the helmet on the rider's head, she did and behold the man disappeared.  People around searched for the man, but no where to be found.  

Later, she heard, that the man was found in his wardrobe, kneeling down with calabash in his hands vomiting money.
I didnt say anyone should believe me, it is what I heard. lipsrsealed
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by wunmilyn(f): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2009
yes and yes lots of things happen in 9ja.
even i witness one dat happened at sabo where a taxi man was found with 7 human heads and 1 hand in his boot last year october, although av been hearing lots about dis ritual stuff but never belived it not until i saw dis with my own eyes,
to be frankly,i wasn't myself dat day cos i couldn't eat nor sleep it was just too horror for me cos i never belive dat some people could be so heartless like dat. cry
we av lots of  desperate people in dis country dat can do anything for money.
so the poster might be right.

i think wat i will advice people is dat everyone should av his/her helmet apart from ritual or no ritual. it is also safe in terms of  health.

only God can safe us.
and as for me i am covered by the blood of Jesus and no evil shall come my way (amen) smiley
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2009
@kemisuga, Please let us refrain from posting such stories on the internet. This is a Nigerian site and the creator has done a good job at projecting Nigeria in positive light. If you hear rumours like that, send SMS messages to your loved ones and not post on the internet.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2009
@sojioguns
does pretending the problem doesn't exist solve it?
I believe what the poster's trying to do with this post is open our eyes to the evil our people commit because of money(an evil we all know is spreading like wild fire), and make us realize the need to pray for our beloved country.

9ja oni baje, ko si ni daru o!
GOD bless Nigeria.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by kemisuga(f): 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2009
Soji - what are you saying?

Tayo - Thks for the reply. smiley
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2009
If you believe disappearing people is a problem, then good luck. I know ritual killing exists, human parts, and stuff, yeah all that is REAL but a man disappearing after wearing a helmet?
Na wa oh.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2009
If you believe disappearing people is a problem, then good luck. I know ritual killing exists, human parts, and stuff, yeah all that is REAL but a man disappearing after wearing a helmet?
Na wa oh.

I really don't understand your point you know ritual killing exists, but you don't believe the ritualists can use diabolical means to kidnap(via teleportation)?
funny
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2009
I am a realist you know. Ritual killing happens and is explainable. But when you say someone wears a helmet and disappeared, unless you can grant me a demonstration, then I will believe.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by cvibe: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
It's probably best to buy your own helmet if you are a constant okada rider.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by JazzFreak(m): 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2009
tayoccu:

the ritualists can use diabolical means to kidnap(via teleportation)?

What !
Teleport ke ni  grin Haaa ba  Bros tongue
You mean the guy flew into a GSM Transciever station like breeze, & just yamoos go another person village.
NIGERIANS  ! shocked O na too much O !!!
Our people must bring new dimension into stuffs; simply resisting change.
Imagine all those gist say person turn fowl, person turn yam e.t.c na groove yarn !
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by thupsie(m): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2009
Meta- physics are real, All we need as Christians, is prayer, i employ you all to pray fervently each time when we go look for food to eat.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by ohaechesi(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2009
@sholasho

contribute, On Tuesday at Alaba a guy had the Helmet on his head and disappeared immediately they had to run after the Okada rider eventually they were not able to get him.
So do you think someone like me can ever but it on ma Head?, Hell no mehn,
I just hope this is not another money making stuff.

lol
you are very correct just that most readers misunderstood your point. grin wink perhaps the guy made away with the helmet given to him by the okada rider grin get serious for once my guy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sherrylo: 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2009
@shola, exactly! The guy needed a personal helmet and decided to keep the riders one and ran away with it.
Situation explained!.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tytylayor: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2009

by Christino
It is only in Nigeria where you have to beg people before you save their lives. Go to Igbobi, General Hospital and LUTH to see the OKADA section, you'll be the one begging to wear double helmet!

but remember that the most affected place is d legs and arms, so r u goin to helmets on ur legs and arms?

u rearly find a case with d head
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2009
thupsie:

Meta- physics are real, All we need as Christians, is prayer, i employ you all to pray fervently each time when we go look for food to eat.

shocked shocked shocked You better don't let those emphirists see this, you know those ones who tell you it is rubbish to believe that there can be appearance without anything that appears, yet wants you to believe in their relational space and absolute space and theory-laden assumptions and observation from ad hoc hypothesis conjured up by a paradigm of nutters who have got a screw or two, loose in their head lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Tools Do You Carry In Your Car? / The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / Should Okada Be Banned In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.