Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Glitches - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitches (43797 Views)

[story] Glitches…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2015
kitnah:

Lol,i dnt do "chop and clean mouth" again grin

Wen is d next update??
You have put me in that awkward position now haven't you?

my schedule can be sometimes tricky so i don't usually know when i'm going to update. I type anytime i'm free.

Right about now, i'm about to go and eat wedding rice and might not be back till evening.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
I see this piece hitting fp...
ishilove might have other plans
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2015
jezuzboi:
Poor Jeremy.
I doubt the cell bars will be strong enough to restrain him on his next transmogrificatiom.
This is entertaining + educating.
Abeg that device wey dey read people mind dey 4RiL? I 4 lyk get am oo
for sure.

www.google.com/m?q=neuroscientists+from+university+of+berkely+created+a+machine+that+can+read+minds&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

There are quite alot of news on that topic, its quite fascinating
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 21, 2015
adegwurulez:

You have put me in that awkward position now haven't you?

my schedule can be sometimes tricky so i don't usually know when i'm going to update. I type anytime i'm free.

Right about now, i'm about to go and eat wedding rice and might not be back till evening.
Lol
Anytime you are ready,i will definitely be waiting

Dont you dare finish the rice angryangry
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
After the first night in the rehabilitation room, everybody was happy with the level of success attained. Even though falcon hated to agree, the success wouldn’t have been possible without the expertise of these strangers. Strangers who had dedicated their whole night rest just for a tale he told them. A tale that was… no need for that now. Kingsley was the most helpful of the lot. His program was what unscrambled the scrambled text that Newton had been struggling with for weeks. Now Newton was a geek, that much was clear, but a black man stealing his shine was something Falcon never expected. When falcon recruited Newton he was just a guy on the payroll of a cooperation that specialized in hacking government secrets and auctioning it to the highest bidder. The secret Agency falcon represented once intercepted and hijacked a ship load of nuclear war heads shipped by the French government to its military base in the United Arab Emirates. The information needed for the hijack was sold to the Agency through Newton. The ship was diverted to a secret location whispered to be housing artillery capable of obliterating a whole country.

It was a new day and the subject had woken up, reinvigorated. He couldn’t tell if it was the presence of the new faces or the news that progress was being made in this whole experiment that was him, that revitalized his essence.

‘’Breakfast is served.’’ He heard the ever familiar voice of Newton. Apart from having that infectious smile and being a computer geek, Newton was also a good cook. He had even once tried a local delicacy, one of his worst cooking till date.

‘’What do we have here?’’ Falcon asked, drawing a chair from the make-shift dining.

‘’Fried brain sandwich.’’ Newton replied with a benign smile.

‘’Calf or pig?’’ Falcon asked.

‘’Calf of course,’’ Newton replied. ‘’you made it clear you didn’t like pig brain.’’

‘’Wait, we’re eating calf brain for breakfast?’’ Stella asked. Definitely she didn’t think it was true when someone told her Americans eat anything edible.

‘’Best served hot.’’ Newton replied. ‘’And with a little bit of fruit juice of course.’’
They ate in silence for a little while. ‘’I heard what you did, stranger,’’ The subject broke the silence. ‘’And I’m grateful.’’

‘’That’s what I’m here for.’’ Kingsley replied, feeling an upsurge of pride.

Just then, Segun’s phone rang and he picked it.
‘’Sorry, I lost track of time.’’ He said. ‘’No, I’m not… Right away sir.’’

‘’work I guess?’’ Aaron asked.

‘’Said they just apprehended a high level security threat.’’ He stood up. ‘’Would have loved to finish your sandwich, but you see my boss, he’ll use my brain for sandwich if I’m not there in time.’’

Falcon stood up with a concerned look on his face. He walked towards Sugun, imposing authority with each step. The whole room was silent, the only thing audible in the room was Segun’s deep breathe. When falcon was within arm’s length of Segun, he stopped.

‘’I hope you understand the need for this to be kept secret?’’ he asked.

‘’I understand that.’’

Segun hadn’t even thought of reporting the matter to any third party. If the white man could trust them with the story, they should also return that much level of trust.

‘’hope you can find your way?’’

‘’C’mon, it’s not a labyrinth or something.’’ Segun smiled. ‘’I’ll be back in the evening.’’
With that, he walked out of the room while the rest continued their meal in silence. When they were through, Newton did the dishes while the rest went outside to get some air. The subject grabbed Aaron’s hand when he was about going out. ‘’can I see you for a second?’’ he requested. ‘’sure.’’ Aaron replied and followed him through the small door into the cave of solitude. Aaron studied him. His hair was disheveled. He was the untidy version of Wole Soyinka. His eyes were tiny, there was a vague familiarity in them. He was dark in complexion and about 5ft9 tall.

‘’I don’t trust him.’’ He suddenly said.
Aaron turned back to be sure he was the one been spoken to. He had no idea what the Subject was talking about.

‘’Trust who?’’ he asked when it was clear he was the only one there.

‘’Falcon.’’

‘’Oh! C’mon, he seems nice.’’

‘’My spirit just doesn’t tally with his. I mean, he looks like the conventional nice guy quite alright, but I get this feeling he is a dangerous wolf hiding in sheep clothing.’’ The subject explained.

‘’You are probably still recovering from the Drugs, you’re delirious and you need some rest. I’m calling the Doctor.’’ Aaron wanted to leave but the firm hand of the subject grabbed him.

‘’Goddamit Aary you don’t understand.’’

‘’There is nothing to…’’ Aaron was saying but something struck him. ‘’Did you just call me Aary?’’
Aary was a pet name only his family members called him, not even Stella knew that name.

‘’He isn’t who you think he is.’’

‘’Nobody knows me with that name, unless you are…’’ The word hung on his mouth as he watched a little tear drop from the face of the subject.

“Greg?’’

Jeremy was surrounded by heavily armed policemen. And suddenly when he needed his powers, there were nowhere to be found. He wished he could turn into whatever it was he normally turns into and finish off these men. He obeyed them and walked into their truck amidst stare from several onlookers.

The police station looked large, like the state headquarters or something. He was led into an empty room where he was strapped to a chair with his hands and legs fully chained to the chair. He was left there with the door firmly closed. Good thing they left the light on, he would have transformed before they got back. He studied the room, it had splashes of blood on the wall. You could smell the violence and bloodbath in the air. He was left in the room for close to 30minutes, although he could hear whispers outside the door. His hands and legs were beginning to hurt but he knew this was just the beginning. The door suddenly opened and a fearful looking man walked in. From his face, Jeremy concluded he had never smiled. Truly, Sule only smiled when inflicting pain on people. Torture was his expertise and he gets paid for doing that. He dropped his implements on the table; pliers, naked wire, knife, chisel, dry gin and an electric iron. Jeremy immediately started shaking, he knew well enough to fear a policeman, especially when in the station.

He heard footsteps approaching and quickly raised his head to see the person. The figure appeared from the shadows and entered the room, Jeremy remembered the face.

‘’We meet again,’’ Detective Dosun said. ‘’Only this time, it’s in my house.’’ He gave an evil grin.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
kitnah:

Lol
Anytime you are ready,i will definitely be waiting

Dont you dare finish the rice angryangry
too late
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Fascinating updates here. Keep it rolling.

And that Jeremy ehn, I af disown him o. * don't wanna be fan of a beast* angry
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
adegwurulez:

too late
Selfish embarassed
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Fascinating updates here. Keep it rolling.

And that Jeremy ehn, I af disown him o. * don't wanna be fan of a beast* angry
Nah.... it doesn't work that way.

Its forever and always.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
kitnah:

Selfish embarassed
undecided I finished it before seeing your message.

BTW

UP BAAAAARRRRRRCCCCCCCCCAAAAAA
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 1:56am On Mar 23, 2015
When the time 4 Jeremy 2 transform comes, all of them 4 that police station go Chi Chom Chin.
Cool Story.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
jezuzboi:
When the time 4 Jeremy 2 transform comes, all of them 4 that police station go Chi Chom Chin.
Cool Story.
he only transforms in the absence of light.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
adegwurulez:

Nah.... it doesn't work that way.

Its forever and always.

Not here o. Would have been tolerable if he were like Klaus or Elijah but this one ehn,.......I quit him forever angry
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
jezuzboi:
Cool Story.

I can imagine the DPO being the first to fly off.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I can imagine the DPO being the first to fly off.
Hahahaha. Don't let them hear u oo. A D.P.O could be following this story too oo. Lol
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
jezuzboi:

Hahahaha. Don't let them hear u oo. A D.P.O could be following this story too oo. Lol
cheesy
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Driving at a breakneck speed, the three boys were in high spirits. Wilson popped the wine he was holding and it shot out of the bottle ferociously, pouring Greg in the process.

‘’hey, I thought we were saving the drinks for the party proper?’’ Greg protested. Wilson shot him that ‘you really are no fun’ look.

‘’’Hello? Are we running out of drinks here?’’ he gave an inquisitive look. ‘’look around men, you’re in the circle of kings, don’t be such a killjoy.

‘’That’s exactly what I’ve had to put up with in that house.’’ Aaron who was on the wheels said. His foot was going hard on the accelerator.
‘’The mummy’s boy always acts like a flibbertigibbet, the shit is crazy men.’’

Greg didn’t understand what Aaron meant by flibbertigibbet. The guy always practices his new vocabularies on Greg, and most of the times, they were used in the wrong context. Greg didn’t ask for the meaning of the word like he’d normally do. What difference would that make anyways? Aaron would still shove his question aside and tell him what a wannabe Detective he looked like with his inquisitiveness. Aaron slid in a disk in the car stereo, Naeto c came on with his latest hit track – kini big deal.

‘’Kini big deal… kini big deal… Shebi shebi we’re on fire.’’ Aaron sang along, his voice trying so hard to overcome the loudness of the music.

‘’what exactly are we celebrating?’’ Greg shouted above the music.

‘’Take a pick,’’ Aaron replied. ‘’Your final WASSCE paper is on Monday, you’re turning 18 next week…’’ he paused a bit. ‘’And Stella is going to give you a son very soon.’’

Aaron and Wilson erupted in a fit of anger inducing laughter. ‘’I never knew children could now be vomited after hugs and smiles.’’ Greg replied.

‘’Boy, don’t tell me you haven’t sapped that honey.’’ Wilson popped his eyes. ‘’damn! Your bro is an 18th century monk.’’
Aaron shrugged as if to tell him ‘i told you so.’

‘’Jesus Wilson, she’s 16 for Christ sake,’’ Greg defended. ‘’And we’re taking things slow.’’

A loud screech effectively served as a good enough reason to end the topic. Aaron had brought the car to an abrupt stop. Greg’s heart practically popped out of his chest, Wilson on the other hand didn’t blink, he had gone out with Aaron long enough to know how he stops his car.

‘’Welcome to the Elegushi Beach gentlemen,’’ Aaron addressed them. ‘’where the bitches never dries. ‘’

Greg was lost as to what they were doing in a beach, was this where Aaron runs to every time he gets hold of the car keys? After clearing the necessary logistics, the boys went in and had mad fun. Greg wasn’t used to the kind of life but he managed to fare. He took extra caution not to get lost in the euphoria and consume too much alcohol. At the end of the day, he was able to pull out of his shell a little bit. They all left towards evening but instead of going home directly, Aaron changed course and started driving towards a bushy path. Greg didn’t complain, he trusted his brother even in his drunken state. The drive started getting creepy as the path began getting deserted. Aaron parked at the feet of a large mountain.

‘’What are we doing here?’’ Greg asked.

‘’Just get down, I want to show you something.’’ Aaron replied him. They all got down and climbed the mountain a little bit. There were bits of rocks and shrubs on them. When they’d gone far enough, Aaron stopped. He looked at Wilson and nodded, Wilson responded by bringing out a gun. Greg gasped at the sight of it.

‘’Oh what, we’re going hunting now?’’ he asked but when Wilson raised the gun at him, he moved back instinctively. ‘’what’s this supposed to mean?’’ he asked.

‘’You know Greg, you and everybody at home think the only thing I’m good at is envying you, basking in the shadows of the anointed one of the Apam family, but I’m here to shock you. I can do many things. I can kill somebody, I can craftily hide evidence that points to foul play, I can inherit the victim’s girlfriend.’’ Aaron gave an evil guffaw.

‘’Aaron, this is just some prank right?’’ Greg asked. ‘’Let’s go home, I promise I won’t tell anybody what happened here.’’’

‘’Too late for that little bro, I’m going to get all I’ve always wanted. The attention and all the love you get… Goodbye Greg.’’ He gave Wilson the signal to finish him up and he left to the car.

‘’Wilson, look at me,’’ Greg called out. ‘’Remember those days when we play and promise ourselves that we’d always look out for each other no matter what?’’

‘’We were kids Greg, we weren’t privy to the harsh realities of life.’’

‘’There are no harsh realities Wilson, realities only become harsh when we sow evil. It’s called Karma.’’
Wilson thought over it, what would he stand to gain killing a friend he had known all his life? They grew up together, played together, ate together, heck they even slept together.

‘’Run Greg,’’ he suddenly said. ‘’Run and never come back, your brother is going to complete his mission if he learns you’re still alive.

Greg didn’t wait for Wilson to complete what he was saying, he turned and started running through the rocky terrain. Wilson shot his gun in the opposite direction twice, he had to make Aaron believe he did his job. He went back to the car to find Aaron sulking in drink.

‘’Done.’’ He said.

‘’You made sure he was dead?’’

‘’I left him lifeless.’’

‘’Good.’’ Aaron acknowledged, ‘’may his soul rest in peace.’’ He stepped on the accelerator and they left the place.

‘’I swear it was the drink.’’ Aaron tried to explain to Greg, he could now see through the thick beards and tattered wears, it really was his brother. ‘’Drugs… some real hard Drugs was in that drink, I swear it makes you violent.’’

Greg never prepared for this scenario, truth was, he had long forgiven his brother but thinking about it now was bringing back memories. Bad ones.

‘’Everything alright here?’’ The raspy voice of Falcon shot through their ears.

‘’we’re good, just going over some details.’’ Aaron quickly replied him, praying he shouldn’t see the tear mark on Greg’s face.

‘’come on, we need to get to work, we don’t have time.’’

The three men walked over to the next room – the rehabilitation room, to meet Kingsley, Stella, Tobi and Newton. Stella looked at them suspiciously, like they just went to plan something sinister.

‘’Where were we?’’ Falcon asked.

‘’Outside the room, in the lush environment of the hill, savoring the sweet breeze.’’ Kingsley replied.

‘’Very funny.’’

‘’Dr. falcon, I want to know more about the maternal side of Cameron.’’ Stella inquired.

‘’unfortunately, there is only little about her in mythology. Evelyn Erling moved to Nigeria where it is believed she formed some kind of a cult, they call themselves the curators of Norse norms.’’

‘’Never heard of them.’’ Tobi said.

‘’It is a secret cult, you don’t expect them to announce their existence on radio and T.V.’’ Falcon replied him. ‘’But…’’ he paused. ‘’If Evelyn knew the cure to the Loman disease, she’ll most likely pass it down through this cult.’’

Falcon watched as their eyes brightened with surprise, finally, they were getting to the end of the tunnel – where there was light.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Aaron really is....... angry.

Wish the brother would have the glitches now and freak him out a little.
cheesy

Keep em coming.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 1:08am On Mar 25, 2015
It's a good thing Greg had 4given Aaron. If not, him 4 don hear ngwhii....,
Moreeeee
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Aaron really is....... angry.

Wish the brother would have the glitches now and freak him out a little.
cheesy

Keep em coming.
his brother had long forgiven him.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
jezuzboi:
It's a good thing Greg had 4given Aaron. If not, him 4 don hear ngwhii....,
Moreeeee
Thanks for teaching me how to spell 'nghwii' grin

3 Likes

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
adegwurulez:

Thanks for teaching me how to spell 'nghwii' grin
Hahahaha. U're welcome oo
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
adegwurulez:

his brother had long forgiven him.
Thank God he has good spirit.
I pray the evil remaining in him in form of a monster would be rid of.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
‘’So why haven’t you thought about this all these while?’’ The one who had come to be known as the subject but whose real name was Greg spoke.

‘’ I don’t know, I guess that’s how the mind works, search high before low right?’’

That obviously wasn’t a good enough answer for Greg for he immediately flared up. ‘’That isn’t a good enough reason now is it? Look at me. I’m the guy who turns into a beast every night. I’m that guy who lies on the experiment bed for whoever cares to check if his university certificate is still valid. I’m that guy who can’t socialize for fear of hurting others. I’m the guy been tagged ‘THE SUBJECT’. I’m that guy who sleeps in a cave. Look at me and tell me it would have skipped your mind if your child had been the one on that experiment bed.’’

‘’You don’t get to judge me. I’m that guy who flew a thousand miles to spearhead this experiment. I’m that guy who hasn’t seen his family for weeks because of this same experiment.’’ Falcon replied him, obviously angered by his outburst. ‘’And yes I call you the subject, but it is more out of professionalism than mockery.’’

‘’Ease up everybody,’’ Stella immediately intervened. ‘’I for one find it absurd that a human being is been referred to as ‘the subject.’ I’m sorry if I ever used that pseudonym on you but don’t you think you should tell us your name?’’

‘’That’s not the point.’’ Greg replied brusquely. ‘’my point is, this joke of an experiment is taking longer than normal because we are not looking in the right direction. Looks to me like someone is stalling.’’

There was suddenly a thick silence in the room. Aaron was thinking how his perfect life went south in just a week. He nearly went into cardiac when Stella asked Greg of his name. He feared she’d recognize him once he mentions his name. He was scared of losing Stella, their relationship had hitherto been perfect but he feared she was going to hate him forever if she learnt the truth about Greg. What really went wrong? He had told that bastard to make sure he was dead. Aaron hated himself that he was still thinking evil of his brother instead of begging for his forgiveness. He told himself he regretted his action, he even repented after the tragedy cost him his parents. Oh Wilson, I wish you’d still be alive to see the havoc you’ve wrecked on my life. Wilson had died few years after the Greg episode when stray bullets from a robbery attack hit him. Aaron had thought it was Karma coming back to haunt them after killing Greg, he who kills by the gun, dies by the gun’ but now he doesn’t even know what to believe.

‘’You’ve got to be kidding me?’’ Newton suddenly said, looking into his computer screen.

‘’What’s that?’’ Falcon asked with a look of concern in his face. Although he was glad that he would be getting a break from the subject and his distrust, he didn’t need to show it.

‘’it’s the Hill’s security, looks like they are carrying out some kind of system upgrade.’’

‘’Is that supposed to worry us?’’

‘’we created a loop in their camera feed, a system upgrade might be able to detect that.’’ The hill’s security department had cameras round the hill. These live cameras give them feeds of everything going on in the Hill. This way, they wouldn’t have to scare their campers with security checks, they just seat at the central security office with many monitors displaying live feeds from the cameras and dispatch teams on standby waiting to be sent into the hill if any security threat was discovered. What Newton did was to hack into the cameras around the cave and plant engineered videos. So instead of the security department to see all the unwanted tourists in their property, they see a video of a calm and serene environment. Kingsley went close to the computer. ‘’Then we need to hide the loop so the upgrade wouldn’t detect it.’’ He started punching the computer keyboard and when he was satisfied, he moved back as if admiring his work. ‘’See? We’ve also upgraded our loop.’’ he said.

Aaron fixed his hands in his suede pockets, he was sweating. All what they were saying wasn’t even getting to him, his mind was far away. His right hand felt something inside the pocket, he brought it out and it was a piece of paper. He gently unfolded it and saw a phone number written on it. He thought so hard but he couldn’t remember whose number it was, just when he was about throwing it away, the memories all came back. It was the girl from the club. Just what he needed. He excused himself and went outside, then he dialed the number. When it was about ending, she picked up.

‘’Hello?’’ the soft, angelic, feminine voice came on.

‘’Yeah, it’s me. The guy from the club.’’

‘’The guy from the club?’’ She asked like she was confused. She remembered him but she just had to play hard. Who even introduces himself as the guy from the club? ‘’Sorry I don’t know any guy from the club.’’

‘’Buzzers club. We danced together, shared the rest of the night in your car.’’

‘’oh you.’’ She didn’t want it to seem like many guys shared the night with her in her car. ‘’I thought you were never going to call.’’

‘’Yeah, I’m good at proving people wrong. Look, can we meet?’’

‘’I’m currently engaged but I would be done in the next 30minutes. You give me the time and the place and I’d be there.’’

Kingsley looked at his wristwatch, it was just a few minutes past 2. ‘’How about queen’s garden by 4?’’

‘’Date?’’

‘’Date.’’

Jeremy sat on the wooden chair with his hands and legs bound to it. He was feeling thirsty, famished and tired. Tired not only in the physical sense but also in the mental sense. He was tired of living, he was tired of being a victim of circumstances – being in the wrong places at the wrong times. Detective Dosun and the ‘smile-o-phobic’ guy had come inside the shythole just to instill the fear of God in him. The Balotelli of a guy had dropped his torture instruments for Jeremy to clearly see and as if that was all the work he had to do, he just walked out of the room. The Detective on the other hand came to torture him psychologically. He had first asked Jeremy if he was hungry – playing the role of a good host, and then calling out the list of foods available. He created that craving and longing for food in Jeremy, in that state, they could get what they wanted from him, after all, Esau sold his birth right just for a plate of pottage.

Jeremy was left for close to 5 hours, 5 tormenting hours. The door caved open, his two tormentors walked in but this time, they were with a third person Jeremy didn’t recognize. Segun was an expert in polygraphs so he always came in handy when interrogations were about to be carried out. He set up the machine and connected the wires to Jeremy’s head and chest. When he was done, he sat down facing Jeremy. Sule fixed his torture equipments, those that needed to be connected to an electric source were plugged in. when Detective Dosun was satisfied with the arrangement, he started the interrogation.

‘’What is your name.’’

‘’Jeremy Bassey.’’

‘’How old are you?’’

‘’19years.’’

‘’What tribe are you?’’

‘’Efik’’

‘’Do you know Miss Kelly Olabisi?’’

‘’yes.’’

‘’Did you kill her?’’

Jeremy swallowed saliva.

‘’Did you kill Miss Olabisi?’’ Detective Dosun asked again, surprisingly calm.

‘’No.’’ Jeremy replied.

‘’Lie.’’ Segun announced, obviously spotting it from the polygraph reading.

Sule quickly emptied one bucket of water on Jeremy, he then carried his wire which had already been plugged to a power source and touched Jeremy with the naked end. Jeremy vibrated on his chair from the electrocuting effect of the wire. After 5 seconds, Sule removed the wire.

‘’Let’s do this again shall we?’’ Detective Dosun was definitely enjoying this. ‘’Did you kill Miss Kelly Olabisi?’’

1 Like

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 12:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Na wao o! I didn't know Jeremy & I shared the same tribe. And Micheal got him in2 this. Well, like they say; the world & it's people.
Abeg Contunu,
Re: Glitches by LEGITLAYO: 6:33am On Mar 27, 2015
Morning guys, adegwurulez today is my birthday o
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 7:32am On Mar 27, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. YOU LEGIT!!!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
jezuzboi:
Na wao o! I didn't know Jeremy & I shared the same tribe. And Micheal got him in2 this. Well, like they say; the world & it's people.
Abeg Contunu,
you're Efik. cool.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
i almost forgot. Hbd man. Next update is dedicated to you.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dedicated to Legitlayo

Jeremy was seeing everything in twos and hearing echoes. Detective Dosun’s question played in the farthest part of his brain but he just couldn’t make meaning out of his words, yet he knew it would be foolhardy to say anything contrary to what the evil Detective wishes to hear. He was still shivering from the effect of the electric shock, and the water on his face wasn’t helping matters. He tried to raise his hand to wipe his face but his hands were tied. This is barbaric for crying out loud, this is human rights infringement. He couldn’t bring himself to say those words even though he wished he could.

‘’We don’t have all day.’’ The coarse voice of Detective Dosun that Jeremy had come to associate with evil spoke. ‘’Did you kill her?’’

‘’Yes.’’ He replied with shaky voice. He cringed in fear, expecting the torture to continue but it didn’t, instead, the Detective continued his questioning.

‘’How do you turn into a beast?’’

Damn if I knew I’d have torn your jaw and fed it to the Vultures.

‘’Maybe I didn’t go over the instructions but I’m gonna be clear on this one.’’ The Detective got serious. ‘’If I ask you a question, you answer it at once and quit stalling.’’

Jeremy caught the seriousness in the Detective’s voice and he swore he didn’t want to make him angry.

‘’How do you transform into a beast?’’ he asked again.

‘’I swear I don’t know.’’ Jeremy shouted quickly, not wanting to test the Detective’s patient. Detective Dotun gave Segun an inquiring look.

‘’He’s telling the truth.’’ Segun affirmed. He couldn’t help but feel pity for the boy. The poor boy doesn’t even know what he’s in for.

‘’How is that possible Jeremy, You collected a charm to help you turn into a monster but you don’t know how to activate it?’’

Now that was the dumbest thing Jeremy had heard all year. How would someone collect a charm to help him turn into a monster? To what gain?

‘’I swear I don’t know anything about this thing, it’s just crazy. I just discovered one night that I could change into… whatever this is, i swear I don’t know how.’’

‘’Tell me, how many people like you are out there?’’

‘’Look, I don’t know anything about this okay? I’m equally as confused as you.’’

Detective Dosun motioned to Sule to continue his ‘activity’. Sule felt more than glad to oblige, the whole interrogation was getting boring and lacked necessary actions. His hands were getting itchy, he wanted to punch that jaw. By this time, the pressing iron on the wall socket was already very hot. He lifted it gently, Jeremy swallowed a lump. Slowly, he brought it close to Jeremy who was already shouting before the iron got close. He pressed it hard on Jeremy’s face. There was a hiss of broiling flesh, coupled with the pungent smell of burning flesh.

‘’He’s telling the…’’ Segun was saying but Detective Dosun gesticulated him to stop.

‘’In case you haven’t noticed, Sule here feels no remorse whatsoever and he is not going to stop until you tell us what we want to hear.’’

What the hell do you want to hear? Nigga we’re both brothers in cluelessness.

Jeremy felt tears drop from his eyes and when it touched the injury on his face, he felt pain like no other. Segun suddenly hit the table and stood up, ‘’I can’t be part of this.’’ He said and stormed out of the room. Detective Dosun eyed him angrily, then slowly, he returned the gaze to Jeremy, then to Sule.

‘’Let’s take a break.’’ He said and turned back to Jeremy. ‘’You better start talking when we get back.’’ The two men walked outside just in time to see Segun kick the wall, he felt like he carried the weight of the world. He couldn’t bring himself to tell anybody the truth about the situation, a decision that is currently having a harmful effect on a youth.

‘’what’s the matter with you segun?’’ Detective Dosun asked.

‘’that’s no way to go with an interrogation. Your methods are medieval, abhorrent and repugnant.’’

‘’And yet they are very effective.’’

‘’Is that all you care about?’’ Segun couldn’t hide his disgust. ‘’Results? Without giving a damn how many innocent people you hurt in the process?’’

‘’He isn’t innocent.’’ Detective Dosun shouted. ‘’He is a killer, a monster. And the earlier we start treating him as such, the better for all of us.’’

‘’He is a human being for Christ sake.’’

‘’I think we are forgetting something here, you’re my subordinate.’’ Detective Dosun said with an air of authority. ‘’And I’m ordering you to back off.’’

Segun raised his hands up in mock surrender. Detective Dosun checked his wrist watch, it was just a few minutes before four o’clock. ‘’I think he is stalling. He is waiting for nightfall when he can turn. We’re gonna give him a little time now, let him reminisce a little bit. If by the time we come back, he isn’t still saying anything reasonable, we’ll kill him.’’

Aaron was at Queen’s garden before 4. He had run from the cave few hours earlier and was just driving around town to clear his head. He chose a spot that faced the city, where he could see the hustling and bustling he ran away from. From his vantage point, he could see the heavy Lagos traffic, the cloud of thick smoke from industries. His phone rang, it was Segun. He contemplated picking it. What could it be? Or has he closed from the station and was now at the Hill? He picked the call.

‘’Aaron we have a Loman case here.’’ Aaron’s mind skipped a bit. Had Greg left the cave? Was he looking for him? ‘’They brought him in this morning.”

‘’Do they know what they are facing?’’ Aaron asked.

‘’They don’t. They just know he turns into a monster at night.’’

‘’Well, just make sure you’re not close by when he turns.’’

‘’They’re not gonna let him turn Aaron.’’

‘’What do you mean they’re not gonna let him turn?’’Aaron asked. Can they possibly stop it?

‘’They are going to kill him before night fall.’’ Segun felt like shedding a tear. ‘’He’s just a kid.’’

‘’That’s not going to happen, you’re going to break him out of there.’’

‘’And how the f.uck am I supposed to do that?’’ Segun asked.

‘’I don’t know, you’re the police officer, think of something.’’ Aaron looked up and saw who he had been waiting for. He last saw her at night weeks ago but he remembered her perfectly. Wearing a red pebble gown which accentuated her features, she stood there, confused. She brought out her phone to dial a number. ‘’look men I gotta go, just take care of the situation.’’

‘’hold on a sec you’re asking me to break a high level criminal suspect out of police headquarters without… hello? Hello?’’ The line was dead.

‘’Shiit!’’ he managed to mutter.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
adegwurulez:
you're Efik. cool.
Yeah
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Shegun has got to break Jeremy out no matter what. Even if it costs him his job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo / The Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.