Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Tilapia Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tilapia Farming (2399 Views)

Tilapia Farming Secrets revealed! / Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra / How To Start A Profitable Tilapia Fish Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tilapia Farming by Sprintson(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lets look at tilapia farming tilapia belongs to the group ciclidae, though we have lots of tilapia species e.g Tilapia zilli, Tilapia galilea,Oreochromis niloticus,Hemichromis bimculatus e.t.c
Facts about them remains that they are mouth brooders therefore they have a high rate of parental care,they have a very high rate of fecundity as their first reproduction starts at the age of 2-3 months and every 3-6 weeks thereafter.Growth rate is that it could gain a weight of 300g -350g in a season.water temperature is 25C.
Hemichromis mostly is used for aquaria. Share your ideas too
Re: Tilapia Farming by FarmTech(m): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Where can one get tilapia fingerlings?
Re: Tilapia Farming by SunnyJ2: 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sprintson:
Lets look at tilapia farming tilapia belongs to the group ciclidae, though we have lots of tilapia species e.g Tilapia zilli, Tilapia galilea,Oreochromis niloticus,Hemichromis bimculatus e.t.c
Facts about them remains that they are mouth brooders therefore they have a high rate of parental care,they have a very high rate of fecundity as their first reproduction starts at the age of 2-3 months and every 3-6 weeks thereafter.Growth rate is that it could gain a weight of 300g -350g in a season.water temperature is 25C.
Hemichromis mostly is used for aquaria. Share your ideas too
Are you an internet farmer or practical farmer. post the thepicture of your farmer here.

1 Like

Re: Tilapia Farming by Sprintson(m): 6:53am On Mar 03, 2015
SunnyJ2:

Are you an internet farmer or practical farmer. post the thepicture of your farmer here.

man try not to be rude it wouldn't pay you one bit. I do have a farm and more so i studied agriculture fisherys option and has vast experience in it from the nigerian oceanography and marine research lagos and the african regional aquaculture centre aluu plus consultancy. Dont be deceived people can post pics that isn't theirs.

1 Like

Re: Tilapia Farming by Sprintson(m): 6:59am On Mar 03, 2015
FarmTech:
Where can one get tilapia fingerlings?

advisable you procure from reputable private farms or better still try Government farms like arac ph....you should be careful when transporting as they are fragile and can die....when you are ready i will give you the procedures via chazereel@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Tilapia Farming by FarmTech(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Sprintson:

advisable you procure from reputable private farms or better still try Government farms like arac ph....you should be careful when transporting as they are fragile and can die....when you are ready i will give you the procedures via chazereel@gmail.com
Thanks bro, I've also heard of Durantee fishery Ibadan.
Re: Tilapia Farming by NaijaPress: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Fish constitute the cheapest source of animal protein in Africa. Fish is generally appreciated as one of the healthiest and cheapest source of protein and it has amino acid compositions that are higher in Cysteine than most other source of protein.
http://www.joeyarticles.com/nutritional-assessment-wild-farmed-tilapia-zilli/
Re: Tilapia Farming by babytejiri(m): 7:48am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Tilapia Farming by Sprintson(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
FarmTech:
.. Thanks bro, I've also heard of Durantee fishery Ibadan.
Though I don't know about them but try them out...Good luck
Re: Tilapia Farming by Sprintson(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2016
Contrary to what people think most time that reading a manual can help in fighting the challenges in Fish farming, I make bold to say that though manuals give CD's to get informed but they should not replace the place of professional advise.
I have seen people start up agricultural establishments and pack up after they had exhausted their funds because even the manual producers many did copy and paste and don't even have farm experience..
Read manuals,get cd's seek professional advise that's the way forward.

(1) (Reply)

Eight Weeks Broilers Really Exist? / Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. / 100% Stone Free Nutritious Ofada Rice Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.