Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,575 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894659 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have read with interest from the beginning of this thread and I find it really educative.Thank you all for sharing.However,I am a sept mum heading to Houston in August.I also intend to use dr Fagbohun but I have being having challenge with accommodation,Please can anyone recommend any apartment or hotel close to the oakbend hospital that is cost effective and have other Nigerian mothers around as I donot like boredom at all.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hi House,

Really appreciate wot you guys are doing in this forum. It's been very helpful.
I applied for us visa under bi/b2( tourism and medical) and my interview date is first week in july. I want to know the documents required and how much my husband and i shd ve in our bank statements. we allso have a valid uk visa, dont know whether this can help us to get the visa.
Please house, kindly assist me and share your experience on how to go for d interview.

Urgent please cos am a November mum

God Bless you all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thank you very much @Nogen,I have just checked their website.Can you give me an idea of their charges?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=bbaby84 I did d Nigerian visa myself via New York embassy and wasn't asked for any consent letter oooo,is only agents dat ask for that from what I know.www.nigeriahouse.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by UnTee06: 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new on here though been following.Ihope to travel to houston by July for August birth.Will like to connect with mums travelling same period if we can share accommodation.
I actually was in houston in March!had a terrible experience at Poe. Then I was just like 16wks gone n trip was 4 vacation with my hubby.They didn't believe me n was held for 10 good hours.I'm sure that was the worst experience of my life. After so much interogation was given 31days to leave which I did cos my trip was 4 just 2wks.Though I told them I have plans to return but I must say I still have my fears after that experience which gave me nightmare for days. Any advice?Also,anybody doing 'Katy ' houston tx?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by UnTee06: 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Oresmum:

I used this hospital and Dr Glenn too. It was a nice experience and the Dr is superb. He also accepted my lab work from Naija. There's additional charge for false labour - 200 or so. The hospital also charged 100 for circumcision. I had a baby boy through CS. The only additional cost might arise if you use the hospital's paediatrician - cost depends on services rendered on the child. I stayed at Intown Suites till I delivered due to the distance. It's about 7mins drive and Dr Glenn's office is right next to the hospital.
I'm done and heading home in a few days.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have smiley

Please will like more information on the intown suites rates n all or how to contact them thanks.Due to be in houston I July for August birth.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
UnTee06:
Hello everyone, I'm new on here though been following.Ihope to travel to houston by July for August birth.Will like to connect with mums travelling same period if we can share accommodation.
I actually was in houston in March!had a terrible experience at Poe. Then I was just like 16wks gone n trip was 4 vacation with my hubby.They didn't believe me n was held for 10 good hours.I'm sure that was the worst experience of my life. After so much interogation was given 31days to leave which I did cos my trip was 4 just 2wks.Though I told them I have plans to return but I must say I still have my fears after that experience which gave me nightmare for days. Any advice?Also,anybody doing 'Katy ' houston tx?

I would just advice you to be prepared for poe,just read this thread in detail and gather your burden of proof for poe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pls for you all that had your babies in Texas, did u use the immunization card you were given there for your baby here? Cos I read something on the card saying you need to show it in some schools, college or some jobs. So I'm wondering...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
sayoberry:
Pls for you all that had your babies in Texas, did u use the immunization card you were given there for your baby here? Cos I read something on the card saying you need to show it in some schools, college or some jobs. So I'm wondering...
Yes I used mine and still using it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Newmum15:
Hello house,Pls I have a question for mothers that have traveled back home with those babies,What type of car seat would you advice one to buy?The infant car seat or the convertible?At what point is the car seat collected,do you check it in or its collected at the entrance of the plane.Plsss help!!Thank you.

Check my posts for the 3 main important things u need to do when traveling with ur infant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
isysleek:
Hello house?

Please those who have used ARik airline back to Nigeria with baby, please what travel documents do I need to hold for baby to enable us checkin. I will hold her international passports (America and Nigeria). Do I need to hold any other document like birth certificate etc?

Please assist. Urgent please.

Thank you.

Why do people still patronise Arik when preggers?? After all has been said about their yeye service.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 12:32am On Jun 11, 2015
Shawbabe:

Check my posts for the 3 main important things u need to do when traveling with ur infant.
Yeah,I had to go through it.Got my infantino baby carrier today.Thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stlov: 2:58am On Jun 11, 2015
bisilola:
Hello everyone,
I have read with interest from the beginning of this thread and I find it really educative.Thank you all for sharing.However,I am a sept mum heading to Houston in August.I also intend to use dr Fagbohun but I have being having challenge with accommodation,Please can anyone recommend any apartment or hotel close to the oakbend hospital that is cost effective and have other Nigerian mothers around as I donot like boredom at all.
Thank you
check out soulcare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 11, 2015
modath:

There are only five states in the US that don't levy sales tax, which the seller collects at the point of purchase. They are;

Alaska
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

New york's sales tax is only exempted on some stuff less than a specific amount.

VAT is not even a US thing,its mostly Euro.
Those states usually have high income tax except Alaska which has high oil tax revenue from Exxon Mobil, ConocoPhillips and BP and can pay it residents. VAT is truly not a big thing in US, but income and property tax is their major concern it helps the government as well, that's why you can get jail terms for tax invasion. Alaska is really a good place to have your baby considering the freebies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2015
slimmy05:
Those states usually have high income tax except Alaska which has high oil tax revenue from Exxon Mobil, ConocoPhillips and BP and can pay it residents. VAT is truly not a big thing in US, but income and property tax is their major concern it helps the government as well, that's why you can get jail terms for tax invasion. Alaska is really a good place to have your baby considering the freebies.

Alaska Just thinking about the freezing temperatures make me shiver! And imagine entering into labour and the only means to get to the hosp is through sled dogs! Lol

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 5:26am On Jun 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Alaska Just thinking about the freezing temperatures make me shiver! And imagine entering into labour and the only means to get to the hosp is through sled dogs! Lol

cheesy nerf o rotfl. See what too much cartoons and movies is doing to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:28am On Jun 11, 2015
woaini:

cheesy nerf o rotfl. See what too much cartoons and movies is doing to you

Lol, can anything warmer come out of Alaska? But you are right, it's all from movies and cartoons
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2015
sayoberry:

Get the nigerian card, there are some immunization that is peculiar to Africa that's not on that card. Like opv.

To go to skl even some schools here you need to show proof of immunization that's what that statement means

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2015
UnTee06:

Did you get your visa when you were pregnant? Without disclosing?
What was their basis for the harassment. Well, this is a preview of what it will be so Plan not to go in through Houston Poe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2015
@favouredgal,I am a sept mum traveling in August,I am interested in hooking up with other mums too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Hello mothers how body. Some of us here know my story. Well I just renewed my visa using Dropbox and I was given. If you used Medicaid and scared of dicussing it here, or you tried paying back but have difficulties you can contact me. mr Justwise ese oo. Thanks for your advise. Good luck to expecting mothers.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello travels gurus
Had my visa interview yesterday but was refused; worst part is can't seem to place my hansd on what went wrong, so I'm skeptical about reappling for fear of rejection.

I really wish I knew what I shouldn't have done or should have done. Was pretty confident from all the learnings I had garnered here.

Background:

Applied for B2, used Lagos, married, self sponsored, travelling alone, budget of about 12.1K , Oakbend medical center, precious cedars for 10 weeks accommodation, Dr FF. SOA balance of about 3.5M in 2 banks with very good inflow and outflow. First time applicant to US, previously travelled for holiday to Ghana and Dubai. Work for a multinational.23weeks gone.

Transcript(in no particular order):

It seemed like I was her first interviewee or she just came from a break cos she had window blinds half way down her window and was settling down with a cup of coffee or something. Quite formal Black woman, no smiles etc. Hardly had eye contact, cos she kept typing, her fingers were so fast.Seemed to take forever, cos she kept typing.

where are you going to in the US? Richmond texas

Why?Vacation and child birth.

Who have you contacted? FF of OBC

How longdo you plan to spend? 10 weeks

Wherewould you be staying? Precious Cedars.

Where do you work? Xyz

What do you do there? Bla bla bla

how long have you been there? ...yrs

How much do you earn? Xyz

do you have a birth plan? gave her + FF correspondences and Precious Cedars emails.

CanI see your statements. Sure, passed them to her she studied and studied and studied.

So you are going for 3 months. No... 10 weeks.

I see you are married. Yes I am

Do you have any children. No, this is our first.

Have youtravelled outside? Yeah, UAE.

And kept typing and typing and typing.

I'm sorry bla bla bla, gave me the blue paper with 214b reasons for refusal.

...that's as far as I can remember...

I had a portmanteau filled with proofs, but you don't prove what you weren't asked, rightHow do I prove strong ties, thought my place of work, job role and the fact that my husband wasn't travelling with me was good enough.

Ireally do not know what to do differently?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
dunwun:
Hello travels gurus
Had my visa interview yesterday but was refused; worst part is can't seem to place my hansd on what went wrong, so I'm skeptical about reappling for fear of rejection.

I really wish I knew what I shouldn't have done or should have done. Was pretty confident from all the learnings I had garnered here.

Background:

Applied for B2, used Lagos, married, self sponsored, travelling alone, budget of about 12.1K , Oakbend medical center, precious cedars for 10 weeks accommodation, Dr FF. SOA balance of about 3.5M in 2 banks with very good inflow and outflow. First time applicant to US, previously travelled for holiday to Ghana and Dubai. Work for a multinational.23weeks gone.

It seemed like I was her first interviewee or she just came from a break cos she had window blinds half way down her window and was settling down with a cup of coffee or something. Quite formal Black woman, no smiles etc. Hardly had eye contact, cos she kept typing, her fingers were so fast.Seemed to take forever, cos she kept typing.

Where do you work? Xyz

do you have a birth plan? gave her + FF correspondences and Precious Cedars emails.

CanI see your statements. Sure, passed them to her she studied and studied and studied.

I had a portmanteau filled with proofs, but you don't prove what you weren't asked, rightHow do I prove strong ties, thought my place of work, job role and the fact that my husband wasn't travelling with me was good enough.

You did nothing wrong.
That black woman is a real meanie (am assuming she's d same black woman who denied my husband and made him US EmbassyPhobic)
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up just try again. Reapply, and see another VO. I have friends who were denied in May and got it this week. Same birthing purpose, same documents, only increased the funds in their bank accts.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
@ dittobaby i Pmed you..cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by UnTee06: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
favoredgal:

Did you get your visa when you were pregnant? Without disclosing?
What was their basis for the harassment. Well, this is a preview of what it will be so Plan not to go in through Houston Poe.

l applied before I discovered I was pregnant but at the airport in Nigeria the attendant asked 4 letter n I was wondering he then asked if I was pregnant I said yes but not far gone n he made me get a report at the airport which I think reflected when I landed.The officers there confirmed I signed d application by pregnancy confirmation after a lot of questions.
I ream am thinking going thru New York cos I really can't take a reoccurrence.
Please any heads on how to connect?.Thks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello, I will advice u to go with ur hubby wen next u reapply. These are the possible reasons;

1. The VO will be wandering what will ur hubby be doing without assisting you.
2. Secondly make sure u use another VO wen next u go.
3. Don't use Texas as ur POE use New york, Chicago etc

Good luck!

dunwun:
Hello travels gurus

Background:

Where do you work? Xyz

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
dyout:
Hello, I will advice u to go with ur hubby wen next u reapply. These are the possible reasons;

3. Don't use Texas as ur POE use New york, Chicago etc

Good luck!

Like she has right to choose VO herself. Her husband should be a tie she has back home. Don't even go through Chicago. It's worse than Houston for pregnant women.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thanks Nerf, that's really encouraging I must say cos I'm trying hard not to feel bad and blame myself for something I'm not aware of.

@dyout. Thanks too. we've thought of that too I.e. applying with hubby, but she didn't ask one question about hubby. She only acknowledged that I was married. And it was right afterwards she asked if we had children.

@Nogen, I read somewhere that you can politely ask to be interviewed by another VO should you meet the same VO who had interviewed you before.
My thoughts exactly, hubby staying back was to make ties stronger at least for the purpose of my interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboy95: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
bisilola:
Hello everyone,
Thank you
i sent you a PM.. am going in August too hopefully and using same Doc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
dyout:

3. Don't use Texas as ur POE use New york, Chicago
[b][/b]etc

Good luck!

Chi wahhhh! No oooo! She should just settle for New York. Houston is Child's play compared to Chicago!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.