Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893137 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by JDQueen: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Good day every one. Got into the US on the 8th through JFK, POE was smooth. Flew Air France, I requested for wheel chair. Am now in El paso.

My Transcript:

CBP: Hello mam, how u doing?
Me: Am fine Sir good day.

CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 8weeks.

(Did Bio metrics)

CBP: How much are you here with?
Me: $5689

CBP: Are you here to visit a family?
Me: No.

CBP: So what are you here for?
Me: Child birth.

CBP: Sorry I don't get you, what do you mean by that?
Me: Am here to have my baby.

CBP: Wow, I have never heard someone say that, that's so bold of you to say. I like that.
Me: thank you.

CBP: (types on the system for long, stamps my passport)

CBP: Why where you denied visa the first time?
Me: I don't know, I applied with my husband.

CBP: Nods head, that's ok (signed my passport) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thank you.

I was stamped in for 6months till April.
No secondary inspection or Agriculture checking.

Wish every expecting mum safe delivery and pray visa approvals for those yet to get 1 and wonderful POE for those coming in soon.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
No law as far as I know.... You can carry $100k cash - just declare it.

Better to send that Email on change of intent if you didn't use it to apply - just in case.

JFK used to be the best POE, but if you read recent feedback on them, they are also waking up.

yokus:
GoodMorning y'all,
I heard that the maximum amount you can legally carry from Nig is $5000 due to some new laws (pls correct me if im wrong... i am curious).
Is there a way to pay Oakbend in advance from Nigeria,? So that i will have a reciept to show at POE so i dont carry more than the legal limit from Nig. Been trying to call them so i could provide my email for some form of correspondence but it keeps going straight to voicemail.
I wish to use either Dr A or F. Read that Dr A doesnt give bill until u land, i wish that was not the case.
I am trying to do everything right this time. Also confused as to whether Jfk or Atl is an easy Poe.
I will write a letter of intent to the embassy soon since i intend leaving nextmonth. I did drop box n was not preg as at the day of the app. Had my 2 other kids in ATL but considering Houston this time. Accomodation is settled.
Pls i am open to advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by omogedudu99: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
For those who have been asking for more info on the Dallas area, I hope the following will be useful:

Self pay Delivery charges from Health central women's care, Frisco, Dallas. (Obgyn)

#Vaginal delivery and routine prenatal care $2500

# c section delivery and routine prenatal care $2750

# Vaginal delivery following previous c section $3500

The 2500 for VD also covers initial lab fees(cbc, 1hr glucose test, Grp B strep test, HIV), 2 sonograms, pap smear, Tdap vaccine, breast exam and post partum visit.

Hospital is Centennial medical centre frisco with charges as follows:

$3300 for mum VD uncomplicated 1-2 days
$618 for baby VD uncomplicated 1-2 days
$1470 for each additional day after the 2nd (this is scary abeg)

Mother's charge for VD is inclusive of epidural. Whether you take it or not. But you pay $900 for the administration of the anesthesia

$4725 for mom c section uncomplicated 1-2 days
$618 for baby c sect uncomplicated 1-2 days
$1470 for each additional day after the 2nd.

PS. The hospital has level 3 NiCu facilities

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thanks LI...I'm planning to fly Delta to Atl frm Lagos though I'm based in Abj. I intend flying at 34wks+ and all these our local airlines are not smiling. Most won't carry after 28wks. Even at 20wks they harass for fit to fly. I would try my luck with arik.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Chizzyzobby: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
P
JDQueen:
Good day every one. Got into the US on the 8th through JFK, POE was smooth. Flew Air France, I requested for wheel chair. Am now in El paso.

My Transcript:

CBP: Hello mam, how u doing?
Me: Am fine Sir good day.

CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 8weeks.

(Did Bio metrics)

CBP: How much are you here with?
Me: $5689

CBP: Are you here to visit a family?
Me: No.

CBP: So what are you here for?
Me: Child birth.

CBP: Sorry I don't get you, what do you mean by that?
Me: Am here to have my baby.

CBP: Wow, I have never heard someone say that, that's so bold of you to say. I like that.
Me: thank you.

CBP: (types on the system for long, stamps my passport)

CBP: Why where you denied visa the first time?
Me: I don't know, I applied with my husband.

CBP: Nods head, that's ok (signed my passport) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thank you.

I was stamped in for 6months till April.
No secondary inspection or Agriculture checking.

Wish every expecting mum safe delivery and pray visa approvals for those yet to get 1 and wonderful POE for those coming in soon.

wow that's a smooth entry pray to have such smooth entry.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Chizzyzobby: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hi Houston mamas
Pls can anyone help me with a cost breakdown of dr Amajoh and dr f
Even the Methodist,west Houston and memorial hermam.
Apart from the notification of intent,doctors correspondance and cash,
What else can one need at the Poe. I intend to enter from Atlanta.
Pls answer me lovely mamas I need answers ASAP .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by JDQueen: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
Chizzyzobby:
Pwow that's a smooth entry pray to have such smooth entry.

Amen. God will do it, just be truthful, confident and have all your complete documents. I flew at exactly 36 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Chizzyzobby:
Hi Houston mamas

Apart from the notification of intent,doctors correspondance and cash,
What else can one need at the Poe. I intend to enter from Atlanta.
Pls answer me lovely mamas I need answers ASAP .

Kind of ask the same thing before o.
Please ?

shanaka29:
Last point, i will be traveling with my mother and we both are on visa waiver program.
i'm planning on taking:
- our esta confirmations
- Dr emails (including cost breakdown)
- my budget sheet (around 8.5 K$ for c-section)
- 6 K$ in cash
- my last bank statement (with more or less 5 K$ net balance)
- my saving plan statement (15 K$)
- my last 3 salary slips
we will be staying with relatives.

Do i need anything else for POE ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nasadiva:

Come, u and ftym are yet to pay me "referral abi consultation fee" undecided undecided
. Hahahahahha a.... Ozycy will pay for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tobermom: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
missusadey:
Thanks LI...I'm planning to fly Delta to Atl frm Lagos though I'm based in Abj. I intend flying at 34wks+ and all these our local airlines are not smiling. Most won't carry after 28wks. Even at 20wks they harass for fit to fly. I would try my luck with arik.
Virgin atlantic carry up to 36 weeks but with a fit to fly letter. You might want to try that option as they fly to atl as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
missusadey:
I flew medview... I was more than 28 weeks.
Don't try Arik. Inshore forgerrit.
Try Dana no cut off policy written on their website. They only said present ur fit to fly.

My advice is to go with a fit to fly from Abuja port health.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Part 3 is here https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

Please continue there.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.