Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892268 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
shelly23:
Ideally you should have an international driver's license to drive in the US cos the nigerian one isn't recognized. Just hope you're not stopped for any reason cos you'll have a bit of explanation to do with your naija license. And you might even jeopardise the car owner cos you're probably not listed on the insurance. Just be careful.

I need someone who's coming to El Paso and I know all about the rules and regulations here and Nigerian driver's license is accepted. Please , if you are not coming, let those who are, help out!

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nogen:

I need someone who's coming to El Paso and I know all about the rules and regulations here and Nigerian driver's license is accepted. Please , if you are not coming, let those who are, help out!

Lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls mamas who have travelled at 35weeks which airline did you use. This Qatar airways has messed up things for me...after they rescheduled my flight twice it seems I might not travel with them.
Biko its urgent, I need to Travel this week.
Plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beryl15:
Pls mamas who have travelled at 35weeks which airline did you use. This Qatar airways has messed up things for me...after they rescheduled my flight twice it seems I might not travel with them.
Plssss

Flew BA at 35weeks plus.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Phema:

Flew BA at 35weeks plus.
Ok thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Phema:

And what are you doing here? Are you pregnant? grin

Hi there!
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lahips: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beryl15:
Plssss

I would pick Air France, their rules for pregnancy is cool. I flew with them same timing (35weeks), you can google their policies concerning pregnant women.

For Parents travelling with infants less than 2yrs, Air france gave me I guess 18kg space allowance for my daughter minus hand luggage, during our next trip Lufthansa gave us 23kg. For those who value luggage space you can try Lufthansa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sorry ehn!

Nogen:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
lahips:

I would pick Air France, their rules for pregnancy is cool. I flew with them same timing (35weeks), you can google their policies concerning pregnant women.

For Parents travelling with infants less than 2yrs, Air france gave me I guess 18kg space allowance for my daughter minus hand luggage, during our next trip Lufthansa gave us 23kg. For those who value luggage space you can try Lufthansa
Thanks, I'll check them out.
After sending my medical reports and filling all the necessary forms for confirmation, their Dr in Doha says I'm 36 weeks already how he/she came about that calculation I have no idea.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
shelly23:
Sorry ehn!

You too, SORRY!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
That's not very nice. Let's be cordial to each other. It's a public forum, all she did was offer her two cents as far as she was aware... Different strokes for different folks

Nogen:

You too, SORRY!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beryl15:
Plssss

Try airfrance.... Read their rules for pregnant mums if 35 weeks can
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
toparie:
That's not very nice. Let's be cordial to each other. It's a public forum, all she did was offer her two cents as far as she was aware... Different strokes for different folks

U now decided to post this after they apologized to each other ... Lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
nefertitiram:
@shawlar sorry, you were misunderstood. Sometimes people don't search extensively.hope you get a response soon

aight, its no p... I realise it was dr. 'watshisname' matter that infuriated you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hi,

Delta airlines has no restriction. See link below.

http://www.kidsonaplane.com/delta-airlines-pregnancy-infant-and-children-travel-policy/#Mother
[i]
Will be traveling at 35 weeks with KLM. They allow you to travel up until 36 weeks " Travel by air is usually safe for mothers-to-be. However, once you are 36 weeks into your pregnancy, we recommend against flying. We also discourage flying during the first week following delivery, also for your baby.

If you are expecting more than 1 baby, we recommend consulting your physician first. If you have had complications, you always need to have permission to fly from your physician.
see link

https://www.klm.com/travel/ch_en/prepare_for_travel/travel_planning/physically_challenged/index.htm#p4

You can call them to verify.

Beryl15:
Plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
You can try Delta too. They didn't ask me for a fit to fly even

Beryl15:
Plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beryl15:
Plssss
I used Lufthansa at 35weeks +3days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
United Airlines is cool too.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/specialneeds/pregnancy/default.aspx

Beryl15:
Plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beryl15:
Plssss

You can try Airfrance, I flew them last week at 37+ weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

37+? Babe, you get mind!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
toparie:

There's a huge difference between "I'm sorry" and "sorry ehn". We are all adults here.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lekiks: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nogen:

There's a huge difference between "I'm sorry" and "sorry ehn". We are all adults here.

sent you a mail Nogen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
@ phema, Shelly23, firsttymum,
Iahips, Ozycy, back2dmatter, lala4sure, ejisky..
Thanks ladies.
I found out they called the hospital to ask for info, only God knows what they told them.
Anyway, I've asked for a refund from Qatar.
Would keep you guys updated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
As in!!!

Phema:

37+? Babe, you get mind!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

shocked I don see pesin wey get mind pass me. How did you do that? Did they actually know you were 37weeks? Only if I can see a doc dat will backd... for me lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

Which accommodation did you finally settle for?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Phema:

37+? Babe, you get mind!

Azzzin eh!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

My team mate the gangsteress!! shocked

@Nogen,
Regd post, incase DHL will charge an arm & a leg.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

U broke record..... 37 weeks wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear house, is it true that diamond bank has stopped giving pta?... Or does anyone know any branch in Abuja that is still giving.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear House,

Please I need to get in touch with anyone who has given birth in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I desperately need information relating to delivery estimates. I have not been able to get any quote from the hospital or doctor despite my several calls.

Thank you!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Emirates, wit ur fit 2fly...
Beryl15:
Pls mamas who
have travelled at 35weeks which airline did you use. This Qatar airways has messed up things for me...after they rescheduled my flight twice it seems I might not travel with them.
Plssss

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.