Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896524 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Amother4life:

Has anyone used gtbank naira card recently? Please, what was the pos rate. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Hi people, I am here again to share my POE experience after sharing my successful visa interview some weeks back. Thanks once again to tvegas, phema, tzetzefly and all other selfless contributors.

I am houston bound using Dr Fagbohun/oakbend med center due in August but having gone thru part 1&2 of the thread, decided to fly thru JFK Newyork. Left Nigeria via Abuja yesterday 22nd July arrived JFK today 23rd July.

As God will have it, I wasn't asked any questions by the border officers, the interaction is as follows:

Cbd: Let me have your passport
Me: hands him PP with the border form given in the plane

Cbd: is this your 1st time in the US?
Me: yes it is

Cbd: how long do you plan staying?
Me: about 12 weeks

Cbd: keeps typing and stamps passport says I should in print my right hand
Me: collects pp, checks the stamp and was stamped till Jan 2016, smiles and says thank you

That was all people. No secondary inspection, no nothing. Picks up luggage and zooms into town with my big belle in tow grin

Will be off to houston via southwest airline tomorrow. I can't help but thanking you all for your selfless service.

My advice to newbies here is to read the 1st thread of 401 pages thoroughly. Most if not all questions have been answered especially on page 356. Indeed knowledge is power. ONE LOVE

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by malihamlagos: 12:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Ennie83:
Hi all,
I will be in El Paso next month. I need advise on which hospital to use. Has anyone used Del Sol or Sierra Providence. Please i need to know which is better? Thank you.

Both hospitals are the same. When I was there two people wanted to switch from Del Sol to Sierra but I think this was due to accommodations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 2:00am On Jul 24, 2015
malihamlagos:

most of us on ground now i think are using del sol.

Both hospitals are the same. When I was there two people wanted to switch from Del Sol to Sierra but I think this was due to accommodations.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 24, 2015
Congrats Shrekandfiona! That was so seem less.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Pls who knows dollar to naira rate now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2015
Phema:
Congrats Shrekandfiona! That was so seem less.
yes dear it was. All thanks to God and you guys here. I remember sending you a pm when I started my journey but didn't see any need for private messages again when all the info were already dished out in the 1st thread.

I have print outs of you and tvegas' write ups. So informative smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2015
sayoberry:
Pls who knows dollar to naira rate now?

Heard BM is closer to 250 now, my friend told me 247 2days ago but, Stanbic has been giving me wings cheesy with 199.5... How Ejire?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lafi: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Lafi:
Hello everyone...

So I have been a silent reader for a while now..
Thank you all for this thread. Its beyond helpful.
I wish I could add my 50cents but i beg i no get any experience for this matta
I need HELP
I am planning on applying for my visa(Thnx to you guys I know know the type to apply for)

1)ds160 has an address section please what address can i put there? A hotel address?
2)From the thread I think I should I apply alone.. pls correct me if i can apply with my husband?
3)I wish there was a Ghanaian site like this but there isnt sad so I am hoping my naija people will help me. I am in Ghana with a naija passport. please if anyone has any knowledge on how this works in ghana, please let me know
4)Please can someone send me a sample birth plan
5)Please can someone send me what a sample budget to take to the interviewer... I have searched for the excel on here but failed.

Good morning

Thank you for the responses! @Onyin @Phema @Firsttymmum I am most grateful. the references were very helpful, I managed to trace Phema's post... btw I am new here so I am still learning how to even move around nairaland...
Meanwhile pls I am open to any more contributions re applying for the visa in Gh... Since I hold a Gh passport

Thank you once again! God Bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2015
Lafi:

Good morning

Thank you for the responses! @Onyin @Phema @Firsttymmum I am most grateful. the references were very helpful, I managed to trace Phema's post... btw I am new here so I am still learning how to even move around nairaland...
Meanwhile pls I am open to any more contributions re applying for the visa in Gh... Since I hold a Gh passport

Thank you once again! God Bless
There's really nothing different from your case and the Naija people applying from home except 1. You have to be in Gh legally eg resident/work/student permit etc and not on a visit and 2. You have to show ties to gh. Shikena.
All the other processes are same.Patiently Read thread.Fill and submit form. Gather your arsenal for interview. Go for interview-wow the VO. Pick up visa. Share transcript and POE transcript .
So the ball is now in your court. Get a pen and a large journal and start from part 1 of this thread

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2015
[quote

Congratulations to all the mummy's for successful POE.

Pls help from those who inform the embassy for change of intent.

In a situation whereby a family was issue a visa for vacation and the VO did not ask if the woman was pregnant as at the time of interview and their was no intention to give birth as at the time of interview so the woman did not mentioned it.

But now she wants to use the visa for vacation and birth with the family.

1. Can she still send to the embassy change of intent

2. How long does it take for them to response

3. What could be her chances as she was 3 months preg as at the time of interview.

Pls advice. Thks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Ghen ghen is this even possible... It's just crazy ... Maybe for their services or something
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Has anyone on this thread collected PTA in Portharcourt? If yes pls What branch pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 11:27am On Jul 24, 2015
firsttymum:
Ghen ghen is this even possible... It's just crazy ... Maybe for their services or something
It's so funny, if it's so true, why haven't anyone share the experience. As a JJC I can't even try it. Still learning sha!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 11:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Apple19:

It's so funny, if it's so true, why haven't anyone share the experience. As a JJC I can't even try it. Still learning sha!

Lol. It's not possible ooooo. I can souti oooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
firsttymum:

its to help you package your burden of proof

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
firsttymum:

I think the money is just to help you do research and advice you on what to do. Its for ppl that dont know about this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
dere5:

I think the money is just to help you do research and advice you on what to do. Its for ppl that dont know about this forum.
favoredgal:

its to help you package your burden of proof
queenestty:

Lol. It's not possible ooooo. I can souti oooooo
Apple19:

I'm sure the people or agent are constantly reading this thread with their jotters.... I can bet my left butt on it

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
That is the reason for the change of intent. You notify the embassy that the visa was obtained for vacation but u r now preggies and want to have ur baby in the USA. Look thru the thread, there r several formats, I even posted mine too.

All the best. queenestty

queenestty:
[quote

Congratulations to all the mummy's for successful POE.

Pls help from those who inform the embassy for change of intent.

In a situation whereby a family was issue a visa for vacation and the VO did not ask if the woman was pregnant as at the time of interview and their was no intention to give birth as at the time of interview so the woman did not mentioned it.

But now she wants to use the visa for vacation and birth with the family.

1. Can she still send to the embassy change of intent

2. How long does it take for them to response

3. What could be her chances as she was 3 months preg as at the time of interview.

Pls advice. Thks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
ewa2014:
That is the reason for the change of intent. You notify the embassy that the visa was obtained for vacation but u r now preggies and want to have ur baby in the USA. Look thru the thread, there r several formats, I even posted mine too.

All the best. queenestty

Thks ewa2014. Pls how long does it take for them to reply pls

This person was pregnant when she went for interview but was not asked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
queenestty:

Thks ewa2014. Pls how long does it take for them to reply pls

This person was pregnant when she went for interview but was not asked
About 3-4days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello pep.
Please with the new CBN law and the crazy exchanger rate, Will it be better to transfer straight into the hospital account from nigeria to make payment. Or get some one to bring the dollar for me that has domicillary account.

Please I need advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Beryl15:

About 3-4days.

Thks Beryl15.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yonkers:
Hello pep.
Please with the new CBN law and the crazy exchanger rate, Will it be better to transfer straight into the hospital account from nigeria to make payment. Or get some one to bring the dollar for me that has domicillary account.

Please I need advice.
I have one question though have u been reading this thread? Because if you have you wouldn't ask this question..

People do d pta thingy which is about 4k and some add with black market or transfer the remaining funds to an account where the atm can work abroad

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ChyG: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
firsttymum:
Has anyone on this thread collected PTA in Portharcourt? If yes pls What branch pls

I got from Fidelity Bank on Trans Amadi road. Close to Garrison junction. The Fidelity bank that's on the same road with Diamond bank and GTB. That was in May though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
ChyG:

I got from Fidelity Bank on Trans Amadi road. Close to Garrison junction. The Fidelity bank that's on the same road with Diamond bank and GTB. That was in May though

Ok thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
firsttymum:

I'm sure the people or agent are constantly reading this thread with their jotters.... I can bet my left butt on it

Has NL removed d dealdey page wt our posts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
@queenestty @beryl15 they actually sent a generic response the moment i sent the mail and sent a proper response to me the next day

queenestty:

Thks Beryl15.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by alsoory: 2:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Dear All,

I have given US visa as B1/B2 tourist visa.
I am planning to travel on mid of August 2015. my plan is to deliver my baby there.
can you please tell me which hospital is cheap and what shall i do in order to grant 6 month stay in USA.
my plan is to travel to Los Angeles.
i am flexible in any place in CA

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 2:53am On Jul 25, 2015
alsoory:
Dear All,

I have given US visa as B1/B2 tourist visa.
I am planning to travel on mid of August 2015. my plan is to deliver my baby there.
can you please tell me which hospital is cheap and what shall i do in order to grant 6 month stay in USA.
my plan is to travel to Los Angeles.
i am flexible in any place in CA

Thanks in advance.

oyibo biara abia... like my 5year old daughter would say 'english is in trouble'... lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.