Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893141 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 11:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
firsttymum:
Dear mamas

Any cheap hospital in obalende? undecided

Where do I get Naira to buy lipsrsealed

How do I get visa to Ghana .. I'm a Nigerian passport holder tongue

tongue lipsrsealed grin

Lolzzzz. U no go kill person. Oya answer my questions I beg.

Do I need to shw medical report at the POE?

The medical report I have now is been dated since June, do I need to get my doctor update it to date of travel or close?

Na 20k for the report. Updating it means me paying another dough.

I don search d whole part one and two. I no see answer.

thks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2015
queenestty:

The medical report I have now is been dated since June, do I need to get my doctor update it to date of travel or close?

thks

Depending on the POE, for me nothing was asked nor sighted only my passport.

You don't need your doctor to give another medical report instead get one from the airport. It's from their port health. I was referred there by my airline. Just go there with your most recent scan result, pay 1,000 naira and they'll give you a ministry of health medical report after checking your blood pressure.

I flew airfrance from abuja and that was all they asked for. The medical report from port health supercedes all others.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 12:25am On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:
Dear mamas

Any cheap hospital in obalende? undecided

Where do I get Naira to buy lipsrsealed

How do I get visa to Ghana .. I'm a Nigerian passport holder tongue

tongue lipsrsealed grin
Na pregnany hormones dey do you grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:32am On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

I know STANBIC doesn't ... Pls check and update us... As at Friday evening Diamond was still doing according to them ... U might have to check othe branches...

STANBIC do sell @ 208 at their Idejo VI Hq but I can only confirm that one branch, though someone posted in the biz forum that they sell in about 4 other branches but they are all in VI lagos..

@akindolz bought her pta from stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 1:39am On Jul 27, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Depending on the POE, for me nothing was asked nor sighted only my passport.

You don't need your doctor to give another medical report instead get one from the airport. It's from their port health. I was referred there by my airline. Just go there with your most recent scan result, pay 1,000 naira and they'll give you a ministry of health medical report after checking your blood pressure.

I flew airfrance from abuja and that was all they asked for. The medical report from port health supercedes all others.

Thanks very plenty. Does it mean all airline provide this service?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 3:48am On Jul 27, 2015
bumby1by:
Please i need information on California birth. If you have an information about any hospital or doctor in California, i would appreciate it.

Hello Bumby,

Like other people have said, California is big and you might want to narrow down your search. You can check my posts and see the rates of the hospital I'm using. I am currently in Bakersfield, California awaiting the arrival of my little one.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2015
queenestty:
thks
Na wa o... 20k ? Chai .... If it's for POE what u have is ok I guess ... But for airline fit to fly ... Someone suggested port health tingy which is a perfect idea ...
modath:
STANBIC do sell @ 208 at their Idejo VI Hq but I can only confirm that one branch, though someone posted in the biz forum that they sell in about 4 other branches but they are all in VI lagos..
@akindolz bought her pta from stanbic.
Oh really great then ... But 208 is not a smiling something... In Portharcourt then tell me NO
Beryl15:
Na pregnany hormones dey do you grin
As in en ... No mind me jor ... Lol grin wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 7:14am On Jul 27, 2015
Nasadiva:

Everything has been going on perfect until Friday when CBN suspended PTA/BTA!!

Seriously? Wetin CBN want self?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 7:42am On Jul 27, 2015
Toks07:

Seriously? Wetin CBN want self?
From what has been said I think it all depends on the bank and the branch. I have stanbic and access bank account and they said they are not issuing PTA for now. Fidelity was the saving grace although they said we need to operate the account for 3 month before we can get. My husband opened the account and applied a week later and we were given. Let's all pray for God's grace and favour as we embark on this journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2015
In the spirit of giving back to this forum.
I already had my visa when I came across this thread and I took time to read as much as I can, also asked some questions and was answered by wonderful people. Our vias was for vacation, so has gotten from this thread I wrote to upgrade my data and was replied ,which I printed out.
Flew with Qatar airline at 32 weeks with my husband and daughter after arranging all burden of proof.
Qatar airline has a fit to fly form on line which I filled with my doctor and also a letter written on the hospital letter that am fit to fly. At MMA I gave them the form when asked for fit to fly and the man refused it and insisted that he need the letter headed of the hospital, thank God I have the other letter with me. He then asked me to go to the Port health where my bump was examined and blood pressure was done and was issued a certificate of fit to fly at 28weeks because my bump measured 28cm.
Flying Qatar to houston is a very long journey o. From MMA to doha is 7 hours, from doha to houston is 15 hours with 9 hour stopover, they were to give us accommodation but they said it was full and we had to stay in their business class lounge.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 27, 2015
shrekandfiona:

yes dear it was. All thanks to God and you guys here. I remember sending you a pm when I started my journey but didn't see any need for private messages again when all the info were already dished out in the 1st thread.

I have print outs of you and tvegas' write ups. So informative smiley

Really? You took the "read the thread" advice to another level. grin

Congrats again.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Yeah! 200 pages already! Congrats all. (going back to sleep mode). grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2015
[size=14pt]@Toks07[/size]

Comman complete the gist na before my popcorn will finish ....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:
[size=14pt]@Toks07[/size]

Comman complete the gist na before my popcorn will finish ....

@firsttymum Honestly, you're just something else. Lol.. I felt that way too but too tired to type. Madam please don't be leaving the gist halfway naw... lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hopefulme: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2015
That is how @lala4sure made me finish my popcorn and moved to eating groundnut.@lala4sure hope you are good?
Now Toks07........... cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bims87(f): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2015
mosky47:
Oh yeah, he was. A very nice and caring doctor. Takes his patients personal and makes them feel very important.

I know,right. Did u rent accommodation? how much was it? I stayed with family at Mgm so m asking that cos of my friend that's also tilting towards dre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2015
Toks07:
In the spirit of giving back to this forum.
I already had my visa when I came across this thread and I took time to read as much as I can, also asked some questions and was answered by wonderful people. Our vias was for vacation, so has gotten from this thread I wrote to upgrade my data and was replied ,which I printed out.
Flew with Qatar airline at 32 weeks with my husband and daughter after arranging all burden of proof.
Qatar airline has a fit to fly form on line which I filled with my doctor and also a letter written on the hospital letter that am fit to fly. At MMA I gave them the form when asked for fit to fly and the man refused it and insisted that he need the letter headed of the hospital, thank God I have the other letter with me. He then asked me to go to the Port health where my bump was examined and blood pressure was done and was issued a certificate of fit to fly at 28weeks because my bump measured 28cm.
Flying Qatar to houston is a very long journey o. From MMA to doha is 7 hours, from doha to houston is 15 hours with 9 hour stopover, they were to give us accommodation but they said it was full and we had to stay in their business class lounge.

Congra........ waiting mood activated for the rest gist.

So na bump measurement dem dey give u ur weeks, chaiiii, my own na oversize oooo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2015
bbaby84:

@firsttymum Honestly, you're just something else. Lol.. I felt that way too but too tired to type. Madam please don't be leaving the gist halfway naw... lol

Abi na wetin person go do.... Was waiting for the continuation as e no gree come I gats talk o .... Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2015
hopefulme:
That is how @lala4sure made me finish my popcorn and moved to eating groundnut.@lala4sure hope you are good?
Now Toks07........... cry

As in en.... Isnor fair .... Abi America don dey freeze keyboard ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nonso213(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello house
Abeg I need guide line or steps to get baby's documents. like how long it gonna take and do they take any Notary Public done anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2015
nonso213:
Hello house
Abeg I need guide line or steps to get baby's documents. like how long it gonna take and do they take any Notary Public done anywhere in Nigeria.

Hian ... Ur other name should be questionnaire ....
Ur wife is in LA
Poe u didn't gist us
Visa interview u didn't gist us
Hospital used plus bills u didn't gist us..

give and it shall b given unto u... Na wetin bible talk... Give info to get info.. Mr Nonso

29 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

Ur wife is in LA
Poe u didn't gist us

give and it shall b given unto u... Na wetin bible talk... Give info to get info.. Mr Nonso

Madam, do you work with DSS.. hw do u manage to keep track of everyone?

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

Madam, do you work with DSS.. hw do u manage to keep track of everyone?

Keep track ke? At all... Just click on d persons name and you'll see all the posts..
And if someone's name rings a bell, click on d name to remember the info the person dropped ... I learned it from Tvegas or so when he was able to detect an agent on d thread...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by USATrucks: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
nonso213:
Hello house

Kindly go through the thread, your questions have been answered before

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lahips: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
dyout:
I don't want to believe this. I spoke with my account officer on Friday when I went to open stanbic account. He never mentioned anything like that to me.

I am equally surprised cause first bank said they would load the money on a card for me and not give me the usual cash, now I had to open an account with Diamond bank all for this transaction, in fact let me call my account officer, I no fit shout.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

Ur wife is in LA
Poe u didn't gist us

Chaiii this woman, how did u know all this. Lol. No need for people with questions to read thru the thread again now. Just ask firstymum ur questions and u will get the answer.

The woman na search engine, she has all the pages in part 1 and 2 on her head. Lol.

I just dey hail ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

Ur wife is in LA
Poe u didn't gist us

I support you 100%. He will only come here to ask question and disappear. Maybe he cooks bitter leaf soup with all the Info he is suppose to share with us.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
lahips:

I am equally surprised cause first bank said they would load the money on a card for me and not give me the usual cash, now I had to open an account with Diamond bank all for this transaction, in fact let me call my account officer, I no fit shout.

Please let me know the outcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:
Keep track ke? At all... Just click on d persons name and you'll see all the posts..
And if someone's name rings a bell, click on d name to remember the info the person dropped ... I learned it from Tvegas or so when he was able to detect an agent on d thread...
You must be feeling like sherlock holmes.....the crime buster. Anyway its bad when people wanna keep taking from here without dropping shishi. Just passing by. grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
queenestty:

Chaiii this woman, how did u know all this. Lol. No need for people with questions to read thru the thread again now. Just ask firstymum ur questions and u will get the answer.

The woman na search engine, she has all the pages in part 1 and 2 on her head. Lol.

I just dey hail ooo.

U need to see my jotter... U go think say na lecture note.... Pages, reference, who said it... Etc

I dey hail u too

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.