Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894063 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Detty16:
I am due early Nov, intend going thru JFK. I am caught between renewing my visa cos it expires Nov 20th. So i really havent made up my mind on whether to renew or just use the existing visa. Could u please advise?
Your visa is invalid for entry into the USA a day after it expires so even if you arrive at any US border on the expiry date you will be admitted into the US. If you dont feel like renewing the Visa you can still travel with it.

The letter of intent is in order if you didnt get the visa for childbirth.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
@Tvegas: Much appreciated!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
M
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
ozycy:
another gangster move. Houston POE here I come wink. How did they manage to allow you fly at 37weeks plus or they didn't notice that in your fit to fly? I want to fly at 36 weeks if possible 37 wink did dey send you to port health?

I showed them my fit to fly cert that was given to me by my dr when I was 34weeks and remember airfrance does not have time restrictions on when to fly, however they recommend to flew maximum at 36weeks. I wasn't sent anywhere for check at the airport and remember I wasn't showing so I guess that confused them. I used compression socks during the paris-houston route (although I haven't experienced swollen feet) and had excess fluid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
olokings:
please ladiez! ladiez!!...

dont let "risks" become the new "norm".
these fit-to-fly policies are'nt made on lighter note.
37 weeks is cutting it too close...
plus, the fact that someone played a gangster move on POE and made it out with a straight face doesnt make it fool proof...lets try and do the right thing at the right time.
best regards in all y'all missionary journeys.

True my dear, I wouldn't advice anyone to travel that late, although I didn't encounter any stress at all as my pregnancy has so far been uneventful but I still would advice travel before 37weeks. Like I said in my post please this people are fully knowledgeable of Nairaland and the immigration guy told me personally about that. Stop posting your travel details prior to your travel ohh before them go jejely wait for your special arrival grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello fam. Pls help me o. I need PTA urgently. Who knows of any bank that's selling at the moment? Went to diamond today and was disappointed cry if i had known i would have bought since last week. Am travelling on friday and i don't have any dollar on me. sad Black market is not an option right now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bukolet: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omotweezy:

Hi dear, please which hospital did you use in NJ , I am using Hackensack Mountainside hospital

Please what's the total cost for vaginal delivery at hackensack
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
coefoe:
Hello fam. Pls help me o. I need PTA urgently. Who knows of any bank that's selling at the moment? Went to diamond today and was disappointed cry if i had known i would have bought since last week. Am travelling on friday and i don't have any dollar on me. sad Black market is not an option right now

Why are you lamenting over $4000 PTA... If you are in Lagos and have account with Fidelity Bank, you can visit their Adeyemo Alakija or Kofo Abayomi branch (Location is VI).

Alternatively, you can try another Diamond bank branch on the Island.

#Lobatan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
lala4sure:

I showed them my fit to fly cert that was given to me by my dr when I was 34weeks and remember airfrance does not have time restrictions on when to fly, however they recommend to flew maximum at 36weeks. I wasn't sent anywhere for check at the airport and remember I wasn't showing so I guess that confused them. I used compression socks during the paris-houston route (although I haven't experienced swollen feet) and had excess fluid.
alright, thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
back2dmatter:

Why are you lamenting over $4000 PTA... If you are in Lagos and have account with Fidelity Bank, you can visit their Adeyemo Alakija or Kofo Abayomi branch (Location is VI).

Alternatively, you can try another Diamond bank branch on the Island.

#Lobatan
When i got to diamond bank today, i was told they no longer sell PTA(cbn directive). Can i open an account wit fidelity and get pta the next day? This is so heartrending. Didn't know i will find myself in this situation. The other banks i have account with don't even do PTA at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
coefoe:
When i got to diamond bank today, i was told they no longer sell PTA(cbn directive). Can i open an account wit fidelity and get pta the next day? This is so heartrending. Didn't know i will find myself in this situation. The other banks i have account with don't even do PTA at all.
If the directive is from CBN, no bank will sell.
The plan is to add more value to the naira...hope that works mbok. I miss the days of 160 per dollar. Sorry o!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

If the directive is from CBN, no bank will sell.
The plan is to add more value to the naira...hope that works mbok. I miss the days of 160 per dollar. Sorry o!

Azzzin eh! Just sept last year o! cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
nefertitiram:

Louisiana

Nef, pls I tried to send u pm. I need info from u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Deyonsesi: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
bukolet:

Thanks damonas, I will search for it. God bless. Am using Dr ayoade akere. Which hospital are using.

Is it d same Dr Akere dat pple hav talked abt on dis thread? Hope you did ur research well sha......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nasadiva:

Nef, pls I tried to send u pm. I need info from u.

Hi dear as per louisiana, the guy was selfish with the gist. I knw his wife had a baby there for about $5k in total, doc n hosp inclusive. After which he locked up, am just saving our friendship for my next missionary journey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
coefoe:

If you're in Lagos I heard Wema bank Marina is selling and they may not sell after tomorrow because of the CBN directive. Hurry up o.

Bankers in the house enlighten us about this CBN directive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dsaynt: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
coefoe:

Fidelity Bank is selling though I think it's for account holders but still try sha. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hi dear as per louisiana, the guy was selfish with the gist. I knw his wife had a baby there for about $5k in total, doc n hosp inclusive. After which he locked up, am just saving our friendship for my next missionary journey

Will be in Louisiana for 3 weeks b4 going down to Houston for birth and back again. Would have been nice if I could get something affordable to avoid this Israelite journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omotweezy: 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
bukolet:

Please what's the total cost for vaginal delivery at hackensack

I have quotes from two doctors

Dr Fares - 6550 vd including epidural
Dr Charles - 7500 vd with epidural

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2015
bisilola:

@bbaby,pls what is your New Jersey birth story,I am heading there in a few days.

I used Newark beth isreal . I had a Ceasearan and paid 7800 (excluding doc fees)because they had mistakenly coded me for VD but hey who's complaining. Cs was 9800.
NB: this was 4 years ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LME2614: 12:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello NL, and thanks to everyone that took time to helped with information.
Please for mothers having their babies in Maryland and those that already have, please I will appreciate personal experience and information about these hospitals or any Maryland hospital not listed here

- Shady Grove Medical
- mercy medical centre ( dr Jules chapman)
- sinia hospital
- adolescent hospital (dr Samuel R. Williams)

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 12:56am On Jul 29, 2015
bachangel:

@shawlar @helovesme...so after much pondering, I finally decided to have my baby is the US. One of the winning arguments....I dont see why my child, coming into this world, completely innocent and not responsible for the 'sins' of previous Nigerians, should have his/her potential halved just by our very limiting green passport.... As parents to be, I hope we are making the right decision. Will see how it goes.

Decided on New York, settled on a hospital and a Doc, first appointment date set...due end of November...just trying to decide when to stop work. Planned end of Oct initially, but due to very annoying bosses, huge workload and impossible sales target i am just not ready to deal with, thinking of leaving end of Sept since I can take 6 months mat leave (4 fully paid and 2 half paid)

All the best with your decisions!

Bachangel, chai, I like this your office ooo - 4 months fully paid and 2 half paid?! Diarriz God ooo!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 12:57am On Jul 29, 2015
lala4sure:
Part two (secondary inspection) please bear with my long story of life but I have been getting emails To post my Houston POE experience so I had to make out this time to do it. So read below

They threatened I will be sent back and right there I saw pregnant women been sent back (although their stories sef tire me too so I no blame the immigration) and all efforts to explain myself was just abortive. I started praying ohh until the last guy came and called my name so I went into his office with him and God just used him to set me free. He went through all my docs and he saw the email I sent to London/Abuja consulate informing them about my change of plans (I got my visa in london) and the response from both sides. He said his problem now is that I have no money but I insisted I have more than enough that he should check my cards with ATM. He asked if he can see my budget sheet (God bless Phema because I copied her pattern) and also access my account online, I said sure so I switched on my phone and logged into my GTB internet banking and he saw the money and started calculating based on my budget sheet and God knows what exchange rate he was using. After that he was convinced and didn't bother to check my other cards (even when I reminded him) and he explained to me to get my receipts for every payment just incase I am asked next time. He stamped me in till next year and I thank God. Other pregnant women where there but we didn't talk ohh, na so I run for my dear life.
Note: Houston Poe isn't advisable if your situation is not straight and note that they are aware of Nairaland because the immigration man told me about it.
Good luck to everyone. Na baby arrival we dey wait ni grin

Hmm, lala4sure, thank God for your success at the POE. This your story ehn na gangster! shocked cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Raineybaby: 2:56am On Jul 29, 2015
I used this hospital. I picked my doctor and paid $1,500. One thing to note is that they charge $2,300 per day. So if you are going to spend more than a day the cost may go higher than the $4,500 quoted by your friend.

Then hopefully you child wouldn't need the NICU cos my baby spent 5 days in the NICU and the bill I got is enough to sponsor the child from creche to post graduate. In fact the bill still gives me high blood pressure.

Something else to consider is that Ohio doesn't have a passport agency where you can get the US passport fast like other states. They just have passport acceptance facilities where expedited takes between 2-3 weeks. So if you are pressed for time you may have to travel to another state to get the passport out on time.

There are several University Hospitals. I used the one at Parma.

The doctor was great but I am not really a fan of the hospital though.

shimk:

for all of u dat have gathered ur 3800 abeg no vex its 4500 o. sorry for wrong info.

jus spoke to my friend she said doct 1500 hosp 3000

hosp name is university hospital ohio and d hosp gives d doct.

d bad tin is she went tru an agent who organised evrytin so I would suggest we Google the hospital on line cus if u go tru d agent be sure to arrange agency fee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 3:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Raineybaby:
I used this hospital. I picked my doctor and paid $1,500. One thing to note is that they charge $2,300 per day. So if you are going to spend more than a day the cost may go higher than the $4,500 quoted by your friend.

Then hopefully you child wouldn't need the NICU cos my baby spent 5 days in the NICU and the bill I got is enough to sponsor the child from creche to post graduate. In fact the bill still gives me high blood pressure.

Something else to consider is that Ohio doesn't have a passport agency where you can get the US passport fast like other states. They just have passport acceptance facilities where expedited takes between 2-3 weeks. So if you are pressed for time you may have to travel to another state to get the passport out on time.

There are several University Hospitals. I used the one at Parma.

The doctor was great but I am not really a fan of the hospital though.

abeg o any hospital dat dosnt hv
straight forward billing is not advisable. you cant predict wat will happen and hw many days u might hv to stay so pls people confirm well before heading to ohio.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:42am On Jul 29, 2015
And that ends the quest for Ohio grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2015
firsttymum:
And that ends the quest for Ohio grin grin grin cheesy

Lmao. For real.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2015
I totally agree with Shimk regarding Maryland. Want to finish my missionary journey here before I give a detailed long post about my experience here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2015
meehn i hail sha...
we sabi port well well.. naim mk telecomms number roaming no work for naija.. because we read port in "per minute basis" grin cheesy

funny enough.. the difference in all these their quotes aside from the x-factor bill is quite little per states...
buh then again.. there is accommodation wolfer... lol

Shawbabe:

Lmao. For real.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:30am On Jul 29, 2015
olokings:
meehn i hail sha...
we sabi port well well.. naim mk telecomms number roaming no work for naija.. because we read port in "per minute basis" grin cheesy

funny enough.. the difference in all these their quotes aside from the x-factor bill is quite little per states...
buh then again.. there is accommodation wolfer... lol

And straight forwards bills too... That's very important ..., if hospital charge is this let it remain this not after delivery it starts being bla bla bla...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Teemotun: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello pple.
I have two questions pls.

1. My hospital and doctors quotation is from a doc in Texas.but I ll be staying with my aunt for sometime in Boston before I sort out my accommodation in Texas.is it okay to present this facts at the embassy or I have to change my accommodation to Texas before the interview?

2. Pls does anyone have a doctor and hospital contact in Boston as this is my second option.My aunt is a bit elderly and cannot really source for a doctor for me.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by peaceful22: 11:23am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello NL

Ecobank has resumed giving PTA at N199.50 per a dollar, just make sure u hv existing account and has bn active for 6months. It takes 2days to be approved after ur ticket and passport has bn summited. I gave them my documents yesterday waiting for them to call for my cash. Will let you know if i am given.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.