Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

FORBIDDEN DREAMS (an Old Poem Of Mine Inspired By Yanni) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FORBIDDEN DREAMS (an Old Poem Of Mine Inspired By Yanni) (755 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / The Forbidden Land...(a.k.a The Treasure) / Fulfilled Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FORBIDDEN DREAMS (an Old Poem Of Mine Inspired By Yanni) by Chiman922(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2015
I just want to use this my old poem to officially welcome myself to nairaland activity after long months on the audience seat

A renegade heart
a sudden farewell
painful nostalgia
for all seasons

Forgotten, the promise
to take
to hold
vows made in whispers

swept away
secret vows
written on time's winds
on the flights of fantasy

Under the twilight
moments without time
only a memory
reflections of passion

Enchantment
at first sight
the first touch
within attraction

Chasing shadows
standing in motion
a lonely heart
without deliverance

Optimystique
word-bound
so he was
until the last moment

Time to let go
of all the memories

Forbidden dreams
Forgotten yesterdays

1 Like

Re: FORBIDDEN DREAMS (an Old Poem Of Mine Inspired By Yanni) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Time to let go
of all the memories
that haunt and darken
today's goals
with yesterday's gall.

I opened my hands
Desperate to release
life's cruel fate
Into the cloudy skies

Yet, it held tight
wishing us an eternal pair
I don't have all day
I must push you out
when I can still make hay

1 Like

Re: FORBIDDEN DREAMS (an Old Poem Of Mine Inspired By Yanni) by Chiman922(m): 7:22am On Mar 05, 2015
divinepen:
Time to let go
of all the memories
that haunt and darken
today's goals
with yesterday's gall.

I opened my hands
Desperate to release
life's cruel fate
Into the cloudy skies

Yet, it held tight
wishing us an eternal pair
I don't have all day
I must push you out
when I can still make hay

You're good. How you creatively spawned a new story from that line. Thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna: A Reason To Keep Believing! / I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out / Say A Prayer And A Birthday Wish For Me Fams,Friends And Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.