Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. (15949 Views)

Dino Vs Remi Tinubu From Another Perspective / Buhari Witchunting Saraki And Protecting Tinubu From Arrest #halt CCB Now# / Barcanista; From Hero To Zero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
Alphaoscar:
@ Obiagelli, This issue is multi dimensional and part of the problem rest with Tinubu himself while the Opposition are also trying to politicize some of his flaws for political gains.

We can't rule the possibility of him ever cutting some shady deals for himself but it is very glaring that the oppositions are trying everything possible to get the face of Tinubu out of the political terrain because they the man is a massive threat to their aspiration and like Buhari the best way to get him out is to sponsor all manners of real and unreal propaganda against him.

Tinubu as a man never hide his interest in TVC, The Nation, First Nation Airline and some couple of businesses which is not too much to achieve if you are a very smart businessman with a name. Take the Issue of Alpha Beta as an example, the arrangement between the company and the LASG( even though the company is still carrying out its businesses in some PDP controlled states without anybody raising eyebrows and you begin to wonder what makes Lagos states case different) is a legal and acceptable practice in the Business world but because the company is owned by Tinubu (a frontline politician) people are always expected to raise eyesbrow even should the company be discharging its services free of charge to the LASG.

Another angle is that people believed he's stayed too long as the leading opposition figure and people as usual are getting bored and they will be expecting to taste another variety even if he's done nothing wrong , people are tend to be jealous, desire another new face calling the shot, badbelleism, Pull him down syndrome etc.

The last is the man himself. Is practice of been at the forefront all the time, putting mostly his trusted allies in every political position available including his family members are some of the problems associated with the brand Tinubu.

It should be noted however that his positive contribution to the Nigerian project far far outweigh his flaws and we should just imagine an opposition elements without the never say die spirit, political sagacity and tactical input of a Tinubu against the evil called PDP.

NB: Typo errors are regretted cos I typed all this on the motion and no time to edit.

Very well written. Really enjoyed reading this.

For you, it's propaganda and a bit greed.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

This is an undisputed fact. Its a full knockout to whatever anyone thinks or say.
The core reason why this is so is because virtually all the allegations against him are baseless.
For almost a decade now, Tewonde George , Obanikoro and Ogunlewe has been working so hard to nail him but no show.
Well said. I was hoping to get a take from PassingShot and gbawe. You have done justice to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
IVORY2009:

paid agent as usual, defend wat he is saying, and not attacking him with insults!

Lackey, am sure ur hypocritical eyes didnt see that the fool was the first to call me name and not the other way round. I only returned it to him
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by CaptainAmerica1: 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Tinubu has no eelctoral value anymore.You will see what will happen during the next elections.

If he has no electoral value, then why the documentary to taint his reputation?

Na wa for your reasoning oh

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by OLADD: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Clients
Lagos State Government
Kwara State Government
Nassarawa State Government
Akwa Ibom State Government
Abia State Government
Imo State Government
Kano State Government
Ondo State Government
Sokoto State Government
Abuja Environmental Protection Board
Enugu State Waste Management Authority
Enugu State Ministry of Environment and Mineral
Resources
Ekiti State Government
Lagos Water Corporation
Airtel (Formally Zain)
The Republic of Ghana
www.alpha-beta.net/clients.htm

I don't know much about the veracity of your claim but I am very particular about Lagos which is my immediate constituency. It's absolute fraud for the statutory tax collection function of Lagos State Inland Revenue Service and the associated income to be divested into the hand of a former governor in the name of revenue mobilisation. How can a whopping sum of N2.5b be taken up by Tinubu on montly basis? Why is Lagos state still keeping LIRS since they have now been made redundant?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by IVORY2009(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

Lackey, am sure ur hypocritical eyes didnt see that the fool was the first to call me name and not the other way round. I only returned it to him

No! He has since stopped, discuss with him, no name calling, dat is why dis is a forum.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
When I look at Tinubu, all I have for him is pity. A man whose Dentition looks like rusted pieces of metals. He cant possibly feed well. He looks frail and doesnt even dress with any known brand. Yet he keeps hurtling for more loots. I just believe its a level of madness.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by IVORY2009(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
opiaoku:

Thunder scatter your mama head there

Hopless bastard son of a rabid dog

discuss with him, how does this relate to his mother?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Absolutely true, that is why i said Tinubu's case is a combination of greed and propaganda.

I would like Billyonaire and MizMyColi's take on this if they don't mind

Seriously, its more of Propaganda than greed. Every human has the tendency to acquire more and more and more. If its done in the right way and not true fraudulent means, who am i to say such is greedy. No doubt, his political clout has made him av an edge over his contemporaries, its a worldwide phenomenon in any capitalist nation.
Go to Abuja and see the old clark making waves just because his son Jonah-daft is in power.
Come to Bayelsa and see Osei Clever, Jonah-daft cousin making wave in the city just because his brother is in power.
Come to PH and see shepopo extending her stupity simply because her husband is president.
Above all, most of the proceeds Tinubu seems to be acquiring are used to fight our collective enemy which is the killer party. That is pricey. Honestly, i have no other reason to like him than this.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
IVORY2009:

No! He has since stopped, discuss with him, no name calling, dat is why dis is a forum.

His kind dont change. that has always been his name by default.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
opiaoku:

Product of dog's sperm
Thunder fire your mama and papa there

Hopless nonentity
Son of a rabid dog And a harlot mother
Otu nne i

deemdeem:

Produce of a rotten kunt, why dont u just face topic.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:
Alpha Beta is owned by Tinubu via his proxies. No one is asking you to believe, its public knowledge. Alpha Beta started collecting revenues at 15% when Tinubu was Governor of Lagos State. When Fashola took over, he contested the continuous use of Alpha Beta, then Tinubu bribed the entire State House to alienate themselves from Fashola. When Fashola realize he was losing governorship to threat of impeachment, he joined the gang, and negotiated for 10% for Alpha Beta and that's what's remitted now. What baffles us is the fraud within Alpha Beta - Government House. During Tinubu's era, they hide books and state that they collect just about 20 billion annually, then how come today the revenue stands at hundreds of billions ? Wholesale theft by the man who supervises corruption.

I live in Lekki, and I know their assets. But it is not my business. I am not a native Lagosian and there lies the problem. Most people here are not native Lagosians, the communities are very poor and powerless. For some of them community leaders, if you buy them a Range Rover, they will give you hectars of land in exchange. So Fashola and Tinubu have no resistance. All they do is just allocate lands and gazzette them to themselves. Most of the plots are not even gazetted, its like manna from heaven for Tinubu and Fashola. Does anyone know why Fashola isnt bothered about going to Senate or any other political posts ? The assets are just too much, he needs time to manage them and hide them properly. Money from senate is nothing compared to the Lekki Dynasty that these mouth smelling poor health maniacs control.

I am jealous of their corrupt enrichment. I work for mine, but they dont work for theirs, and guess what ? It is outside Federal Jurisiction, so Lagosians have to fight for their souls. Some other political party can salvage Lagos from Tinubu, but he is a trillionaire, he can bribe the devil himself.

You are doing great justice on this thread for the anti Tinubu side, i agree Tinubu owns alpha-beta and it is fraudulent to award tax collection to his own company but do you have a problem with the arrangements with alpha-beta? It's a case of pure outsourcing and many more States have adopted this method irrespective of the party and some of them even use alpha-beta.
Like i said earlier a lot of politicians around the world use proxy or direct business to get government contracts

About the land things, i would like to ask if the same thing isn't happening in Abuja and in GRAs around Nigeria.

Though my biase is obvious, i am trying to be as neutral as possible.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by IVORY2009(m): 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

Seriously, its more of Propaganda than greed. Every human has the tendency to acquire more and more and more. If its done in the right way and not true fraudulent means, who am i to say such is greedy. No doubt, his political clout has made him av an edge over his contemporaries, its a worldwide phenomenon in any capitalist nation.
Go to Abuja and see the old clark making waves just because his son Jonah-daft is in power.
Come to Bayelsa and see Osei Clever, Jonah-daft cousin making wave in the city just because his brother is in power.
Come to PH and see shepopo extending her stupity simply because her husband is president.
[b]Above all, most of the proceeds Tinubu seems to be acquiring are used to fight our collective enemy which is the killer party.
That is pricey. Honestly, i have no other reason to like him than this.[/b]

It means u are even agreeing that Tinubu collected monies illegally? And his using it to fight back, is that wat you saying?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Rad1cal: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Na you sabi. I am laying and asking others to lay facts. This thread is to assist neutrals form opinion.

Abeg waka go far with your propaganda
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
IVORY2009:

It means u are even agreeing that Tinubu collected monies illegally? And his using it to fight back, is that wat you saying?

Where in the post u qouted did u read what u stated? Do u have comprehension issues?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
OLADD:

I don't know much about the veracity of your claim but I am very particular about Lagos which is my immediate constituency. It's absolute fraud for the statutory tax collection function of Lagos State Inland Revenue Service and the associated income to be divested into the hand of a former governor in the name of revenue mobilisation. How can a whopping sum of N2.5b be taken up by Tinubu on montly basis? Why is Lagos state still keeping LIRS since they have now been made redundant?
You ain't substantiating anything, i ask again is alpha-beta also stealing taxes from other states?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by IVORY2009(m): 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

Where in the post u qouted did u read what u stated? Do u have comprehension issues?

kindly check your last post.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
IVORY2009:

kindly check your last post.

Highlight where u got what u stated from the post for all to see.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

Above all, most of the proceeds Tinubu seems to be acquiring are used to fight our collective enemy which is the killer party. That is pricey. Honestly, i have no other reason to like him than this.

The case of gej's farm comes to mind and i have seen several pictures of houses belonging to his wife, not to talk of the fight with turai.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rad1cal:

Abeg waka go far with your propaganda
Waka from my thread?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by MizMyColi(f): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Absolutely true, that is why i said Tinubu's case is a combination of greed and propaganda.

I would like Billyonaire and MizMyColi's take on this if they don't mind

Exaccerly!!!!
None - of - them - are - saints!

But where people like me have issues is when a party's national leader, who is supposed to be an epitome of humility and forthrightness (in the eyes of the public at least) blatantly lays siege to a state, not just some state.....but Lagos state.

This is a party whom most Nigerians are expectant will turn things around for the common man.
Who will deliver us from "PDPianism".

And now, this?

Even if it is propaganda, it wouldn't bear so much brunt on the opposition and indeed everyone who comes across the documentary, if there weren't elements of truth here and there.

No need making excuses for him or joining issues with the typical "he's not the only one doing it syndrome..."
Let us call this man out for what he is.
Lagosians want to be emancipated.
I live in Lagos, spoken with a few who earn a living as market men and women.....
It is just too evident.
The harassments by touts, who thrive daily and multiply by the numbers, whose sole mission is to plunder the common man.

With all the reform(alities) going on in Lagos, hasn't anyone seen that?
Why the blind eye, in a supposed Mega-City?

People say, Fashola did this, Fashola did that.
I am of the opinion that Fashola would have done so much more, if he weren't clipped to some extent.

I watched a video where an LGA chairman, while allegedly carrying out his dirty sorcery was asking his deities to enable him obtain favour in the eyes of Baba Tinubu.
What Fvckery.......How farther could the control and manipulations go.

GEJ might be worse for all we know.
He might be the high priest of Nigerian Voodoo and Corruption, but he has sold Nigerians the image of someone who is humble, smiles a lot, acts clueless sometimes.....etc.
Unlike his counterpart who gives the impression he is untouchable (well he is actually, to a large extent).

His roots have gone so deep in Lagos, it might take another 30 years to uproot completely.

Simply put, his enormous greed fueled their propaganda and with all this BS about him in public (which he hasn't refuted professionally), I daresay that Tinubu makes the PDP look like a lesser Devil and these chants of Change and anti-corruption by the APC seem more like a sham/hogwash.

The APC national campaign team have done a great job so far, let's see how they ameliorate the damage this must be doing to their fine campaign strategies so far.
This isn't just about Lagos.
This is a National issue now.
He is APC's National leader.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are doing great justice on this thread for the anti Tinubu side, i agree Tinubu owns alpha-beta and it is fraudulent to award tax collection to his own company but do you have a problem with the arrangements with alpha-beta? It's a case of pure outsourcing and many more States have adopted this method irrespective of the party and some of them even use alpha-beta.
Like i said earlier a lot of politicians around the world use proxy or direct business to get government contracts

About the land things, i would like to ask if the same thing isn't happening in Abuja and in GRAs around Nigeria.

Though my biase is obvious, i am trying to be as neutral as possible.

Yes, your bias is obvious, its good you admitted that. My amplification of the Tinubu Corruption is not to in any way sway your stance. I am not interested in that. But I am making my assertions here as matter of public records on archives of time and history.

Alpha Beta is in business today as a legitimate company, in some states. Yes, that's true, but that doesnt absolved her from the fraud she was used to and is still being used to perpetrate in Lagos, my State.

Before you issue contract to any company, there is supposed to be a bid process. There was no advert of bids, there was no bid process, there was no due process. Tinubu just registered a company and as a sitting governor mandated his company to go into corporate and individual IGR collection and pocketed 100% of the funds and tells Lagosians whatever amount he felt like. It is a simple analogy.

Tinubu and his boy, Fashola just registered LCC, erected toll-gates at Lekki Peninsula and charge astronomical Toll Fees on a narrow stretch of roads. The roads in Akwa Ibom are 100% better than the roads in Lekki, yet the roads are not tolled.

Tinubu, should explain where he got funds to build Radisson Blu, Oriental Hotel, TVC, Nations Airline, Lakwe Lake Resort, etc come from.

One more thing, I do not care. I just want Tinubu to at least learn to brush his teeth. They smell.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Rad1cal: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Waka from my thread?

Come chase me out.

Nansense
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

You ain't substantiating anything, i ask again is alpha-beta also stealing taxes from other states?

About Alpha Beta, am not aware they were collecting taxes from Lagos when Tinubu was Governor. They only started when he left has Governor. Even if he is the owner (100%) is there any law that says a former governor company cant offer services to the state?
In terms of competence, no one can fault their competence. They are the brains behind the huge IGR Lagos is receiving today. Even IFR officials do go and understudy some of their operations.
They are part of the brain behind the huge amount going into Lagos purse. Before then, when it was in the hands of civil servants, all was in shambles.
one of my companies offer service and my income in that area boils down to what i can bring in.
Alpa beta contract sounds to be such also to me. Bring more Tax payment and ur pay will be more, Bring lese tax payment and ur pay will be less. WHy wont Alpha Beta do all what it can to make sure Tax payment is high?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

The case of gej's farm comes to mind and i have seen several pictures of houses belonging to his wife, not to talk of the fight with turai.

SaTANists will hear and see this and keep a blind eye to it but u will see the same set of eediots shouting TINUBU, TINUBU, TINUBU, TINUBU. Rubbish.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by OLADD: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Gosh! Did AIT accuse Tinubu of stealing from states other than Lagos?
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by GeneralBosco: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

So glory be to God, AllahuAkbar.

Abeg wey the deliverance team, someone is in urgent need for a serious session here.

[/s]
Fool, this thread is for intelligent political neutrals as was stated earlier. Please help everybody and stop filling this thread with your paid-per-post pictures.

Even after reading the OP, you still think obiagelli is joining PDP?? PDP wuna no just get sense no offence.
Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by GeneralBosco: 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
deemdeem:

Produce of a rotten kunt, why dont u just face topic.
Opiaoku can't face any topic. The fool doesn't know what's being deliberated about.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. by PassingShot(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Well said. I was hoping to get a take from PassingShot and gbawe. You have done justice to this thread.

Tinubu has never been a politician of high integrity standards but he has the exemptional ability to withstand the most brutal and brazen onslaught from his enemy's camp. He's political sagacity has helped us as nation to be in a somewhat good position we now are politically. I mean without Tinubu, Nigeria would have possibly become a one-party state.

Without attempting to justify his corrupt temdencies, almost all political leaders of our time from Adedibu to Obasanjo, from IBB to Atiku, from AbdulSalami to Edwin Clark and from Anenih to Goodluck Jonathan heve seen it as acceptable to enrich themselves using the state's wealth. Therefore, if a documentary of these men is made and aired, what was witnessed in Tunisis and Egypt may be experienced here too.

Without Tinubu, the level of development seen in the South West through the ACN/APC would not have been there. These achievements were not recorded when PDP governed the SW states. Without the wealth and astuteness of Tinubu, more prodigal politicians woiuld have done worse than we have witnessed in Nigeria.

So, talking about where he got it wrong, I'd say it is in their blood and whatever corrupt practices he might have engaged in (remember he was cleared of all cases of corruption when tried by ICPC) must have been for preparing himself for what and who he is today. A Tinubu without the wealth and influence he has today would not have given us any hope of Change as represented by Buhari/Osinbajo.

Buhari the upright and incorruptible General ran for presidency in 2003, 2007 and 2011 without a Tinubu or Atiku or Amaechi and we all know how those journeys ended. It is unfortunate that for this country to be rescued from the dare davils who are currently in charge, all Tinubus are needed to achieve the task.

In summary, given what Nigeria is and who we are, Tinubu as bad as he appears, is a blessing to us one way or the other.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov. Ambode Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Imo Airport To Resume Full Cargo Status / #ImoRerun: Okorocha Thanks People Of Okigwe Zone, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.