Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! (17884 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2015
Papist:

So you will not acknowledge that your reference to the upside down cross was made out of ignorance?

Aside from the upside down cross, why are you running away from commenting on the making, praying, worshiping and bowing down before the images of Mary made by man like you and which God detests so much?
Talk about that!
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by An2elect2(f): 9:24am On Mar 07, 2015
vest:
seriouly my dear sista calling u a big fooooooooool is an understatement. Check am na! Pls note: no insult intended
am no dear sister of yours, idol worshipper.

Repent for you have no place in the Kingdom of God.

Repent idol worshippers, the Kingdom of God is at hand.

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2015
Papist:

Show me sola scriptura in the Bible first?

Did I mention sola scriptura here on Nairaland? That is your way or method to dodge the answer.

Well, note this very carefully that traditions and doctrines are NOT the problems but the UNBIBLICAL traditions and doctrines that are found mostly in the Roman Catholic Church and many other churches are really the PROBLEMS.

Any doctrine that is made by a church which is against what the gospel of Christ Jesus stands for should be openly criticized and discarded in order to avoid many being deceived.

Church doctrines, which could be different, are expected to be made from the scriptures with the ultimate intention of propagating the gospel and the love of Jesus ALONE ALONE and ALONE but not that of Mary or any saint in Heaven - 2Timothy 3:16-17.

However unto those who bring in strange, false, deceptive doctrines or any teaching or tradition (whether or not it is a long standing doctrine practised by millions, even billions) that is against the wholesome words of our Jesus Christ into the church, His body, the Bible refers to them, in 1Timothy6:3-5, as being PROUD, IGNORANT, etc.

CHANGE YOUR WAYS BUT IT IS NOT BY FORCE OOO
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2015
Papist:

In other words God used to allow people to commit the sin of idolatry? That's what you are saying right?

Why don't you slaughter ram or lamb again for the remission of your sins?

Your sincere answer to my question will surely answer yours.

WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING, na Bible talk am ooo!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 07, 2015
italo:

So Catholics who compiled the Bible are teaching falsehood...

Protestants who broke away from them are teaching falsehood...

Joshua and all the Israelites who bowed before images were teaching falsehood...

Moses who carved a bronze serpent was teaching falsehood...

Maybe God who told him to carve it was also teaching falsehood.

The only person in the history of the world who teaches the truth is adeniyitheprof.

Prof that knows more than God and his Church.

God related with the children of Israel based on representations of What is to come. the Ark, the bronze and every other thing which you see in the OT are representations of What is to come. in Christ all things were fulfilled no wonder the writer of Hebrews explained that Gift had spoken to us through his son heb 1:1ff . the only physical representations that Christ left for us are the Eucharist and baptism.
I and others may not have all it takes to convince you but one thing I would like you to do is to go back to the Scriptures and pray that your eyes may be opened as you study for buy studying you will find the truth

shalom

2 Likes

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
chiobysyk:

God related with the children of Israel based on representations of What is to come. the Ark, the bronze and every other thing which you see in the OT are representations of What is to come. in Christ all things were fulfilled no wonder the writer of Hebrews explained that Gift had spoken to us through his son heb 1:1ff . the only physical representations that Christ left for us are the Eucharist and baptism.
I and others may not have all it takes to convince you but one thing I would like you to do is to go back to the Scriptures and pray that your eyes may be opened as you study for buy studying you will find the truth

shalom

Sir, God bless you for this!
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

Sir, God bless you for this!

you are blessed too. as we are encouraged to speak the truth one to another that is What we will continue to do cos it is only the truth that can set free

shalom

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by 9jaforlife: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:
[size=16] Protestants and Catholics u should read the bible more often and be free from the bondage of men [/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's no longer Muslims, now it's Protestants an Catholics!! Congratulations, your madness is gaining exponential increase!!
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ifeann(f): 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's no longer Muslims, now it's Protestants an Catholics!! Congratulations, your madness is gaining exponential increase!!

Unlike u I am unbiased and not a religious bigot. .. .but I really detest Islam..ewwwww ur quran is filthy. .I know because Unlike u who read it with ur esoteric islamic imam guided lenses(that is if u read it at all) I read the passages with objectivity. .
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by widowhusband: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
Both are sin -the pastors deceit and mary images. Just read your bible and obey and acknowledge Jesus as your saviour.The main problem is pple who cannot read ,who will tell them just what is written in the bible?

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
widowhusband:
Both are sin -the pastors deceit and mary images. Just read your bible and obey and acknowledge Jesus as your saviour.The main problem is pple who cannot read ,who will tell them just what is written in the bible?

God bless you sir.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

Why don't you slaughter ram or lamb again for the remission of your sins?

Your sincere answer to my question will surely answer yours.

WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING, na Bible talk am ooo!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!
Can you just answer the question please and stop being immature? Did God encourage idolatry in the Old Covenant or not?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
An2elect2:

am no dear sister of yours, idol worshipper.

Repent for you have no place in the Kingdom of God.

Repent idol worshippers, the Kingdom of God is at hand.
The gospel message is one of love and brotherhood. Jesus even asks you to love even your enemies. Let me tell you one thing-without love you have no place in Christ's Kingdom. Ubi caritas, Deus ibi est.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

Aside from the upside down cross, why are you running away from commenting on the making, praying, worshiping and bowing down before the images of Mary made by man like you and which God detests so much?
Talk about that!
Are you not following your own thread? You have been shown several passages of the ancient Israelites making and bowing before images without incurring God's wrath. It might also interest you to know that your heresy(iconoclasm) was adopted from Islam.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
Papist:

Can you just answer the question please and stop being immature? Did God encourage idolatry in the Old Covenant or not?

The answer is CAPITAL NO. Trace God's anger as per idol worshiping to the command from Him unto Gideon, King Josiah (who was the last King to please Lord God), and many others in the Bible.

Remember the King Jeroboam, whom God put on the throne but later blackslided from the God of Israel by making, praying to and worshiping an image made by men and it is on record in the Bible that His reign is the worst ever.

When Pst. Chris Okotie (though not his church member) said something in newspaper about Catholics going to Hell, most of you almost crucified him and telling him not to judge. Statistically, Catholics are billions in number and BROAD IS THE WAY THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.

MY FINAL SUBMISSION TO YOU ON THIS THREAD:
Read the following very carefully:

If anyone who bows down before the images of Mary and praying to her, as a queen of heaven and he/she does not repent from this abominable or blasphemous act before death, whether or not you believe it, no amount of R.I.P. written or prayers and praises offered to the person here on earth after his/her death will save him/her from the greatest danger, greatest agony, greatest torments.
This is because our God is really a JEALOUS GOD who detests very seriously the graven images worshipping.

I am not judging anyone here but revealing the hard biblical truth which I will stand to give account of on the day of judgement as Bible says so.

Seeing people saying that Mary is a FEMALE GOD surely entails that there is a great and a serious problem concerning the roots of the church and that is why the non-Christians are finding it hard to accept Jesus Christ.

I need no other plea or god, for it is enough for me that my Jesus has died and resurrected. HALLELUJAH!!!

BRACE YOURSELF FOR ANOTHER LONG STANDING FALSE TEACHING, TRADITION OR DOCTRINE IN RCC NEXT WEEK MONDAY BY THE GRACE OF GOD. The list of heresies in RCC is too massive and rooted and it is only God that can deliver.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by An2elect2(f): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Papist:

The gospel message is one of love and brotherhood. Jesus even asks you to love even your enemies. Let me tell you one thing-without love you have no place in Christ's Kingdom. Ubi caritas, Deus ibi est.

"But the wisdom that is from above first is pure , then peaceable, gentle, yielding, full of mercy and good fruits, unquestioning, unfeigned"

James 3:17.

Repent idol worshipper(s) for you have no place in the Kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2015
italo:

What about the images of the Ark and the bronze serpent...are they idols?

FACTS ABOUT THE SERPENT: Numbers 19:8,9 "And the Lord said to Moses, Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole and every one who is bitten when HE SEES it shall live, So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole and if a serpent bit any man HE WOULD LOOK AT the bronze serpent and live"

2 Kings 18:1,4 "....Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.....He removed the high places and broke the pillars and cut down Asherah and he broke in pieces the BRONZE SERPENT that Moses had made for until those days the people of Isreal had burned incense on it; it was called NEHUSHTAN"

1) God asked Moses to make it, for a specific purpose- not related to WORSHIP.

2) Men LOOKED at it not bow to it.

3) When the Isrealites burn incense to it, it became NEHUSHTAN (copper serpent idol) hence idolatory which good King Hezekiah removed from Isreal.

FACTS ABOUT THE ARK

1) God ASKED Moses to make it- for a specific purpose.

2) Men don't bow down to the Image of Cherubs but to the Cloud in the middle of the two Cherubs/What the entire Ark represents.

DID GOD ASK ANYONE TO MAKE AN IMAGE OF MARY OR JESUS WHOM THEY DID NOT SEE OR BOW DOWN/PRAY TO THEM?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2015
An2elect2:

"But the wisdom that is from above first is pure , then peaceable, gentle, yielding, full of mercy and good fruits, unquestioning, unfeigned"

James 3:17.

Repent idol worshipper(s) for you have no place in the Kingdom of God.
How about you follow your own advice?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

The answer is CAPITAL NO. Trace God's anger as per idol worshiping to the command from Him unto Gideon, King Josiah (who was the last King to please Lord God), and many others in the Bible.

Remember the King Jeroboam, whom God put on the throne but later blackslided from the God of Israel by making, praying to and worshiping an image made by men and it is on record in the Bible that His reign is the worst ever.

When Pst. Chris Okotie (though not his church member) said something in newspaper about Catholics going to Hell, most of you almost crucified him and telling him not to judge. Statistically, Catholics are billions in number and BROAD IS THE WAY THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.

If anyone who bows down before the images of Mary and praying to her, as a queen of heaven and he/she does not repent from this abominable or blasphemous act before death, whether or not you believe it, no amount of R.I.P. written or prayers and praises offered to the person here on earth after his/her death will save him/her from the greatest danger, greatest agony, greatest torments.
This is because our God is really a JEALOUS GOD who detests very seriously the graven images worshipping.

I am not judging anyone here but revealing the hard biblical truth which I will stand to give account of on the day of judgement as Bible says so.

Seeing people saying that Mary is a FEMALE GOD surely entails that there is a great and a serious problem concerning the roots of the church and that is why the non-Christians are finding it hard to accept Jesus Christ.

I need no other plea or god, for it is enough for me that my Jesus has died and resurrected. HALLELUJAH!!!

BRACE YOURSELF FOR ANOTHER LONG STANDING FALSE TEACHING, TRADITION OR DOCTRINE IN RCC NEXT WEEK MONDAY BY THE GRACE OF GOD. The list of heresies in RCC is too massive and rooted and it is only God that can deliver.
Ok so in your religion idol worship and the use of sacred images in worship is the same? Clearly you are arguing with the God of the Bible who actually gave instructions for images to be made of the seraphim and cherubim. He also gave instructions for statues to be carved in the Jewish temple. As to your threat about opening another thread on monday...i welcome you to do so. You might learn something you didn't know. The way you learnt that Joshua bowed down before the Ark.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by 9jaforlife: 4:44am On Mar 09, 2015
Ifeann:

Unlike u I am unbiased and not a religious bigot. .. .but I really detest Islam..ewwwww ur quran is filthy. .I know because Unlike u who read it with ur esoteric islamic imam guided lenses(that is if u read it at all) I read the passages with objectivity. .

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, the word bigot would be useless without you! You justify EVERY single act of inhumanity in the bible- rape, murder and all forms of disgraceful atrocity, yet you come here to criticize Muslims on even the most trivial issues like not wearing long ties. Do you even know the meaning of bigot at all Mtcheew!!

2 Likes

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make
them, on the two ends of the mercy seat.
Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one
to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20).

David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan" (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the biblical author tells us was "by
the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all," included statues of angels.
Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved) images in the idealized temple he was shown in a vision, for he writes, "On the walls round about in the inner room and [on] the nave were carved likenesses of cherubim."

The Religious Uses of Images

During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8– 9).

One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s
mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the
instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children.

Catholics also use statues to
commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three- dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.
If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then by using these "graven" images, they would be practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going on in these situations. God forbids the worship of images as gods, but
he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs,
paintings, and all similar things would be banned. But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images. It is when people begin to adore a statue as
a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink, the righteous king
Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4).

What About Bowing?

Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9, where God said concerning idols, "You shall not bow down to them." Since many
Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints, anti- Catholics confuse the legitimate veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry.
Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. In Japan, people show respect by bowing in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may
kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who
kneels with a Bible in his hands whenpraying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

so your God uses double standards right? He taught isreal and even the early christian that there is a right way to use images but now teaches the new age protestants that there is no right way of using images?

Instead i say, the word of God stand for ever, there has always been a right way to use religious images, and God taught to the jews and this was continued continued by the early christian.

So what you are teaching is an heresy, the bible says in the latter days false prophets and heresy will arise, you are holding a later day heresy.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:

so your God uses double standards right? He taught isreal and even the early christian that there is a right way to use images but now teaches the new age protestants that there is no right way of using images?

Instead i say, the word of God stand for ever, there has always been a right way to use religious images, and God taught to the jews and this was continued continued by the early christian.

So what you are teaching is an heresy, the bible says in the latter days false prophets and heresy will arise, you are holding a later day heresy.

MY FINAL REPLY TO YOU SIR:
It seems my undiluted delivery of God's messages via the Bible references really pained and still pains you.
However, no apologies for that because they are not my words but God's who dwells in Heaven

The God of the Bible whom I serve diligently does not use double standards. You really need a Bible Teaching Class. It really shows to me again and again via your replies the effects of Catholic Church not holding sunday schools or a Indepth Bible Teaching Class or does not preach the indepth details of the scripture.

Please, do not use EARLY CHRISTIANS again as you used it above but rather replace it with the Early Catholic Members.

I asked a lady a question. Are you a Christian? To my utter amazement, she replied: "I am not a Christian but a Catholic". Catholics are not Christians because they often exalt and praise Mary very far above Jesus whom the Bible describes as the only Saviour. This abomination will be exposed later by the grace of God.

Let me give you some ASSIGNMENT which will really help you:

Make sure you study your Bible very carefully with the help of the Holy Spirit (but not with the help of Mary whom the Catholics do describe as the SPOUSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....Hahahahaha! Wonders shall never never end ooo).

However, if you have not confessed your sins personally to God (but not to a priest - anti-Bible doctrine practised by the Catholics), not accepted Jesus Christ of the Bible into your life, not been baptized by immersion (but not by sprinkling of water which is against the Bible teachings on WATER BAPTISM and which the Catholics have been practising for a long time period), then you need to do all these before you will encounter the amazing power of the Holy Spirit just like the way Mary (God's servant) herself sought and received this Holy Ghost in Act 1 and 2.

Now the assignment:

(1) Why was God grieved in his heart (Gen6:6) despite the fact that He saw everything He made was VERY GOOD in Gen1:31? Your understanding of this question will help in Question 2

(2) Why did God decide to destroy all his creatures (Gen6:7) except for Noah and his household (Gen6:cool?

(3) Do you know what the ARK OF GOPHER WOOD made by Noah represents in the New Testament? (I have painstakingly delivered here the message of the New Testament's representation of BRONZE SERPENT AND ARK OF COVENANT)

(4) Do you know why we have Two Testaments - The Old and the New Ones? Why not one?

(5) Do you know why the New Testament is called a BETTER TESTAMENT OR COVENANT in Hebrews 7:22, 8:6?

(6) Do you why we have Hebrews 8:7? Let me quote it for you here: "For if that FIRST covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the SECOND" (Remember that Jesus, but not ram, is the Mediator of the Better Covenant)

Whether or not you choose to answer the above questions, this will be my reply to you on this topic. This is because I have to attend, offline and online, to the available and willing souls (but not the hardened souls like that of Pharaoh and His Host) so as not to waste time as time itself is running very fast and the devil is lurking around looking for whom to devour.

GOOD NIGHT SIR AND GOD BLESS YOU!!! AMEN
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

It seems my undiluted delivery of God's messages via the Bible references really pained and still pains you.
However, no apologies for that because they are not my words but God's who dwells in Heaven

The God of the Bible whom I serve diligently does not use double standards. You really need a Bible Teaching Class. It really shows to me again and again via your replies the effects of Catholic Church not holding sunday schools or a Indepth Bible Teaching Class or does not preach the indepth details of the scripture.

Please, do not use EARLY CHRISTIANS again as you used it above but rather replace it with the Early Catholic Members.

I asked a lady a question. Are you a Christian? To my utter amazement, she replied: "I am not a Christian but a Catholic". Catholics are not Christians because they often exalt and praise Mary very far above Jesus whom the Bible describes as the only Saviour. This abomination will be exposed later by the grace of God.

Make sure you study your Bible very carefully with the help of the Holy Spirit (but not with the help of Mary whom the Catholics do describe as the SPOUSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....Hahahahaha! Wonders shall never never end ooo).

However, if you have not confessed your sins personally to God (but not to a priest - anti-Bible doctrine practised by the Catholics), not accepted Jesus Christ of the Bible into your life, not been baptized by immersion (but not by sprinkling of water which is against the Bible teachings on WATER BAPTISM and which the Catholics have been practising for a long time period), then you need to do all these before you will encounter the amazing power of the Holy Spirit just like the way Mary (God's servant) herself sought and received this Holy Ghost in Act 1 and 2.

Now the assignment:

(1) Why was God grieved in his heart (Gen6:6) despite the fact that He saw everything He made was VERY GOOD in Gen1:31? Your understanding of this question will help in Question 2

(2) Why did God decide to destroy all his creatures (Gen6:7) except for Noah and his household (Gen6:cool?

(3) Do you know what the ARK OF GOPHER WOOD made by Noah represents in the New Testament? (I have painstakingly delivered here the message of the New Testament's representation of BRONZE SERPENT AND ARK OF COVENANT)

(4) Do you know why we have Two Testaments - The Old and the New Ones? Why not one?

(5) Do you know why the New Testament is called a BETTER TESTAMENT OR COVENANT in Hebrews 7:22, 8:6?

(6) Do you why we have Hebrews 8:7? Let me quote it for you here: "For if that FIRST covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the SECOND" (Remember that Jesus, but not ram, is the Mediator of the Better Covenant)

Whether or not you choose to answer the above questions, this will be my reply to you on this topic. This is because I have to attend, offline and online, to the available and willing souls (but not the hardened souls like that of Pharaoh and His Host) so as not to waste time as time itself is running very fast and the devil is lurking around looking for whom to devour.

Why are you so obtuse? Are Protestant theologoies and beliefs infallible? You have been shown from the Bible where God has instructed the use of images in worship. Yet you would rather pretend those verses don't exist. Are you sure you obey God in His whole entirety or you only acknowledge Him where He agrees with you? Which is largely what most of Protestantism is actually all about if we are to be honest. I am also waiting for that expose you promised for Catholicism on this past monday.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

Now the assignment:

you simply dodged the points i raised, the fact that scriptures show a right way to use images.

I think you are scared of the truth and you prefer to falsely accuse the catholic church of all sort of things.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
ACCORDING TO BIBLE: "CATHOLIC MARY" IS A PAGAN GODDESS (A DEVIL)

https://www.nairaland.com/2186600/according-bible-catholic-mary-pagan
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
It is hard to understand what this Jehovah wants.

He says no one should bow to images, yet, he allowed the Israelites to bow to a bronze snake.

He frowns at murder, yet, he is himself an unrepentant mass murderer.

He punished angels for sleeping with the daughters of men, yet, he too ended up straffing Mary (a human child)

He hates covetousness, yet, he eyed Mary who was already betrothed to another man, had sex with her and even got her pregnant.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sarcastically, if Catholic Mary is the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, then St.Anne (true or untrue name given by the RCC to the mother of Mary) should be the GRAND MOTHER OF GOD......hahahahaha......WONDERS SHALL NEVER END...... JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW THE HOLY BIBLE REFUTES THIS ABOMINABLE CLAIM from the Catholics. A topic or thread will be created for that later.

Yes! Jesus claimed to be God in the Bible...

Yes! Mary is the mother of Jesus...

Yes! Mary never claimed for once to be the mother of GOD because she understood very well the discrepancy between the Human nature and the Divine nature of Jesus...HYPOSTATIC UNION whom the Catholics are claiming to be their own doctrine but still they do not understand it fully.
The Bible says an idol claims to have eye but can't see, claims to have nose but can't smell, claims to have legs but can't walk....SMH for such idol!!!

Yes! God has no mother but Jesus has and He (Jesus) still claimed to be the eternal GOD in the BIBLE.

Nowhere in the BIBLE Mary is referred to as mother of GOD but the 250 Catholic Bishops convened, in June and July AD 431, a meeting under the command of a Roman Emperor (a Council of Ephesus) like a family meeting or a House of Senate Meeting, voted and confirmed the title of Mary as the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD and the QUEEN OF HEAVEN and they started sharing God's glory while they were on earth.
Yeah! A bishop strongly objected to this blasphemy even till when He died.

This particular bishop who opposed such title gave his teaching from the Bible that Mary should be called the "Christotokos", BIRTH GIVER OF CHRIST but not the "Theotokos", BIRTH GIVER OF GOD.
However, other bishops strongly condemned His teaching in a heated atmosphere of confrontation and recrimination and created severe tensions between Cyril and Theodosius II, the Roman Emperor and the Convener of the meeting.

Many are called but few are truly chosen.

JUST WAIT TO SEE WHEN ALL THESE WILL BE EXPOSED GLARINGLY just like 1+1 is not 2 but 1 and 1+1+1 is not 3 but still 1 according to the Biblical teachings
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
adeniyitheprof:
Sarcastically, if Catholic Mary is the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, then St.Anne (true or untrue name given by the RCC to the mother of Mary) should be the GRAND MOTHER OF GOD......hahahahaha......WONDERS SHALL NEVER END...... JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW THE HOLY BIBLE REFUTES THIS ABOMINABLE CLAIM from the Catholics. A topic or thread will be created for that later.

Yes! Mary never claimed for once to be the mother of GOD because she understood very well the discrepancy between the Human nature and the Divine nature of Jesus...HYPOSTATIC UNION whom the Catholics are claiming to be their own doctrine but still they do not understand it fully.
The Bible says an idol claims to have eye but can't see, claims to have nose but can't smell, claims to have legs but can't walk....SMH for such idol!!!

Yes! God has no mother but Jesus has and He (Jesus) still claimed to be the eternal GOD in the BIBLE.

Nowhere in the BIBLE Mary is referred to as mother of GOD but the 250 Catholic Bishops convened, in June and July AD 431, a meeting under the command of a Roman Emperor (a Council of Ephesus) like a family meeting or a House of Senate Meeting, voted and confirmed the title of Mary as the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD and the QUEEN OF HEAVEN and they started sharing God's glory while they were on earth.

This particular bishop who opposed such title gave his teaching from the Bible that Mary should be called the "Christotokos", BIRTH GIVER OF CHRIST but not the "Theotokos", BIRTH GIVER OF GOD.
However, other bishops strongly condemned His teaching in a heated atmosphere of confrontation and recrimination and created severe tensions between Cyril and Theodosius II, the Roman Emperor and the Convener of the meeting.

JUST WAIT TO SEE WHEN ALL THESE WILL BE EXPOSED GLARINGLY just like 1+1 is not 2 but 1 and 1+1+1 is not 3 but still 1 according to the Biblical teachings
And? What has all this to do with the use of images?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 6:35am On Mar 12, 2015
Papist:

And? What has all this to do with the use of images?

ACCORDING TO THE HOLY BIBLE, MARY IS NOT THE MOTHER OF GOD BUT MOTHER OF JESUS.

DON'T EXALT A MERE CREATURE THAN HER CREATOR OR DON'T PRAY TO A CREATURE AND LEAVE HER CREATOR.

CATHOLICS DO BOAST THAT THEY OWN "HYPOSTATIC UNION"- The Human and the Divine Natures of Jesus BUT STILL THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND ITS SIGNIFICANCE AND ITS APPLICATION. It is very CLEAR!!!

"WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING"
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Syncan(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

Had it been the logs in your eyes were off, even from your post, you would have seen the truth. 250 Catholic bishops you said, as if another authentic christian group was in existence. Out of 250 bishops of the true christian church, among whom were some who were part of the scripture canonization, gathered in God's name, as they gathered in Acts 15 to declare scriptural circumcision unnecessary for salvation, one bishop was against their decision according to you. They declared him anathema as supported by scripture. The church continued to preach and propagate the gospel under the leadership of these bishops and the Holy spirit was with the them. Then in these era, you now decide to follow this one bishop who ceased to be part of this church from that time. Oga I greet you o.

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Syncan(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2015
Ubenedictus:

People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make
them, on the two ends of the mercy seat.
Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one
to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20).

David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan" (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the biblical author tells us was "by
the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all," included statues of angels.
Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved) images in the idealized temple he was shown in a vision, for he writes, "On the walls round about in the inner room and [on] the nave were carved likenesses of cherubim."

The Religious Uses of Images

During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8– 9).

One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s
mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the
instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children.

Catholics also use statues to
commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three- dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.
If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then by using these "graven" images, they would be practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going on in these situations. God forbids the worship of images as gods, but
he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs,
paintings, and all similar things would be banned. But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images. It is when people begin to adore a statue as
a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink, the righteous king
Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4).

What About Bowing?

Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9, where God said concerning idols, "You shall not bow down to them." Since many
Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints, anti- Catholics confuse the legitimate veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry.
Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. In Japan, people show respect by bowing in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may
kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who
kneels with a Bible in his hands when praying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.

Thanks for this. It's all that need to be said, let the truth set them free. Accusers of the brethren comes to mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? / Do Miracles Still Exist?, Do Angels Still Assist Humans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.