Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! (17880 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 10:42am On Mar 12, 2015
BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

ACCORDING TO BIBLE: "CATHOLIC MARY" IS A PAGAN GODDESS (A DEVIL)

https://www.nairaland.com/2186600/according-bible-catholic-mary-pagan

CAN YOU IMAGINE CATHOLICS CALLING THEIR OWN MARY "THE SPOUSE OFTHE HOLY SPIRIT"

Herbalists' practices and Catholics' practices......NO DIFFERENCE!....Details Later

Purgatory which is one of the greatest lies and a scripturally baseless doctrine of all time from that ancient serpent, the Lucifer himself will be Biblically and rigorously refuted and rebuked in totality later here on NAIRALAND.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Syncan(m): 11:06am On Mar 12, 2015
adeniyitheprof:
BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

ACCORDING TO BIBLE: "CATHOLIC MARY" IS A PAGAN GODDESS (A DEVIL)

https://www.nairaland.com/2186600/according-bible-catholic-mary-pagan

CAN YOU IMAGINE CATHOLICS CALLING THEIR OWN MARY "THE SPOUSE OFTHE HOLY SPIRIT"

Herbalists' practices and Catholics' practices......NO DIFFERENCE!....Details Later

Purgatory which is one of the greatest lies and a scripturally baseless doctrine of all time from that ancient serpent, the Lucifer himself will be Biblically and rigorously refuted and rebuked in totality later here on NAIRALAND.

Read and learn. Stop being Ignorant with pride.

...We also have to take into consideration that when Mary was told by the archangel Gabriel "Behold, you shall conceive in your womb, and bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus" (Lk 1:31), he also added that this was to come about because "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the Holy one to be born shall be called the Son of God" (Lk 1:35). By stating it in those terms the archangel declared to Mary that God would enter into a marital relationship with her, causing her to conceive His Son in her womb, For "to lay one's power <(reshuth)> over a woman" <(Targum to Dt> 21:4) was a euphemism for "to have a marital relationship with her." Likewise "to overshadow" (Lk 1:35) by spreading the "wing" or "cloak" over a woman was another euphemism for marital relations. Thus, the rabbis commented <(Midrash Genesis Rabbah> 39.7; 3.9) that Ruth was chaste in her wording when she asked Boaz to have marital relations with her by saying to him "I am Ruth you handmaid, spread therefore your cloak ( literally, "wing": over your handmaid for you are my next-of-kin" (Ruth 3:9). , another Aramaic-Hebrew word for cloak, is derived from = shadow. Thus, "to spread one's cloak <(tallith)> over a woman" means to cohabit with her <(Kiddushin> 18b, see also . Did not the Lord say to His bride Israel: "I am married to you" (Jr 3:14) and "your Maker is your husband"? (Is 54-5:5; Jr 31:32)? And what is more intimate than what the Lord said to His bride: "You developed, you grew, you came to full womanhood; your breasts became firm and your hair grew... you were naked... and I saw that you were now old enough for love so I spread my cloak over you... I gave you My oath, I entered into a covenant with you and you became Mine, says the Lord God" (Ezk 16:7, 8 ).

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/TALMUD.htm

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by RikoduoSennin(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ubenedictus:

People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make
them, on the two ends of the mercy seat.
Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one
to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20).

Yes the Lord commanded! Did he command the RCC to make those Images/Statues having likeness of humans?

Ubenedictus:

David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan" (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the biblical author tells us was[b] "by
the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all," included statues of angels[/b].
Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved) images in the idealized temple he was shown in a vision, for he writes, "On the walls round about in the inner room and [on] the nave were carved likenesses of cherubim."

The Religious Uses of Images

During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8– 9).

One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s
mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the
instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children.

Catholics also use statues to
commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three- dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.
If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then by using these "graven" images, they would be practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse Catholics.
But there’s no idolatry going on in these situations. God forbids the worship of images as gods, but
he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs,
paintings, and all similar things would be banned.

But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images. It is when people begin to adore a statue as
a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink, the righteous king
Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4).

See bold Sections:
Are you saying that the bronze Serpent was a "religious Image" and was use in a "Ritual" yet God approved it? Read 2 Kings 18:4 again slowly.

Ubenedictus:

What About Bowing?

Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9, where God said concerning idols, "You shall not bow down to them." Since many
Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints,
anti- Catholics confuse the legitimate veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry.
Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. In Japan, people show respect by bowing in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may
kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who
kneels with a Bible in his hands when praying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.

@bold section 1: Who commanded RCC to kneel or bow to Statues of Jesus and Saints? How can we be sure that those statues are Jesus and Saints since no one saw Jesus or Mary when these statues were made? You can call those statues Jesus or Mary- I can call it another thing just like the Isrealite did with the bronze serpent. Note: People did not bow down to the decorative statues in Solomon's temple.

@bold section 2: Legitimate Veneration? Who made it legitimate- God or man/RCC bishops? Sacred statues? Who made these statues "Sacred"- God or Man/RCC bishops?

Venerate/ great respect for a statue says it all, no matter what the Statue is called. Exodus 32:5 "Aaron said tomorrow shall be a feast to the LORD" even though they use a golden calf to represent him, the result is that they committed adultery.

When people bow down to people it means RESPECT but when it is done to a statue, it means worship no matter how you sugar coat it- how is different from Pagan/traditional worshippers? Because the statue is called Mary, Jesus or Saints? It is still not enough excuse!

Burning of incense and prayers are part of worship, so the next time you do those in front of a statue- it is idolatory. Plus where these statues are kept are called SHRINE/ALTAR.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
The Catholics are the Pharisees of our tiime. Catholism is a religion on it own, and has since separated from Christianity in practice.

However, no religion nor Mary saves but only JESUS CHRIST of the Bible saves.

Anyone that tells you that Mary has the power to forgive you your sins or hear your prayers is under the spell of deception from the devil.

Any religon that preaches and praises Mary more than Jesus Christ is false and devilish.

FLEE FROM SUCH RELIGION like it is said in 2 John 1:10; for such religion is cursed even if it is brought up by an angel from Heaven like it is written in Gal 1:8

ONLY JESUS CHRIST (NOT MARY AT ALL) SAVES...ANYTHING OUTSIDE THIS IS A DECEPTION FROM THE DEVIL and must be publicly rebuked and debased so as to avoid many being deceived.

CHECK OUT THIS:

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ROSARY PRAYERS

https://www.nairaland.com/2192367/what-does-bible-say-rosary
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Geolalisa(f): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
@adeniyiprof

If you channel your effort in salvation and winning souls for GOD, you will appease HIM most than Judging. Please let HIM be the judge. Peace!!!!

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
Geolalisa:
@adeniyiprof

If you channel your effort in salvation and winning souls for GOD, you will appease HIM most than Judging. Please let HIM be the judge. Peace!!!!

This is one of the major problems with many of the so-called Christians in the Christianity.

So to you brother, to rebuke or denounce with the application of Bible teachings the false prophets and their false teachings and doctrines which tend to drive away the majority in this perverse generation from the narrow path of RIGHTEOUSENESS, HOLINESS AND TRUTH in these last dark days and especially when many keep dying spiritually and physically HAS NOW TURNED TO BEING A JUDGEMENT. Wow!!!

Don't you know my brother, that rebuking or denouncing the false teachings and doctrines publicly or while giving sermons is one of the fundamental parts of the gospel of Christ Jesus, upheld by Christ Himself through out His teachings, and upheld rigorously by His apostles and His disciples mentioned and the ones not mentioned in the Holy Bible even till their respective deaths.

Yeah!!! My brother, had it been you have read or try to put yourself into the patterns of death of all the apostles and disciples recorded or not in the Bible and you have the genuine Christ's love for all sinners (including you and I) but you hate and keep distancing from their sins, you will really know how I am feeling about these numerous scripturally groundless doctrines that have been allowed to creep into many churches unaware of their leaders.

Will these true fathers of our Christian faith who were martyred (for speaking the truth and denouncing lies) see these abominable acts being committed day in, day out even on the altars of churches and be happy, not to talk of God Himself? No!

YEAH! REMOVE NOT THE ANCIENT LANDMARKS OF THY FATHERS

Now behold the church, you will see the world. Behold the world and its worldliness, you will certainly see the church. Is this how we will fold our arms and have "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE"? but the church is fast derailing from the track, many are living dead in the spirit realm and still the devil is lurking around restlessly and sleeplessly; looking for whom to devour.

Yeah! Where are the Zechariahs of this present time that will rise audaciously to rebuke false teachings even in the faces of the false teachings preachers?
Where are the Johns the Baptist of old that could have such level of courage and Spirit to rebuke the King's actions?

Unlike my verbal expressions, my written words cannot express or show my complete feelings of this massive list of false teachings in many or numerous churches.

They are the cankerworms, the caterpillars, the palmerworms and the locusts and if an especial care is not taken, they will eat up the church which I know with perfect aplomb that it is not going to be possible by God's grace.

There are other areas of my day-to-day activities, online (not on Nairaland) and offline, that are devoted to preaching or delivering the undiluted or deception-free messages of the Bible and inspired alone by the Holy Spirit. All glory to God alone for this great opportunity ; for if I am not alive, that will not stop His work and will not dethrone Him...Kamari!!!

However here on Nairaland, this period has been separated to rebuking in totality the false doctrines that have rooted many churches but unknown to many. In this period of rebuking the false teachings whether liked or not OR shared or not OR viewed or not, surely the primary message is still going back to the gospel of Christ Jesus.

Let me take you to the epistle of Paul to Titus Chapter 1:

Verse 9: Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and TO CONVINCE THE GAINSAYERS.

Verse 10: For there are MANY UNRULY and VAIN TALKERS and DECEIVERS, specially they of the CIRCUMCISION:

Verse 11: Whose MOUTHS BE STOPPED, who subvert whole houses, TEACHING THINGS WHICH THEY OUGHT NOT, for filthy lucre's sake.

Verse 12: One of themselves, even a PROPHET OF THEIR OWN, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

Verse 13: This witness is true. WHEREFORE REBUKE THEM SHARPLY, THAT THEY MAY BE SOUND IN THE FAITH:

All these false doctrines being sharply rebuked here on Nairaland and on other social media are not intended to cause any denominational conflict but so THAT THEY MAY BE SOUND IN THE FAITH with the help of the Holy Spirit alone.

Thus, to rebuke false teachings in this end time is NEVER termed as judging others.

GOOD NIGHT SIR!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Geolalisa(f): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello friend,

It seems you were blind typing when you were writing the topic of this post.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
Syncan:

Read and learn. Stop being Ignorant with pride.

...We also have to take into consideration that when Mary was told by the archangel Gabriel "Behold, you shall conceive in your womb, and bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus" (Lk 1:31), he also added that this was to come about because "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the Holy one to be born shall be called the Son of God" (Lk 1:35). By stating it in those terms the archangel declared to Mary that God would enter into a marital relationship with her, causing her to conceive His Son in her womb, For "to lay one's power <(reshuth)> over a woman" <(Targum to Dt> 21:4) was a euphemism for "to have a marital relationship with her." Likewise "to overshadow" (Lk 1:35) by spreading the "wing" or "cloak" over a woman was another euphemism for marital relations. Thus, the rabbis commented <(Midrash Genesis Rabbah> 39.7; 3.9) that Ruth was chaste in her wording when she asked Boaz to have marital relations with her by saying to him "I am Ruth you handmaid, spread therefore your cloak ( literally, "wing": over your handmaid for you are my next-of-kin" (Ruth 3:9). , another Aramaic-Hebrew word for cloak, is derived from = shadow. Thus, "to spread one's cloak <(tallith)> over a woman" means to cohabit with her <(Kiddushin> 18b, see also . Did not the Lord say to His bride Israel: "I am married to you" (Jr 3:14) and "your Maker is your husband"? (Is 54-5:5; Jr 31:32)? And what is more intimate than what the Lord said to His bride: "You developed, you grew, you came to full womanhood; your breasts became firm and your hair grew... you were naked... and I saw that you were now old enough for love so I spread my cloak over you... I gave you My oath, I entered into a covenant with you and you became Mine, says the Lord God" (Ezk 16:7, 8 ).

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/TALMUD.htm
adeneyitheprof hope you have been educated?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by adeniyitheprof(m): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
The Roman Catholic Church is a MIGHTY OBSTACLE to anyone seeking salvation, enslaving millions of people to a religious system and preventing them from coming DIRECTLY (not through Mary or any saint) to Christ Jesus.

It is a long-term known fact that CHRISTIANS AND CATHOLIC ARE DIFFERENT.

CATHOLICS (MARY'S FOLLOWERS) ARE NOT CHRISTIANS (CHRIST FOLLOWERS indeed but not mere church goers) in diverse ways.

I remember the video and the texts of ANGELICA ZAMBRANO's revelation as per a Catholic Pope in HELL FIRE because of image worshiping (idolatry) and others.

If you love (not want) to get to Heaven, accept Jesus Christ alone and do the will of God.

Please note this: Do not believe in PURGATORY; for it is a satanic deception to bring in more people to the broad way whose end is ETERNAL DESTRUCTION without remedy.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Geolalisa(f): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
@adeniyitheproof

I will leave you with this words - When the Lord comes again and you make it to Heaven, kindly endeavour to EXIT when you see Our Blessed Virgin Mary there.

May the Peace of the Lord be with you.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2015
Geolalisa:
@adeniyitheproof

I will leave you with this words - When the Lord comes again and you make it to Heaven, kindly endeavour to EXIT when you see Our Blessed Virgin Mary there.

May the Peace of the Lord be with you.

hehehehe,

great question.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by dragon2(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2015
Hmm, some people need to know the difference between an idol and an image. Even the scripture used 'graven' to help the uninitiated.
We all have images in our homes and our children play and hug them all the time. They are called toys and Teddy's. I guess they are now idols because God said. Do not MAKE them or bow before them.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 9:57pm On May 19, 2015
italo:

What about the images of the Ark and the bronze serpent...are they idols?

Ark was not worshiped or prayed to directly. The bronze serpent was not worshiped or prayed to directly as if it was a mini god.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by italo: 6:01am On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

Ark was not worshiped or prayed to directly. The bronze serpent was not worshiped or prayed to directly as if it was a mini god.

Same with our images.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 6:26am On May 20, 2015
italo:

Same with our images.

That nor concrern me o. I know catholics pray directly to mary and ask her in turn to pray to jesus for them.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Cammo: 6:48am On May 20, 2015
Please let's be extra careful how we speak of holy things to avoid cursing ourselves. I'm not a Catholic but calling the image of the Virgin Mary a devil is just the height of it
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by italo: 7:40am On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

That nor concrern me o. I know catholics pray directly to mary and ask her in turn to pray to jesus for them.

I thought you were talking about images.

As for Mary, she is not an image. She is the Mother of Jesus Christ, who continues to live with him in heaven. So we talk to her.

Have you never heard that believers will never die?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 7:42am On May 20, 2015
italo:

I thought you were talking about images.

As for Mary, she is not an image. She is the Mother of Jesus Christ, who continues to live with him in heaven. So we talk to her.

Have you never heard that believers will never die?
I was not talkibg about images. I eas talking about praying to images. No one ahould even pray to image of Jesus. If its carved and prayed to, then its a graven image. Be it that of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Catholics pray to the image of mary. They use that image to represent a being that can help them in daily struggles.
How you take know where mary dey? Did God tell us to pray to him through any man/ woman presumed to be sitting with him? So if someone we call good dies, and we feel he is with God, that means we can start praying to him? shocked shocked
Its ok sha. To each his own.
I onky commented at your comparison between the ark, the bronze serpent and the graven image if mary and so called saints.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Nobody: 7:56am On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

I was not talkibg about images. I eas talking about praying to images. No one ahould even pray to image of Jesus. If its carved and prayed to, then its a graven image. Be it that of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Catholics pray to the image of mary. They use that image to represent a being that can help them in daily struggles.
How you take know where mary dey? Did God tell us to pray to him through any man/ woman presumed to be sitting with him? So if someone we call good dies, and we feel he is with God, that means we can start praying to him? shocked shocked
I onky commented at your comparison between the ark, the bronze serpent and the graven image if mary and so called saints.
Seriously don't you Protestants get tired of this silly accusation?
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 8:01am On May 20, 2015
Papist:

Seriously don't you Protestants get tired of this silly accusation?

Tired? Health officer dey tire to warn about how to prevent malaria and malnutrition? Lawyers dey tire to talk? Pastor dey tire to preach?
Sha delishpot don tire true true. I give up.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by dragon2(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

Tired? Health officer dey tire to warn about how to prevent malaria and malnutrition? Lawyers dey tire to talk? Pastor dey tire to preach?
Sha delishpot don tire true true. I give up.

Catholics do not pray to Images. Catholics clearly know the difference between Images and Idols.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by italo: 4:37pm On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

Mary is alive in heaven and she is the mother of Jesus.

We will continue to pray to her to intercede for us...

Meanwhile, you can continue to ignore her and pray to Gbenga or Chukwuma to intercede for you.

One day, you will know whose intercession is more useful.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 7:38pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

Mary is alive in heaven and she is the mother of Jesus.

We will continue to pray to her to intercede for us...

Meanwhile, you can continue to ignore her and pray to Gbenga or Chukwuma to intercede for you.

One day, you will know whose intercession is more useful.

So if I am not praying to Mary to intercede for me, I must be praying to Gbenga or chukwuma ba? Hahaha. I cant shout oooo grin grin. My dear I pray to Jehovah direct. I believe in Jesus as his Son and bringer of the goodnews who gave his life that we may be saved. I do not involve mary, gbenga, chukwuma, st lucy or st benedict, peter or paul in my prayers. They have lived their lives and done their bit. Now we are to do ours and pass the baton to the next generation
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by italo: 8:36pm On May 20, 2015
delishpot:

So if I am not praying to Mary to intercede for me, I must be praying to Gbenga or chukwuma ba? Hahaha. I cant shout oooo grin grin. My dear I pray to Jehovah direct. I believe in Jesus as his Son and bringer of the goodnews who gave his life that we may be saved. I do not involve mary, gbenga, chukwuma, st lucy or st benedict, peter or paul in my prayers. They have lived their lives and done their bit. Now we are to do ours and pass the baton to the next generation

OK. Keep praying to God direct, don't ever ask anyone to pray for you. And keep bothering yourself about Catholic practices.

We Catholics will keep praying to God direct and also keep asking our brothers and sisters in heaven to pray for us.

Catholics are not bothered about you or what you practise.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by delishpot: 8:42pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

OK. Keep praying to God direct, don't ever ask anyone to pray for you. And keep bothering yourself about Catholic practices.

We Catholics will keep praying to God direct and also keep asking our brothers and sisters in heaven to pray for us.

Catholics are not bothered about you or what you practise.

Yes Sir. No problem Sir. BTW sir, I dont bother myself about anybody who knowingly does what ever he or she wants to do. Wetin be my own? Bother fa? grin grin, I only mentioned my opinion I did not say I was bothered o. Dont worry about me bothering. Rest assured I am not the least bothered by what image you mould at your door mouth or what corpse you guys save to call saint. I am the least bothered. Biko sleep tight knowing that e nor bother me.
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by italo: 5:48am On May 21, 2015
delishpot:

Yes Sir. No problem Sir. BTW sir, I dont bother myself about anybody who knowingly does what ever he or she wants to do. Wetin be my own? Bother fa? grin grin, I only mentioned my opinion I did not say I was bothered o. Dont worry about me bothering. Rest assured I am not the least bothered by what image you mould at your door mouth or what corpse you guys save to call saint. I am the least bothered. Biko sleep tight knowing that e nor bother me.

OK. Keep refraining from keeping images (pictures, sculptures) of your loved ones around you. And keep refraining from revering the relics of the saints.

Keep spending your time and energy posting about Catholic practices you are ignorant about...then claim not to be bothered about them.

We Catholics will continue to keep images (pictures, sculptures) to remember our most beloved in heaven and on earth. And we will continue to keep and rever their relics, just like Christians have always done.

We Catholics don't even know you or what you represent.

Your words are worthless.

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by Shayaviv1000(m): 5:24pm On May 08, 2019
Correcting you for one thing: Mary is not in Heaven right now. She is in the grave, and she will be raptured into heaven at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by FireSpirit: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
"Do the Catholics need glasses'
The arc of the covenant was under Jesus's cross as was Adam's skull. When the ground wrenched, Jesus blood went through the crack to the mercy seat and skulls inside Golgotha. That is why the only way to Heaven is through HIM! A statue or a dead person isn't going to get up and lead you into Heaven! It isn't going to happen. Come out of those churches or suffer the plagues with them!
The Roman Catholic church used propaganda to sell the lie that they had the authority to change the Sabbath Day. Sunday's child is full of grace ... "Saturdays child works all day"... Those little angels with the day they were born... that you see everywhere... maybe you have some at home Well folks.those are also idols and propaganda from Satan that fooled the whole �...
Re: 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! by FireSpirit: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
[quote author=italo post=33937463]

OK. Keep disobeying God direct, He didn't ask for that much, don't pray to an image of anything don't pray to saints,

Honor the Sabbath Day Don't bow down to the Queen in Heaven or other gods or idols. Don't pray to anyone else.

Come out of those churches or suffer the plagues with them. Do you read the Bible? Or do the prayers to dead people exempt you from his laws and the covenant? Are these idols or these dead people going to magically rise up and lead you to Heaven? Or will they go without you, because they were HUMBLE servants that served only Jesus and faithfully obeyed His commandments? NOT willfully defied Him and followed Satan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.