Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,824 members, 7,824,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano (25171 Views)

Female IDPs Turn To Prostitution To Survive - Borno Civil Society Organisations / Court Aborts Last Minute Move To Stop ‎election Over Card Reader / Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Ngwakwe: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
lolababe331e:
That can easily be fixed, educate the people to wash their hands before they com and as backup u can have hand wipes or hand washing stations at the affected polls so they can wash their hands and dry first. You can't abandon a good instrument that will check rigging simply because of someone peoples culture , just educate them

Why are people bent on covering a flop. Painted fingers are passing the fingerprint logon unless the paint is emulsion or thick oil paint.

Inks on fingers are passing computer biometrics (try it now on your laptop) hence the excuse is lame.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by ndcide(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
And we would have conducted a crucial election on Feb 14 , the kind of fight that would have been going on in various polling units across the country would have overwhelmed all the security apparatus. Because there wouldn't have been any way to convince anyone that the election wasn't being manipulated.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by icebebe(f): 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
40%?
So wat wuld av happend if d election wasn't postponed?am nt sure we are ready to strt using PVC fr presidential election,dis is no child's play

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by PhockPhockMan: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
sincerenigerian:

But the same exercise was successful in Lagos and Delta state today. Why did the women in Kano come out to do the exercise with painted fingers? They need to clean their fingers before coming to polling booth.
This your theory is false. Is there any where in the report that said that?

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Ngwakwe: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

That of Laptop is touch sensitive, it doesn't read fingerprints.
The card readers confirm the card holders by matching their fingerprints with that registered on the card, so any damage done to the finger( not necessarily henna paintings) will never let it pass.

Damage done to any finger may be an occupational hazard associated with subsistence farming and some craftsmanship hence there should have been provision for four fingers, any finger from the two thumbs and two index fingers should work.

Why were ten fingers captured during registration?

Were the implementers of this technology myopic to forsee simple techniques my laptop can easily apply.

The blame should be on the card-readers and INEC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
snapshot:

what a dumb response to a very sensitive issue such as disenfranchising eligible voters!
INEC can not be held responsible if some people could not be verified because of broken finger ridges.
We should be talking about improving on the method by 2019.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by eagleonearth(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Anything less than perfection in this case is disaster.
We reject card reader for now.
Have you ever seen anything close to perfection in any election held in this clime before Bros, na card reader sure pass #saynotorigging
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Teenaira: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
This card reader issue might be the last straw that will break the camel's back. The maximum error rate that should be tolerated should be 5%. After all the struggle, anxiety, merry go rounding, name calling etc associated with the collection of PVC and then one dude either in APC or PDP or indeed any other party is disenfranchised again. Me I don't know what might happen o. JEGA, JEGA, JEGA, how many times did I call you. Please and please ....................

I don talk my own o.

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Ngwakwe:

Stop misleading Nairalanders, painted fingers will pass biometric.

Just dip your finger in ink and try it with your Laptop now. It works.
I quite agree with you.
So when those people registered, they had no henna decorations on their hands abi ? Is it the fingerprint or the finger color that the machine reads? INEC, better
do away with this chinko reader before it's too late..
You have the PVC ( or even the TVC ) and the MASTER SHEET ( for confirmation ). Why incumber yourself. Unless there is more to this Card Readers than you are telling us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by naza9ja(m): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
ITbomb:
65% of registered voters got their PVC, out of this 65%, 60% could successfully vote.

In simple terms out of 100 people wey register, 65 of them collect card, out of this 65 na only 35 wey the the machine (card reader) allow to vote.

That means say na 35 people out of 100 decide election results

That is a disaster. INEC is not ready for PVC and card readers

Exactly my thought too. Thank God the elected was postponed.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by igbeke: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
65% Nigerians registered for the elections
60% of the registered voters got their PVCs.
60% efficiency on the Card Reader.
With a population of 170million.......
It means only 39.78million Nigerians have the opportunity to decide the fate of the rest of us.
So what do we call Jega?
Your opinion is as good as mine.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by AreaFada2: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
ITbomb:
65% of registered voters got their PVC, out of this 65%, 60% could successfully vote.

In simple terms out of 100 people wey register, 65 of them collect card, out of this 65 na only 35 wey the the machine (card reader) allow to vote.

That means say na 35 people out of 100 decide election results

That is a disaster. INEC is not ready for PVC and card readers
This your analysis is TOO difficult for most people. There's always massive Maths failure in WASCE.

People opening their buccal cavity to say 60% is a pass, good 3 weeks after February 14th.

Did Fulani people start doing Henna painting 3 weeks ago? Why was such not anticipated and corrected over past 4 years?

If care is not taken, we would be sleepwalking into great disaster.

Problems that break up countries usually begin small.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Chigold101(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:
40% is too much na, anyway that one no concern me, wetin me know na say i go jez;
humn... Am sure they will get it right before 28th March
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by PhockPhockMan: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Stop misleading Nairalanders, painted fingers will pass biometric.

Just dip your finger in ink and try it with your Laptop now. It works.
That's the false information sincerenigerian is spreading here.

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by lawrsmith(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=Dannyset post=31396780][/quote]INEC testing their card reader on 7th of march with 40% difficulty while last month when election was barely one week Jega was busy telling Nigerians that INEC is ready to conduct the election with untested card reader. and some bigot from Asiwaju people congress camp and their gullible chauvinistic supporters started making some bleat noice about the election shift.what a calamity Jega would have plug Nigeria into had it been that this election was conducted on feb.14th.what an incompetent mallam
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
mrvictor:

A very big disaster indeed!
Now, the card reader project will amount to wasted resources.
Why didn't INEC conduct Quality Assurance test before bulk production/purchase?
This brings us to question, "what's the usefulness of Standard Organisation of Nigeria(SON)?"
They are there for there-ing sake
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
babasanti:
The fAct is the use of technology does not fit Africa.
Lol
Not yet
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by pkang: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
ifekemmie:
Ah! 40% is much, inec shld luk for alternative or immediate solution

Who really told you its 40% failure, it could more than that. I have always suspected this card reader and in many states I believe voters won't even find their names.
APC shifted the blames to farmers hmmmmmm.
Well I will prefer TVC.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by naira0(m): 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dannyset:

That is why this test is needed, so as to correct any anomalies that are likely to arise on that day. Sure INEC would work on it. Its still a pass for them.

How can they possibly correct it, get new ones or what?
INEC was never ready for the Feb 14 polls. D 40% failure today is an audible testimony to that.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by pkang: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
This test is conducted in a single ward with 40% failure then what happens when it is conducted in the whole state. Mass disaster.
#TVC42015

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
billyG:
Some ppl hastily comment as if dia brain is in idle mode,frm d narative d card readers are working effectively,d problem is with women who painted dia fingers,it was a success in other state,pdp need 2 sensitise kano woman to clean dia hands inorder 2 vote,kano been swing state.

Is it all d 40% that is caused by d painting
If u wanna use tech use hi-tech dis yr isnt a joke

What are we going to expect when pressure is on this machine

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Damage done to any finger may be an occupational hazard associated with subsistence farming and some craftsmanship hence there should have been provision for four fingers, any finger from the two thumbs and two index fingers should work.

Why were ten fingers captured during registration?

Were the implementers of this technology myopic to forsee simple techniques my laptop can easily apply.

The blame should be on the card-readers and INEC.
For the sake of this election, everyone should keep his/her fingers in shape. By 2019, the machines will be reconfigured to pass voters with any four fingers confirmed. Not necessarily the thumb and the index, coz if the ridges of other fingers got damaged for the reasons stated above, I doubt that of the thumb and the index would still be in place.

They've been into this line of business before the last election and I don't think the system will accept a finger with badly damaged ridges.
If it was possible in 2011, it's possible now. The h3aling won't take more than 3 days.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by fasbat(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
hybeenoni:
That's the essence of d mock election, let's give INEC d chance to go bk nd rectify the li2 hitches noticed rather than being pessimistic
INEC made available incident forms if any of ur fingers did not read and u have a genuine card with u so dt u can vote, I don't see any issue with d card readers unless u have any sinister motives, why are Nigerians so pessimistic?? I'm just alarmed, anyway, d trial test is good so to forestall any hitches on election day...good job to INEC...
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

INEC can not be held responsible if some people could not be verified because of broken finger ridges.
I don't agree with u
When did inec start making decision without putting common man into considerations
How can u expect some1 that farm with crude tool for yrs not to have problems with his finger print

I knw 80yrs even 90 that travel abroad,reg with dia finger print without hitch

If d card reader is truly hi-tech d only types of finger it won't recognized
Are
Fingers with death cell
Fingers with paint as thick as emulsion

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by snapshot: 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

INEC is to be held responsible if some persons can not be verified.To verify such persons is not rocket science.It is obvious that JEGA is a
learner,and his naivety could just be our greatest undoing.JEGA and his commission could learn a lot from this site.
howhttp://www.researchgate.net/publication/221356300_Reconnecting_Broken_Ridges_in_Fingerprint_Images
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

This your analysis is TOO difficult for most people. There's always massive Maths failure in WASCE.

People opening their buccal cavity to say 60% is a pass, good 3 weeks after February 14th.

Did Fulani people start doing Henna painting 3 weeks ago? Why was such not anticipated and corrected over past 4 years?

If care is not taken, we would be sleepwalking into great disaster.

Problems that break up countries usually begin small.
intact issues that when u are told u will be lyk
"Just this"
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by 989900: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
mkpikpub:
Massive March 4 buhari today in Lagos. I wonder why channels TV has not shown it, while they ve shown the so called fitness walk by jona

What is so special about this trekking?
March 28th is just 21 days away.

'cause as we speak, he is still the president.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Anthony20: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am REALLY SURPRISED at the CALIBER OF PEOPLE that have befall this platform. So SORRY to say some are either VERY LOW or have LOST sense of fair presentation and judgement due to sentiments.
What score do you need to pass any test, exams or evaluation?
ACROSS the GLOBE IT IS 50 percent (50%). Any program that succeeds above 50 percent-50% is a POSITIVE SUCCESS. Please PDP and its cohort
Leave JEGA alone!
Leave PVCs alone
Leave INEC alone Please go and do your home work.
NIGERIA MUST MOVE FORWARD.
I am in Kano and the EXERCISE was a success. Nigeria is braking away from its captors please stand up and be COUNTED. DO NOT STOP it otherwise see the PICS.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Anthony20:
I am REALLY SURPRISED at the CALIBER OF PEOPLE that have befall this platform. So SORRY to say some are either VERY LOW or have LOST sense of fair presentation and judgement due to sentiments.
ACROSS the GLOBE IT IS 50 percent (50%). Any program that succeeds above 50 percent-50% is a POSITIVE SUCCESS. Please PDP and its cohort
Leave JEGA alone!
Leave PVCs alone
I am in Kano and the EXERCISE was a success. Nigeria is braking away from its captors please stand up and be COUNTED. DO NOT STOP it otherwise see the PICS.
What a shame !!!
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by snapshot: 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Anthony20:
Leave JEGA alone!
Leave PVCs alone

This is an obvious sign of intellectual dwarfism.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by sapientia(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Haba.. Painted what?.. Only a finger without groove can not be captured.. Who manufacture those machines.. Ok.. Lemme just believe .. 40 per cent failure is a no no... Am not even angry cos that but am sooo pissed cos Jega told us he was ready for election on 14th.. Mitchewwww
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by igbeke: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Anthony20:
Leave JEGA alone!
Leave PVCs alone
You see how low u reason.
This is efficiency we are taking about. For that Card Reader to be judged as acceptable, there must be about 95% reliability. And for a country with massive population like Nigeria, do you know what 5% of 170nillion represent?
I think we should caution Jega not to lead this country into anarchy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Honoured At The August Meeting In Imo. PICS / Reno Omokri Accepts Pres Buhari’s Challenge : Proves He Is A Liar / INEC Fails To Explain Discrepancies In Presidential Election Figures 1Week After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.