Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,425 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:46 PM

APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano (25304 Views)

Female IDPs Turn To Prostitution To Survive - Borno Civil Society Organisations / Court Aborts Last Minute Move To Stop ‎election Over Card Reader / Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by agabaI23(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
ITbomb:
65% of registered voters got their PVC, out of this 65%, 60% could successfully vote.

In simple terms out of 100 people wey register, 65 of them collect card, out of this 65 na only 35 wey the the machine (card reader) allow to vote.

That means say na 35 people out of 100 decide election results

That is a disaster. INEC is not ready for PVC and card readers
Good point
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by bishopjoe02(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abayhormy:
Massive March 4 buhari today in Lagos. I wonder why channels TV has not shown it, while they ve shown the so called fitness walk by jona in Abuja .

Rubbish. . paid tout and bunch of hungry students. . were is the buhari they are marching for..

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by chibecanglobal(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
sincerenigerian:

But the same exercise was successful in Lagos and Delta state today. Why did the women in Kano come out to do the exercise with painted fingers? They need to clean their fingers before coming to polling booth.
And u think 2weeks is enough to sensitize the electorate to come to awareness on what and what is expected of them during the voters verification/voting process if@all the claim that the marks on the palms and fingers of those women are the possible cause of the readers to authenticate their cards
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by meforyou1(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
40% failure is success? Somebody in INEC needs to join buhari and go to school

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by BABAKABIRU301(f): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:
40% is too much na, anyway that one no concern me, wetin me know na say i go jez;

Keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015
IF UR FINGER PRINT IS ACCEPT

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by agabaI23(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't know if anyone had said this but I will point this out

Channels news report stated that about 30% of thump prints were rejected and some were accepted after repeated trials up to 5 times

What INEC did was a positive test. If there was a negative control, INEC has not shown us the result based on KANO experience

The negative control will be to allow B to thumpprint repeatedly while A's card is in the machine. If the reader returned No repeatedly, then it is cool otherwise ..............

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
snapshot:

INEC is to be held responsible if some persons can not be verified.To verify such persons is not rocket science.It is obvious that JEGA is a
learner,and his naivety could just be our greatest undoing.JEGA and his commission could learn a lot from this site.
howhttp://www.researchgate.net/publication/221356300_Reconnecting_Broken_Ridges_in_Fingerprint_Images
Don't panic, broken finger ridges heals within few days. For God's sake, the ridges were intact at registration. Heal up or stay off. We want to be sure some people are not trying to use other people's card.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
This your theory is false. Is there any where in the report that said that?

Did you read the quoted at all or you are just being foolish as usual? Open the link and read the entire report.

"He said according to their observation as civil society observers the card reader was doing a fantastic and excellent work with 60 per cent success. He said the 40 per cent failure stemmed mainly from the fact that some of the test voters were farmers and women with henna decorations on their hands."
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
HzRF:

I don't agree with u
When did inec start making decision without putting common man into considerations
How can u expect some1 that farm with crude tool for yrs not to have problems with his finger print

I knw 80yrs even 90 that travel abroad,reg with dia finger print without hitch

If d card reader is truly hi-tech d only types of finger it won't recognized
Are
Fingers with death cell
Fingers with paint as thick as emulsion
If they registered with the same fingers, why should it be difficult to get verified using these same fingers?

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by sparkleRed(f): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
Some pple re funny oo, so Becos I want 2 vote I should not farm? Or paint my hands, wasn't my hands painted during d registration ni?
If we re 2 use d card reader, something nid 2 be daine fast Becos wen pressure is mounted on dat reader cos of population it will be a disaster..wat if d battery runs down? wat if d battery gets bad? or it's stolen wat den happens den? Let's INEC put things in place be4 28 or make alternate plans

+ sincerenigerian stop insulting pple I will flog u nw oo (˘̯˘ )
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Sajio(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
U see this Jega and APC? 40% failure...! is a total failure joor!! and Jega said he was ready for the election as @feb14?? a big thanks to PDP joor!

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
sparkleRed:
Some pple re funny oo, so Becos I want 2 vote I should not farm? Or paint my hands, wasn't my hands painted during d registration ni?
If we re 2 use d card reader, something nid 2 be daine fast Becos wen pressure is mounted on dat reader cos of population it will be a disaster..wat if d battery runs down? wat if d battery gets bad? or it's stolen wat den happens den? Let's INEC put things in place be4 28 or make alternate plans

+ sincerenigerian stop insulting pple I will flog u nw oo (˘̯˘ )
I take care whoever insults me. Chikenal.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Sajio(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
alaoeri:

Where is this one from? Two state from each political zone was chosen to test run, Lagos & Ekiti in SW & no report of abnormalities yet guess something is wrong in Kano & INEC will fix it in due time. FYI card reader has come to stay no room for PDP rigging.
... this was same Inec that was ready for the election as@ feb14th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by HzRF(m): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

If they registered with the same fingers, why should it be difficult to get verified using these same fingers?
Daz why I said inec aren't using d best equipment
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Ngwakwe: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

For the sake of this election, everyone should keep his/her fingers in shape. By 2019, the machines will be reconfigured to pass voters with any four fingers confirmed. Not necessarily the thumb and the index, coz if the ridges of other fingers got damaged for the reasons stated above, I doubt that of the thumb and the index would still be in place.

They've been into this line of business before the last election and I don't think the system will accept a finger with badly damaged ridges.
If it was possible in 2011, it's possible now. The h3aling won't take more than 3 days.

The electoral law as amended states that every eligible voter with a valid card must be allowed to vote and moreover there is a provision for 700,000 amputees in Nigeria to cast their vote hence INEC cannot violate the law by denying any Nigerian who physically comes to polling booth with a valid INEC Card the opportunity to votes for whatever reason.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Sheggy13(m): 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
ichidodo:
Terrible percentage if you ask us...an election that is looking to be decided in margins cannot afford the horrible odds of almost 50% failure rate..
I thought you guys always boast that GEJ would win with a wide gap. Which one is decided in margins again.. Reality has dawned on u at last..it's allowed lol
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Sheggy13(m): 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
ichidodo:
Terrible percentage if you ask us...an election that is looking to be decided in margins cannot afford the horrible odds of almost 50% failure rate..
I thought you guys always boast that GEJ would win with a wide gap. Which one is decided in margins again.. Reality has dawned on u at last..it's allowed to be in dreamland once in a while lol.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:

The electoral law as amended states that every eligible voter with a valid card must be allowed to vote and moreover there is a provision for 700,000 amputees in Nigeria to cast their vote hence INEC cannot violate the law by denying any Nigerian who physically comes to polling booth with a valid INEC Card the opportunity to votes for whatever reason.
Once the card is verifif as authentic and the photo matches the holder, I don't think INEC will disenfranchise people who have problems with their fingers. I don't think the verification will be based only on matching fingerprints. They will be verified.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by chukzyblingz(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
If these women actually registered for the voters cards with the henna on their fingers, even if they clean it the card would not still read them. In fact, there is no solution to this problem for now.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
HzRF:

Daz why I said inec aren't using d best equipment
They are. The card readers are better than the fingerprint readers used at registration. No need to panic as everyone who carries an authentic card but not impersonating, will be verified.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by psalmsjob: 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
ITbomb:
65% of registered voters got their PVC, out of this 65%, 60% could successfully vote.

In simple terms out of 100 people wey register, 65 of them collect card, out of this 65 na only 35 wey the the machine (card reader) allow to vote.

That means say na 35 people out of 100 decide election results

That is a disaster. INEC is not ready for PVC and card readers

This statistic is for a ward in Kano only not for the entire mock election everywhere.

Besides the reason for the errors is because of the paintings on the hands of the female voters there and the male voters are mostly farmers.

So with this category of persons if the card reader can record 60% success rate then its a success story.

But some people are bent on rigging so ofcourse they'll condemn it any which way, like this statistician I quoted.

#SaiBuhari

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Ngwakwe: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
otr1:

Once the card is verifif as authentic and the photo matches the holder, I don't think INEC will disenfranchise people who have problems with their fingers. I don't think the verification will be based only on matching fingerprints. They will be verified.

According to INEC. A voter is assumed to be accredited and eligible to vote only when the PVC is authenticated by the fingerprints using the Card reader with exception of the amputees.

They need to reconcile their activities with the subsisting electoral law to avoid unruly behaviours at the polling centres.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by naso2(m): 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
sincerenigerian:
For those Hausa/Fulani, women and girls who could not get their fingers verified by the card reader machine, the pictures below show the reason why they were rejected by the card reader machine.

Those people need to get their fingers cleaned before coming to the polling unit.

Lack of education is the problem with most of these people.

so how were these fingerprnts captured in the first place?

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by otr1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:

According to INEC. A voter is assumed to be accredited and eligible to vote only when the PVC is authenticated by the fingerprints using the Card reader with exception of the amputees.

They need to reconcile their activities with the subsisting electoral law to avoid unruly behaviour at the polling units.
If amputees can be verified using the same machines, I don't think anyone will be disenfranchised on the ground of fingerprints if the Officials are convinced beyond reasonable doubt that the card holder is the real owner- not when a whopping 40% of voters are affected. I'm certain INEC will work on this. We must also do our own part. I give Jega and INEC 95% confidence level.

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by meforyou1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
psalmsjob:

This statistic is for a ward in Kano only not for the entire mock election everywhere.

Besides the reason for the errors is because of the paintings on the hands of the female voters there and the male voters are mostly farmers.

So with this category of persons if the card reader can record 60% success rate then its a success story.

But some people are bent on rigging so ofcourse they'll condemn it any which way, like this statistician I quoted.

#SaiBuhari
one ward, 40% failure for a mock test. The main exercise will be a complete jungle of fights, confusion and war. Trust me
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by babsmii(m): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
atlwireles:
40% failure by any QA/QC standard is a disaster

He said according to their observation as civil society observers the card reader was doing a fantastic and excellent work with 60 per cent success. He said the 40 per cent failure stemmed mainly from the fact that some of the test voters were farmers and women with henna decorations on their hands.

The United for Democracy group urged INEC to provide sprit Ink for those whose hands could not be captured by the biometric data machines before the elections so that the exercise could be 90 per cent successful.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by psalmsjob: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
meforyou1:
one ward, 40% failure for a mock test. The main exercise will be a complete jungle of fights, confusion and war. Trust me

"If the eyes is good the body will be full of light". If all the wahala you listed above are what you're expecting then I trust you that you'll get it but those of us that sees peaceful, free and fair election are going to get it too trust me!

#SayNoToRigging

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by Geedhey(m): 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
I simply would say why would a sane Nigerian that wantz a free & fair election be kicking against the use of card reader that can checkmate any election fraud. Let the kano women go and wash their hands before coming for verification Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by surplus2015: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Is it only kano that this thing was don, it was don is some state to and as I watch the new this night at TVC most people are saying good about the machine

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by kingslly(m): 12:51am On Mar 08, 2015
Its now so obvious to all that INEC was neva ready for the feb 14th elections and also that the Card reader is a mess.Only 60 out of 100 got accredited in a mock election scenario and INEC officials and APC representatives thinks its a pass? You can neva hide the truth because its always glaring.The same thing happened in Ebonyi.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by kingslly(m): 12:57am On Mar 08, 2015
The same thing happened in ebonyi, so do we have hausa ladies with painted palms in ebonyi too?
billyG:
Some ppl hastily comment as if dia brain is in idle mode,frm d narative d card readers are working effectively,d problem is with women who painted dia fingers,it was a success in other state,pdp need 2 sensitise kano woman to clean dia hands inorder 2 vote,kano been swing state.
Re: APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano by kingslly(m): 1:22am On Mar 08, 2015
So What class are you?....tufiakwa!
Anthony20:
I am REALLY SURPRISED at the CALIBER OF PEOPLE that have befall this platform. So SORRY to say some are either VERY LOW or have LOST sense of fair presentation and judgement due to sentiments.
What score do you need to pass any test, exams or evaluation?
ACROSS the GLOBE IT IS 50 percent (50%). Any program that succeeds above 50 percent-50% is a POSITIVE SUCCESS. Please PDP and its cohort
Leave JEGA alone!
Leave PVCs alone
Leave INEC alone Please go and do your home work.
NIGERIA MUST MOVE FORWARD.
I am in Kano and the EXERCISE was a success. Nigeria is braking away from its captors please stand up and be COUNTED. DO NOT STOP it otherwise see the PICS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha / Govorner Okorocha Bans Keke In Owerri; Residents React (Photos) / Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.