Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders (36474 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / Jonathan Visits Ayiri Emami, Warri Billionaire, At His Home (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by appini: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
With the Yoruba Oba's on Bros GEJ side, Buhari will only have to Contends with the gods.

Someone go write this somewhere today, Buhari wil be unable to go out and vote for himself come 28th March. The Yoruba gods have spoken!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by SirShymexx: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
millionaireman:

catch the gist: if you make Buhari president, when he is leaving, he MUST not hand over to Osinbajo. Check history. Those Obas know better than you.

I don't care about no Osinbajo nor history - I just want regime change.

And those Kings aren't my King - I'm Ijebu and that's Ife. Ife's jurisdiction starts and stops in Ife. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by bokohalal(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
appini:
With the Yoruba Oba's on Bros GEJ side, Buhari will only have to Contends with the gods.
Someone go write this somewhere today, Buhari wil be unable to go out and vote for himself come 28th March. The Yoruba gods have spoken!
bokohalal:
Prayers by traditional Rulers are different from Christians and Muslims prayers.
In traditional prayers, the Gods and ancestors are presented with a petition and asked to do what they know is the best outcome.
Goodluck Jonathan actually had a petition sent . We know the ancestors are wise.
Jesus actually prayed in this manner in the Garden of Gethsemane. "Not as I will, but as thou will."
You DO NOT command the Gods!
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by juman(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
The change as come to nigeria.

Sai buhari.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by aresa: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
olamieseun:
I trust my oba of lagos (Oba Akinolu) he can't be wt dis hungry oba dat pointing dis staff to dis mumu of de century.

Den just gather some bribable village to parade and take pictures with. I don't even think many of them are Oba of anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by appini: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
BelloSanni:

Watch and see. Unless d election is rigged. APC will grab the Aso rock

PDP will always win the centre even if the elections is held inside river Niger

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by deathmen12: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
God has never aboundon Nigeria, God alone know the motive of all men. God bless Nigeria nd d leaders who has Gud motive
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Olorogun12: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:
Oga Jonah, this one that you are going from palace to palace ehn, receiving blessings as if your life depends on it, it won't make you win the election, it's better you kindly move from ife to otuoke coz that will be your final destination grin BTW

Keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015
honor thy fathers n thy mothers so dat ur days may be long on earth. d words of d elders re words of wisdom. Now d elders have spoken n so shall it b.my dear don't start early days on earth in opposition, opposing d elders so u will live long...Jonathan till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by juman(m): 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

I don't care about no Osinbajo nor history - I just want regime change.

And those Kings aren't my King - I'm Ijebu and that's Ife. Ife's jurisdiction starts and stops in Ife. grin

This post is funny. grin

All yoruba kings are my kings.
But in this case change is necessary.
Anyway, most of those kings are not good leaders.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Are those Yoruba Kings, or just the Ife king and his puppets? grin

I can't find the real Yoruba kings there - and I believe the Oyo King isn't there. Ditto other prominent Kings.

I am rest assured because the three most prominent kings are absent, the Oba of Lagos, Alaafin Of Oyo and Awujale of Ijebuland.

As for the Ooni of Ife, clearly he enjoys overstepping the line. I expect the Alaafin to put him in his place again.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by ldpele(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
angelTI:
If you like jump from one village/city to the other, it's your cup of tea.

I_have_decided
Sai Buhari
GEJ till May 29, 2015
it's expected for one to visit every nooks of this country during campaign, because Buhari health did allow him doesn't make u to come crying here
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by SirShymexx: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
juman:

This post is funny. grin

All yoruba kings are my kings.
But in this case change is necessary.
Anyway, most of those kings are not good leaders.

Lol. I was just clowning the guy.

Anyhoo, the thread is misleading. I thought it was actually a thread about real prominent Yoruba Kings - not Ife King and his minions.

Regardless, historically, Ijebus never had any other King apart from Awujale/Agusale (or whatever you want to call it) nor were vassals to any other empire. So, I'm riding with that. I just checked the pictures of the Awujale/Agusale - and compared them to those standing there. And he isn't there.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Oceemo(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Time shall tell wether it is d obas that will vote him that day.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by SirShymexx: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

I am rest assured because the three most prominent kings are absent, the Oba of Lagos, Alaafin Of Oyo and Awujale of Ijebuland.

As for the Ooni of Ife, clearly he enjoys overstepping the line. I expect the Alaafin to put him in his place again.

Lol. Not even the other Kings who came directly from Oduduwa in other parts of Yorubaland and the Egba king. grin

Fraud! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by johnmartus(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
Adyrin:
See your English!
Queen of England suppose behead your lineage for end to reoccurrence!
Ozu!

GooDLucK to 9ja
oh sorry professor please check your grammar and see how you murdered english
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by juman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I was just clowning the guy.

Anyhoo, the thread is misleading. I thought it was actually a thread about real prominent Yoruba Kings - not Ife King and his minions.

Regardless, historically, Ijebus never had any other King apart from Awujale/Agusale (or whatever you want to call it) nor were vassals to any other empire. So, I'm riding with that. I just checked the pictures of the Awujale/Agusale - and compared them to those standing there. And he isn't there.

Yes, you are right in that sense.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by itstpia99: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
afolag:
pointing staff @ him means what?
the yorubas in da hse?

it means prayer, as nlers have pointed out.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by deygar: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Who d gods has bless no man kan caurse..Gej all d way..d royal papa,s wit u..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Not even the other Kings who came directly from Oduduwa in other parts of Yorubaland and the Egba king. grin

Fraud! grin

That seem to be the only thing they are good at-Fraud. How can you trust the same group of people who without hesitation betrayed their own son?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by AdeniyiA(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
but my mind dirty small o, I just dey wish say make one bullet just come out of one staff ... pau !! shocked
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by itstpia99: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Olorogun12:
honor thy fathers n thy mothers so dat ur days may be long on earth. d words of d elders re words of wisdom. Now d elders have spoken n so shall it b.my dear don't start early days on earth in opposition, opposing d elders so u will live long...Jonathan till 2019.

and if they pray for Buhari as well?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by ndcide(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
GEJ is the Man and the Obas know this. They also know the diabolic power game being played by our northern brethren.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by prophetfire: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Does he not know dt som of dem re idol worshipers,use charms n som of thos staff re bewitched. Anything for power! Deseprate man!
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by zubby29(m): 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

How well is well?,and u think Buhari can do better?
at least gej who know what he can do,lets gv gmb a chance he may do better,even if its not gmb i would never hv voted gej,he can never do better in his second term dat i blv,in my opinion gej has not done well bt if u think nd blv otherwise i respect ur opinion
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by SirShymexx: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

That seem to be the only thing they are good at-Fraud. How can you trust the same group of people who without hesitation betrayed their own son?

Lol. I honestly don't know about these Yoruba folks...it seems they're masters of being two-faced and betraying people. As a Yoruba person, it's just sad to watch.

You've got the parrots who have absolutely no decorum/self-worth/self-respect/dignity whatsoever fighting everyday based on pay-as-you-talk. Then the so-called who have lost their darn minds based on vacuous promises and money changing hands. And the cowardly militants who should be disbanded and sent to a plantation to pick cotton. When are the real Yoruba folks going to stand up and be counted?

I'm disappointed in these folks - thought Yorubas were supposed to be this "sophisticated" and "enlightened" group, no? These folks just sold me a dream on here - all these people are no different from ya typical crumb-munching Nigerians and a product of the system. A disgrace to the Yoruba race and folks of Yoruba ancestry across the globe. Utterly shameful.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by ERockson: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
No reasonable Yoruba king will support Buhari. GEJ will surely defeat Buhari in Yoruba land because we cannot forget easily how buhari ruled like wild animal. God bless our kings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by olaodu4: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Very shameful that the yoruba monarchs don't respect their throne all because of money... they should keep this picture because by the time Jonathan loose the election, people will know that they kept the original stick in the palace. They are supporting president that doesn't recognise the yoruba in his key post in government. Shio!
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Mayor21(m): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
itetemi:

2019-4=
2019-4+4x0=?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by obinnafred(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sai GEJ
Sai PDP
Sai peace
Sai oGa jona
Sai transformation
Sai march4gudluk
Meanwille quote me n d

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Destiny4fame(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nd aw dos dis affect d voters mind.......

#IHAVEDECIDED#
Sai BaBa
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Exercise in futility ! Will that influence my decision not to vote for you? No sir ! As much as we revere our royal fathers/kings in Yoruba land, they cannot influence us politically. You lost my vote the day you increased fuel pump price to #140.00 per litre. It remains a crazy decision till date.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Xfemt(m): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
johnmartus:
My appeal to jonathan stop seeking for gods power initially your creator have reject you will you allow your life to be like saul? Power is from God bestow whoever he wish

U don turn prophet Samuel abi idiot

I'm a Gejite till Apcshit put up theright candidates

#we_dont_change_we_need_transformation

Team #freshair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Suspends Dino Melaye Recall / Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / People Seen Crawling As PDP Gubernatorial Primary Election Turns Violent In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.