Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders (36475 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / Jonathan Visits Ayiri Emami, Warri Billionaire, At His Home (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by EASY39(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
Davo93:

Gej go on so unnn,hater go kiss high tension

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by favourmic(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
I can't just stop laughing hahaha hahaha yeye president, I trust we Yorubas, this one no be blessing nah other side of it.....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by abdul123(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
If u pay for an unintentional prayer it gets u no where sir so rethink, them jst dey waste their saliva on u for nothing. What will be wud be !

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by abdul123(m): 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
EASY39:

Gej go on so unnn,hater go kiss high tension
presently hugging and kissing it but eventually the last I remember current hasn't flowed in it for months now !
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I honestly don't know about these Yoruba folks...it seems they're masters of being two-faced and betraying people. As a Yoruba person, it's just sad to watch.

You've got the parrots who have absolutely no decorum/self-worth/self-respect/dignity whatsoever fighting everyday based on pay-as-you-talk. Then the so-called who have lost their darn minds based on vacuous promises and money changing hands. And the cowardly militants who should be disbanded and sent to a plantation to pick cotton. When are the real Yoruba folks going to stand up and be counted?

I'm disappointed in these folks - thought Yorubas were supposed to be this "sophisticated" and "enlightened" group, no? These folks just sold me a dream on here - all these people are no different from ya typical crumb-munching Nigerians and a product of the system. A disgrace to the Yoruba race and folks of Yoruba ancestry across the globe. Utterly shameful.

I would be lying if I said I was not dejected when I saw the picture.

None of the institutions we rely on are clamourng for our social and economic independence, all they care about is their personal interests. They have also failed to prepare us for the aftermath of this election, unlike our neighbors we have NOTHING to defend ourself.

Oh! we've got our sophisticated mouth undecided
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by benzion72(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
DESPERATION

It is like Jona have found out that the God of Christian after he corrupted their priest with 7 or 6 Billion naira could not guarantee his reelection he has no moved to the constituency of the Orisa people and their gods. Let him ask Omisore if the gods of ife was able to deliver osun people vote to him and his PDP desperado. Yeye Jona

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by abdul123(m): 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Opportunity for Obas to compare their sticks lolz
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by boblaide: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dyt:
Won tan ni ooo
Aiye le
Eleya mani se gbogbo won Loro pè ode inu won ni ? Yèyé people ato ka loju è...
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by D9ty7(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
Though, Jonathan doesn't understand yoruba, and I doubt if the kings are praying in English.
But hey! Kings don't curse, no matter what, they don't. And when they pray with their staffs, you know na.
This one that they are praying for GEJ collectively ehn, me I don't know o.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by benzion72(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

None of the institutions we rely on are clamourng for our social and economic independence, all they care about is their personal interests. They have also failed to prepare us for the aftermath of this election, unlike our neighbors we have NOTHING to defend ourself.

You dont need any dejection. Yoruba monarch used to be the representative of the gods in the olden days. But now they are representing their own pocket. Let Jona and PDP continue to squander money they stole. They will soon account for it and some of this useless kabiyesi may have to pay their shares back.We know the monarch who said we should allow Abacha during his inglorious self transformation. They cannot deliver thier family to any party. You will see vote for change come March 28

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by D9ty7(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
While Jonathan keeps visiting Royal fathers for blessings, Buhari is busy speaking at Chattam house. Him no fit talk to we Nigerians abi?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by citizenY(m): 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
KingsleyCEO:
Respect to African royal fathers

Yes O , Na Yaba left, Aro and Kirikiri remain,,,,,,

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Dobxy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
I weep for the future of YORUBAs......I pray to God to accept all the prayers the Obas have requested for our Presido if he truly deserves it but if otherwise, otherwise should happen to them all and their generation cox I strongly believe this is not Nigeria we truly deserve, we deserve a better Nigeria and our Obas should have used dis opportunity posi+ively rather than praying for this guy.
Let thy will be done oh Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by boblaide: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gej you don't know what you are doing jor. those obas wont came out on election day to vote, You better come to me or we that can vote for you and give us what you're carrying to give those Obas

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by timunstopable: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
A deep Yoruba man/woman knows that Obas pray and bless with irukere and curse with staff of office.

#gej run to mfm for deliverance

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by favourmic(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Do you people remember Saul, a man talking to God turn to a man talking to witches, why would u seek help from the obas why not go on your knee and pray to God, sorry u wasting your time

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by favourmic(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
timunstopable:
A deep Yoruba man/woman knows that Obas pray and bless with irukere and curse with staff of office.

#gej run to mfm for deliverance

Hahaha lol
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by queensmith: 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
it's unethical for a yoruba oba to engage in any type of political meeting, they can receive you and discuss the development of their subjects but anything beyond that is disrespectful to their positions as monarchs.

As an Oba your integrity should never be in question, this is just an absolute shame.

GEJ has managed to corrupt every atom and corner of culture and democracy

benzion72:

You dont need any dejection. Yoruba monarch used to be the representative of the gods in the olden days. But now they are representing their own pocket. Let Jona and PDP continue to squander money they stole. They will soon account for it and some of this useless kabiyesi may have to pay their shares back.We know the monarch who said we should allow Abacha during his inglorious self transformation. They cannot deliver thier family to any party. You will see vote for change come March 28

Exactly- they were actually warriors and were at the forefront in defence for the people. How it came to this is beyond me.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by fasbat(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
afolag:
pointing staff @ him means what?
the yorubas in da hse?
if its 'irukere' used, I will just laugh but ds walking stick na something else, Yorubas Obas can't and will never dictate to d electorates in d south-west, so 'gbagbe e'! Jonathan is fighting a lost cause....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by CuteMaryJ: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
They were pointing their curses at him. Yoruba traditional rulers beckon their horse tails to anybody as a sign of blessing while they point the staff to show their anger. Waving of horse tail is to honour, (pointing) the staff is meant to dishonour. The chiefs were pointing not waving.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Blankstare(m): 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't see jonathan winning this election, sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by hedges007(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
Haha..Desperado..All the Naija churches wey this man visit in 6weeks never do...now to Shrine..I heard he also participated in Sport rally all of a sudden? well, he needs the physical fitness, the race from Aso Rock to Otuoke demands Agility

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by slimfit1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pastor Oyedepo's prayer wasn't enough then
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by BABAKABIRU301(f): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
UR PRESIDENT GA M BARI CANT VISIT ALL YORUBA OBA'S XCEPT 3 OBA'S IN YORUBA LAND...... EGBE ARI OBA FIN.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by SirShymexx: 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Lmao. FFK and his porous mouth with no principle and dignity - apart from running around like a loose cannon looks like the prototypical Yoruba right now loool. I can't mess with that and the old heads never raised me that way.

I bet these folks don't really know what is stake cos they can't see beyond their nostrils. I'm done with Yorubas, man.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by psalmsjob: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:
Oga Jonah, this one that you are going from palace to palace ehn, receiving blessings as if your life depends on it, it won't make you win the election, it's better you kindly move from ife to otuoke coz that will be your final destination grin BTW

Keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015

It will be so mesmerizing when he finally gets to Otueke and just sits and have flashes of this scene where the Obas point their beaded sticks at him but yet he still finds himself in Otuoke. It'll all look like an Indian film to him.

Since GEJ crave for the blessing of the Obas to win election someone should've told him that in Yoruba culture the Oba is 2nd to the gods and their pronouncements are final by the authority of the Orisha/gods.

Therefore, anyone that wants to get their blessing must humble himself before them by prostration while the blessings are being pronounced but Mr. Clueless is too arrogant to prostrate or knell atleast, therefore, all the blessings on him by the Obas are null and void infact they could turn to curses.

King Sunny Ade song comes to my mind...E kilo fun omo ode...won ron omo loja ko lo ra ori oni kan wa, eku meje, akara meje, eko meje ati atare meje won wa gunpu won wa gbe fun padi yen padi odensin...osika ma se ika mo, ika apa oni ika o.

#SaiBuhari #VoteForChange #VoteForBuhari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao. FFK and his porous mouth with no principle and dignity - apart from running around like a loose cannon looks like the prototypical Yoruba right now loool. I can't mess with that and the old heads never raised me that way.

I bet these folks don't really know what is stake cos they can't see beyond their nostrils. I'm done with Yorubas, man.

FFK deserves to be shot. That fact cannot be dispuredt. Would you have expected a man of his experiences to act in such abhorring manner?

If they are not ready for the reality, you can only watch and observe. And hope that things don't turn out worse than it is now.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
benzion72:

How is APC any different? The difference is as thick as a thread.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by omonnakoda: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
staff of authority, we yorubas are the best
We may be the best but this is not our finest moment.How is this of benefit to Yorubas
The average human head is somewhere betwen 4 and 5 kilogrammes which is quite a load for the neck. Let us justify this burden and use it often
Why is this happening ? Has it happened before? Why now? Why is this PResident so deserving of this effort? Because............
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by patani(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pointing a staff at you by an Oba is a sign of rebuke! Sign of blessing is done by Irukere!!! E don finish for Jona
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by BoiledPlantain: 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
lol u funny die
Orijin101:

They are swearing for him that he will never win the election and he thinks they are blessing him grin
Re: Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders by sirwilly1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Davo93:

Omo, if to say as the gather around GEJ, say na flog they wan flog am, this one go be die o. But still #GEJtill2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Suspends Dino Melaye Recall / Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / People Seen Crawling As PDP Gubernatorial Primary Election Turns Violent In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.