Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? (14714 Views)

I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by phabulux: 6:14am On Mar 08, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Stop deceiving yourself. A Christian who decides to marry a Muslim is not a Christian. You can't serve two masters at a time, you either choose one Jesus or Mohammed... No real believer of Jesus will ever do such

Do you even do self-analysis?

Nah, I doubt it. You are too thick.

You have 'wool' in your head and not brain.

I'm a believer too, after all, I believe you're one of those in the pulpit only for your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by missionmex(m): 6:15am On Mar 08, 2015
What the Bible is simply saying hear is dont follow his ways (the nagative ones)
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 08, 2015
May God have mercy on you.
phabulux:

Do you even do self-analysis?

Nah, I doubt it. You are too thick.

You have 'wool' in your head and not brain.

I'm a believer too, after all, I believe you're one of those in the pulpit only for your pocket.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by phabulux: 6:20am On Mar 08, 2015
pastorKosiso:
May God have mercy on you.

Amen!

However, I doubt that He has any to spare on you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Xano(m): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Can you explain and link those words regarding to this context .

samuelson06:

How to know an Unbeliever is simple: you ask the person, do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? If person says yes, then how? The person must have confessed the Lordship of Jesus Christ upon his/her life according to Romans 9:10 else the person believed a vain thing.

freshness2020:

2 Corinthians 6:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Always study the bible in different bible translations

In Message translation:
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:
"I'll live in them, move into them; I'll be their God and they'll be my people. So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good," says God. "Don't link up with those who will pollute you. I want you all for myself. I'll be a Father to you; you'll be sons and daughters to me." The Word of the Master, God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2015
BiHung:
this OP na mumu o

that is how they start religious war.

In yoruba land, we learn to live as one...

Na Wa for you ibos....i don tire

What has igbos got to do with this thread?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by 12345DKO(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

And what is that?
It is called excommunication but we are also enjoined to do every thing possible to bring them back to JESUS- Galatians 6 : 1.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 08, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Stop deceiving yourself. A Christian who decides to marry a Muslim is not a Christian. You can't serve two masters at a time, you either choose one Jesus or Mohammed... No real believer of Jesus will ever do such

I'm a sorry to say this but you are simply a disgrace to Christianity. The greatest commandment was that if love, it encompasses ethnic, religious and social differences.Pastor my foot! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by arimahoseloka(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

An Unbeliever is someone who does not believe on our Lord Jesus Christ. Such a person is an enemy.
an enemy? pls don't make Christianity sound like those boko haram fanatics.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by arimahoseloka(m): 6:32am On Mar 08, 2015
OGAofBOSS:
How do you intend to win them over? Is it when you are unfriendly to them?
help me ask them o. they are not thinking well at all.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

An Unbeliever is someone who does not believe on our Lord Jesus Christ. Such a person is an enemy.

How do you sleep? You are an enemy to only yourself!All this hypocrites, who carry big bibles after committing atrocities behind closed ddoors . Prrrrrrrrh! !!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by leke12(m): 6:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Which one is unbeliever Everyone is a believer,u believe in a religion another persons believes in another religion.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by salam8528: 6:41am On Mar 08, 2015
to some people ones u dont believe jesus is God hes utomaticaly a non beleiver. Jesus has prove to you in many verses that hes not God but u people keep on twisting the holy books jst to suit ur taste. Please v u ever think y their are many versions of the holy book. I know where the OP is driving this matter to election is here and some people hide in topics lyk dis to create hatered so that u will vite for their pay masters. Please be wise

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by blackjack21(m): 6:50am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

yea, Steve jobs who make that ipon you're typing from is your Enemy
The internet, as it has been, is the product of your enemy.
What the heck have you been doing all your life, making foes?

undecided

06:46:21
Sun, Mar 8, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Reference(m): 6:50am On Mar 08, 2015
redsun:
Light and darkness don't mix. When Christians befriends rational people,they tend to free up from their self imposed bondage. They let go their reluctance to look further.

Very right. That is why the scripture I quoted is the most balanced one I can find and has been my anchor in these issues. Also when you look at the life and times of Jesus you will find clear manifestations.

That relationships between believers and unbelievers cannot exist and operate on equal footings. And I speak of non institutionalised relationships such as friendships, associations and partnerships.

Institutionalised relationships such as marraige are sacrosanct, must be between believers because these are purpose built by God himself.

The bible never said we should not have relations with unbelievers. We are just not to love their WAYS and FOLLOW after them because these will often put us at variance with God's laws, commands, ordinances and statutes. But often we have to interact with them to accomplish God's Will and purpose so the scripture mandates us to always be in charge of the relationship in all aspects: conversation, mannerism, purpose, etc. We simply cannot be the junior partner in friendships with unbelievers.

Test: Stand for the Truth in all matters. If there is constant dispute or misunderstanding and you remain resolute, that friendship is spiritually healthy. If you find yourself being 'led' down the aisle, the Holy Spirit will sound the alarm and you will have to eject or crash.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by igbo2011(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2015
Hidden History of The Nile - Religious Evolution & The Holy Trinity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yK3EdnC9Vs
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Skako(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Xristianity na wash
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by suptol(m): 6:59am On Mar 08, 2015
my answer to that question is in form of a question. How can a believer preach Christ to an unbeliever if he doesnt take a take of becoming his friend?

There is no how u can be free with me if u were a stranger to me.

And no way of expressing God's love to me if u were a stranger.

I think in my own little way, have been able to answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 08, 2015
DaZion:
As we are now in this world.Many christians don't even bother to know whether is closest friend is a believer or unbeliever...
Some even choose an unbeliever as their partner and mentor without knowing that they are diverting their spiritual life into an unspiritual life...

Brethren, Is it right/good to have close friendship with an unbeliever as a christian?
psalm1:1 answers this.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks for the insult. I never was against associating with Muslims because i have Muslim friends even an imam is my friend. I am against marrying a Muslim as a Christian. Thank you and God bless.
EggovinMma:

I'm a sorry to say this but you are simply a disgrace to Christianity. The greatest commandment was that if love, it encompasses ethnic, religious and social differences.Pastor my foot! Nonsense!
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Reference(m): 7:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Xano:

always study bible scriptures with different bible translations.

in Message translation:
2 Corinthians 6:14-16
Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a patnership out of right and wrong? That's not patnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way: "I'll live in them, move into them; I'll be their God and they'll be my people..."

And you should also try and understand scriptures. I often liken the bible to a tent of habitation having poles at the ends with the canopy covering in between. A lot of Christians often dwell on the edges, the extremeties of God's Will and subject themselves to untennable and sometimes embarassing situations.

Leave the edges where the sun and rain reaches and dwell in the centre. Yes Satan is at one end doesn't mean you should rush to the other end. God has put you in charge and has given you wisdom and power to amongst other things handle relationships.

The Pharisees were shocked Jesus could sit and dine with sinners because they dwell where you are, on the extremes of scripture, you are hanging on the tent pole. Come down and stay with Jesus in the centre and relate if you may with wisdom and power. Be in charge of the conversation, be the Light of the friendship because the day he will send you like he sent Peter to an unbeliever what are you going to do, disobey? And be like the man who is selling water from his borehole to the neighbourhood but put a big, hostile dog in his yard. It doesn't make sense.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by slap1(m): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

Lol. Calm down. I want to ask you: can you stay in the same house with any member of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram? See, you crush an enemy. It's either they are with us or they are against us. Either light or darkness. Either friend or foe.
I don't really share this view. You sound slightly fanatical.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Thanks for the insult. I never was against associating with Muslims because i have Muslim friends even an imam is my friend. I am against marrying a Muslim as a Christian. Thank you and God bless.

That wasn' t an insult. I was prophesied to tell you the truth.God knows I have passed my message across.As for your Muslim friends who you pretend to love, I pity them. So much for being a pastor.God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by amparas(m): 7:18am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

Enemy shocked . Are u serious? No practice hate religion ooo abeg

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by jegonvelli: 7:18am On Mar 08, 2015
So me that I only believe Jesus is the Christ I'm I a believer or not?
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by clemz88(m): 7:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Don't be equally yoked with the unbelievers

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 08, 2015
There is no relationship between a believer and an unbeliver. Period. Follow peace with all men still evil communication corrupts good manners (what has light got to do with darkness)
EggovinMma:

That wasn' t an insult. I was prophesied to tell you the truth.God knows I have passed my message across.As for your Muslim friends who you pretend to love, I pity them. So much for being a pastor.God bless.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2015
clemz88:
Don't be equally yoked with the unbelievers
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by slap1(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2015
Luke: 5. 30. And the Pharisees and their scribes made protests against his disciples, saying, Why do you take food and drink with tax-farmers and sinners? 31. And Jesus, answering, said to them, Those who are well have no need of a medical man, but those who are ill. 32. I have come, not to get the upright, but sinners, so that they may be turned from their sins.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2015
slap1:
I don't really share this view. You sound slightly fanatical.

This people are highly hypocritical. Sometimes I wonder what actually runs through their heads. BOKO haram kills other Muslims who criticise them o . Some Christians are so wicked that even the devil will shudder. Can you imagine someone calling unbelievers enemies?Have dey forgotten the parable of the Good Samaritan? Wow! I pray not to come an inch close to religious fanatics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2015
pastorKosiso:
There is no relationship between a believer and an unbeliver. Period. Follow peace with all men still evil communication corrupts good manners (what has light got to do with darkness)

slap1:
Luke: 5. 30. And the Pharisees and their scribes made protests against his disciples, saying, Why do you take food and drink with tax-farmers and sinners? 31. And Jesus, answering, said to them, Those who are well have no need of a medical man, but those who are ill. 32. I have come, not to get the upright, but sinners, so that they may be turned from their sins.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Rosicrucian Order And Its Multiple Lies / Private Christian Universities: Faith In Deception? / Full Text Of President Buhari’s Eid-el-Fitr Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.