Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo (15205 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of Human Existence And The Immortality Of Religion. / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
DProDG:
I'm yet to see at least a video of such an event and you expect me to even consider traveling across country to get a glimpse.
If there's one thing any skeptic is correct about regarding these mumbo-jumbo of ours, it's the fact no video has ever been made on these claims which is why I am willing to make video but there's another challenge that comes with making videos on these claims. One is the possible dismissal of it contents as not properly carried out under scientific-approved condition, secondly is the sociocultural attitude peculiar among people of foreign countries who quickly take pictures and videos of anything happening in the immediate environment, but not Nigerians, for instance I have asked myself why haven't none of those who bear witness to happenings that are supernatural video-recorded one at least, I came to the conclusion that not only does it not occur to them, but also because of the possibility of the fright and dread that overwhelms an onlooker who has a smartphone in his pocket upon seeing something as baffling and stupefying as a raving masquerade vanishing and re-appearing in the public would be to dumbfounded to bring it out and start video-shooting. I don't know if you are a Nigerian or not, but I can tell you that it will never occur to any Nigerian who upon bearing witness to an incident where someone is repeatedly shot at but only for the bullets refusal to hit the subject will bring out a phone/video camera to start recording it. There this sort of response folks residing in other countries exhibit towards public occurrences that Nigerians don't have. A Nigerian care less to video-shoot a cat prancing across an highway road with cars speeding by without getting hit, but a foreigner will make sure he/she captures that once-in-a-life time event of a stupid cat because he/she knows such a video will make some people's day on YouTube. But we don't think like that here.

DProDG:
I wonder what the other 'challenges' are.
One of the other two challenges will be offered to Pr0ton below

Pr0ton:
@ghostofsparta
You call this thing of yours scientific.
Yes scientific however not in a logical but metaphysical sense.

Pr0ton:
If that's the case it should be observable and experimentable.
The same goes with it.
Pr0ton:
Science goes with theories like if I do this and that, this will happen. Yours too should have something of sort.
First of all, it's not mine. It's the world's but best articulated by certain ethnicity throughout the world, some have their lost or eroded while others still have their intact till today. As for it to bear theories, I believe with proper scientific researches and investigations conducted upon certain of them, theories, rules and laws can be deduced. This is the position I insert myself. I am a loner in this field of interest i.e. Yoruban metaphysics. I have a completely different view concerning our ancestral believe system including the deistic and the so-believed paranormal part of it within which centuries of esoteric knowledge capable of yielding observable event that can be deemed supernatural are embodied.
Pr0ton:
Tell me do some stuff here and let me see the magic happen. No need of travelling far distance. In fact, the need of travelling in the first place has, to some extent, rendered it inauthentic. Like a guy said earlier, upload some videos to serve as proof. Why not give a try.
I'd prefer a skeptic residing here in Nigeria to show up for a demonstration rather than recording a video that can be easily discredited as altered with special effect software. However, if you are still open for a challenge, here's what can be done...a webcam to webcam connection is set up wherein you show the juju performer at my end an handkerchief or glass bottle to which live and direct you will observe how the handkerchief or glass-bottle is affected remotely. If you agree to this, then the next thing is for you and I to stipulate and agree upon a protocol, terms and condition that translates to either a failure or success.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
In the meantime, check out this post and tell me how a these kind of YAS can be demonstrated or derive a scientific theory from:
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

After watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anMEv923HRU

Ask from your locality what Osanyin is. Seek it and interrogate the talking doll Knight of atheism is scared of.

When you done with this, you can talk about next thing

What does this Osanyi do? Does it have supernatural powers?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

i learnt that CJTF head was shot by the army and bullets could not penetrate into his body. The newspapers aired it.

Which news paper published this news please, can you post a link?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The plea by the JTF chairman did not go down well with the armed soldiers and in the ensuing confusion, the chairman of the civilian JTF was shot four times, but the soldiers missed their target.

A police inspector overseeing the gate of the shopping complex was hit on the nose by stray bullet and is now receiving medical attention at an undisclosed hospital.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/pandemonium-in-yola-as-soldierscivilian-jtf-clash/

Do you know what Ayeta is?

It is simply bullet deflecter. Yes this is real charm

do you know why the CJTF and hunters are doing well better than your well funded soldiers and big machines?

What is your conclusion?

CJTF doing better than the Nigerian military according to which report please? The civilian JTF also use guns, even with the CJTF Boko Haram has taken over territories where the members of the CJTF used to control and drove them away. The CJTF have record little successes but their sucesss is nothing compared to the gains made by the Nigerian military. Most of the gains against Boko Haram were recorded by the Nigerian military. The members of the Boko Haram sect use more charms than the members of the CJTF. Their dead bodies are covered with different charms. If the charms work then why are they been killed like flies now that the Nigerian government has have finally decided to crush them because the president finally realized that he will lose the election if he doesn't take a decisive step against the insurgents?

Below is a picture of the CJTF. They also use guns not African juju when fighting Boko Haram.

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
@ghostofsparta of course you should expect us, skeptics, to acknowledge the power of photoshop. Not saying we're going to outright assume it was altered but that will always remain a possibility in our minds. The video I suggested is just to show us what we should expect or what we're working with. Depending on how convincing it is, we'll know whether the 'real thing' is worth seeing in person.

Although a simple video for the public would have been more convenient, I'll consider the webcam thingy. Maybe we can discuss the details later in private.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by johnydon22(m): 9:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
dalaman:

What does this Osanyi do? Does it have supernatural powers?

Just watched the video.. just some dude squishing one instrument, takes a dry gin and gives some to some idol he carrys around then resumes the squishing... lmao.. nothing spirity.. grin
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Pr0ton:
@ghostofsparta

You call this thing of yours scientific. If that's the case it should be observable and experimentable. Science goes with theories like if I do this and that, this will happen. Yours too should have something of sort. Tell me do some stuff here and let me see the magic happen. No need of travelling far distance. In fact, the need of travelling in the first place has, to some extent, rendered it inauthentic. Like a guy said earlier, upload some videos to serve as proof. Why not give a try.

I went through one of the links the other guy shared and ghostofsparta was talking about how he saw people disappearing through walls and other incredible tales.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
ghostofsparta:
In the meantime, check out this post and tell me how a these kind of YAS can be demonstrated or derive a scientific theory from:

Neither gbekude or oyeku have any bearing on current scientific knowledge. Isn't it the job of the 'YAS people' to demonstrate it and prove it works? undecided
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Just watched the video.. just some dude squishing one instrument, takes a dry gin and gives some to some idol he carrys around then resumes the squishing... lmao.. nothing spirity.. grin

The ventriloquist in the video below does a far better job than the Osanyi doll in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL357BrwK7c

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by johnydon22(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
dalaman:

The ventriloquist in the video below does a far better job than the Osanyi doll in my opinion.

surely.. grin
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
dalaman:

Lmao! OMA! This made my day grin
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
johnydon22:

surely.. grin

If the ventriloquist was a Nigerian and owns a shrine some where in the bush, many will claim he has supernatural abilities and create many tales from his act and spread it like wild fire.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by johnydon22(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
dalaman:

If the ventriloquist was a Nigerian and owns a shrine some where in the bush, many will claim he has supernatural abilities and create many tales from his act and spread it like wild fire.

ofcus...
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 12:05am On Mar 14, 2015
DProDG:

Neither gbekude or oyeku have any bearing on current scientific knowledge. Isn't it the job of the 'YAS people' to demonstrate it and prove it works? undecided
When and where have I stated those YAS has bearing on current scientific bearing? I cited the source in order to infer that not all metaphysical-based effects can be scientifically deconstructed.

dalaman:

I went through one of the links the other guy shared and ghostofsparta was talking about how he saw people disappearing through walls and other incredible tales.
Really? Well yeah. Were you expecting me to deny it ? Infact you should have quote it here for your mockery to be effective rather presenting what you obviously must have misread out of context.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by soopamom: 12:14am On Mar 14, 2015
wiegraf:

That's sort of my point
That awkward moment when you have to explain your sarcastic comment...lol!
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 12:53am On Mar 14, 2015
@FOLYKAZE

If you may recall, I unnderstand we've discussed Osayin at great length in the past, period before that Nairalandpocalypse occurred which wiped it off including so many interesting topicS we could have directed these new atheists spawn to, it's waste of time typing only about an aspect of Osayin i.e. the direct communicative aspect of Osayin to this new comers. Anyone saying no such energy as Osayin should meet up with a genuine Osayin priests for a prove of its capability, and if you still doubts that its shady, well... using the disciplined art of Ventriloquism [which is basically the throwing of a human voice at an object or effigy in order to bring about an illusion that makes a manned puppet seem as though it is talking back after been spoken to] to rationalize the mechanism behind Osayin is even flattering on the side of those Osayin priests of ancient time because that must imply ventriloquism has it roots in Yorubaland like some other things.

@pr0ton @DProDG @dalaman @johnydon22
An Osayin which can be configured for all you Atheists (provided you've be initiated into the Osayin) and at your own privacy, you will be communicating with the natural intelligent one on one, for instance it may even tell you when your girlfriend is about to approach your place. It can tell you there's danger ahead of where you are going, instead of you to examine if it is for real or ventriloquy based, you are relishing in the usage of western logic to debunk what you know nothing about, you guys think I wasn't like you before, okay let say the Osayin, A 512bit CHAPPiE-like non-mechanical robot that has multitude of purposes depending on how it is conceive is a hoax, how about a Shigidi? or Lukudi? Mind you, these energies has been existing even before the earliest documented history so don't bother googling the them because I'm certain it's likely you may read a skewed and incorrectly written article about them. Pr0ton, Seek the elders and do your researches.
ruly our Yoruba ancestors were the wisest.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 14, 2015
ghostofsparta

Asserting something with increasing conviction doesn't make it any more believable.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 3:18am On Mar 14, 2015
DProDG:
ghostofsparta

Asserting something with increasing conviction doesn't make it any more believable.
Ofcourse it doesn't, besides I'm not an Abrahamist who asserts their religion-based world view as though it's the ultimate and only truth there is. I believe I was only responding to the OP in a way that somehow still gives FOLYKAZE some backing since he summoned my name in his quotes.

Until either I come up with something concrete or proceed on an agreed upon demonstration, this is why I hardly response on subject of this nature these days and instead cast my interest on NL ladies.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by Unbias: 5:25am On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

So you are saying they can't perform voodoo over there and let me get the effect here? What sort of voodoo is that? Have you also gone there to confirm the authencity of their voodoo that makes you affirm such claim here? Or are you just spewing trash?

I will not waste my time on an ignorant and yet arrogant fellow who probably has little or no research orientation and unwilling to learn but eager to throw insults.

Unfortunately you do not realize your level of ignorance on this subject and also not ready to carry out any research on it. So it is extremely difficult to help you.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by dalaman: 6:31am On Mar 14, 2015
ghostofsparta:

@pr0ton @DProDG @dalaman @johnydon22
An Osayin which can be configured for all you Atheists (provided you've be initiated into the Osayin) and at your own privacy, you will be communicating with the natural intelligent one on one, for instance it may even tell you when your girlfriend is about to approach your place. It can tell you there's danger ahead of where you are going, instead of you to examine if it is for real or ventriloquy based, you are relishing in the usage of western logic to debunk what you know nothing about, you guys think I wasn't like you before, okay let say the Osayin, A 512bit CHAPPiE-like non-mechanical robot that has multitude of purposes depending on how it is conceive is a hoax, how about a Shigidi? or Lukudi? Mind you, these energies has been existing even before the earliest documented history so don't bother googling the them because I'm certain it's likely you may read a skewed and incorrectly written article about them. Pr0ton, Seek the elders and do your researches.
ruly our Yoruba ancestors were the wisest.

A video of the Osanyi you are making all these incredible tales and assertion about was posted here. It says nothing about what you are alleging. Just a doll making sounds and a man claiming to interpret the sound it's making and claiming the doll is talking . Go make your own Osanyi with a verifiable claim and display it here for us all to see. That's how we all learn and accept things.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2015
@Ghostofsparta

You are doing a great job here but I think this people you are doing it does not worth the energy you are wasting.

I could remember in 2009 till this very moment, this issue has been argued with nothing to bring out of it. All we had is just load of words that ran through 70 pages on nairaland. All we had is numerous thread and heated argument that yield no result than insult on the both sides.

I have tactfully ignore all forms of argument here because it is fruitless. The challenge is there, it is their choice to pick it up or leave it for those that are bold enough. We know the serious ones and the noisemakers. We know the chicken little and the fox. We know Mazaje, Logicboy and there likes. We know rationalmind, uyiiredia and there likes. We know what each person stand for.

We have challenged them and stand on what we said even till tomorrow. I will advise you quit arguing with them. We are not harming anybody so they should be bold enough to come out for the challenge. I dont have £10,000 as promised by Mazaje but I can still give some token as a prize for anyone that prove ineffectiveness of Ogun esp Osanyin speaking through ventriloquitic process.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2015
dalaman:

A video of the Osanyi you are making all these incredible tales and assertion about was posted here. It says nothing about what you are alleging. Just a doll making sounds and a man claiming to interpret the sound it's making and claiming the doll is talking . Go make your own Osanyi with a verifiable claim amd display it here for us all to see. That's how we all learn and accept things.

Oh Ghost. Did you tell this guy you are initiated to Osanyin cult and know how to build Osanyin?

And you wonder what, this guy is asking you to bring it here. How can one put something to a test without contact? How do we test efficancy of something on internet? They want you to come with a video so as to argue it is editted or manipulated to look like fact given evidence. The world is crazy.

OP, NO lot words. You guys have been challenged. Can you come out, have a conversation with Osanyin and prove it voice is from outside of it?
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2015
I thought they had real claim of supernatural powers, now its so low to fall down to ventiloquitic skills... mtcheeeeew...

You guys should call me when you have proof of supernatural powers and i dont see that happening anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by ghostofsparta(m): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oh Ghost. Did you tell this guy you are initiated to Osanyin cult and know how to build Osanyin?

And you wonder what, this guy is asking you to bring it here. How can one put something to a test without contact? How do we test efficancy of something on internet? They want you to come with a video so as to argue it is editted or manipulated to look like fact given evidence. The world is crazy.

OP, NO lot words. You guys have been challenged. Can you come out, have a conversation with Osanyin and prove it voice is from outside of it?
This is the reason why I almost wanted to ask you back then to stop presenting that Osayin youtube video because not only would it be easily dismissed given its displaced amateur-like video coverage and also because even among the [b]ONISESE[b]s who are warned to be wary of those claiming Osayin mastery for there has been cases of fraudulent people since the introduction of western technology in Yorubaland who claim to communicate with said Osayin only to deceive unsuspecting clients to have a session with it, while they use some combination of quite complex piped-sound system connected to t reach of someone else far in another room. This I learned has been happening since in the 70s and it took those genuine Osayin specialists and Babalawo to expose the sham. That's one of the major issues with ancestral believe system in this age, there are no body, or agency or council that approves, endorse, regulate, approve, condemn, hunt and apprehend those involving themselves in the heinous acts of money rituals and other ills twisted minded so-called rogue Babalawo and Oniseguns justify or maintain to commit evil in the name of our traditional believe system for their desperate clients.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kimco(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2015
Jameselias:
this has noting to do with my questions, at all,
answer my questions: is prayer the same as vodoo? Have they ever fully employed vodoo? Yes or no,

Well I remember ubuntu prez of zaire employed four juju men to help win a match for them in the world cup. It so happens that they conceded some of the highest scoreline in world cup history. So it's yh...they've had a full employment of it. I wonder if ubuntu lashed them too like he did the coach and some players.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kimco(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
blym4real:

How do yahoo guys command their lovers to send them money.
Explain Money Ritual.

The yahoo thing I doubt it's magic. There is a reason they always target older women who are mostly single and mostly fat and ugly. Them going for the juju is jux a placebo effect...more like juju in football.

The money ritual I also really want to know cos there is one village in the western part of Ghana known for beheading strangers for money and they do become very rich. So I too want the atheist to explain dat.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by blym4real: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
kimco:

The yahoo thing I doubt it's magic. There is a reason they always target older women who are mostly single and mostly fat and ugly. Them going for the juju is jux a placebo effect...more like juju in football.

The money ritual I also really want to know cos there is one village in the western part of Ghana known for beheading strangers for money and they do become very rich. So I too want the atheist to explain dat.
Most yahoo guys stuff is pure voodoo. Sending thousands of dollar to a lover you have never met physically even sometimes millions.
Go to lautech and ask them, you will know what am talking about
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kimco(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
Unbias:

I will not waste my time on an ignorant and yet arrogant fellow who probably has little or no research orientation and unwilling to learn but eager to throw insults.

Unfortunately you do not realize your level of ignorance on this subject and also not ready to carry out any research on it. So it is extremely difficult to help you.

Calm down dude. I'd like to see u make a vid of the supernatural happening. I simply love this thread. Let us (atleast me) worry about the vid's authenticity.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kimco(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
@Ghostofsparta

You are doing a great job here but I think this people you are doing it does not worth the energy you are wasting.

I could remember in 2009 till this very moment, this issue has been argued with nothing to bring out of it. All we had is just load of words that ran through 70 pages on nairaland. All we had is numerous thread and heated argument that yield no result than insult on the both sides.

I have tactfully ignore all forms of argument here because it is fruitless. The challenge is there, it is their choice to pick it up or leave it for those that are bold enough. We know the serious ones and the noisemakers. We know the chicken little and the fox. We know Mazaje, Logicboy and there likes. We know rationalmind, uyiiredia and there likes. We know what each person stand for.

We have challenged them and stand on what we said even till tomorrow. I will advise you quit arguing with them. We are not harming anybody so they should be bold enough to come out for the challenge. I dont have £10,000 as promised by Mazaje but I can still give some token as a prize for anyone that prove ineffectiveness of Ogun esp Osanyin speaking through ventriloquitic process.

Don't be like dat. The burden of truth lies with those who claim it potency not those who deny it. I believe in juju ( in some cases) however I too haven't seen it in action. I'd like a video atleast to wet my appetite. How about a video of the juju taking out one acre of land and making it float in the air. Shouldn't be so hard.
Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by kimco(m): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
blym4real:

Most yahoo guys stuff is pure voodoo. Sending thousands of dollar to a lover you have never met physically even sometimes millions.
Go to lautech and ask them, you will know what am talking about

I jux told u that the people they scam are people who are desperate, lonely, fat, old and ugly. People like dat are likely to do anything for a chance of happiness and love. That's why they do wat they do. Jux like a singly 30 something african woman is willing to sleep with a pastor if it means she'll get a suitor to marry. Desperation does that to u. Psychology 201: persuasion techniques.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo by blym4real: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
kimco:

I jux told u that the people they scam are people who are desperate, lonely, fat, old and ugly. People like dat are likely to do anything for a chance of happiness and love. That's why they do wat they do. Jux like a singly 30 something african woman is willing to sleep with a pastor if it means she'll get a suitor to marry. Desperation does that to u. Psychology 201: persuasion techniques.

Am sure you have never come in contact with those yahoo guys or even live around them.
Ask any lautech student they will shed more light to it.
It not only women that are victims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever / How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / Is It True That The Word "LOVE" Is Not In The Quran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.