Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31059 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dokyOloye: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Aiya if only you know how my kids lived, your father would have commited suicide if he see the kind of life my driver lived.

Your life has reached its peak and can never go any further, I am made man up to my 5th generation and beyond and it is a carry on from my forebears

Thank God you agree you father once sell lacasera and gala. I'm sure he must have upgraded to Okrika now by Yaba railway line.
Lol,see this lazy oily soup man.Made men will NEVER EVER talk d way U do.How Ur father lived,how Ur children live?Do U frigging know me?Park well abeg.Ask Ur herb and root seller brothers who live in d east and they will tell U that d indigenes of Nnewi in Anambra state alone can buy the whole Nigeria including Dangote and co,just ask.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by JEITO: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ok! So should we extend your stay in office by another 8months?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
wisewisewise:
OBVIOUSLY FASHOLA IS VERY CAPABLE AND CONFIDENT. HE CAN DO IT ONLY IF HE WANTS TO.
NOT LIKE MR. CLUELESS CORRUPTION.
SINCE GOODLUCCK ABI BADLUCK CAME, NO RELIABLE POWER SUPPLY. ONLY RELIABLE BLACKOUTS AND ENDLESS EXCUSES WHY THERE IS NO POWER. ALL SORTS OF FUNNY EXCUSES FOR YRARS BUT NO POWER SUPPLY. JONATHAN'S "I WILL DO " HAS FAILED NOT ONLY NIGERIANS BUT THE WORLD

Chrtistine Armanpour refered him as a failed president
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by onatisi(m): 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
[s]
aresa:

What can you do or achieve in life after spending your whole life belittling and defeating yourself, thinking you can not achieve this and that because of this and that.

You people have zero sense of vision and initiative, you lack any kind of capacity to challenge yourself.

Are we surprised that the same Fashola is the most productive public official in the history of Nigeria?
[/s]address the issues raised and stop talking like a cattle rearer. Has fashola been able to provide good roads in lagos state after 8solid years in office despite the fact that he generates 10billion naira monthly apart from federal allocation to lagos state?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by surplus2015: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kingspin:
Sir, your eight years is a waste. You failed to transform Lagos to New York and u have almost spending 8years in office. The same way they want GEJ to do it overnight within first tenure. We must be realistic on issues on ground. Give Fashola another 4years, he cannot to do. We need patience for goodthings to develop. Nigerians give Jonathan another 4years and you will not regret it.

What have he don fo the past few years he has being there just pocketing our money fashola do his best in Lagos even we no that him too chop 9ja money but we saw a little things he did in 2001 can anyone tell me how oshodi was then so we did not ask Mr presido to change 9ja to NEW YORK OR LONDON we just want him to do his best and he has fail him self not me if GEJ go for another 4years in that office as a president of a federal republic of nigeria that mean GEJ will sell us all
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by klbakare(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol, if u can, y didn't u do that since?
Abegi.... give I six to eight months ke... in orderwords u r indirectly campaigning for Ambode...
Meaning if he is voted in, the contract will still b in check..
Rubbish, Mr man, u r not diff from every other politician.
Lies lies lies
.mtcheww I don tire for all of una abegi
At some point I thought this man had sense, I had so much regard for him until of resent , I never knew he was this petty with all his noise n rantings, abegi, leave talk for fayose,

I hate fools lyk u who jes drop comment without understanding d topic. THERE ARE LIMITS TO STATE POWER GENERATION, ARE YOU DEAF? Oponu apoda!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Horrlah(f): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
wisewisewise:
Mr OLADD THANK GOD FOR YOUR NAME. OLADD SAME AS DULLARDD.
DON'T DIVERT ATTENTION FROM HELPLESS NEAR TOTAL BLACKOUT ALL OVER NIGERIA.

DULLADD. NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT PIPE BORNE WATER.
WHO NEEDS GOVERNMENT PIPE BORNE WATER?
I HAVE MY. BOREHOLES.
WILL WE CONTINUE TO USE GENERATORS FOR LIFE

O su mi oooo*i tire ooo* I no knw how much dem dey do borehole
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
wow! good drycleaner, you sabi wash weller!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Ashiere, oloshi masheanfani, omoirankiran,

Tell your mum I'm back, she can come now.

Ohhh i am sorry if i have pissed you off omo fashola...cry cry baby...apc riff-rat. GEJ till you mature.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
surplus2015:

What have he don fo the past few years he has being there just pocketing our money fashola do his best in Lagos even we no that him too chop 9ja money but we saw a little things he did in 2001 can anyone tell me how oshodi was then so we did not ask Mr presido to change 9ja to NEW YORK OR LONDON we just want him to do his best and he has fail him self not me if GEJ go for another 4years in that office as a president of a federal republic of nigeria that mean GEJ will sell us all

Is oshodi a reference point for development?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Aiya if only you know how my kids lived, your father would have commited suicide if he see the kind of life my driver lived.

Your life has reached its peak and can never go any further, I am made man up to my 5th generation and beyond and it is a carry on from my forebears

Thank God you agree you father once sell lacasera and gala. I'm sure he must have upgraded to Okrika now by Yaba railway line.
a guy selling okirika can be wealthier than u- even though I doubt a made man can write the gibberrish u just typed .I guess ur children no longer lives plushly since u typed "how my kids lived" in past tense.perhaps taking to the road to sell gala can bring back those days.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
klbakare:

I hate fools lyk u who jes drop comment without understanding d topic. THERE ARE LIMITS TO STATE POWER GENERATION, ARE YOU DEAF? Oponu apoda!

What limits? The limit that made peter odili construct a 150 mega watt power plant in rivers about 8 years ago
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
surplus2015:

That is what Tinubu has been selling to you. Who told u Fashola did well and GEJ did not. If Fashola did well am telling you that jonathan did and he is doing it well for Nigeria forget media wars on papers and social media.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by surplus2015: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Is oshodi a reference point for development?

Even if oshodi is not a references point let your so call president to make 9ja look like oshodi for the three weeks that remains for election and see if we are not going to vote for him
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Ahmeduana(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

I think you probably need education and enlightenment of the Law governing Power generation in Nigeria.

It is solely within the purview of the Federal Government of republic of Nigeria and no single state government can generate more than a certain amount without sending it to the National Grid.

Fashola is saying Allow me handle it, I will perform what you think is impossible.

Tinubu did same with ENRON but NEPA said he cannot go ahead without following their guidelines.
BOLA IGE TALK PASS LIKE THIS WE KNOW SEE HALF MEGAWAT!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by emmyjack2007(m): 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

Who is fooling who here. Our governor ve spend 8 yrs bt he did not do anything concerning power now u want federal Gvt to give u eight months and lagos state wii ve stuble power pls governor come to isolo over three months now no light and I ask who is fooling who

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by surplus2015: 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kingspin:
That is what Tinubu has been selling to you. Who told u Fashola did well and GEJ did not. If Fashola did well am telling you that jonathan did and he is doing it well for Nigeria forget media wars on papers and social media.

Man if GEJ did well why are we not seeing it for the fact that any state that is under APC for now does state have change from one way to the other GEJ may be a good person but he has alow does under him to spoil his administrations so we have no one to blame but him cos his our president
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Raiders: 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kingspin:
can you please list GEJ achievements apart from pouring tar on some roads and replacing air condition in some airport terminals. GEJ is a failure as a president.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by libertyfather(m): 11:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
OLADD:
Hmmmm. Boasting of ability to provide light in 6 months but cannot provide ordinary pipe borne water for Lagosians in 16 years! Why are Nigerians like these for God's sake? How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves?

So pipe borne water is ur problem?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by libertyfather(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:

Oya start to dey mention? Even a whole G7 dudes talk life on national Tv this afternoon nothing particlar they can say that the president do just attacking the opposition and lieing thinking all of us are fools like you people
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by babawella: 12:09am On Mar 11, 2015
i dont always comment on issues on nl but the level of discussion a times to drop some few lines. seeing people comment on the statement
made by fashola and claimingg generating both quantitative and qualitative power for Lagos is not possible really shows the level of thinking or should i say information at the disposal of our people. cus if we understand the law regulating power in Nigeria
most people here will say smtin different. the truth is dat power gencos nd discos are sold bt government is holdin on to d third critical component of the value chain which is transmission. in oda words if u like generate 100,000mw of power nd av capacity to distribute, without gud transmission u ar goin nowhere. nd if u generate as a state or coy beyond 10mw u av to send d excess to d national grid dat d transmission is nt ok thereby resultin to loss of power nd money to d generatin party instead of allowing d party dat generate to sell to people in her locality dat want ti buy d excess nd get money to generate more so dat d process ll continue till power gets better nd better. so dis is wat fashola is sayin, amend d law to allow people to generate nd sell so dat state nd company dat has capacity can do dat, get more power into d system .d recoup there money in d process. ask dangote y he is nt buildin more power plant in all his factories nd he ll tell u better on his experience in obajana. so my dear nairalanda, fashola is not sayin he WILL bt he CAN if d law allow Lagos to generate more nd sell directly to Lagosia.s without first snd to d grid which will transmit it ti where its less needed e.g. bukuru, umudi and ikole ekiti. ask me nd i belie he can with help of diff willin coys in lagos if d law allow nd stop protectin the present discos and gencos by wantin dem to first mk more dan enough at d expense of nigerians dat urgently nid power.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by predentstats: 12:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Fashola! So its true that u only work on Ikeja, Island and (your) Surulere....there is God ooo.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by XwhY(m): 12:16am On Mar 11, 2015
wisewisewise:
Mr OLADD THANK GOD FOR YOUR NAME. OLADD SAME AS DULLARDD.
DON'T DIVERT ATTENTION FROM HELPLESS NEAR TOTAL BLACKOUT ALL OVER NIGERIA.

DULLADD. NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT PIPE BORNE WATER.
WHO NEEDS GOVERNMENT PIPE BORNE WATER?
I HAVE MY. BOREHOLES.
WILL WE CONTINUE TO USE GENERATORS FOR LIFE

I don't read 'all block letters' passage
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 12:26am On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
The entire capacity of lagos ipp is just 47 mega watts and he is here boasting. Why didn't build one with a larger capacity. Even if other states benefit from it, the larger beneficiaries will be lagosians.
It is on record that the first governor to build a power plant in Nigeria is peter odili former governor of rivers state. And he didn't just build one, he built two power plants. That was almost 8 years ago. So if a governor has been able to build 5 power plants with 47 mega watts capacity.that does not even power any lagos household. What he deserves is serious tongue lashing not praises.

Thank you o, abeg help me tell them!! Speak to those applauding Fashola's rhetoric and 'alawada' antics, without taking the trouble to dissect and thoroughly analyse his comments.

Lagos State needs 10,000MW of electricity for steady power supply. It has taken Fashola 5 good years to generate just 47MW of electricity. Is it the 47MW that he wants to sell to the Discos and also use to provide uninterrupted, steady power supply to the entire Lagos metropolis?

Ironically, on the day he launched the Lekki IPP I went down the Lekki-Epe Expressway from Ikate-Elegushi to VGC Estate and guess what?? shocked The entire stretch of the road between Jakande Estate and Ikota junction was in darkness. All the street lights were dead due to lack of power supply.

Think people, think!! Don't be hoodwinked by empty promises, that have no bearing in reality.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bidex(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2015
OLADD:
Hmmmm. Boasting of ability to provide light in 6 months but cannot provide ordinary pipe borne water for Lagosians in 16 years! Why are Nigerians like these for God's sake? How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves?

do you live in Lagos at all?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bidex(m): 12:37am On Mar 11, 2015
laudate:

Thank you o, abeg help me tell them!! Speak to those applauding Fashola's rhetoric and 'alawada' antics, without taking the trouble to dissect and thoroughly analyse his comments.

Lagos State needs 10,000MW of electricity for steady power supply. It has taken Fashola 5 good years to generate just 47MW of electricity. Is it the 47MW that he wants to sell to the Discos and also use to provide uninterrupted, steady power supply to the entire Lagos metropolis?

Ironically, on the day he launched the Lekki IPP I went down the Lekki-Epe Expressway from Ikate-Elegushi to VGC Estate and guess what?? shocked The entire stretch of the road between Jakande Estate and Ikota junction was in darkness. All the street lights were dead due to lack of power supply.

Think people, think!! Don't be hoodwinked by empty promises, that have no bearing in reality.

which one has GEJ generated in 6 years?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 12:43am On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
address the issues raised and stop talking like a cattle rearer. Has fashola been able to provide good roads in lagos state after 8solid years in office despite the fact that he generates 10billion naira monthly apart from federal allocation to lagos state?

Is the issue raised about power or roads or you just like your inability to purvey vision and forward mental capacity, you also lack the ability to read and comprehend simple English words?

Even about your silly focusing on road before power nonsense, is this what the developed societies did? Are you saying the made sure all their roads are constructed and well maintained before focusing on electricity?

In fact, going by your gutter and infantile argument, after 16 years in power and billions stolen, the PDP were waiting to fix all our roads before touching electricity?

Where is the sense in that moronic argument? No wonder your villages haven't commissioned anything since 1999.

Funny how you people have nothing to say about the people responsible for power, the FG and the $20 Billion power funds they stole in return for darkness, but you are siting here castigating folks who are not responsible..

Talk about typical TanOID shallow mentality..
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 12:46am On Mar 11, 2015
bidex:

which one has GEJ generated in 6 years?

Have you heard of 750MW Olorunsogo IPP Phase II?? And the other NIPP Projects in the country??

Read about it here:
The Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited (NDPHC), owners of the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), has refuted reports that the 750 megawatt-capacity Olorunsogo Phase 2 Power Plant built under the NIPP in Ogun State, which was at the weekend inaugurated by President Goodluck Jonathan, had earlier been inaugurated by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

NDPHC’s General Manager in charge of Communication and Public Relations, Mr. Yakubu Lawal, said in a statement on Tuesday that the completion and inauguration of the phase II Olorunsogo plant was another manifestation of President Jonathan’s commitment to deliver on his promises to complete inherited projects.

According to him, what Obasanjo actually inaugurated was the 335 megawatt-capacity Olorunsogo Phase I Power Plant, built by the federal government for the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

He stated that the phase II is a combined circle plant consisting of 4No GE made Gas turbines, 4No Heat Recovery Steam Generators and 2No Steam turbine units each turbine unit of 125MW capacity and a total capacity of 750MW.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-never-inaugurated-olorunsogo-ll-power-station-says-ndphc/202698/
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Jaypea98: 12:47am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

Power generation by State Government that is above 10MWs is illegal to be handled by State government according to the Law except it will generate the Power and transmit to the National Grid.

Are you educated about it now? cure yourself of ignorance first before commenting foolishly.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 12:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
The entire capacity of lagos ipp is just 47 mega watts and he is here boasting. Why didn't build one with a larger capacity. Even if other states benefit from it, the larger beneficiaries will be lagosians.
It is on record that the first governor to build a power plant in Nigeria is peter odili former governor of rivers state. And he didn't just build one, he built two power plants. That was almost 8 years ago. So if a governor has been able to build 5 power plants with 47 mega watts capacity.that does not even power any lagos household. What he deserves is serious tongue lashing not praises.

1. Lagos state built the first IPP/270MW in Nigeria and it's still pumping every MW into the worthless National grid.

Educate yourself and quit embarrassing yourself on the internet.

2. By taking hospitals, schools, bridges, streets, waterworks and other state institutions off the National grid, Fashola in effect sent that freed up 47MW back into the National grid for other Nigerians to use.

3. Fashola not only made sure his hospitals, schools, bridges, roads, courts and other public facilities gets uninterrupted power supply (Which your FG or any government can not do and haven't done since independence), he gave back that 47MW back to Nigerians by taking his facilities off the grid.

Nigerians outside Lagos state are the direct beneficiaries of that 47MW. Not expecting TaNoids to figure this out though...

About powering Lagos household, can not do that by law so what's the meaning of your ignorant argument?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 1:00am On Mar 11, 2015
laudate:

Have you heard of 750MW Olorunsogo IPP Phase II?? And the other NIPP Projects in the country??

Read about it here:

And Nigerians are in even darker darkness...

You people no get shame ni?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 1:09am On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:

And Nigerians are in even darker darkness...

You people no get shame ni?

And your point is... Just what exactly?? Is Fashola's 47MW in 5 years, or 270MW a greater achievement than the 750MW Olorunsogo Phase II IPP Project?

I guess he can always do some abracadabra to stretch the 47MW within 6-8 months to supply uninterrupted electricity to all the 1.6 million homes in Lagos state.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chineye Amaechi Is Dead! Victor Oye's Daughter Dies Of Typhoid And Malaria / Atiku Appoints Dino Melaye, Daniel Bwala As Campaign Spokespersons / 3 PDP Presidential Aspirants Purchase Guber, Senatorial Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.