Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,319 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31092 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by sammhi(m): 6:24am On Mar 11, 2015
Boss13:
I consider this statement an audacious statement. It is not about talking but by doing. Fashola can go to Eko Disco and have the concessionary discussion with them. Eko Disco is now a private power company and their aim is to make money, any idea that will enable them make more money will be welcome.

Fashola take the bold step by approaching them.

the reason we don't have stable power is that the DISCOS make more money when not providing light......why would i work if my pay is same whether i come to work or not....the discos makes money whether you get light or not.... that flat charge of 750 is enough for them....crazy bills and edtimatef bills
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by gabbytabby: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2015
Infrastructure development is an ongoing work for any govt so what is all the talk about finishing all road works before fashola can take on electricity. If it is impossible for una let others with a can do attitude take us to the next level. We need men who realise that power generation is the backbone of industry and will commit to its development instead of all the excuses.

I watch so many young men waste away daily cos no light to get things done and using generator for extended periods is not a viable option.

All the school boys and girls that are asking questions should go back to their class cos this issue is so important that it is for those who proffer solutions.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ibietela2(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2015
plainol:
I can't just pick a sector that this our useless and inept President has transformed.

Your useless father
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2015
libertyfather:

Oya start to dey mention? Even a whole G7 dudes talk life on national Tv this afternoon nothing particlar they can say that the president do just attacking the opposition and lieing thinking all of us are fools like you people
Stop been over partisan APC has long be using the media to lie and propaganda that is why people like u were infected. Stop fellowing Tinubu shadows he cannot be ur mentor.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by tunde1200(m): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2015
olatunji21:
President Babatunde Raji Fashola
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2019 Insha Allah...

Ameen
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2015
YES HE CAN! YES HE CAN!! YES HE CAN!!!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

MODIFIED.
Load of uneducated, misinformed and illiterate comment on this thread.

Power generation is on the Exclusive List of the Federal Government just like Security, Military and INEC.

No state can constitutionally generate more than a certain amount of MWs except THEY WILL SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL GRID FOR OTHERS TO SHARE, so Fashola knows what he is talking about.

LAGOS WON'T STUPIDLY GENERATE POWER FOR JONATAN TO SPREAD, TINUBU TRIED WITH ENRON AND WAS BLOCKED by obasanjo and PHCN.

make PDP comot for road, redemption don come.
i can testify to that of Iju water works
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Raiders:
can you please list GEJ achievements apart from pouring tar on some roads and replacing air condition in some airport terminals. GEJ is a failure as a president.
You can find GEJ achievements in every geo political zones range from railways, roads, aviation, power plants construction, agriculture, auto mobiles, u have the Youwin and Surep programmes. No doubt the first economy in Africa and third fastest growing in the world. You have the time to google them then looking for what Tinubu will say all the time.
A case study: Fashola spending 8years in office yet he has not change Lagos to Texas or New York. How much more a country. We must be realistic and reduce siding politicians focus on issues. If u think any president has done more then GEj let us know. We must struggle to librate ourselves not individuals who are desperate for resource control @centre. The unity of this country is more important. Google Jonathan achievements it all over in the internet.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Myself2(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2015
[size=14pt]After failing woefully in Lagos and after looting the state treasury dry along with his looter-in-chief Thiefnuboo,any people that allows this scheming,pretentious scumbag to smell public office again will do so @ their own peril[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Mufasa27(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2015
olatunji21:
Thats if he decamps to pdp but if not keep dreaming my nigga...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Raiders: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:
You can find GEJ achievements in every geo political zones range from railways, roads, aviation, power plants construction, agriculture, auto mobiles, u have the Youwin and Surep programmes. No doubt the first economy in Africa and third fastest growing in the world. You have the time to google them then looking for what Tinubu will say all the time. A case study: Fashola spending 8years in office yet he has not change Lagos to Texas or New York. How much more a country. We must be realistic and reduce siding politicians focus on issues. If u think any president has done then GEj let us know. We must struggle to librate ourselves not individuals who are desperate for resource control @centre.
how can Fashola change Lagos to Texas or New York when he is just a mere governor. Don't be deceive by Ngozi fake datas about Nigeria economy. We are the 3rd fastest economy only on PAPER. Millions of graduates are unemployed. Abi you didn't see the huge turn out for immigration job scam.
Also you argue like a market woman, Nigeria has the largest population in Africa so its normal for Nigeria to have the largest economy in Africa due to its large population. Its just like India has a larger economy than Belgium and Italy due to its large population. Does that means India economy is better than Italy or Belgium?? Nigeria is number 36 in Africa for GDP per capita person with countries like Libya, SA, Egypt ahead of us.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Dis man never wan leave seat O. No wonder he said he doesnt know his successor. He still wan govern. Bros go sidon turn adviser to d next governor U hear. E don do U!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2015
Raiders:
how can Fashola change Lagos to Texas or New York when he is just a mere governor. Don't be deceive by Ngozi fake datas about Nigeria economy. We are the 3rd fastest economy only on PAPER. Millions of graduates are unemployed. Abi you didn't see the huge turn out for immigration job scam.
Also you argue like a market woman, Nigeria has the largest population in Africa so its normal for Nigeria to have the largest economy in Africa due to its large population. Its just like India has a larger economy than Belgium and Italy due to its large population. Does that means India economy is better than Italy or Belgium?? Nigeria is number 36 in Africa for GDP per capita person with countries like Libya, SA, Egypt ahead of us.
Do we have people unemploye in Lagos? Why cant Fashola employ them since it easy to do overnite. Do we still have bad roads? etc. Wake up to realistic even Obama cannot change Nigeria in 4 or 8years and that is the fact. We have had the same system for almost 50years and yet no results. We must change that old system. Support the national confab very well if u know what it means and that is the restructing am talking about in this Nigeria. Dont be afraid support it today.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Raiders: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:
Do we have people unemploye in Lagos? Why cant Fashola employ them since it easy to do overnite. Do we still have bad roads? etc. Wake up to realistic even Obama cannot change Nigeria in 4 or 8years and that is the fact. I support the national confab very well if u know what it means and that is the restructing am talking about in this Nigeria. Dont be afraid support it today.
why has GEJ not started implementing the national confab that was concluded last yr? Anyway, In a civilized country, its the president that is responsible for job creation and improving the economy. Fashola has tried on his role as a state governor.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 8:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Raiders:
why has GEJ not started implementing the national confab that was concluded last yr? Anyway, In a civilized country, its the president that is responsible for job creation and improving the economy. Fashola has tried on his role as a state governor.
Has tried and GEJ is not trying at all. Siding will elongate our national problem. Do u fellow political events the National confab is key to our genuine growth and Mr president convened the confab last year and said, promise to implement the report if re-elected so that Nigeria will move forward, that has been his msg when he visited the obas, elders of Yoruba land . It is a report were the state will be independent can manage their revenues. And by then we find a competition among states everybody will have eyes on development. We need restructing not change.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by hotwax: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Just as you gave Lagos your phantom mono-rail in 8years undecided undecided undecided

Talk is really cheap

Imagine a stooge challenging the boss

He is talking Electricity, you are talking rail.

PDP locomotive train.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by babestella: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2015
Mr. Fash, how long did it take to plan, design and build the acclaimed 8 megawatt you just commission in Lekki?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ahaz: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/
noise makers.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by apeoyemojo: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

MODIFIED.

Power generation is on the Exclusive List of the Federal Government just like Security, Military and INEC.

No state can constitutionally generate more than a certain amount of MWs except THEY WILL SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL GRID FOR OTHERS TO SHARE, so Fashola knows what he is talking about.

LAGOS WON'T STUPIDLY GENERATE POWER FOR JONATAN TO SPREAD, TINUBU TRIED WITH ENRON AND WAS BLOCKED by obasanjo and PHCN.

. Yourself and your pauymaster-Fashola are both fools. The power supply you guys are boasting of is less than half of what is required in Ikorodu alone. Carve out ikorodu from Lagos and see ho many millions of homes would still be without power even if the law allows Fashola to generate power for Lagosians.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mikeapollo: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

Clueless man fool of lies. Let him come and show us the 4th mainland bridge that he used to deceive the people in 2007.
Until I see an IPP in Ikorodu, Alimosho, Agege etc where majority of Lagosians live, I would not take this kind of project serious. A man who only believes in providing amenities for the rich and punishes the poor, sack the whole 700+ medical doctors, increase LASU fees from 25,000 to N300,0000+ does not deserve to hold any political office, unless the people are ignorant
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Samirana360(m): 9:30am On Mar 11, 2015
Fasho-liar....what u could nt do in 8years, u can now do it in 8 months....u ar deceivin urself ...liar

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Samirana360(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2015
Fasho-liar, what u couldn't do 4 8years, u can do in do in 8months...liar

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by EmmyDe25(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:
Sir, your eight years is a waste. You failed to transform Lagos to New York and u have almost spending 8years in office. The same way they want GEJ to do it overnight within first tenure. We must be realistic on issues on ground. Give Fashola another 4years, he cannot to do it. We need patience for goodthings to develop. Never again we give the country's affair to one man called Tinubu.The unity of this country is more important. Nigerians give Jonathan another 4years and you will not regret it.

[b]If Fashola is a failure, Goodluck needs to be escorted out of Aso rock with armed guards and shot by firing squad.

Will rather give my vote to a Tinubu, than a Bode George, Ogunwele and the bloody rigger who calls himself Koro.

Why don't you give this shii a thought for a second, If Goodluck had done so much in his first tenure, why does he need to engage in smear campaign and flood us in the face with different campaign of his; both online and offline. I expected the opposition party to spend more in terms of campaign, but as it is. Our "achiever" President is trying so hard to state out the "unprecedented and "matchless" things he's done that only exist in our imaginations. Are Nigerians blind?

Here is what i tell my friends and colleagues at work, the only thing that could make you support Jonathan is:
1. If you don't pay bills.
2. You're in the circle of those getting money from this Oligarchic government.
3. An ethnic or religious bigot
4. You just want to remain blind to the truth.[/b]
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by EmmyDe25(m): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

MODIFIED.

Well said
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2015
EmmyDe25:

[b]If Fashola is a failure, Goodluck needs to be escorted out of Aso rock with armed guards and shot by firing squad.

Will rather give my vote to a Tinubu, than a Bode George, Ogunwele and the bloody rigger who calls himself Koro.

Why don't you give this shii a thought for a second, If Goodluck had done so much in his first tenure, why does he need to engage in smear campaign and flood us in the face with different campaign of his; both online and offline. I expected the opposition party to spend more in terms of campaign, but as it is. Our "achiever" President is trying so hard to state out the "unprecedented and "matchless" things he's done that only exist in our imaginations. Are Nigerians blind?

Here is what i tell my friends and colleagues at work, the only thing that could make you support Jonathan is:
1. If you don't pay bills.
2. You're in the circle of those getting money from this Oligarchic government.
3. An ethnic or religious bigot
4. You just want to remain blind to the truth.[/b]
You have eyes but refuse to see with them. It not a joke give Fashola another 4year making it 12years he cannot turn Lagos to Texas. Just wake up to reality on ground. Am giving u an inside of what u claim u know but u know nothing. Bring ur old pa buhari he cannot do it simple. We need restructing Nigeria not change. The national conference is it.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by EmmyDe25(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:
You have eyes but refuse to see with them. It not a joke give Fashola another 4year making it 12years he cannot turn Lagos to Texas. Just wake up to reality on ground. Am giving u an inside of what u claim u know but u know nothing. Bring ur old pa buhari he cannot do it simple. We need restructing Nigeria not change. The national conference is it.
Not gon argue with you dude. You seemed lost already and worst of all your comments are simply shallow. Continue propagating the gospel of a failed administration. #Bless.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by sampeyo: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

Fashola should just close his bucker cavity .if he is given the chance wont he buy up the IPP togethr with Tinubu. People just come out and talk rubbish
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ahaz: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2015
olatunji21:
my friend drop dat weed,its nt good for you.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2015
Heddiot, yet you can't provide Lagos monorail in 8years. Ode
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2015
EmmyDe25:

Not gon argue with you dude. You seemed lost already and worst of all your comments are simply shallow. Continue propagating the gospel of a failed administration. #Bless.
Keep siding Tinubu.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by senator2b: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2015
At the expiration of his tenure he now figures out how he can give Lasgidi uninterrupted power supply......... abeg make una ask uncle fash weda him just dey wake up from sleep.......... story for the gods....................... grin cool
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2015
EmmyDe25:

Keep siding Tinubu. You soon support Abubakar Shekau because you aim is to change Jonathan while we want the country to be restructure so that every part of Nigeria will benefit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gas Price Wahala!!! / Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.