Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker (3532 Views)

How I Got Duped With My Money,time,and Makeup!!! / See How Guy Massacred Lady During A Quarrel On Whatsapp / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
towards the end of '08, i requested for advice from nlanders abt quitting my relationship, and i got in abundance. after thinking abt it i went to beg her and reconciled. so i invited her over to my place some 10 days into 2009, there i got a shocker. we were flowing well then she received a phone call and when she was abt to hang up she said "i love also" to the caller. immediately, she looked at my face but i pretended not to hear anything or feel bad, so we continued discussing normally like nothing happened. since then i've been thinking abt the incidence. i hope she is not cheating on me cos i can't stand it. abeg, make una advice me nlanders.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by sistawoman: 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
Heres a thought and it just came to me all of a sudden. . . . . . . .

Y not ask her who she was talking to and what it ment?

How the hell are we supposed to know?

Maybe she is not cheating on you but cheating on him??
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
i no but i believe its me she's cheating on cos she plays the role of a mother, sister, lover in my life. she wouldn't be doing all these if she was playing around.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Okanran(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2009
sistawoman:

LMAO, u wicked well, well ooooh! Winsh kain morale be dis naa?

yemium:

she said "i love also" to the caller. immediately, she looked at my face but i pretended not to hear anything or feel bad, so we continued discussing normally like nothing happened.

I luv this part. . . wink

@ Topic: Guy, u come through like u're real smart, so y u wanno start 2k9 wth someone u don't trust Albeit, u've not given enough evidence 2 really suggest she's cheating sha.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Okijajuju1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
The fact that she forgave dosent mean you guys are back togerther
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by olanajim(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hmmmm. Incomplete observation.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Magz(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2009
First, if a woman is cheating on you, she will not do something odvious like saying "I love you" to the cheatee while standing right in front of you. Women are usually more cunning than that,

she plays the role of a mother, sister, lover in my life. she wouldn't be doing all these if she was playing around.

Says who?? You'd be suprised how misleading and dishonest some women could be.

u come through like u're real smart, so y u wanno start 2k9 wth someone u don't trust
^^Yes, I agree with this comment. Trust your vibes always. And try to always live in the here-&-now instead of falling backwards to your past ways. If you do the same thing you did in the past, you will get the same result you got in the past. If you live for the present, and take control of the here-&-now, you can shape better results for your future.

Hope that helps, at least a little bit.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Sapphic: 12:33am On Jan 15, 2009
I say I love you to my mother, brother, sisters, friends AS WELL AS girlfriend. So it could have been anyone she was talking to. Why on earth would you pretend that you did not hear her if it bothered you so much? What the heck was the sense in that? You should have asked her immediately who it was so that at least you had an inkling as to how yu would progress. If she had said it was a relative or friend. You could have confirmed by looking at the phone (or if you are one of those paranoid ones calling the number), and if the relationship ended as a result, you would have been able to move on. There is no sense in you stewing and eating yourself up inside unnecessarily and tiptoeing on eggshells when you feel that she might have another bloke in her life. Be a bleeping man and bite the bullet instead of wimping it up and whining all over Nairaland. angry
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Czarskit(m): 2:30am On Jan 15, 2009
sistawoman:

Heres a thought and it just came to me all of a sudden. . . . . . . .

Y not ask her who she was talking to and what it ment?

How the hell are we supposed to know?

cheesy shocked
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by bluespice(f): 2:38am On Jan 15, 2009
i luv u is as common as hello
hell i say it to my girlfriends and guyfriends
it means exactly wat it sounds like: i luv ya finis!
if u think she's cheating on u,
why dont u try to find out,
moreso i have a feeling, ur just setting the wheels rolling for a major fall-out if u confron her heads-on
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Sapphic: 5:58am On Jan 15, 2009
bluespice:

i luv u is as common as hello
hell i say it to my girlfriends [b]and
guyfriends
it means exactly wat it sounds like: i luv ya finis![/b]
if u think she's cheating on u,
why dont u try to find out,
moreso i have a feeling, ur just setting the wheels rolling for a major fall-out if u confron her heads-on

Thank you o. I wonder what the poster would say if he overhead his girlfriend saying "I am in love with XYZ". undecided Alakori.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by bluespice(f): 6:01am On Jan 15, 2009
Sapphic:

Thank you o. I wonder what the poster would say if he overhead his girlfriend saying "I am in love with XYZ". undecided Alakori.
lmao!
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by olanajim(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2009
I don't think it is fair to abuse the poster, just like that. It is not right.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by delaice(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2009
You know what? You made a mistake of not asking her then and there who it was on the phone. Its just a standard question. Even if she didn't say "I love you" you can still ask the question just out of interest. It means nothing. However ill suggest that you don't go back and ask her now, cuz u'll just look silly. And she would think "so all this while you have been suspicious and you never bothered to talk to her about it", then she will be like "you don't trust me blah blah blah" All of a sudden u r the one apologising (Whoa flash back). Trust me women know how to turn shit around on you and in this case u'll have made it very easy.

So u'll just have to forget about this incident. I don't think its anything personally and if u trust her just move on, however if you don't then why the hell r u with her. Then if it happens again and you wanna know who it was, then don't keep schtum, just bloody ask her.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by ariblaze(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2009
i love you also. . . . . . .that was what she said come on people

that is like saying i love you too

if you were speaking to you sibling

you wont say that

you would most likely would say

love you . . .

its in a relationship that the 'i' is emphasized

dude, she fed up you lost her

you are at best 2nd best

and i think sistawoman is right

she is cheating on him with you
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by olanajim(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2009
You know, it is preposterous for partners to always think negative of one another at the slightest suspicio. That show sign of distrust, however small it is.

I am not saying that the possibility of the lady cheating should be completely written off. I think, you can't get the truth you seek as long as you are biased in your thinking. Give her the benefit of doubt and stop eavesdropping on her phone conversation (intentionally). She will give herself away.

But you guys are just coming together after what look like crisis time. The best way to re-enact the old good time is not by questioning her everytime she call or receive a call.

Let the dust settle first. Let her confirm that she is back to stay before you start acting as if you already married her.

As far as I am concerned, she may well not have make up her mind completely about your reconciliation. She may be putting you on probation.

Use this time to build trust rather than creating chasm in the relationship. If she is destined to be yours, you would not fail to win her.

Be, matured.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2009
sistawoman:

I think your response is pretty unfair. Some guys is hurting emotionally and you're insinuating that he's cheating.
@ Poster, I think you should back off before you get hurt.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by steve49ja(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2009
I taya for you oh Oga. . . . this is 2009 abeg let Old doings and habits be passed no time to de disturb yourself for some kain chic where no reason you wella shogbo? sad
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Ben13: 11:38am On Jan 15, 2009
to reply "I love you too" after a phone conversation is not a sin. It's only normal
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by ariblaze(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2009
Ben20001:

to reply "I love you too" after a phone conversation is not a sin. It's only normal

hmm lets see

normal to what?

believe me . . . . .in asmuch as i find the whole thread funny

if it was a family member or a friend most peeps would say love you and not i love you too

if it is your mom, you would say i love you mummy(yeah i still say that)

i love you too. . . . . .no two ways about it guy. . . . . .remember robert kelly's song when a woman's fedup

well she gone and fed up

@olanajim

Give her the benefit of doubt and stop eavesdropping on her phone conversation (intentionally).

eavesdropping guy whats the deal

the guy overheard haba!

you don start again o o
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Omolola1(f): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2009
forget about it, she might not be cheating on you afterall angry
But then for her to say her i love you too, she was talking to a guy. The guy must have said i love you and replied saying i love you too.
But it might not be like that, sha. But just forget about it coz its too late, you should have asked her about it immediately it happened, its too late now. cry
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by kizito902(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2009
Omo ask her. If her answer doesnt add up or doesnt allay ur suspicions comot the girl abeg.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Iyke4Real(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
My guy,

I will advise you to be patient till you are fully sure of what you are talking about, So that you dont end up making a big mistake by making the wrong judgement.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by otokx(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2009
is that the shocker?
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by clemcykul(f): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2009
maybe ur chemistry is losing its physics
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by smooooooth: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2009
find out who she was talking with, cld be her girl friend, girls say that alot to each other,they all potential lesbians yet to discover themselves. lipsrsealed
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by vodka(f): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
smooooooth:

find out who she was talking with, cld be her girl friend, girls say that alot to each other,they all potential lesbians yet to discover themselves. lipsrsealed

woooohhh is that like a recurring fantasy of yours or what? like probly all guys are gays just about to discover themselves too(hiss)

@poster why didn't you just ask for Bleep's sake. something you cld have ended on the spot you dragged it now just cos of the word "i love you"
if she's seeing someone serves you right cos i don't know why she'd be wasting her time with you in the first place when you're not just man enuf to get issues resolved on your own, you have to bring a bunch of confused, oversexed & under sexed, mature & immature strangers to the issue.
you knw what? here's some advice look her in the eye and ask"do you have a boyfriend or since we split did someone take my place or are you seeing some one right now" whichever works for you. angry
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by sistawoman: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2009
dappssee:

I think your response is pretty unfair. Some guys is hurting emotionally and you're insinuating that he's cheating.
@ Poster, I think you should back off before you get hurt.

Me thinks English is not your first language. Please study very well well then re-read what I wrote and you will understand that your comprehension is not correct.
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
sistawoman:

Me thinks English is not your first language. Please study very well well then re-read what I wrote and you will understand that your comprehension is not correct.
You must be really stupid. Just because I omitted an apostrophe between y and s. Pity the man who will end up calling you his wife. Bitch!
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Vuitton(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
Lyke sistawoman said maybe she's cheating on him, not you. cry

On the other hand, she mite be trying to test you. But i cant really see that cos then she must have planned it with the guy which i feel i just as bad. Think its a lose-lose situation. Pls get another girl, them plenty. cool
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by chatupkay: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2009

@dappseee

You must be really stupid. Just because I omitted an apostrophe between y and s. Pity the man who will end up calling you his wife. Bitch!

Hey guy!
That was just too much, when two Nlanders abuse each other, they end up being best of friends grin
Congratulation u ve got a new friend!

@sistawoman

Me thinks English is not your first language.  Please study very well well then re-read what I wrote and you will understand that your comprehension is not correct.

That was harsh too, undecided
Re: After Settling Our Quarrel, I Got A Shocker by Vuitton(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
dappssee:

`

shocked Omoboy take it easy. Try to be a lil bit of a gentleman in a public forum lyke this.  shocked
U know how women act  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dating An Insecure Guy / Question For People In Love / 8 Great Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.