Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On (2192 Views)

Tips On How To Fall Out Of Love For Ladies / I Can't Stay A Day Without Making Love Please Advice Me. / I'm In Love: Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2009
I will try not to bore you with my sob-story, and promise to keep it brief.

I met this wonderful, charming, down to earth guy on NL, and we have been kicking it for a while now, but I have a problem trusting him due to the fact that he is a business man based in Nigeria, whilst I am based in the UK. We have discusssed about marriage and babies indepth and at length, and was on the verge of meeting each others parents to discuss our intention with them. . .

He has tried his best to reassure me that he loves me, but I am holding back due to the fact that I have had my fingers burnt in the past and hence find it hard to trust in love again. I have also heard that it is possible for some guys on NL to date 2/3 or more girls at the same time, without them knowing, as a lot of relationship can be conducted via YIM. And now I have decided not to carry on with the relationship, and my problem is that I need help in making myself fall out of love with him.

Am I being irrational here, I need guidance, some constructive criticism would not go amiss too, thanks in advance.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2009
too_much:

I met this wonderful, charming, down to earth guy on NL, and we have been kicking it for a while now, but I have a problem trusting him due to the fact that he is a business man based in Nigeria, whilst I am based in the UK. We have discusssed about marriage and babies indepth and at length, and was on the verge of meeting each others parents to discuss our intention with them. . .

He has tried his best to reassure me that he loves me, but I am holding back due to the fact that I have had my fingers burnt in the past and hence find it hard to trust in love again. I have also heard that it is possible for some guys on NL to date 2/3 or more girls at the same time, without them knowing, as a lot of relationship can be conducted via YIM. And now I have decided not to carry on with the relationship, and my problem is that I need help in making myself fall out of love with him.

Am I being irrational here, I need guidance, some constructive criticism would not go amiss too, thanks in advance.

So because of what you heard you wana cut it off? Has he given you any reason to doubt him? Mind you all guys aren't the same.
Anyhuuuuuuuuuuuuz. . . . you wana fall out of love ryt? haha! gyalie gyalie, jus fall out the way you fell in. . . tongue
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Magz(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2009
Maybe you should at least give the dude a chance?
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by tope2000(f): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2009
So the guys is nler? undecided
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:08am On Jan 15, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

So because of what you heard you wana cut it off? Has he given you any reason to doubt him? Mind you all guys aren't the same.
Anyhuuuuuuuuuuuuz. . . . you wana fall out of love ryt? haha! gyalie gyalie, jus fall out the way you fell in. . . tongue

No its because I have a few girlfriends on Nairaland and they have been sowing the seeds of doubt into me undecided

My brother I don't remember how I fell in, love just came and swept me off my feet undecided and I want my heart back in one piece embarassed
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:09am On Jan 15, 2009
Magz:

Maybe you should at least give the dude a chance?

Thanks, but my heart is saying yes, my head is saying no embarassed
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 12:11am On Jan 15, 2009
Just giv him a chance, yeah, c wot you make of it
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2009
something tells me you're a well-known member . . . show ur face, tell us the guy and we can advice you.  grin
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2009
tope2000:

So the guys is nler? undecided

He is a member, but he does not know that I am  undecided
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

Just giv him a chance, yeah, c wot you make of it

Thanks once again, but the heart is willing, whilst . . .
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 12:14am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

something tells me you're a well-known member . . . show ur face, tell us the guy and we can advice you.  grin

Are you the guy? tongue
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 12:15am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

Thanks once again, but the heart is willing, whilst . . .

Ignore ya head n follow ya heart. . . . you never know undecided
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by tope2000(f): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

He is a member, but he does not know that I am  undecided

Ohhhhhhhhh undecided I guess u shud go with ur gut instinct
but if it aint worth, dont bother. I do agree that men cannot be trusted but im sure u know him better than we do undecided
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:16am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

Thanks for the warm welcome, but I don't know if the fact that I registered last year May qualifies me to be an oldbie smiley Thanks all the same smiley
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

Are you the guy? tongue

UK is too much for me.  grin
Unless of course if the babe turns out to be tope2000.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:18am On Jan 15, 2009
tope2000:

Ohhhhhhhhh undecided I guess u shud go with ur gut instinct
but if it aint worth, dont bother. I do agree that men cannot be trusted but im sure u know him better than we do undecided

Thats why I threw it open to the house to see if the sisters and sane brothers in the house could help me.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 15, 2009
Have you both met face to face? If you have then i dont think you shld be that worried.

Bottomline is NL cannot help you, you're best served asking him how serious he is about an exclusive relationship that shld lead to marriage. Talking about it is one thing, actiing it out is another.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 12:21am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

Have you both met face to face? If you have then i dont think you shld be that worried.

Bottomline is NL cannot help you, you're best served asking him how serious he is about an exclusive relationship that shld lead to marriage. Talking about it is one thing, actiing it out is another.

SORTED! Thread closed!! tongue
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by MissyB1(m): 12:24am On Jan 15, 2009
My only concern is:Who is the Guy??
I hate to miss out on jist. tongue
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by inspiredm(m): 12:25am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

Have you both[b] met face to face?[/b] If you have then i dont think you shld be that worried.

Word cool cool
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:25am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

We have met once, but i guess i can't stop worrying because I am a female.

I have asked him countless number of times, but he keeps telling me what i want to hear, which is that he is not seeing anyone else. Whilst i believe this to be true that he is not seeing anyone in Ngeria, how can i be so sure that he doesn't have someone in Germany, US or Canada who's hands he has promised in marriage too.

How does one know these things? And it doesn't help as well to have doubting friends too.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

I have asked him countless number of times, but he keeps telling me what i want to hear, which is that he is not seeing anyone else. Whilst i believe this to be true that he is not seeing anyone in Ngeria, how can i be so sure that he doesn't have someone in Germany, US or Canada who's hands he has promised in marriage too.

How does one know these things? And it doesn't help as well to have doubting friends too.

We cant know your guy better than you. Its up to you both to show that you are committed to a long term serious relationship. Left to me i dont understand why men allow their women to worry about issues like this, you shldnt give her any doubt as to your intentions but oh well.

Talk to him . . . after reading this thread he will probably put two and two together and then come to give you a good tongue lashing. grin
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by inspiredm(m): 12:28am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

How does one know these things? And it doesn't help as well to[b] have doubting friends too.[/b]

Follow Your Friends Advice Na,

Abi Na By Force
angry angry angry
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:29am On Jan 15, 2009
Missy B:

My only concern is:Who is the Guy??
I hate to miss out on jist. tongue

Don't worry my sis, as soon as I feel ready that he is the one, I would love to include our name in the NL wedding register doing the rounds, infact no Jupiter or high water would be able to stop me from including my name, thanks smiley
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by kushi1: 12:30am On Jan 15, 2009
A nlanda once discussed sumfin similar. . . dhat he met a nlanda reh teh teh. . . . .mmmmmmm! I have a feeling i know the guy yu referring to. . .  shocked

Anyhuuuuuuuuuz. . . . . make i juz shush! lipsrsealed grin
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by tope2000(f): 12:30am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

UK is too much for me.  grin
Unless of course if the babe turns out to be tope2000.

Lmao . . . . why is UK too much 4 u? tongue
too_much:

Thats why I threw it open to the house to see if the sisters and sane brothers in the house could help me.

Darling if u dont trust him, then there is no point in having a relationship with him undecided
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by Sauron1: 12:31am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

Get anutha man ASAP. U would forget about him in a jiffy.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:33am On Jan 15, 2009
davidylan:

We cant know your guy better than you. Its up to you both to show that you are committed to a long term serious relationship. Left to me i dont understand why men allow their women to worry about issues like this, you shldnt give her any doubt as to your intentions but oh well.

Talk to him . . . after reading this thread he will probably put two and two together and then come to give you a good tongue lashing. grin

When women talk, men tune off and moan that women nag too much, and as for him seeing this thread, i doubt he even knows that a romance section exists on Nairaland, but then again, you could never know, I don't know why life has to be this complicated and full of men with dishonest intentions undecided Not all men though, all the good ones are taken smiley
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:36am On Jan 15, 2009
inspired_m:

Follow Your Friends Advice Na,

Abi Na By Force
angry angry angry

Mr man, I am in a sensitive mood right now, so do not have time to respond to your ilks, besides i am sure you came across my earlier post that only sane men should respond, so pls, i am in a good mood ok and would let you off this time.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:38am On Jan 15, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

A nlanda once discussed sumfin similar. . . dhat he met a nlanda reh teh teh. . . . .mmmmmmm! I have a feeling i know the guy yu referring to. . . shocked

Anyhuuuuuuuuuz. . . . . make i juz shush! lipsrsealed grin

See, this is exactly what i am talking about, it seems as if everyone is copulating or has copulated with everyone on NL sad
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by toomuch2: 12:40am On Jan 15, 2009
@Sauron and Tope2000

Thanks, would take your advise on board and just walk away, thanks God bless you.
Re: Help Me Fall Out Of Love Please, I Need Help To Move On by inspiredm(m): 12:40am On Jan 15, 2009
too_much:

pls, i am in a good mood ok and would let you off this time.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

My School Daughter Is Pregnant For Me / Val's Gift 4 Ma Boyfriend / Three Men Who Have Fathered 78 Children With 46 Different Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.