Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US (34350 Views)

Why We Couldn’t Create 3M Jobs As Promised – FG / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / We Located Chibok Girls But Couldn’t Rescue Them– Uk Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2015
Now it seems the USA is being criticised for not sending troops into Nigera.

OK!

But if does so then it will get criticised also (possibly by some of the very same people)!

It is just fashionable to be anti USA among some mumu's.

Object to the wrong things the USA (and ANY other country) does and approve of the good.

Remember in the final analysis this is a local problem and the primary responsibility to address it is local. If this is not done, for whatever reason (lack of ability or lack of will) and the issue begins to spread then don't blame any other group who do they have to in order to stop it!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Yehman(m): 12:12am On Mar 12, 2015
layinkakeem:
Even if they wanted to help us !
#GEJ wouldn't let them ! Cause of the money he earned due to security discussion

Bleep you #GEJ
We want change
We want buhari !
Which change?
I keep asking this question...Is it that there is no better person than Buhari in APC? May God help Nigeria as a nation. #APC awakening #Bunchofcriminals

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 12, 2015
GET THE FUUCCCK OUTTA HERE AMERICA, Biiitch asss mofuckas

3 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:14am On Mar 12, 2015
youmour:

I thought the point was they were not there?

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by teemy(m): 12:16am On Mar 12, 2015
so because they are not pleased with the syrian president syria suddenly does not have a government. nice knowing that's the yardstick used considering they back syrian rebels leading to more syrian deaths. if not for iran i guess they won't bother.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 12, 2015
bamidele2015:
[color=#006600][/color]GET CHEAP DATA BUNDLES AT VERY LOW RATE MTN 300GB FOR 3000, AIRTEL 250gb FOR 3000, GLO 300GB FOR 3000, ETISALAT 300GB FOR 3000 call 07062471665 DATA WORKS ON ALL DEVICE BOTH MOBILE AND PC

What have u been smoking,i need me some of that.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kobonaire(m): 12:20am On Mar 12, 2015
youmour:
sorry eh .. try again with the correct paper and they will surely grant you the visa next time grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by teemy(m): 12:20am On Mar 12, 2015
there is no way US intel would not have known that a huge army as isis was grooming and coincidental with their movement out of iraq violence started. at least if they had left saddam hussein (though cruel) in power he would have protected his people

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by SANRICHES: 12:25am On Mar 12, 2015
Don't deploy, we can win the war without you! God is using #GEJ and our forces for victory

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by DJMCOTTY(m): 12:26am On Mar 12, 2015
coolGuy u score Ten over Nine.. That was a punchline.
Ramcie:

Wicked cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Shubbylee(m): 12:26am On Mar 12, 2015
queensmith:
He's right. There's a brilliant competent government in Nigeria, they don't need help. They'll use the money to wisely and find the girls when they're good and ready.

u're a disappointment to femininity for ur comment! Almost a year now 200+ girls are missing and u're saying one mumu govt has to be 'ready' to find the girls, if they can't be ready in a year when would they be? I don't blame u sha ur loved ones are not there, maybe u don't have a child yet and u can't relate to d agony of their parents!! leave partisan politics, put on ur thinking cap and be human!! This govt has failed!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kingslly(m): 12:27am On Mar 12, 2015
When u find urself in Syria or Libya where u r not sure of a nights sleep that's when u'll understand what not having a Government really means.People just come here and say trash all because of hate for themselves ,their country and their leader. The fact that u hate GEJ doesnt mean we dont have a government.
Idrismusty97:

Point of correction. We don't have a government in Nigeria... Those sponge bobs in Aso Rock can't possibly be a government.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by teemy(m): 12:29am On Mar 12, 2015
but from a fair view of the whole situation our govt played politics with the lives of nigerians by not cutting this fungus in the bud. our security agencies are highly performing once given the appropriate order and support. we could ve done better.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kingslly(m): 12:39am On Mar 12, 2015
And why do u think they are not comfortable with GEJ?i want u to throw more light on that so i can understand your real point
ratchetwrench:

Do not get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of US neither I'm that of UK but ideally Nigeria is seen as a big brother in Africa especially in west Africa region. The problem now is that these world powers knows the potential of Nigeria but they couldn't just associate with us because of our present leader.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Adelekebalogun: 12:43am On Mar 12, 2015
NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE(NCS) RECRUITMENT FORM (REPLACEMENT) IS CURRENTLY ON SALES,2015 RECRUITMENT TRAINING OF THE SERVICES IS ON FOR ENTRY..CONTACT SUPRITENDENT MRS FAITH NO. QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED ARE:- 0,LEVEL, NCE, LABTECH, ND, OND, HND, BSC. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANT ARE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR CALL THE OFFICER INCHARGE OF THE FORM ON HOW TO GET IT. INQUIRIES AND PURCHASE CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE ON HOW TO GET IT. NAME:SUPRITENDENT MR ADE NO:08066442502
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kingslly(m): 12:44am On Mar 12, 2015
Hahahaha sounds like he's dealing on fairly used mtn,glo and airtel branded external hard drives...lol
youmour:

What have u been smoking,i need me some of that.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by akunnasu: 12:55am On Mar 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Point of correction. We don't have a government in Nigeria... Those sponge bobs in Aso Rock can't possibly be a government.
u r rude
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 12, 2015
Do Nigerians really expect the US to interfere? Seems like they're forgetting that the Nigerian Army is more than fit to handle the situation. The problem is more political than military. The US has been blamed for escalating conflicts in every single country they've intervened in and majority of their citizens are strongly against military spending. In addition, Nigeria will have to compensate them if they dispatch forces and I'm not sure anybody is looking forward to further exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by HugeMac: 1:06am On Mar 12, 2015
ratchetwrench:
Being a very diplomatic country they are, America will never come out to tell you that they can't deploy troops against boko haram because they don't like the present nigerian government. The handwriting on the wall is legible enough. Since GEJ has gotten to power Nigeria relationship with other foreign countries has been soiled tremendously. His relationship with Obama is bad likewise with David Cameron. Nobody wants to associate with this man. But they are all watching keenly nigeria election. If Jonathan wins genuinely they are going to leave nigerians to their fate for another 4 years. But if Buhari wins, they will observe him for months and see if he's someone they can associate with. And if GEJ rigs the election he should be expected to be ousted out like Gbagbo by the world power
YOU ARE VERY MUCH INSANE , SO HE SHOULD BE A PUPPET ?LIKE YOUR BUHARI HAS GONE TO LONDON TO SELL HIS SOUL , ONLY SCRAPING THE ANTI-GAY LAW WILL REPAIR THAT RELATIONSHIP , WE ARE FINE WITH RUSsIA AND CHINA ,THEY GAVE US WEAPONS, THEY ARE NOT ASKING US TO BECOME HOMOS ,

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kodded(m): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2015
kingslly:
And why do u think they are not comfortable with GEJ?i want u to throw more light on that so i can understand your real point
gay marriage
Ever since jonathan refused to legalized gay marriage in nigeria our ties with the western world has been cut off

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kodded(m): 1:11am On Mar 12, 2015
HugeMac:
YOU ARE VERY MUCH INSANE , SO HE SHOULD BE A PUPPET ?LIKE YOUR BUHARI HAS GONE TO LONDON TO SELL HIS SOUL , ONLY SCRAPING THE ANTI-GAY LAW WILL REPAIR THAT RELATIONSHIP , WE ARE FINE WITH RUSsIA AND CHINA ,THEY GAVE US WEAPONS, THEY ARE NOT ASKING US TO BECOME HOMOS ,
bar man give this guy one origin

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:13am On Mar 12, 2015
HugeMac:

Most western governments don't really approve of either party in this election and will simply hope that whatever the choice it all passes off peacefully.

As for scrapping anti gay laws equation to ask anyone to be 'homo'. Well lets actually realise that you don't have be a gay to disagree with discrimination and repression of a harmless minority whose only threat is in the tiny minds of some bigots.

Perhaps a rational discussion backed by reasoned arguments rather than unsupported statements would benefit the thread more.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by maureen546: 1:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Real. Change is what we re seeing in GEJ govt apc is only a change frm PDP.all those shouting change hv been in govt most of them under PDP one who wear a mask remain the same person after pulling it Nigerians beware of Gen.buhari?
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Eluwilussit(m): 1:22am On Mar 12, 2015
People that refused to sell arms to us, as well as blocking others from selling to, now giving us reasons why they couldn't fight Boko Haram. All we asked for was to sell to us, not donations of any type. We defeated Ebola ourselves. We will defeat BH by ourselves. As nigerians, whenever we come together and forget about tribe and religion, we can do anything. And I mean anything.

Americans are very much insincere and Nigerians shouldn't fall for this crap.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ratchetwrench: 1:38am On Mar 12, 2015
kingslly:
Thanks for asking. I like when discussion are handled in mature ways instead of abusing and cursing. Back to your question, the reason the world powers America in particular are not comfortable with GEJ is that
(1) he hasn't shown the directorship of leading the west africa region. When it comes to world politics, whether we like it or not, the G7 (or G8 if you like) control things that happen. Now this is where Nigeria comes to play. The so called world powers expect a particular country (most likely the most powerful country) in a region to direct activities going on in that region. Take for example the war in Northern Mali in 2012, though Nigerian soldiers were sent there as part of ecowas, Nigeria government never took a commanding stand as always expected to mediate the crisis.
(2) his government has been labelled corrupt by world leaders. This is clear to all Nigerians that GEJ government just like those before him is corrupt. But the difference between GEJ government and Obasanjo government (the other democratic govt since 1999) is that GEJ has never prosecuted any corrupt personnel to show that he is trying to fight corruption. As a matter a fact he pardoned a convicted criminal of all his offenses
(3) his response to issues of national concern has been abysmal. Let me remind you that when the case of Chibok girls came on, being a serious human violation case, the whole world are interested in Nigerian government response. But do you know what they got, a lackadaisical attitude/response of not capable of handling issues under his nose was displaced by GEJ.
(4) his scorecard is disappointing and america has a minuscule believe in his government. Read what the former US ambassador to Nigeria John Campbell said about Boko Haram insurgency. Campbell said "Boko Haram is a direct result of chronic poor governance by Nigeria's federal and state governments, the political marginalization of northeastern Nigeria, and the region's accelerating impoverishment."
(5) he signed the anti gay law. Though I'm not a fan of gay right before you people start calling me gay or lesbian cheesy. The signing of the law when there are other pressing issues soiled the already diminished relationship between GEJ government and the world leaders

These are just little reasons I could come up with from reading and watching on reaction of other governments to GEJ governance. I'm sure there will be many other reasons they don't wanna associate with him. The summary is that GEJ international relations is more disappointing

3 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by 4lorunsho(m): 1:43am On Mar 12, 2015
USA pls say the truth and put devil to shame #bolooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by cooljude(m): 1:43am On Mar 12, 2015
all4naija:
DEMOCRATICALLY elected government, you a$$! angry
look at this ignorant person calling me a ass. Who won the last Syrian election(more than 90 percent). Do you think Assad would still have the support of the miltary and his people if he was not popular. I agree that the he has some opposition and western countries wants him out but would you deny that this same Jihadist got their weapons from US during the initial stage to booth out Assad. Well every country has their own policy and vested interest and most time it is not about whether their action was right or wrong but what they would gain from such policy.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ratchetwrench: 1:50am On Mar 12, 2015
HugeMac:
It would have been more sensible if you don't stoop low to abuses in passing your messages. Either GEJ scrap anti gay law or not it is not going to improve the ruined relationship. The fact is that his diplomatic relations is very poor. Since you came up with being fine with Russia and China in giving us weapons, lemme just enlighten you on world politics. When it comes to world politics, nothing goes for nothing. Do you think russia or china will give you weapons without receiving something in return? do not be surprise if the same russia or china or their allies that you think are helping you out are also supplying boko haram weapons to ensure that the crisis continue in order to elongate their gains.

Do more reading and less of abuses. Maybe by then you will understand things better

2 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 12, 2015
cooljude:
look at this ignorant person calling me a ass. Who won the last Syrian election(more than 90 percent). Do you think Assad would still have the support of the miltary and his people if he was not popular. I agree that the he has some opposition and western countries wants him out but would you deny that this same Jihadist got their weapons from US during the initial stage to booth out Assad. Well every country has their own policy and vested interest and most time it is not about whether their action was right or wrong but what they would gain from such policy.

Do you realize Assad was the only candidate in the last election? He is a dictator and it was his people that started the uprising a few years back to get rid of him.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kaeycea(m): 2:32am On Mar 12, 2015
ratchetwrench:

Thanks for asking. I like when discussion are handled in mature ways instead of abusing and cursing. Back to your question, the reason the world powers America in particular are not comfortable with GEJ is that
(1) he hasn't shown the directorship of leading the west africa region. When it comes to world politics, whether we like it or not, the G7 (or G8 if you like) control things that happen. Now this is where Nigeria comes to play. The so called world powers expect a particular country (most likely the most powerful country) in a region to direct activities going on in that region. Take for example the war in Northern Mali in 2012, though Nigerian soldiers were sent there as part of ecowas, Nigeria government never took a commanding stand as always expected to mediate the crisis.
(2) his government has been labelled corrupt by world leaders. This is clear to all Nigerians that GEJ government just like those before him is corrupt. But the difference between GEJ government and Obasanjo government (the other democratic govt since 1999) is that GEJ has never prosecuted any corrupt personnel to show that he is trying to fight corruption. As a matter a fact he pardoned a convicted criminal of all his offenses
(3) his response to issues of national concern has been abysmal. Let me remind you that when the case of Chibok girls came on, being a serious human violation case, the whole world are interested in Nigerian government response. But do you know what they got, a lackadaisical attitude/response of not capable of handling issues under his nose was displaced by GEJ.
(4) his scorecard is disappointing and america has a minuscule believe in his government. Read what the former US ambassador to Nigeria John Campbell said about Boko Haram insurgency. Campbell said "Boko Haram is a direct result of chronic poor governance by Nigeria's federal and state governments, the political marginalization of northeastern Nigeria, and the region's accelerating impoverishment."
(5) he signed the anti gay law. Though I'm not a fan of gay right before you people start calling me gay or lesbian cheesy. The signing of the law when there are other pressing issues soiled the already diminished relationship between GEJ government and the world leaders

These are just little reasons I could come up with from reading and watching on reaction of other government to GEJ governance. I'm sure there will be many other reasons they don't wanna associate with him. The summary is that GEJ international relations is more disappointing

I think u're suffering from inferiority complex that is worsen by slave mentality... So we as a country hv to dance to the body language of so called G7 to remain in thier good book...
Homosexuality hz to be forced down d throat of nigerians even when our culture and way of life do nt approve of it.. Where lies d freedom then to express youself as an independent nation ? Or is ur slave mentality saying we as a less powerful nation are eternally doomed to the whims and caprices of dictatorship of the most powerful nation... Let me end by saying no body takes someone who cannot assert his independence seriously..becos if u cannot say "I am" no one can say " you are"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:02am On Mar 12, 2015
kaeycea:

I think u're suffering from inferiority complex that is worsen by slave mentality... So we as a country hv to dance to the body language of so called G7 to remain in thier good book...
Homosexuality hz to be forced down d throat of nigerians even when our culture and way of life do nt approve of it.. Where lies d freedom then to express youself as an independent nation ? Or is ur slave mentality saying we as a less powerful nation are eternally doomed to the whims and caprices of dictatorship of the most powerful nation... Let me end by saying no body takes someone who cannot assert his independence seriously..becos if u cannot say "I am" no one can say " you are"

Lets calm down and look at what the poster said logically. The points he raises on International opinion are valid.

Of course Nigeria has a perfect right to go against this opinion if it wishes! But the rest of the world has a right to disapprove of things it sees as wrong.

On another point. Scrapping a barbaric and primitive law that discriminates and criminalises gays does not "force homosexuality down anyone's throat". It merely means you are seen as tolerant of others and not paranoid about those who are different. (Why this fear of gays and need to behave like savages towards them). No civilized country should have such a law in this day and age.

Governments approve and disapprove of each other the world over so lets address the issues why rather than talk of slave mentalities etc and introduce insult and emotion into reasoned debate.

Does the rest of the world not have a right to its opinions when it sees corruption ANYWHERE or should Nigeria be a special case!
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by PassingShot(m): 3:25am On Mar 12, 2015
queensmith:
He's right. There's a brilliant competent government in Nigeria, they don't need help. They'll use the money to wisely and find the girls when they're good and ready.

Sarcasm?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact-Check: No Taliban Flag Was Hoisted In NEMA's Office / Ohakim Donates Car, Cash To Obiageli Pini Onyegbaduo, Widow Of His Late Aide / Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.