Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US (34352 Views)

Why We Couldn’t Create 3M Jobs As Promised – FG / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / We Located Chibok Girls But Couldn’t Rescue Them– Uk Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Chigold101(m): 8:40am On Mar 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Point of correction. We don't have a government in Nigeria... Those sponge bobs in Aso Rock can't possibly be a government.
when some people type u wonder where they are thinking from. Igbos says “onye fe eze, eze eruo ya aka (when one serves a king, kingship will get to him)“
It doesnt matter how much u hate or talk poo against GEJ. You will forever bow to him.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by cooljude(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2015
DProDG:

Do you realize Assad was the only candidate in the last election? He is a dictator and it was his people that started the uprising a few years back to get rid of him.
I told you that some section majorly Sunni muslims started the uprising but you did not factor other sects (shias, alawites, christain and even neutral sunni's) who still supports him. Yes not everybody would support you as a president. As i said interest is the main reason for any action, it is not about right or wrong. In that region, do you know that Assad is one of the most secular leader, can you compare syria to Saudi Arabia or Bahrain in terms of human right and laws for its citizen. The first reason why country like Libya, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba etc are targets is because they are allied with Russia and you can see what is happening in ukraine. Secondly, because of Syria stance against Israel and so many more. As i said USA would rather see a wick Syria than a strong united Syrian that would be a threat to her allies in that region.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by profstar(m): 8:55am On Mar 12, 2015
Coldfeet:
Lynch said no insurgency could be sustained without support from
the people, adding that the only way to deprive terrorism of support is
by having the population on the side of the government.
Very well said! If the northern people had acted promptly when this boki naram started I'm sure it wouldn't have escalated to this point! They were shielding them because then it was only Christians that were being massacred.
BH are not ghosts they live among the northern people and they know themselves.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by layinkakeem(m): 9:00am On Mar 12, 2015
Mufasa27:

I'm tackling you because of your lame comment

MtChheeww story for the gods !
If you wanna tackle go and play soccer !
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by shammah1(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2015
No source?
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by shammah1(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2015
Spot on
Coldfeet:
Lynch said no insurgency could be sustained without support from
the people, adding that the only way to deprive terrorism of support is
by having the population on the side of the government.
Very well said! If the northern people had acted promptly when this boki naram started I'm sure it wouldn't have escalated to this point! They were shielding them because then it was only Christians that were being massacred.
BH are not ghosts they live among the northern people and they know themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by shammah1(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2015
Lies and propaganda = APC
layinkakeem:
Even if they wanted to help us !
#GEJ wouldn't let them ! Cause of the money he earned due to security discussion

Bleep you #GEJ
We want change
We want buhari !
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by MrDoGood(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Point of correction. We don't have a government in Nigeria... Those sponge bobs in Aso Rock can't possibly be a government.

CARTOON IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by queensmith: 9:41am On Mar 12, 2015
PassingShot:

True.

Many of them actually if not most. I gave up on Nigeria in 2013 thinking that it can no longer be salvaged. Now I have a renewed hope with what the opposition has achieved so far. My hope may be dashed eventually though but it remains to be seen with the coming elections. If we blow this opportunity, then it will be bye-bye to Nigeria of our dreams.

The Nigeria of our dreams will probably only ever be in our dreams. I pity the people that died fighting for democracy in Nigeria. It's really not a country worth dying for.

I also have faith in the opposition and subsequent process that should push the leaders to accountability, but given the attitude of these people, making a positive change will only be met with constant criticism. It seems depriving them and claiming they simply cannot have it better is an easier way to control them.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by nejifresh(m): 9:42am On Mar 12, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Funny.Abeg stop de day dreaming. is Cameroon, niger and Chad army fighting boko haram. nigeria army is full of cowards

You are a big foooo..l.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by nejifresh(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2015
Reference:

Nigeria still remains the place for investments showing a clear line between the peoples of those countries and the politicians of those countries. Why. And which is sincere and of benefit to you. The government or the markets.

Third world, african countries will always be viewed as conquered territories with puppet leaders. Should Buhari kowtow if elected, that is his choice. But believe me it will not pay Nigeria at all. They, the west do not want us independent and strong. That is a fact. Anyone trying to establish that will become their enemy.

Though I hate his guts but just ask Mugabe. Or even Museveni in Uganda. Once you adopt an independent ideology they feet threatened. But what do they do for countries that play good boy to daddy. What have they done for countries such as Ghana with a tanked economy. Nothing.

All GEJ needs to do to get them all lovey dovey again is to burn the PIB.

You've made some really valid points.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Masterclass32: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2015
This Lynch man should just board the next available plane and head back to America. He's not needed here. Wonder on whose invitation he came.

'Close ally' indeed! Abeg yarn me better gist.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by butanep(m): 10:26am On Mar 12, 2015
musicwriter:
For real?. After refusing to supply weapons to Nigeria and now that the war is being won you're explaining?. What if Boko haram was winning the war after your refusal to supply us weapons?.
United States, on who's side are you?. You're either with us or the terrorists!....... George Bush
Please which war was won? Hope it's not the war against Boko haram
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by israelbenzion: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2015
here is one thing Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu can take comfort in regarding his
relations with the US administration — he is not
the only Middle Eastern leader struggling to
understand American President Barack Obama.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi has also
been at a loss in recent weeks amid the administration’s
almost surreal conduct towards Cairo.
On Monday Sissi was asked what he and the other Arab
allies thought of US leadership in the region. It is hard to
put his response in words, mainly due to his prolonged
silence.
“Difficult question,” he said after some moments, while his
body language expressed contempt and disgust. “The
suspending of US equipment and arms was an indicator for
the public that the United States is not standing by the
Egyptians.”
It turns out that although the American administration
recently agreed to provide the Egyptian Air Force with
Apache attack helicopters, it has been making
it increasingly difficult for Cairo to make additional military
purchases.
For example, the US is delaying the shipment of tanks,
spare parts and other weapons that the army desperately
needs in its war against Islamic State.
Egypt is currently facing the extremist group on two fronts:
in the Sinai Peninsula, where Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis
militants swore allegiance to IS, and to the west in Libya,
where jihadists sworn to the group have established
substantial military bases, gaining hold over territory in the
country while simultaneously sending terrorists into Egypt.
The mass execution of 21 Coptic Egyptians, who were in
Libya seeking employment, led Sissi to authorize an
Egyptian air assault against Islamic State targets in Libya.
Yet precisely during these difficult days for the Egyptians,
Washington is delaying military assistance deliveries to
Cairo, even as the White House and State Department
preach in praise of the war against the Islamic State group,
and go so far as to hint at plans to cooperate with Iran
against the organization.
Why? According to an Egyptian official, the formal
explanation is that Cairo does not respect human rights.
That is possible. But Egyptians cannot figure out how the
Americans are prioritizing: Was the Muslim Brotherhood
more respectful of human rights? Or the Iranian regime? Or
the Islamic State and its friends?
Why is Egypt, which has become a vital player in the war
against Islamic extremism and Islamic State expansionism,
being punished by the Americans?

SOURCE:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/anger-stoked-as-egypt-feels-squeeze-from-jihadis-us-and-hamas/
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by SailorXY: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2015
ratchetwrench:
Being a very diplomatic country they are, America will never come out to tell you that they can't deploy troops against boko haram because they don't like the present nigerian government. The handwriting on the wall is legible enough. Since GEJ has gotten to power Nigeria relationship with other foreign countries has been soiled tremendously. His relationship with Obama is bad likewise with David Cameron. Nobody wants to associate with this man. But they are all watching keenly nigeria election. If Jonathan wins genuinely they are going to leave nigerians to their fate for another 4 years. But if Buhari wins, they will observe him for months and see if he's someone they can associate with. And if GEJ rigs the election he should be expected to be ousted out like Gbagbo by the world power
you have nothing to say young man! for your information, GEJ will not approve of gay relationships just to be in "good terms" with piss & shiit - they can all go to hell.

GEJ 2019 & nothing will happen undecided
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by SailorXY: 11:26am On Mar 12, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Funny.Abeg stop de day dreaming. is Cameroon, niger and Chad army fighting boko haram. nigeria army is full of cowards
why not enlist & show us your gallantry or you be handicap? i won't even be surprised if you are cuz na person wey mess for public dey shout pass
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ahaika23: 11:49am On Mar 12, 2015
United Rubbish, please leave us alone with our wahala, we are well and able. Go f==k yourselves! Ndi ala!

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2015
US does not help anyone unless they are getting three fold the resources they are investing, this is no news.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by mkdboy: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2015
So if we have a democratic government you won`t provide better arms to us ba? You people are full of double standard , I now understand why the Arabs people hate you people so much. You talk about democracy when you are not ready to protect it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
thoth:
You have been doing a good job showing your stupidity all over Nairaland, i wonder whether you believe we are that dumb .

I just comment on what you guys say!

Do you feel that by scrapping a barbaric law all Naija will turn gay?

Most posters on Nairaland are sensible but there are so many that just feel everying wrong is the fault of the USA, WEST etc etc etc.

I just hope you guys develop to your full potential and Naija can take its rightful place among the community of Nations with the respect it will deserve and have earned!
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
kaeycea:

I do not intend to derail this thread...but i strongly wish u can rise above western propaganda to see things as they really are..
Have u cared to ask urself why the same powerful nations that are pushing for abolition of homosexuality have not cared to push for the abolition of polygamy in the west ?
Or are u saying that there ar no folks over there in d western world who would hv wished to marry more than one wife...
Or Is the law banning polygamy not barbaric too.... ?

Western propaganda exists primarily in the mind of some anti western idiots in the developing world.

The don't push for "abolition of homosexuality" but for the abolition of a law persecuting those who are gay and consent with each other harming no one.

While polygamy is not regally recognised people who consent to live together and harm no one are permitted also.

The law does not ban this and Muslims are permitted to have many wives. The BIGAMY laws - at least in the UK are mainly for purposes of tax and inheritance to regulate these matters.

So what is your point? Are you saying that the developed world should not disapprove when it sees a law persecuting a minority because of the fear and ignorance whipped up by another intolerant minority?

There is no agenda to FORCE Naija to do anything. While I personally love Naija because I travel there and work there so much most people in Europe and the Americas are even unsure where in Africa you are and care even less. The Western governments have every right to decide who they wish to assist and deal with. When a country does something that all civilized people agree is savage and barbaric anyone and everyone who wishes is free to condemn such a practice and withdraw their support as they see fit. Its not such a big issue for me so I continue to visit but please think rationally and without prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by layinkakeem(m): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
shammah1:
Lies and propaganda = APC

You're wrong bro
We want change !
You said APC are lier !
What about jonah
Almost 10 billion for jet maintenance
4 billion for food money
Sooo we want change mehn
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kaeycea(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
[quote author=KoloOyinbo post=31550045]

Western propaganda exists primarily in the mind of some anti western idiots in the developing world.

The don't push for "abolition of homosexuality" but for the abolition of a law persecuting those who are gay and consent with each other harm no one"

There is something fundamentally wrong for U to think that the "law prosecuting those who are gay and consent with each other harming no one " shld nt be proscribed..
In sharp contrast to your reasoning , we believe and strongly reason that those who are gay and consent with each other , even though they may harm no one, can have a strong negative influence on d young people when they display such life publicly and consequently having them think that such way of life is natural, & acceptible...
So we as a country have decided even against strong opposition from people like you that the Most appropriate way to treat a disease is not to treat the symptomatic manifestation of such disease but rather to attack it from d root cause.
The so called Minority are nt at liberty to destroy the age-old culture and mores of a nation which invariably constitute part of her identity...

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Femistico(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
So America can also lie when they noticed that we ave already tackled our issue by ourselves they now came up with dis big excuse

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by thoth: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
@kaeycea
Don't let that guy infect you with his stupidity. I have read most of his posts on Nairaland and on most issues it's just pointless arguing with him.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by kaeycea(m): 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
thoth:
@kaeycea
Don't let that guy infect you with his stupidity. I have read most of his posts on Nairaland and on most issues it's just pointless arguing with him.

:.......Noted

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by vicardino(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
And what did you gain from America's and UK's association with Nigeria during the previous governments? Tell me what we gained from them during Obj's regime. It seems the name America and UK makes a fool of you people. These two countries haven't and can't even solve their own problems, I keep wondering how you think they can help you solve yours.

1 Like

Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:

you get LG chairman?
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ratchetwrench: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
SailorXY:

you have nothing to say young man! for your information, GEJ will not approve of gay relationships just to be in "good terms" with piss & shiit - they can all go to hell.

GEJ 2019 & nothing will happen undecided

Who told you I'm young or a man? Typical of a proud nigerian angry. For your information, I don't say GEJ should approve gay relationships. I'm not surprised on your comment because when someone makes a comment and ends it with GEJ till 2019 or Sai Buhari, I know their judgment is obscure and biased
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ratchetwrench: 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
kingslly:
Honestly i can only agree with ur point number 5 and part of number 2 but the major issue between GEJ and the UK and US is just that anti gay law he signed and that we are now doing business with China dats just the simple truth.Part of number 2 is where he pardoned someone that was labelled a criminal by them. U knw BH has bin there before he came into power so i dont know why u are blaming him for that. And please lets stop seeing the westerners as saints and understand that they have their own agenda as well.

Though you dont buy some of my points, I appreciate your response. If you read through my comment, I never blamed GEJ for BH insurgency. But my problem with him on BH issue is that he handled it with kids glove. If you can remember, he denied the case of the Chibok gals for weeks. It is an abomination for a Commander in Chief to deny a sensitive case like that even if you believe it's a propaganda tool from your opposition. In one other case, he was seen to merriment when there was a bomb blast that killed hundreds of his citizens the previous day. You can't just do that when you're the president of the country.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by ratchetwrench: 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
kaeycea:

I think u're suffering from inferiority complex that is worsen by slave mentality... So we as a country hv to dance to the body language of so called G7 to remain in thier good book...
Homosexuality hz to be forced down d throat of nigerians even when our culture and way of life do nt approve of it.. Where lies d freedom then to express youself as an independent nation ? Or is ur slave mentality saying we as a less powerful nation are eternally doomed to the whims and caprices of dictatorship of the most powerful nation... Let me end by saying no body takes someone who cannot assert his independence seriously..becos if u cannot say "I am" no one can say " you are"

If living in one of the best country in the world and having people from different races working with me makes me suffer from inferiority complex, then I must be languishing in the complexity cheesy grin. Back to your point, I frown at any of our leader dancing to westerners tune, but if you call a country your ally, you should be diplomatic enough to find a way of maintaining a good relationship with them. It seems you don't follow how events unfold. If GEJ is actually trying to be independent, why then does he always say America should come and help us anytime he's asked on what he's doing to end BH menace on international media.
Re: Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
kaeycea:

There is something fundamentally wrong for U to think that the "law prosecuting those who are gay and consent with each other harming no one " shld nt be proscribed..
In sharp contrast to your reasoning , we believe and strongly reason that those who are gay and consent with each other , even though they may harm no one, can have a strong negative influence on d young people when they display such life publicly and consequently having them think that such way of life is natural, & acceptible...
So we as a country have decided even against strong opposition from people like you that the Most appropriate way to treat a disease is not to treat the symptomatic manifestation of such disease but rather to attack it from d root cause.
The so called Minority are nt at liberty to destroy the age-old culture and mores of a nation which invariably constitute part of her identity...

You beliefs are simply wrong and based on a fear of something different. There is no evidence that an educated rational person would accept about these imaginary negative influences. The harm seems to exist primarily in the minds of bigots and fanatics who enjoy persecuting minorities and allow themselves to be whipped up into a frenzy. I remember a European leader who whipped his people up into a frenzy against a minority in his country. The minority was different, with different customs and were perceived as being a negative influence especially on the young - now who was it again hmmm ah yes. Adolf Hitler and the Jews!

Its a genetic condition anyway. Judgemental people who try to dictate how others live their lives are now trying to put their personal views into a savage and barbaric law.

There is much that is excellent (in fact VERY excellent) about your culture but in this instance it is very wrong. While civilized countries over the world are moving forward some people are thus dragging Naija backwards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japhet Omojuwa Apologises to Osinbajo, Deletes Tweet / Segun Awolowo Celebrates Dolapo Osinbajo's 50th Birthday With Throwback Photos / Kemi Olunloyo Wears #RevolutionNow Beret (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.