Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price (27005 Views)

Teacher Divorces Her Husband Over “Unattractive Joystick” In Delta / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Lionhearted: 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

carry bride price receipt go show as a legal proof of marriage na.

Receipt or no receipt, paying the bride price is binding for naija. Only needs two witnesses on both side of the families.

Am sure u know bt jst choose to be cynical abt it.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by freecocoa(f): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
chucky234:
You unfollow me abi
I no even know who I dey follow, talk more of unfollowing.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by tomzman: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
Wetin man no go see. "Free of charge" marriage grin
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by chucky234(m): 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
I no even know who I dey follow, talk more of unfollowing.
Haba no dey openly insult me for public na, oya snd me pm
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by XKZ(m): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
GboyegaD:
Were they ever married in the first instance or what are they dissolving? The magistrate of that court was very nice to have allowed all these continue.

naijababe:
Why are they in court when they are not even married?

plendil:

I'm not sure our laws allow common-law marriage. Even in places where it is practised...

Section 166 of our Evidence Act provides that court will presume marriage where there is cohabitation as husband and wife by man and woman.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Oladuti: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
I need suggestions please. My husband n I had our customary marriage a year ago. But he has not paid my bride price. And he said we will do it but I should wait, but seems to me that it's not so important to him. What should I do please.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Lionhearted: 5:00am On Jun 25, 2019
Damfostopper

Read ur post in the ashewo thread.

How do you hack facebook account bro? I really need it.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Lionhearted: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2019
adsload

The freelancing. ,what do you freelance on, and can you help put me through? Help a broke guy willing to work.

^^saw ur post in the treasury bill thread
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by bigfrancis21: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2019
Ishilove:
Iyawo Nylon Bag grin grin

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/11/woman-to-divorce-hubby-over-bride-price/

Ishi, how much is your bride price? cheesy Hope it is affordable? cry undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Ishilove: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2019
bigfrancis21:

It is 100 naira cheesy
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by marydgkbaby(f): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2019
MKO4ever:
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRobish, the woman should be happy she even has a man with kids in her life!!!

what are u saying, the man should also be happy he got a responsible woman who value her dignity. Not paying her bride price does not make him a responsible man you know, so every responsible man should pay bride price on his woman.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Probz(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
bigfrancis21:

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.202705/page/n11

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.218551/page/n71

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.218338/page/n5

Those books are for you to read in your own time. They'll broaden your understanding of human nature and help see personality beyond rigid 1950s gender boxes/wrongly attributing one personality type to one gender vs. the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by bigfrancis21: 3:41am On Jun 29, 2019
Probz:

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.202705/page/n11

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.218551/page/n71

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.218338/page/n5

Those books are for you to read in your own time. They'll broaden your understanding of human nature and help see personality beyond rigid 1950s gender boxes/wrongly attributing one personality type to one gender vs. the other.

Lol...probz...I was only playing nau...one kant play peacefully again cry
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by bigfrancis21: 3:42am On Jun 29, 2019
Ishilove:

It is 100 naira cheesy

Okposho ukwuani....ajie o cool
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Probz(m): 3:50am On Jun 29, 2019
bigfrancis21:

It's not about that, I just thought it's something that would interest someone of your insight and third-eye knowledge. I just quoted the wrong post.

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Ishilove: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Okposho ukwuani....ajie o cool
It's 'ote ofe', not 'ajie'. Ajie is for men grin

Biko kebu 'okposho' bo? undecided
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by bigfrancis21: 12:28am On Jun 30, 2019
Ishilove:

It's 'ote ofe', not 'ajie'. Ajie is for men grin

Biko kebu 'okposho' bo? undecided

Okposho/okpoho= nwanyi, commonly used among Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba people and environs etc.

Mgba ukwuani...ote ofe o cool

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Ishilove: 1:51am On Jun 30, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Okposho/okpoho= nwanyi, commonly used among Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba people and environs etc.

I am not from those areas so we don't use "okposho". We use "ngboto." Mbu onye Okwerre grin

Ehen, owesu nwennem okorobie. De'le? cheesy
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Probz(m): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Yeah but there’s been bits and bobs with you in the past about how the ideal woman should be subservient to her provider-husband and it just doesn’t run in half the world. I like and respect you but you’ve got to stop doing that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / How Will A Lady Know If She Was Circumcised? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.