Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI (42814 Views)

Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch / More Youths To Be Gainfully Employed In 2017 – FG / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
lygn19:
maybe dats because most of em don't have time for distractions..."if u know wat I mean"
I can say it that the best Lecturers in that school in terms of how they handle students are from the North. They don't give you headaches like other regions. There is one who will allow you to pick your phone calls if it rang. This same man has about 23-50% stake in the PTI upgrade. Unlike those from other regions. I am not from the North mbok cheesy
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
No wonder my roommate from Kano got d tin o.. Chey
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by urheme: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
clevvermind:
you are right. i was once a student of that school. i know all this things. it is time for this nonsense to stop.

Imagin!!!

Went for interview in fupre 2013, we were only two uvwies that applied in the legal dept, non of us got employed, despite all our appeals to the king of uvwie land,

Jokers!
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thousands of protesters on Thursday barricaded the main entrance leading to the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Effurun, Delta state, preventing candidates who had trooped to the centre for their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) from entering the venue.

At the time of putting this report together, scores of candidates who enrolled for the examination were still milling around the centre, while many hurriedly left for their various homes for fear that the protest might escalate.

[size=13.4pt]The demonstrators drawn from various quarters of Effurun in Uvwie Local Government Area, it was learnt, were aggrieved over the alleged marginalisation of their people in the areas of employment, contract and other welfare.
[/size]

Numbering over 3,000, the youths, men and women, carried placards with various inscriptions like, ‘’No employment for our children, no peace for PTI,’’ ‘’PTI has employed 159 persons, we want our 50% job slots,’’ ‘’we want to discuss with the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dr. Deziani Alison Madueke’’, among others.

Addressing newsmen, Chairman of Uvwie Community, John Enakireru said several representations had been made to the school authority to employ the youths of the area, who he said are eminently qualified for the positions.

“We are demanding our fair share of job placements for Uvwie sons and daughters but PTI authority continues to turn deaf ears to our demands. It is sad that in its 42 years of existence, no Uvwie person is holding a key position, yet we say we are one Nigeria”, lamented Enakireru.

Enakireru stated that the community was demanding a 40 per cent job placement as contained in the bill establishing the local content scheme for host communities.

He added that the protesters who came with various cooking items, including pots, stoves and food stuffs, would continue to barricade the PTI entrance and remain there till their request was positively considered.

However, Public Relations Officer of the institute, Mr. Brown Ukanefemoni, pleaded for calm from the protesters, adding that the school authority was already discussing the issue.

“Barricading the entrance to the institution and thereby preventing movement from in and out of the school will not solve the problem, rather protesters should kindly bear with the school authority,” Ukanefemoni pleaded.

Source: https://nigeriantimes.ng/news/protesters-bar-jamb-candidates-from-petroleum-institute-in-warri/

No story about Hausas there!

Once again......Nigerians taken for a ride in the name of tribalism.

Nigerians....please do not be deceived by Bigots.
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by dazzlingd(m): 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
deskossy:
it's an obvious typo.i tried modifying it,but it got to fp with lighting speed!

ok then, apologies

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by sniperr007(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
deskossy:
The idea of one naija is a joke!

U 110% right. Even before independence,ahmadu bello was against giving jobs to other ethnics and prefer giving a foreigner to anoda tribe. So acting like we 1 country is crazy cos we so divided.

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Nehemiah(m): 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
Southerners una never see anything yet!.. Na una turn to suffer the oppression minority tribes suffer in the middle belt and north. Some of my brother in the south and west want "change" because
you don't reside here in this part of the country to know why we oppose the so called "change"

The contribute less to the nation's treasury yet the enjoy the most, that's the north for you!
I believe they are locals and other ethnic group that are qualified too for the PTI job but north would just want to be north. Oh my greedy north! Why are thou so selfish and oppressive?

North cheat other ethic groups since colonial days!
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by sniperr007(m): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Demdem:
Is hausa Man the minister of Petroleum?
Is Hausa Man the President?
How authentic is their claims?

Go to pti and u will know y dis youths are angry. Same tin is in cac Lagos and other agencies. Its crazy
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by sniperr007(m): 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
this is nothing, vote a northerner first and see hell.

Lol... grin
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Ifebazz(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
I hate being an advocate of two Nigeria, but it is very obvious those so called youths vying for Buhari don't know the extent of politics in Nigeria. I'm supposed to be among the ones vying for the positions, but immediately they moved tests for employment into PTI that is located in Warri to Abuja, I gave up.
like for real, if you don't have a Senator or Minister or NASS members or Governor as a relative one is no longer guaranteed a good job in Nigeria. It's that bad. Now I wonder when NDA will take Southerners as much as the Northerners not to talk of more than them. We are just deceiving ourselves that we are rational down south, the Northerners just feel they are born to harness the natural resources of this country. I refuse to be confused by the blood thirsty politicians fronting a seemingly sellable candidate just to grab power.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Fourwinds: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
this is nothing, vote a northerner first and see hell.
so if we are in power and we still experience dese things., don't u think something is wrong with our leaders from d south.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Fourwinds:
so if we are in power and we still experience dese things., don't u think something is wrong with our leaders from d south.
my point is, if this is happening now, there is hope that something will be done about it. imagine how the situation will turn out if a northerner is in power. Understand that this is a status quo that has been maintained by the northerners for decades in almost all govt owned agencies, which the present govt is trying to stop, hence the hatred towards the govt.

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Fourwinds: 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

my point is, if this is happening now, there is hope that something will be done about it. imagine how the situation will turn out if a northerner is in power. Understand that this is a status quo that has been maintained by the northerners for decades in almost all govt owned agencies, which the present govt is trying to stop, hence the hatred towards the govt.
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by Fourwinds: 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

ok
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by CriticalThought: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
I don't buy into the Federal character concept in Nigeria. This concept only works when we know EDUCATED groups of people who work hard and should be considered on merit alone are being shut out. The problem with federal character in Nigeria is that mediocrity is accepted even when it shouldn't.

Why cant we allow the best man/woman to do the job and be recognized for it?, Why is it so hard for Nigerians to see the bigger picture?

Any observant individual knows that our Northern brothers and sisters in most situations cannot qualify on merit(due to lack of education) but yet they will be quick to shout federal character. Please park well and let the folks with the knowledge get the job done

At the end of the day, if the right people are in the right positions, it is all of us that will benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by LogicPower(m): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
abbakacici:
Here are list of the management team of PTi, and I can't see a single core northerner in the list, A. J. ORUKELE

AG PRINCIPAL/CHIEF EXECUTIVE.
Mrs Angela S. Ewere

REGISTRAR
DR. K. I. IDEHEN - Ph.D FCSN, FICCON, FPIN, FNES, FGMA, FCIA

DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Mrs Gloria Iye Oraka

Director of Science
Dr C. K. Oghene

Director of Services

Mr. ATSUE ISHUH - ACMA, CPA, MNIM

Acting Director, Finance and Accounts

Mrs. P. N. Olaniyi

Acting Chief Internal Auditor

Do you think the ignoramuses, the clannish goons and the evil-minded anti-Buhari propagandists would ever care to verify the claims that 80% of the employed people are 'Hausas'?

Or do you think they would care about these facts you presented about the composition of PTI management team before making their absurd claims that the senior managers of PTI are 'Hausas' and 'all the senior managers of NNPC are Hausas?

The whole thing is targeted at demonizing Buhari's ethnic group with a view to reducing his electability in the SS, and it must have been deliberately engineered and sponsored by some of the beneficiaries of the N21 billions campaign booties.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by experimentist: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
deskossy:
Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) effurun recently had a recruitment exercise guess what ,80% of notherners got the job, the remaining 20% was shared by the other ethnicities ..this a school in warri o!yet we are screaming federal character which is only applicable in d north..whereas indigenes which constituted 70% of the applicants got less than 5%.
This is what happens when hausas dominate d seat of power.they all got their employment letter direct from abuja.
here are photos of the protest taking place right now by uwvie youth at d school gate
God punish that your crayfish head! Make una go die or make una go catch fish!
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by experimentist: 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
customized13:
Its selfishness bro, this is why we will keep having problem with them.
When will you go and die?
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by experimentist: 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
Demdem:

Don't be ridiculous. Are u saying that the executive positions Jonah-daft and Madueke sits on are figure head sits? Are u saying that they Av no say in their aides appointment and that they were imposed on them?
This notion sound deranged. Whatever goes on there has the blessings of both Madueke and Jonah-daft.
Don't let ur bigotry get the better of u. Protest directly to those in charge.
grin pls, what is Jonah-daft?

2 Likes

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by ejay84(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
Dis is y I weep 4 doz southerners who are so quick to sell demselves out to d north again n d name of change.uv suddenly 4gotten how rotten deez northerners are,how dev bled dis country dry 4 decades.
Chaii nigerians,just how clueless can we get @tyms.so easily deceived.
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by madri4u: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
A southerner will never help his or her person for anytin but a Northerner can help both Indigene and non-indigene.North ar united while south ar divided with evrybody for himself.

Do you think the ignoramuses, the clannish goons and the evil-minded anti-Buhari propagandists would ever care to verify the claims that 80% of the employed people are 'Hausas'?

Or do you think they would care about these facts you presented about the composition of PTI management team before making their absurd claims that the senior managers of PTI are 'Hausas' and 'all the senior managers of NNPC are Hausas?

The whole thing is targeted at demonizing Buhari's ethnic group with a view to reducing his electability in the SS, and it must have been deliberately engineered and sponsored by some of the beneficiaries of the N21 billions campaign booties.[/quote]
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by deskossy(m): 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
experimentist:
God punish that your crayfish head! Make una go die or make una go catch fish!
guy we quarel before? Abeg if i offend u ,mk u 4 give me
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by experimentist: 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
deskossy:
guy we quarel before? Abeg if i offend u ,mk u 4 give me
lmao. Very funny.. grin

You are forgiven, no more sinning o
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by deskossy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
experimentist:
lmao. Very funny.. grin

You are forgiven, no more sinning o
grin grin grin..ok sir
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by VolvoS60(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
dp
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by BraniacX(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
Demdem:

answer the damn question goon. u had earlier insulted me so face issue at stake

I take solace in the fact that you can only do that sitting in front of your computer screen.

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by experimentist: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
deskossy:
grin grin grin..ok sir
Abeg make una free those Hausa guys, we are all Nijeriyans wink
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by VolvoS60(m): 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

^^^^
No. That is not good enough.

Yes, Nigeria is a deeply complex country. Yes, principles like the federal character principle seem to be nothing but built-in booby traps against competence, merit and ability. Yes, it is true that Nigeria cannot continue along the course she has walked for several decades (if she wants to survive the challenges of being a 3rd world country in the 21st century).

But you seem to be pursuing a purely partisan political agenda. According to you, 'there is hope something will be done about it' as long as the present government remains in charge. undecided So far, what has actually been done to change things for the better?

Not everybody 'hates the present government' as you have put it. At least I don't. What I hate is drift. What I hate is corruption. What I hate is inaction. And unfortunately for all of us, this government has elevated these negative attributes to state policy. (To be fair, it is not the only government that has done so. But that is cold comfort to ordinary Nigerians on the receiving end).

After 10 pages of fiery rhetoric, this thread has 'cooled down' undecided now that facts are coming in and wild conjecture has been forced to take flight. The management team of the Institute has been made available for all to see. The next thing is for staff lists and faculty (and most recent hires) to be made available so that we can see if this 80% claim is nonsense or the truth. This is why legislation like the FOI Act is so important.

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by BraniacX(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
AdeKamal:
area!
Ds thing no suppose bad reach dat level. don't u get?
For north and west, na igbo and south south people dey rise fast. In fact, they get associations of various kinds.
To me oo, if hausa fill south south and urhobo, ijaw, etc. join dem people wey they north and west. Na Fedralism or one Nigeria be that.
Anoda thing be say how many south_south people dey apply for all these things. For Example, for west, most igbo people and urhobo or ijaw dey get admission and even job. So, let peace reign and support d change team.
Buhari no get pass one house for him village. Him cook, driver, P.A. (i think) and Vice (PROF. Osinbajo, a redeem pastor are christians.
when he was petroleum minister,
Only 1 refinery dey d whole north. 3 big ones dey for just delta and rivers alone.
The bayelsa woman, mrs Alison, she no build anything instead dem they import am.

PLS, LET'S MAKE a CHANGE!

#CHANGE..

Bullshyte!!!

1 Like

Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by BraniacX(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
Demdem:

Damn it, all these for me..............i sound cursed
2nded
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by EgusiSoup: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
Demdem:
Is hausa Man the minister of Petroleum?
Is Hausa Man the President?
How authentic is their claims?

I think you should shut-up if you have no idea about what happens in Abuja.
Re: Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI by charliesco1(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
That tin don tire me sef..
I wounder how dey got to build a mosque inside d skool premises na dat 1 dey scatter ma head pass..
I won't b suprise if dey say one day dat boko haram has taken over delta state..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can A 18 Year Old Really Achieve This? / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You / Career Opportunity @ Nimasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.