Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use (34086 Views)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by fineguy11(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
fineguy11:
i gave u the 200th like...anytin for me?? smiley..i was hoping for some kind of promo.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by otigbagba: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
seunfly:
Reigning African queen of the track, Blessing Okagbare has denounced the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for President Goodluck Jonathan who is also the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, without seeking her consent.

An advertorial by GoodHouse Nigeria tagged GEJ Okagbare, which she said had been running on various electronic media in Nigeria and also on Youtube, the athlete said it was wrong for anyone to use her image or footage for a presidential campaign without seeking her approval. The PUNCH verified one of such videos on YouTube which expressively had the Commonwealth Games gold medallist in action. The video details achievements made by the government especially around the Nigerian railway system.

Okagbare who confirmed her displeasure over the development via Twitter from her base in Los Angeles, USA, on Thursday said that her attention was drawn to the advertorial by friends and relatives in Nigeria about two months ago

She said, “I just wanted to be patient at first, but my agent is not happy because he thinks I am a woman and very far from home too.

“Someone out there is using my image, footage and everything I have worked for to make money through advert and campaign without seeking my approval. If an advert is being made with my footage and I am not aware of it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy.”

Okagbare was quoted two years ago during the All Nigerian Open Championship in Calabar lamenting that the Federal Government of Nigeria was not doing enough to support her athletics career saying that the only support she got was from Delta State government.

Okagbare added in statement sent by her agent to The PUNCH, “Now, I am here struggling on my own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and others to make sure I am in good shape for the All African Games and the IAAF World Championship in Beijing, China, later in the year, and some people back home are using my image and footage for presidential campaign advertorial without seeking for my approval.

“This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people (GoodHouse Nigeria) and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?”

The star athlete told our correspondent that she was condemning the act because those involved were not doing the right thing whether for sports or business.

“It is not about financial support. It is about me and what I represent,” she said.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/okagbare-slams-jonathans-campaign-group-over-image-use/
...Jonathan u had d opportunity to make a mark in history. ..but u blew it...now u a Phd holder is struggling against a grandpa...Change is here already. .too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by mikolo80: 2:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Vicotex:
buhari dey there wen dem dey struggle?
how buhjari mata take consign okagbare.na him be president when she de struggle
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by mikolo80: 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
dhardline:
My dear keep calm.As long as Delta state government did something for you then you should also know that its the fg that did that for you.Fg helps thru state governments too,at least fg pays alocations to states.
state budget is different from fg budget o
no fool yourself
ministry of sport get their own budget wey dem use those athletes name appropriate
state ministry of sports budget na for sports festival mercenary things and not for national athletes
so fg and state not the same
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by timunstopable: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
Read in btw the lines

she is just ranting that some people collected money used her image and she wasn't paid

she just wants her own endorsement money
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by 4everGrand(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Well, that one of the GEJ's support group used it doesn't mean GEJ did. Support Groups are independent of GEJ's Presidential Campaign. She should settle with the said people.

But if it was 'Buhari support group', it would be wrong right? Say it as it is always, ok?
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by annylove(f): 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
dhardline:
My dear keep calm.As long as Delta state government did something for you then you should also know that its the fg that did that for you.Fg helps thru state governments too,at least fg pays alocations to states.
You're right,the state Govt. did not help her with his own money, he used the state allocations which comes from the FG.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
Blessing is right. The support group shouldn't have used her image without her permission.

I heard Gov Uduaghan's govt gives her $10,000 every month. And she has an endorsement deal with Nike.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
How can the government pay her coach for her? Who pays Mikel's Coach in Chelsea? Who pay the coaches of other athletes? That is her job! It is what is obtained everywhere...
In most other parts of the globe, it's corporate bodies that sponsor star athletes.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by xtremeinv(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
dhardline:

PHENOMENONAL DOUCHe
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by xtremeinv(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
nellyjohn:
I don't support the idea of using ur pic for campaign but believe me, it may not be the people u thought dat did it were really the ones. It may be some of ur fans with that of GEJ came up wit it.
But coming to think of it, how would u say u are using ur money as against a competition u are doing for the country? I highly don't believe it it's either u are lying or something is wrong somewhere.
GEJ till 2019

A Collosal douchebag!
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by xtremeinv(m): 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
babasanti:
All she is saying is make una find mE small choppings. Hungry athlete ranting rubbish.

U GIVE THE WORD DOUCHEBAG A SENSE OF BELONGING
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
ôya sue them nah! nah America you dey.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by aresa: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
attoskoly:

if gej had banned athletics, she wouldn't have been known. If it's boko haram it's gej, if it's positive, not his govt. Pathetic!

This is the dumbest, irrational and illogical comment ever. Please shut up.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by tola9ja: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2015
aresa:

To start with, she not only lambasted your crooked and fraudulent president, she used the strongest terms to show her displeasure by calling your president a lair, a fraud, a selfish and disrespectful man and lastly she said this is about her image and what she represent, meaning what she represent shouldn't be associated with your worthless, corrupt, fraudulent and incompetent president...

You don't openly lambaste the president of Nigeria using the strongest and harshest terms while trying to negotiate... She is obviously not interested in any negotiation, she's openly lambasting your president for his crooked, deceptive, shameful, disrespectful and fraudulent ways which is very synonymous with your crooked president...conduct..

I'm 100% sure you are only working for your brown envelop, but that doesn't mean you should turn yourself into a brainless zombie..

She's not talking about negotiation, I know you know how to read and comprehend and I'm not one of your clueless TanNoid followers you spin around with your shallow and empty talk so don't come at me with that lame talk.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Argentina And Brazil Stars Train For Copa America Semi-final Showdown / Vincent Enyeama & Wife, Promise In A Hot Tub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.