Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,300 members, 7,850,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? (1276 Views)

Falling In Love With My Ex I Broke Up With From A Prophey / How Do You Respond To This Message From Your Ex “I Miss You” / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by hails(f): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2009
Hi guys I’ve never posted on one of these before but I am a little lost right now!
I split up with my boyfriend about 3 years ago, it was me that ended the relationship I didn’t feel that it was going anywhere, I was finishing uni and needed more time for my studies and just some space back then.
I don’t think he wanted to end the relationship I know he was in love with me he fell for me really fast and I thought I felt the same about him but I knew it was right at the time to end it.
Since then I have bumped into him a few time around where we live and we are always nice to each other we ended on good terms really. But I recently spent some time working in another country where I met someone else who I thought I was really falling for but my visa was up and I had to leave the country, the new guy I met told me he wanted to come to England to see if we could make it work which I was really happy about, but the other day my parents told me they bumped into my old boyfriend working close to where I live.
Be it a good idea or not I decided to go and say hello and return an old t-shirt I had of his that I knew he would be happy to see (plus I had dreamt about him the night before and took it as a sign!)
It was really good to see him and he was genuinely surprised to see me, I asked him how he was he said “really good” I told him I had some thing to return to him he jokingly (I think…) asked me if it was “his soul” I smiled and fetched the t-shirt (which he was happy to see) we talked for a little I could tell he was really nervous he babbled a little and couldn’t look me in the eye (that’s what he’s like when he is nervous)
I told him we should go for a coffee to catch up he said yeah that would be good but we didn’t exchange numbers or anything (he doesn’t have a cell phone still!) I told him well “you know where I live” and he said “you know where I work” but since then I cant get him out of my head, I am still physically attracted to him I realised that as soon as I saw him the other day, now I don’t know what the hell to do!

My ex boyfriend is the only guy I would leave the man I am ‘seeing’ now for, but during our little chat the other day I found out he has been in a relationship with another girl for about 2 years… I want to ask him if he will take me back but I feel like a terrible person for even thinking about it as we both have other people in out lives but I cant stop thinking about him and how the relationship we had before would be so great now.

I feel bad for this girl he is with now I’ve tried to tell my self to forget it and leave him be, but I cant work I cant think I cant sleep I just really want to hold him again… and if there was any chance he would take me back I am prepared to deal with the wrath of the other woman its no more than I would deserve for breaking the relationship.

I just don’t know what to do!? Should I go to see him again? Should I tell him? Will he hate me for it?

Sorry for babbling on but it’s a little complicated! Any advice would be appreciated male and female points of view thanks for your time!
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Hotstepper(f): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2009
go and tell him how you feel though i dont support u tryna take wat the other gurl have laboured for
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Sauron1: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2009
hails:

I feel bad for this girl he is with now I’ve tried to tell my self to forget it and leave him be, but I cant work I cant think I cant sleep I just really want to hold him again… and if there was any chance he would take me back I am prepared to deal with the wrath of the other woman its no more than I would deserve for breaking the relationship.

I just don’t know what to do!? Should I go to see him again? Should I tell him? Will he hate me for it?

Sorry for babbling on but it’s a little complicated! Any advice would be appreciated male and female points of view thanks for your time!

Give him a call and pour out your heart to him. Hope n pray he is nursing the same idea in his head.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
give it a shot.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Vonny: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2009
Hails,

To be honest, I think you're a selfish individual. You want it all,

1. The man you dumped,
2. While still having the comfort of returning to the man you're currently with,
3. Risk potentially ruining a steady relationship (your ex and his girlfriend),
4. Also, breaking the heart of the man you're currently with,

Nonetheless, the truth shall set you free, If I were you, I would

1. Break up with the man you're currently with (you clearly don't feel much for him, because you are willing to drop him like a hot potato----spare the man his heart)
2. Meet your ex and inform him of how you feel (but be prepared for rejection). Moreover, inform him that you are not trying to come between his relationship with his girlfriend (which you are) but you thought it necessary to inform him of how you feel.
3. Don't pressure your ex, inform him of your suppressed feelings, and let make him make the next move,

Good luck.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Czarskit(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2009
I hope u know what u r doin cos u sound a bit confused to me.

Well I think ur ex wants u back as well ( frm ur story ) but the reason I know not. (Might be 4 just a fling or a real relationship)

Telling him verbally would be dumb, so just flash the light and if he comes for it, tell him the truth.

If I were him, GOD knows I won't take u back, seriously. But like they say, diff folks, diff strokes.

An advantage u av here is the fact that y'all broke up on good terms and ur reasons were justifiable.

People do cheat nature, so trying to eat ur cake and have it won't be wrong.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by izeek(m): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2009
wat i think is u just feel joy at having a familiar face from homearound u again. and then mixing that with the feelings u both shared.

u left him cos u felt he was not right?
then pls tell me what has changed since the last timeu made that decision?

pls just let him and his new girl be, cos if u tell him how u feel,
it wud put him off gaurd and make his present relationship shaky.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Omolola1(f): 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
well, i am not in support that you break his current relationship because in the first place you were the one who called it quits maybe because you didn't love him then. So why is this love suddenly come back?

My candid advice is: Forget about everything, let him be, he deserves to enjoy himself, let him enjoy his new relationship. And you should forget about him and move on with your current boyfriend.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Sapphic: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
If it was the old me, I'd have said, screw the other girl and bite the bullet, but the new me would say, do what you believe would make you happy. However, be sure that you really want this guy for keeps before you go breaking his relationship. Do you see him as the guys you would like to spend the rest of your life with? Is he "the one"? If you just want him for a short while or just because your "boyfriend" is not around, I'd advise you to leave him alone as you must be a lowlife if you intend to hurt him a second time. If you feel he is your soulmate and you would like to marry him and have his kids, then by all means, let him know (at least you'd know you tried).
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by JJYOU: 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2009
davidylan:

give it a shot.
bro. david i wont say give it a shot because nothing messes a guy head more. i say check how the current relationship is going.  if it is a committed one please walk away. 
Sapphic:

If it was the old me, I'd have said, screw the other girl and bite the bullet, but the new me would say, do what you believe would make you happy. However, be sure that you really want this guy for keeps before you go breaking his relationship. Do you see him as the guys you would like to spend the rest of your life with? Is he "the one"? If you just want him for a short while or just because your "boyfriend" is not around, I'd advise you to leave him alone as you must be a lowlife if you intend to hurt him a second time. If you feel he is your soulmate and you would like to marry him and have his kids, then by all means, let him know (at least you'd know you tried).
  think this through seriously
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by larez(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
You remind me of an Ex who was not capable of thinking of anything past herself. It is interesting that each of the parties that you mentioned seem satisfied in their present status quo, yet you are considering an upheaval that will leave at least 2 people hurt. I hope your current boyfriend sleeps with an eye open, and can walk away without much damage. SMH
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by ariblaze(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
hmm

the the plot and the scene

should she or should she not?

i wager that you owe it to yourself and the ex

to let him know,dont breakup with your current

let your ex know what is going through you

if he is as rational as you indicate he is

then both of you would resolve the issue

either by,maintaining status quo or threading in waters charted before
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by JazzFreak(m): 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Give him a call and pour out your heart to him. Hope n pray he is nursing the same idea in his head.

Approach him & tell him very fast so you could rest.
Deduced from your yarn, you love him very much. It's him or no peace.
I'll advise you meet with him, and been very honest with your feelings towards him.
The pent up pressure longings will deplict so you can sleep & then, you'll feel better.
Wish you luck
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Ben13: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2009
Just give it a try
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Feelitx(m): 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hail,

Go and lay your troubles before him.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by Taken(m): 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ poster

Just as one of the writes said, you are a bit selfish about this issue.

I think you need to stay away from dating anyone for now cus you have issue to deal with and that issue is YOU. What do you want in a man - do you know?
Deal with yourself first, and settle any issues therein.

After that, you should have a better view of things.

The dream you had was not a sign but the imagination of your subconscious mind.
Re: Should I Tell My Ex I Want Him Back? by IykeD(m): 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
This is the height of selfishness.Please don't go spoil another lady's relationship.You wanted to concentrate and you dumped the guy's ass now you want him back, is he a football that you want to play around with. Interestingly but foolishly, some guys fall for this kinda crappy games from such insensitive gals as you.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies; If U Are In A Room With 2face For 20 Mins., What Will U Do? / I Love Her But She Sleeps With Another Man / Double Edge Sword (when Revenge Is Inevitable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.