Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? (2616 Views)

Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse / Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) / Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2008
He is God of the LIVING and the DEAD.

He is not moved or threatened by natural disasters.

Those who 'die' in these disasters move on to stay with Him.

He does not get scared like we humans do.
Re: What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? by OpeLovely(f): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2008
Read your Bible for clarity.
Re: What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? by chikibaybi(f): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
sad sad sad
Re: What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? by oaroloye(m): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
SHALOM!

exu:
I've noticed that
there are some people claiming the natural disasters currently killing tens of thousands of mostly poor people is a "sign" from "God" that the end is nigh...

Are you a Computer Illiterate, that you cannot give exact references? WHERE ARE THOSE POSTS?

Does anyone here believe this and how does this relate to the notion of "God" being an all loving and thoroughly compassionate being?

ATHEIST JESUIT SHILLS ARE TRAINED TO SPREAD CONFUSION AMONG AND AGAINST PROTESTANT CHRISTIANS, BY SPREADING AND SUPPORTING DISINFORMATION.

. JOHN 3:14-21.

14. "And as Moses lifted up the Serpent in the Wilderness, even so must The Son of Man be lifted up:
15. "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have Eternal Life.
16. "For God so loved the World, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life.
17. "For God sent not His Son into the World to condemn the World; but that the World through him might be saved.
18. "He that believeth in him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in The Name of The only begotten Son of God.
19. "And this is The Condemnation,

'THAT LIGHT IS COME INTO THE WORLD,
AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS
RATHER THAN LIGHT,
BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS
WERE EVIL.'

20. "For every one that doeth Evil hateth The Light, neither cometh to The Light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21. "But he that doeth Truth cometh to The Light, that his deeds may be manifest, that they are wrought in God."

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GOSPEL IS THAT GOD IS NOT "ALL-LOVING" NOR "ALL-COMPASSIONATE."

He has NEVER claimed such a thing anywhere in The Bible.

The OYINBOS adopted such a Heretical Doctrine in the 19th Century cooked up by a pair of men named HENRY MOOREHOUSE and DWIGHT LYMAN MOODY. D.L. MOODY adopted it when he saw that it netted him literally 100 times more Converts than when he preached THE TRUTH- that GOD HATES SIN AND SINNERS BOTH.

. DEUTERONOMY 25:13-16.

13. Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small.
14. Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small.
15. (But) thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which The LORD thy God giveth thee.
16. For all that do such things, (and) all that do unrighteously, (are) an abomination unto The LORD thy God.

. PSALM 34:15-16.

15. The Eyes of The LORD
are upon the Righteous,
and his ears are open
unto their cry.
16. The Face of The LORD
is against them that do Evil,
to cut off
the Remembrance of them
from the Earth.

DOES THIS SOUND TO YOU LIKE GOD IS "ALL-LOVING" AND "ALL-COMPASSIONATE?"

WHERE did that NONSENSICAL IDEA come from?

People are angry and disgusted with God for ideas that DIDN'T come from HIM.

Here is THE TRUTH about WHOM GOD LOVES...

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments, AND keepeth them, HE it is that LOVETH ME: and he that LOVETH ME shall be LOVED OF MY FATHER, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou wilt MANIFEST THYSELF unto US, and NOT unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man LOVE ME, he will KEEP MY WORDS: and my Father WILL LOVE HIM, and WE WILL COME UNTO HIM, AND MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM.
24. "He that loveth me NOT keepeth not my Sayings: and The Word Which ye hear is NOT MINE, BUT THE FATHER'S WHICH SENT ME.
25. "These things have I Spoken unto you, being (yet) present with you.
26. "BUT THE COMFORTER, (WHICH IS) THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU.
27. "Peace I leave leave with you, my Peace give I unto you: NOT AS THE WORLD GIVETH give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

ONLY THOSE WHOM GOD LOVES HAVE THE POWER TO PROTECT THEIR POPULATION CENTRES FROM DISASTERS- NATURAL OR UNNATURAL.

. JOHN 15:1-8.

"I AM The True Vine, and my Father us The Husbandman.
2. "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit He Taketh Away: and every (branch) that beareth fruit, He Purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. "Now ye are clean through The Word which I have spoken unto you.
4. "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. "I am The Vine, ye are The Branches:

'HE THAT ABIDETH IN ME,
AND IN HIM,
THE SAME BRINGETH FORTH
MUCH FRUIT:'

for without me ye can do nothing.
6. "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast (them) into The Fire, and they are burned.
7. "If ye abide in me, and my Words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. "Herein is my Father Glorified,

'THAT YE BEAR MUCH FRUIT;'

so shall ye be my Disciples."

(1) (2) (Reply)

King David Of The Bible / True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris / Pastor E.A Adeboye shared this Touching Story and PRAYER for everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.