Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. (14384 Views)

Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Redlyn:

Yes I accept the bold and that is why I italicized the word before. Its a bit of a mindbender.
At the same time I am open to theories such as mutliverse or big bounce theory (where the universe expands and collapses eternally) which suggest that there are multiple phases of time.
Well all I can about say about both theories is that, at the moment, they are almost purely hypothetical.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
holamiday:
Darkrebel666. Avada kedavra. That's the magic word Voldemort said before killing Cedric in harry potter & the goblet of fire.
Please say i'm right.

~ That's the killing curse in the harry porter series.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by proflomo(m): 10:38am On Apr 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ma target dis year is to convert ya back to d fold of believers. Ma Scripture tells me, becos dey re not of God, wen dey gather in one direction dey shall scatter in different directions. By d power vested on me I sow a seed of discord on dis thread and confusion amidst d freetinkers, Amin!
Huh! Hobi! Ela koko!
The thread is marching on. Your gate of whatever - hell, heaven, god, Jesus, holy spirit and so on, can't prevail over this truth-promoting thread.
All these religionists, when will they learn to accept that as crude as human intelligence is now, it's still astronomically far superior to their blind faith? The blind faith being the tool their religious masters have always used to blindfold them so as to enrich themselves and their relatives while they keep the blindfolded followers impoverished. Na wa o.
You better wise up.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by proflomo(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Science is gradually, slowly or quickly, marching towards the ultimate univerdal truth. Religion, however, is nowhere near it. It's has always pretended to be the custodian of truth - false 'truth' actually.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by jummygo(f): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Oremu sanc nothing. Seed of discord will not work on this thread. U know why? We r united. We postulate theories, argue a bit, discuss. We don't rant and rave and curse and bind.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by jummygo(f): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
However if u persist. I call upon Ayelala, Amadioha, Sango, Ogun, Buddha, Kali, and so on. U know the rest. To show u the path to the light.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by jummygo(f): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Third reply for today. Let us keep our minds clear. No brainwashing. You come fully equipped. Full options. The rest is 'jara'. Religion is an option. Not a gateway. We are ALL born with the knowledge of right and wrong. No imposition. No vengeful seeking God with a pitchfork pushing you into the pit of hell or a devil doing it for that matter. Live right, treat your fellow co-creations right and.........

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by jummygo(f): 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
By d way, I forgot Soppona. Olodumare, Ganesh, hmmmmmm (scratching head), oh? u should know. You who believes in a :GOD'.Other ppl. r idiots, right? and u can impose on their beliefs though it's clearly stated, agnostics, freethinkers and such. U can't rule me!

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by jummygo(f): 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
@op
was expecting a reply o.
The silence is too long.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
jummygo:
@op
was expecting a reply o.
The silence is too long.

Hey take it easy... Lol..
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
jummygo:
@op
was expecting a reply o.
The silence is too long.

What is AMORC and are you a member?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by proflomo(m): 9:29am On Apr 09, 2015
jummygo:
@op
was expecting a reply o.
The silence is too long.

I love your spirit. I think we have quite some features in common. I'll call you when I perceive that you have seen this message. I have your number. Don't bother yourself.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Check am na...

We africans just carry another people's mythology for head ni... grin
Are you not a Jew from the tribe of Gad?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Are you not a Jew from the tribe of Gad?

Yeah just like you are an egyptian from Giza smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by allthingsfitnez(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
jummygo:
@op
was expecting a reply o.
The silence is too long.

I'm sorry i didn't see this

what did you ask please?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by kolajamesjnr(m): 8:04am On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I cover dis thread wif d blood of Jesus, I sprinkle dis thread wid holy water, and I cast and bind d devil here to d bottom less pit were it will never return, Amin.
LWKMD grin
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Niflheim(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Where does god come from?

1.Remember those days we used to hear about? When our caveman ancestors roamed the plains looking for wild pigs to eat? Rain suddenly starts falling, lightening strikes, a caveman falls down to the ground and is hurt, then one of them shouts, UGA WUGA MUGA!!! SKY PEOPLE ARE ANGRY, SO SKY PEOPLE THROW JAVELIN OF LIGHT TO KILL US ON THE GROUND!!!"

2.And when the thunder roars, are ancestors scream, "WUGU BUGU MUGU!!! SKY PEOPLE ARE SHOUTING FROM THEIR GREAT SHELTER IN THE SKY!!!"

3.But what of the day that lightening strikes a tree on the mountain top? And they see smoke rising from the top of the mountain? They shouted, "WIGI MIGI LIGI!!! MYSTERIOUS OLD WOMAN ON MOUNTAIN IS COOKING EGUSI SOUP IN GIANT POT!!!"

4.And the day our ancestors witnessed rainfall for the first time in their lives, they shouted, "YAGA WAGA LAGA!!! LITTLE SKY CHILDREN ARE CRYING BECAUSE MUMMY NO GIVE THEM BIG BREAST TO SUCK!!!"

FINAL CONCLUSION: God was born in the ancient prehistoric "BRAIN" of stone age troglodytes, who taught us the art of looking up to the sky in prayer, because they did not understand lightening, thunder and "RAIN"!!!
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Niflheim(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
@the general house,

I hope you are aware of this!!! The Atheists Society of Nigeria has finally been registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission!!! The President is Calistus Igwilo(I do not know him personally, but he is very visible on Facebook)!!!

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Niflheim:
@the general house,

I hope you are aware of this!!! The Atheists Society of Nigeria has finally been registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission!!! The President is Calistus Igwilo(I do not know him personally, but he is very visible on Facebook)!!!
i don't think i fancy the idea of an atheistic organization. . .

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by chriswu(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
First of all, it is practically impossible for the Ark to have existed due to many reasons.
1. Animals wouldn't get along. If you had the lions in one cage and the yaks in another, it would spell mental disaster for both species. One is thinking of eating the other and the other is having a fit, thinking about dying.
2. Unresponsiveness of animals. Simple question. How would they have coerced a t rex into a box?Lol
3. Laws of nature. A wooden structure in high wind and waters will twist and there would have been lots of racking. If humans could build such a boat, they would have built it in the slave trade era
4. Ammonia build up. With animals comes waste. Who cleaned all the waste if there was only one family
5. Fish. So the fish in the water also drowned?
6. Birds, couldn't they hop on the Ark and hide out outside in its corners?
7. Realistically speaking how were the animals being fed? What animal was killed to feed the lions, tigers, jaguar
8. Hemophilia .in humans, having sex in closely related individuals led to hemophilia.it was prevalent in the royal family. Numerous diseases from inbreeding are noticed in Asian communities too. Also in pure and line bred pedigree dogs, horses , cows. So did God stop hemophilia for the rapid reproduction in Noahs lineage to occur?
This are my basic thoughts not copied . If i have answers to this I will believe there was an ark. This is what freethinking is about

There is God? ..what I wanna know is where he came from.

Plus many of the bible stories sound like Fairy tales...

I opened a thread last year asking how it was possible for Noah to gather all the animals in the world and fit them into that ark... but no one could explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos : Lagos Begins Airlift Of Pilgrims / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble?