Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. (14426 Views)

Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:49am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

The sun could have been created on any day.
I still don't get where you're heading with this.
So how can the sun responsible for day and night be created four days after day and night.. and this sounds right to you?

MzNelly:

You really think the sun, moon, stars, wind, heaven, earth and seas came about by chance?

Wow

People dey o smiley
The sun and the moon are only what you know? you forgot about galaxies, nebulas, billions of planets . . . you claim they cant come about by chance then again you claim your god came about by chance without needing a creator is that not failing in your own argument?

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

The sun could have been created on any day.
I still don't get where you're heading with this.

You really think the sun, moon, stars, wind, heaven, earth and seas came about by chance?

Wow

People dey o smiley

You really mean the earth bla bla bla was created by some mysterious being?

People dey o too!

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
theAtheist101 I think I understand you.....you mean a car didn't just start being a car right?....but through car-like imitations....but then again you should understand that your answer made it analogous to saying inanimate objects are governed by biological evolution..

OK
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Because you need an understanding of life itself to understand my point. Check David's comment.

A car-like is something that moves at the speed range of a car. I already stated this point at the beginning.
devians comments explained to you the mistakes in your analogies, trying liken inanimate objects to be governed by biological evolution and that exactly was my problem right from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Mznelly what do you refer to as "chance"?

And p.s - I know half your comments are for your own amusement.

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

You really mean the earth bla bla bla was created by some mysterious being?

People dey o too!

Yeah, goodnight. kiss

johnydon22:
So how can the sun responsible for day and night be created four days after day and night.. and this sounds right to you?
The sun and the moon are only what you know? you forgot about galaxies, nebulas, billions of planets . . . you claim they cant come about by chance then again you claim your god came about by chance without needing a creator is that not failing in your own argument?

Go to bed. undecided

I believe in a God. I do not need to know how He came about to believe in Him; just as I do not need to see the breeze to believe it exists.

It s faith. I know that sounds cliche, but that's what it is-Faith.

Okay, goodnight Atheists. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
Mznelly what do you refer to as "chance"?

Evolution.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:55am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Evolution.
And what is evolution?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
And p.s - I know half your comments are for your own amusement.

grin grin
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
And what is evolution?

I want to sleep nau.

Must we argue over a blinding fact?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:58am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

I want to sleep nau.

Must we argue over a blinding fact?
If you consider it a "binding fact" why(apart from your own amusement) would you try to act as though it weren't?

I'm really disgusted by dishonesty... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:58am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Yeah, goodnight. kiss

Go to bed. undecided

I believe in a God. I do not need to know how He came about to believe in Him; just as I do not need to see the breeze to believe it exists.

It s faith. I know that sounds cliche, but that's what it is-Faith.

Okay, goodnight Atheists. cheesy cheesy

Lmao....but you need to know how the universe came about? and decided to bring a god who you do not need how it came about to believe it to explain how the universe came about? **funny**

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

devians comments explained to you the mistakes in your analogies, trying liken unanimous objects to be governed by biological evolution and that exactly was my problem right from the beginning.

That is why I said you should find out how we became living things. This would help you understand my argument. I would be wasting my time lingering on this argument.

Read about the creation of life itself.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
If you consider it a "binding fact" why(apart from your own amusement) would you try to act as though it weren't?

I'm really disgusted by dishonesty... undecided

Um....I don't understand.

I'm not being dishonest.

I said blinding fact.

There's no such thing as evolution, that's the blinding fact here.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:01am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Um....I don't understand.

I'm not being dishonest.

I said blinding fact.

There's no such thing as evolution, that's the blinding fact here.

So if I were to ask.....is every living thing already fully formed?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao....but you need to know how the universe came about? and decided to bring a god who you do not need how it came about to believe it to explain how the universe came about? **funny**

God exists tongue

Stop thinking about this whole thing too much

Johnny, you go old quick o tongue tongue
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:02am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

That is why I said you should find out how we became living things. This would help you understand my argument. I would be wasting my time lingering on this argument.

Read about the creation of life itself.
The creation of life? please educate me.. please tell me how?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:
The creation of life? please educate me.. please tell me how?

Find out for yourself.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:06am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

God exists tongue

Stop thinking about this whole thing too much

Johnny, you go old quick o tongue tongue

Lmao... thinking about what?

You choose to believe a sky bearded man somewhere in the sky created the universe (clinging to an ancient archaic way of explaining things that they couldnt understand) but yet again you can't substantiate your claim, you can't prove ur claim and is not even sure..

You need a personal relationship with reality... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
So if I were to ask.....is every living thing already fully formed?

You're tryna con me into saying something stup1d here, aren't you?

Goodnight jhoor undecided
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:07am On Apr 01, 2015
Mznelly is every living thing fully formed?

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:07am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Find out for yourself.
please help me find out... Can you tell me
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... thinking about what?

You choose to believe a sky bearded man somewhere in the sky created the universe (clinging to an ancient archaic way of explaining things that they couldnt understand) but yet again you can't substantiate your claim, you can't prove ur claim and is not even sure..

You need a personal relationship with reality... cheesy

I don't have to prove anything to you.

You're an atheist, remember?

You don't believe in God, and that isn't about to change anytime soon.

I'm in the least bit interested in fighting a lost battle.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:10am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

You're tryna con me into saying something stup1d here, aren't you?

Goodnight jhoor undecided
Well I'm only trying to see if you agree with the bible, that all creatures were "fully formed" in 6 days, do you agree that everything is "fully formed"?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
Well I'm only trying to see if you agree with the bible, that all creatures were "fully formed" in 6 days, do you agree?

Yeah, I agree.

Now what?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

please help me find out... Can you tell me

In short: organic substances from meteorite, water and heat from the sun. The rest was natural selection.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:15am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

I don't have to prove anything to you.
lmao first you have to start from yourself... once the concept of God is proven, it will no longer be belief but knowledge and you wouldn't need faith to believe, you would be sure.
MzNelly:

You're an atheist, remember?
Yes, when i tell you i have a flying horse, and you say you dont believe me. all i need do is show you my flying horse and am sure you and i know that settles it. But this ur sky daddy is still elusive to even u believers to be sure, you just cling to it by faith.
MzNelly:

You don't believe in God, and that isn't about to change anytime soon.
Actually i have many real things to believe like My girl friend.. e.g my dp smiley
MzNelly:

I'm in the least bit interested in fighting a lost battle.
You will only end up becoming a skeptic, then you hit agnotism and then it will happen. you shed the crap totally smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:18am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
Well I'm only trying to see if you agree with the bible, that all creatures were "fully formed" in 6 days, do you agree that everything is "fully formed"?
Davien, am very sure MzNelly clearly have no clue that the bible creation myth was copied from the mesopotamian creation myth.. these folks needs to research about their cherished jewish beliefs.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:
lmao first you have to start from yourself... once the concept of God is proven, it will no longer be belief but knowledge and you wouldn't need faith to believe, you would be sure.
Yes, when i tell you i have a flying horse, and you say you dont believe me. all i need do is show you my flying horse and am sure you and i know that settles it. But this ur sky daddy is still elusive to even u believers to be sure, you just cling to it by faith.
Actually i have many real things to believe like My girl friend.. e.g my dp smiley

You will only end up becoming a skeptic, then you hit agnotism and then it will happen. you shed the crap totally smiley

That picture is so cute embarassed embarassed

That's the only thing I read out of everything embarassed embarassed grin grin

Does she know your atheist stance?
tongue
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Davien, am very sure Mz..Nelly clearly have no clue that the bible creation myth was copied from the mesopotamian creation myth.. these folks needs to research about their cherished jewish beliefs.. cheesy

angry angry
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:24am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

That picture is so cute embarassed embarassed

That's the only thing I read out of everything embarassed embarassed grin grin

Does she know your atheist stance?
tongue
Yeap she does..smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:26am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

angry angry
lmao... You had no idea right ? grin You need to know more about ur beliefs.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.