Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,653 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! (8407 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by femzy(m): 11:18am On Jan 16, 2009
if na naija; dt sea coast crash na office for the naijadelta militants.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Ilelobola: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2009
Well done to the pilot, his crew and all the people that maintain the aircraft and ensured everything was working! I've worked with one of the best airlines in Europe and the number of times you find that life jackets are incomplete etc or something wasn't working properly etc after a flight.

I agree with some posts that we have excellent pilots in Nigeria but our emergency services would have let the pilot down big time or perhaps the maintenance guys for the aircraft would have left one or 2 things out intentionally or not. I can never forget the PHC airport crash with parents watching their children burn alive, surely more lives should have been saved from that crash if we had reliable emergency services but someone somewhere thinks it's not important.

God's been good to these people, even better to us Nigerians with the risks we take in our airspace and I can only pray he continues to be good to us all.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Poj1(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2009
God bless America. Let's pray for Naija,we can get there too. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2009
if na for port hacourt, they would be rescued by MEND and taken hostage right after.

its going to take a lot of work but Lagos/NIGERIA would get there.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mreds: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2009
"God be praised" That's what the Americans and every lives in that plane should be saying,instead,they are praising the pilot.God have mercy!It is well,
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by ohaechesi(m): 11:28am On Jan 16, 2009
Macvyno:

This is another reason for the survivors to thank God immensely, for keeping the pilot in the right frame of mind. If it had crashed on land, the story would have been another tragedy in the aviation history. Glory be to God Almighty.

Kudos also to the pilot, atleast for not taking some shots of monkey tail, before setting off for flight unlike my Naija Pilots them from Osunbi to Lagos.

We just have to acknowledge the level of organisation and development in American. For a rescue team to save 155 in less than 12 hours, my brother its a kudos because that cant happen in Naija. Infact Rescue team hot line go freeze because it will not be reacheable in the moment please try again letter. Maybe when BBC or CNN flash immediately on breaking News and some good fellow Nigerians rush down to thier office, to inform them, they will tell you "their oga no dey" if he come e go give orders make them go save them. When Oga returns from when he went for some shot of soilder root, he will tell you the fuel wen dey motor no go fit reach there. Even when good citizen Nigerian donates fuel immediately, they will be having only 5 life jackets, which they will be intend to use to save 155 persons.

Infact for Niaja na God go help us

I want to say a big PRAISE THE LORD for sparing the lives of 155 people. May his name always be glorified. How could you be very sure that 9jia could be as bad as you had published here? too quick to jumping into conclusion. What happened was just an act of God and not the pilot of which God in his infinite mercy could grant any pilot in 9jia such grace.

Talking about the inefficiency of the rescue team in 9jia, you can't be too sure when it comes to issues like this. This is not a case of armed rubbers rubbing some where and the police was notified, this is a total case of humanity. remember, necessity is the mother of invention. though i'm not comparing the efficiency of US rescue team to the one of 9jia.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2009
ohaechesi:

I want to say a big PRAISE THE LORD for sparing the lives of 155 people. May his name always be glorified. How could you be very sure that 9jia could be as bad as you had published here? too quick to jumping into conclusion. What happened was just an act of God and not the pilot of which God in his infinite mercy could grant any pilot in 9jia such grace.

Talking about the inefficiency of the rescue team in 9jia, you can't be too sure when it comes to issues like this. This is not a case of armed rubbers rubbing some where and the police was notified, this is a total case of humanity. remember, necessity is the mother of invention. though i'm not comparing the efficiency of US rescue team to the one of 9jia.

the crashes in naija that didnt end favorably were acts of God too. to show he can do as he pleases.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by IBEXY(m): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2009
I got a photo on the crash survivors.

Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by minute(f): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2009
Thank God the water was cold enough to keep the plane floating longer.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by sojioguns(m): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2009
@minute, please I want to understand. I never knew temperature had an effect on surface tension in liquids.
I miss dem old physics days.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Grizzly(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2009
dont u geddit, ? God doesnt sleep
On a lighter side, to think the plank crashed because it hit a flock of birds!!!! shocked
funny grin
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by sojioguns(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2009
@Grizzly, a few birds obviously got through the fans and into the combustion chamber of the engine, causing it to malfunction. I think jet engine designers should really work on this as this is not the first case of birds in jet engines.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2009
Grizzly:

dont u geddit, ? God doesnt sleep
On a lighter side, to think the plank crashed because it hit a flock of birds!!!! shocked
funny grin

lol, maibe they were trying to claim omo onile/ native right from the plane and it didnt comply. but seriously though, they got there first. grin
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Grizzly(m): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
yeah thats really stupid,
u got to be careful about some small birds,
when u are the bird in charge,
stupid
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by bluespice(f): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2009
pardon my refusal to jump up and down on the sighting of this thread
but it was a river not the sea! angry

ehen *jumping up and down with glee* grin
thank goodness for the lives saved
jeez! that musta been one helluva experience
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by meexteriox(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
The pilot and other crew members were magnificient.
I really thank God for their lives.
Please people, lets leave Nigeria out this. It will be highly
unthinkable to imagine this happening in Nigeria.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by yicob(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
Nufin but a miracle. Could happen anywhere.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Phony200(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2009
The landing was a miracle. However, the miracle was unconfirmed until rescue operations began. Hypothermia could have killed those people. Shock and delay could have killed them too. Emergency response is nearly non-existent in nigeria. It's not badmouth. It's sadly true. If it were in nigeria, even if God saved them from the crash, i'm sure half would drown before rescue boats get there. It's water so the plane would eventually sink. Try figuring out the average time that would take and also the average time you think it would take nigerian rescuers.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by amebono14: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

Amazing!
I wish i was on the flight to witness the two thoughts of survival and perishing
! grin

i reject it for u
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by delegiwa(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
I'm really shocked at the level of negativism (I hope I'm correct) on this thread.  What do u guys mean here/  There are better pilots here in 9ja and I mean it.  Let me tell u something, if that thing had happened in Nigeria, say Lagos, in less than a minute, help (in the form of fishermen) would've arrived, only that u get to hear the news and see the pictures first on CNN before our local stations. grin

9ja for life.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by MrCrackles(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
amebo no.1:

i reject it for u

Thanks cheesy grin
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by BOSS7: 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2009
delegiwa:

I'm really shocked at the level of negativism (I hope I'm correct) on this thread. What do u guys mean here/ There are better pilots here in 9ja and I mean it. Let me tell u something, if that thing had happened in Nigeria, say Lagos, in less than a minute, help (in the form of fishermen) would've arrived, only that u get to hear the news and see the pictures first on CNN before our local stations. grin

9ja for life.

grin
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2009
delegiwa:

I'm really shocked at the level of negativism (I hope I'm correct) on this thread.  What do u guys mean here/  There are better pilots here in 9ja and I mean it.  Let me tell u something, if that thing had happened in Nigeria, say Lagos, in less than a minute, help (in the form of fishermen) would've arrived, only that u get to hear the news and see the pictures first on CNN before our local stations. grin

9ja for life.
good stuff

we would have used our yatch/hotel as rescue boat the way water taxi's were used.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by onyx79(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
Glad to hear something different from the fatalities we are used to having with air crashes.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by IBEXY(m): 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
Much is being ascribed to the plane pilot for expertly guiding the aircraft to land safely. Many eye witnesses agree that the plane "landed smoothly" in the river just like on a runway. Says quite a lot about the pilot who was once an airforce fighter pilot for 29 years. Experience does matter. I found his picture and a little about him:

Name: Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III
Former Air Force fighter pilot
29 years with US Airways

Has own consulting business, Safety Reliability Methods Inc

His photo is below.

Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
If the accident has occured in Naija, some people here will tell you that it could NEVER have happen in America and other "advanced" countries.

They will give the impression that it's only in Naija that birds can hit a plane.

Thank God it happened in the "most advanced" country.

Since it did not happen here, they are now trying to "imaging"
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by vikiviko(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
stunning and intriguing
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by missrabiu(f): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
if it happened in nigeria,,,all the passengers would probably have died,
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2009
miss rabiu:

if it happened in nigeria,,,all the passengers would probably have died,
Wrong!. They could as well be saved.

I tire fo people oo!. Why must they always ascribe things that could go the wrong way to only Nigeria?. uuuups!!
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by cvibe: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
Thank God for his little Mercies.

Guys,

Please don't write off our Naija with response to emergencies. Our Eagles will fly again someday.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by SisiJinx: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
Hero Pilot

Images of the plane

Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by SisiJinx: 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Simpsons Predicted Kim Yo Jong Taking Over From Kim Jong Un / Deadly Earthquake Leaves 7 Dead And 318 Hospitalised In Taiwan. / Niger: ECOWAS Denies Influence Of ‘Foreign Power’, Insists On Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.