Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! (8409 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by wunmilyn(f): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
i really thank God for those lives and the pilot and the rescue team.

Phony200:

The landing was a miracle. However, the miracle was unconfirmed until rescue operations began. Hypothermia could have killed those people. Shock and delay could have killed them too. Emergency response is nearly non-existent in nigeria. It's not badmouth. It's sadly true. If it were in nigeria, even if God saved them from the crash, i'm sure half would drown before rescue boats get there. It's water so the plane would eventually sink. Try figuring out the average time that would take and also the average time you think it would take nigerian rescuers.

true talk.
yes is not bad-mouth, if it was in nigeria dat this incident occur,
i bet u, the plane would va sank before any rescue team will get there.

ok take a look at the incident that occur last year november, where a car jump into the lagoon on the third mainland bridge. it was 4days after, they came nd pull out that car,
when the victims were already dead. cry cry
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by SisiJinx: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2009

Can yOu say. . . AMAZING?!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
i knew some americans were retarded but i didnt expect their retardation to be manifest the way it does sometimes. you might ask why i say this. its because some people are questioning why the pilot landed the plane in the river and didnt land the plane at the airport instead.

i dont blame them though, they must have a reason to have thought of that and questioned the pilots decision. make i go find out why they are questioning it, maibe it might be a valid reason.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by kufreabasi(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
glory be to God for serving their lives
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by maedan(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
The first thing I thought when I saw the story last night, was God is alive. I mean, it could have been much, much worse. Textbook landing, bravery of pilot etc, and even the fact that d river looks shallow enough not to have posed a threat to life: the main conclusion is,over a 150 people walking away from a plane crash scene: it's the hand of God. It's times like these I'm glad I never stop believing in Him. wink
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by multebrain(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2009
I PRAY TO GOD THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA IF NOT EVERYONE WILL DIE AND NIGERIA GOVERNMENT WILL TELL YOU NOT TO PANICE THAT ONLY 150 PEOPLE DIE AT LEAST WE HAVE MORE THAN 120 MILLION PEOPLE lol lol
IF 150 DIE OF OUT 120 MILLION MATHEMATICHIANS HELP ME TELL THEM THE BALANCE OKAY I KNOW NIGERIA DONT KNOW HOW MUCH WE ARE BUT I JUST SAY 120 MILLION PLS I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL REMAIN IF 150000-120 00000000=
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2009
Textbook landing, bravery of pilot etc, and even the fact that d river looks shallow enough not to have posed a threat to life:

the river is deeper than you might think. cruise ships dock on that side of the city. its even deep enough, the government is thinking of using its depth and current to generate electricity.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Grizzly(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2009
Abeg multibrain abeg,
I no wan laff
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by maedan(f): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
must_a_far:

the river is deeper than you might think. cruise ships dock on that side of the city. its even deep enough, the government is thinking of using its depth and current to generate electricity.

You're probaby right, but when u see people in the pictures standing knee-deep around the sinking plane, u get d idea it was no major hazard. Think if the plane "landed" in d middle of the OCEAN,  hmmn. Like I said, God is in charge, 100%.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by TrueBrit: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sapphic:

The Pilot was BRILLIANT and showed guts. Thank God nobody lost his/her life.

It is not a matter of bad mouthing Nigeria or being negative. It is a case of realism. Someone has to call a spade a spade abeg. If it was Nigeria, it is more likely than not that the people would have perished before or upon landing. But just for the sake of argument, if in Nigeria a pilot had gotten a plane safely on the River Niger or River Benue for example, many or most passengers would have likely DROWNED because our rescue services are practically non-existent (or if I want to be kind, they are grossly incompetent).

When Nigeria has something good to talk about, I'll be up there singing her praises. Until then, I'll tell it like it really is.

LMAO. . . true talk. lipsrsealed
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by KarmaMod(f): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2009
I think I rather die than fall in the Hudson.

Those people will continue to stink for the rest of their lives
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by mustafar1: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
KarmaMod:

and why is that a better option? for the most part they never got into the water itself. ok their feet maibe, cos they stood on the wings which were somewhat submerged.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Sapphic: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
KarmaMod:

Yeah rite.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Guk: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
I had a conversation with a Fireman in Lagos in Sept 2008 & he acknowledged that things were very bad but had started changing with some new guy that was made the head of Fire Service in Lagos.

Whislt i do not want to bad mouth 9ja, the truth has to be told: THERE IS NO VALUE ATTACHED TO HUMAN LIFE HERE IN 9JA. When we had the 2 aircrashes; Bellview in Ogun state and Sosoliso in P.H, govt made noise about buying Search & Rescue Helicopters (of course, chop chop for d boys) we did not have common procedure on how to save someone who falls into a well.

Private companies are not exempt from the ignorance of safety instructions as well. (1) How many banks in 9ja today conduct HSE (2) How many orgs comply wth their HSE.
Once when the Alarm of an Oil & Gas went off, i promptly walked briskly down the Emergency exit only to find abandoned chairs & other stuff littering the Fire exit.

The most pathetic one is the 4 Towers of NNPC Abuja, where, when the alarm went off, majority of their staff did nt even budge.

Na we dey do ourselves
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by earTHMama: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2009

Be careful of what you ask for dearie.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by redsun(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
The pilot was bent on living,he wasn't ready for death yet,he did all he could to stay alive.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Ilelobola: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
maedan:

You're probaby right, but when u see people in the pictures standing knee-deep around the sinking plane, u get d idea it was no major hazard. Think if the plane "landed" in d middle of the OCEAN, hmmn. Like I said, God is in charge, 100%.

The river was apparently 50 feet deep where the plane crashed into it. The people were standing on the wings of the aircraft not the water.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by KarmaMod(f): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sapphic:

Yeah rite.

If you've ever pass by the river lasan in a car, you'd understand why I said such. well that and the fact that death doesnt bother me.

That river is so gross. ughhh  undecided
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by earTHMama: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2009
If you've ever pass by the river lasan in a car, you'd understand why I said such. well that and the fact that death doesnt bother me.

That river is so gross. ughhh

Are you suicidal or just ready and bold to meet God?. I hope you are holy and pure in heart because hell fire is real. How can you be not afraid of death when you are yet to get born again?
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by KarmaMod(f): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
suicidal has a nice ring to it grin

benu soun jare. One min preaching, next min praying for the death of the Hausas.

shey ara e ya sha?
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by earTHMama: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
suicidal has a nice ring to it Grin

benu soun jare. One min preaching, next min praying for the death of the Hausas.

shey ara e ya sha?

grin grin grin Are you born again, yes or no?
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Sapphic: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
You don come with your preaching again Earthpikin. E be like say you don miss road o. Religion section na third turning on the left from the roundabout before the Home page. This place na politics section. Abeg, try not to get confused next time. LOL tongue
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
if this was nigeria they all would have perished in the lagoon. first of all we'd never have found them until it was too late.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by PurestBoy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
The pilot worths remembering for this heroic action of saving 155 lives. I cannot say what will happen if the accident had occured in Nigeria.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Kingjames(m): 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
Its amazing to see the mighty work of God.
We should not loose focus here, God used the pilot.

Nigeria should learn from this in responding to
emergencies as those people would have perished
in the river if not for the intervertion of rescue workers.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
Kingjames:

Its amazing to see the mighty work of God.
We should not loose focus here, God used the pilot.

Nigeria should learn from this in responding to
emergencies as those people would have perished
in the river if not for the intervertion of rescue workers.

KingJames, i am a christian but pls enough of that nonsense. grin True the crash was the work of God but it is also a testament to the efficiency of emergency services in the US. If that plane had landed on the Lagos Lagoon almost all the 155 would have perished by drowning.
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by KarmaMod(f): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2009
You don come with your preaching again Earthpikin. E be like say you don miss road o. Religion section na third turning on the left from the roundabout before the Home page. This place na politics section. Abeg, try not to get confused next time. LOL

Dont mind her. Oniranu omo
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by cgift(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2009
You can imagine some people still questioning why he did not land the place in the aiport? Funny me! The pilot made typically a u-turn in the air and was headed back for the airport but instincts and experience showed him he wasnot going to make it to the airport runway and had to make a quich decision to land in the water! he must have weighed the options criutically. All the way before getting to the river, he had flown across areas with considerable residences! He should have chosen to even crash it there and by then they would not be asking this nonsense question of why he did not land in the airport.

Humans can be so funny attimes!
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by KarmaMod(f): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
if na for port hacourt, they would be rescued by MEND and taken hostage right after.

Rofl grin
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Hotstepper(f): 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2009
no need saying if it was Naija, infact, wen i heard of it, i was suprised no-one died knowing it was in US cuz anything that happens dere, atleast da plan crashes dat has been happening, ppl has been dieing
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2009
if it was naija - the poorly trained pilot would have crashed the plane into a mountain . . .and we'd still hearing that "no one knows where the plane is" . . .until some hunters find it. . .and they won't notify us until after they've looted the bodies. . .
Re: Amazing Plane With More 150 Persons Crash Into The Sea And No Death! by osisi2(f): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2009
God (Jehovah) bless America!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Simpsons Predicted Kim Yo Jong Taking Over From Kim Jong Un / Deadly Earthquake Leaves 7 Dead And 318 Hospitalised In Taiwan. / Niger: ECOWAS Denies Influence Of ‘Foreign Power’, Insists On Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.