Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Want To Serve God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Serve God (2303 Views)

I Have Asperger’s Syndrome. How Can I Serve God As An Aspie? / It's Pays To Serve God..read These Great Testimonies To Boast Your Faith. / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2015
bingbagbo:

GET BEHIND HIM SATAN!!! IN JESUS NAME I RESIST YOU

Is Satan on Nairalander too?
Re: I Want To Serve God by blunderass01: 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
blueyedgeek:
"This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike
Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not
spare them
, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, (1 samuel 15 : 3)

Hmmmn, you are playing with your life. This God that we serve is a merciless, unforgiving God. He killed babies for far less, he will kill you if you don't go to church.

Mr. Blueyedgeek, it is best if you stop misrepresenting the word of God. Back in the days of Samuel, the Amalekites were a very wicked race, who opposes the people of God and seek to oppress them every time. And they were not willing to repent. But now we have Jesus who has sacrificed Himself because of us. You can say if he doesn't go to church the Lord won't be happy, but what i think is that it is the work of devil. He is trying to stop him from fulfilling his purpose in life. I will suggest you pray against this and set a reminder for yourself making it a must for you to go. Even when you feel tired tell whoever you are staying with to pack your clothes out and lock you out, perhaps with this you will be able to go to church. I don't know sha
Re: I Want To Serve God by timmy2409(m): 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
bingbagbo:

GET BEHIND HIM SATAN!!! IN JESUS NAME I RESIST YOU

This is wickedness.

You're the one Satan wants to have behind-based fun with, why are you resisting and sending him to someone else? SMH
Re: I Want To Serve God by wiegraf: 2:11am On Mar 18, 2015
blueyedgeek:
"This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike
Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not
spare them
, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, (1 samuel 15 : 3)

Hmmmn, you are playing with your life. This God that we serve is a merciless, unforgiving God. He killed babies for far less, he will kill you if you don't go to church.

Not necessarily true. He might not kill him (directly, at least). He will certainly roast him in hell forever though

1 Like

Re: I Want To Serve God by blueyedgeek(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
blunderass01:

Mr. Blueyedgeek, it is best if you stop misrepresenting the word of God. Back in the days of Samuel, the Amalekites were a very wicked race, who opposes the people of God and seek to oppress them every time. And they were not willing to repent. But now we have Jesus who has sacrificed Himself because of us.
So god's flimsy excuse was that the Amalekites were a wicked race and so his answer was to kill an entire race; fathers, mothers, children all wiped away like they meant nothing. You choose to see nothing wrong nothing with this and even defend god's stupid instruction to kill infants and children. Una don loss finish.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Serve God by malvisguy212: 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
blueyedgeek:
So god's flimsy excuse was that the Amalekites were a wicked race and so his answer was to kill an entire race; fathers, mothers, children all wiped away like they meant nothing. You choose to see nothing wrong nothing with this and even defend god's stupid instruction to kill infants and children. Una don loss finish.
you guys qoute verses from the bible that talk abouy how God proclaimed judgment on the unbelievers but failed to provide verse of their evil acts, after God judge them, God did not immediately carry on the acts, he waited for 300 years until he fulfilled his judgment.

What causes the war between amalikites and the isrealite? it all started during the exedus era,they
were traveling during the Exodus ( Ex
17:cool. And the amalikites attack them without apparent provocation

Deuteronomy 25:17-18
" 17 Remember what the Amalekites did to you along the way when you came out of Egypt. 18 When you were weary and worn out, they met you on your journey and attacked all who were lagging behind; they had no fear of God."

This verse indicate that the amalikites started the war.

They later attacked Israel during the time of the Judges (Jdg 3:13) and often raided the Israelites' land after they had planted crops, leaving them with nothing ( Jdg 6:2-5):

Judges 6:2-5
2 Because the power of Midian was so
oppressive, THE ISREALITE PREPARED
SHELTER FOR THEMSELVES in mountain
clefts, caves and strongholds. 3
Whenever the Israelites PLANTED THEIR CROP, the Midianites, AMALIKITES and
other eastern peoples INVADED THE
COUNTRY. 4 They camped on the land and ruined the crops all the way to Gaza and did not spare a living thing for Israel,
neither sheep nor cattle nor donkeys. 5
They came up with their livestock and
their tents like swarms of locusts. It was
impossible to count them or their camels; they invaded the land to ravage it.

Still God did not carry on his judgement, the amalikites keep on attacking isreal in the book of Samuel,that is over 300 years when God said this in exedus;

Exedus17:14-16
The LORD said to Moses, "Write this
on a scroll as something to be
remembered and make sure that
Joshua hears it, because I WILL
COMPLETELY BLOT out the memory of
Amalek from under heaven."
Moses built an altar and called it The
LORD is my Banner. He said, "For
hands were lifted up to the throne of
the LORD. The LORD will be at war
against the Amalekites from
generation to generation."

After over 300 years God wipe them out because of there continuously evil against God children, today there is no nation of them existing.during that 300 years they may have heard the judgment of God and repented but no , they dint. Mr atheist be sincere next time and quote where it all started.
Re: I Want To Serve God by blueyedgeek(m): 10:55am On Mar 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
you guys qoute verses from the bible that talk abouy how God proclaimed judgment on the unbelievers but failed to provide verse of their evil acts, after God judge them, God did not immediately carry on the acts, he waited for 300 years until he fulfilled his judgment.

What causes the war between amalikites and the isrealite? it all started during the exedus era,they
were traveling during the Exodus ( Ex

" 17 Remember what the Amalekites did to you along the way when you came out of Egypt. 18 When you were weary and worn out, they met you on your journey and attacked all who were lagging behind; they had no fear of God."

This verse indicate that the amalikites started the war.

They later attacked Israel during the time of the Judges (Jdg 3:13) and often raided the Israelites' land after they had planted crops, leaving them with nothing ( Jdg 6:2-5):

Judges 6:2-5
2 Because the power of Midian was so
oppressive, THE ISREALITE PREPARED
SHELTER FOR THEMSELVES in mountain
clefts, caves and strongholds. 3
Whenever the Israelites PLANTED THEIR CROP, the Midianites, AMALIKITES and
other eastern peoples INVADED THE
COUNTRY. 4 They camped on the land and ruined the crops all the way to Gaza and did not spare a living thing for Israel,
neither sheep nor cattle nor donkeys. 5
They came up with their livestock and
their tents like swarms of locusts. It was
impossible to count them or their camels; they invaded the land to ravage it.

Still God did not carry on his judgement, the amalikites keep on attacking isreal in the book of Samuel,that is over 300 years when God said this in exedus;

Moses built an altar and called it The
LORD is my Banner. He said, "For
hands were lifted up to the throne of
the LORD. The LORD will be at war
against the Amalekites from
generation to generation."

After over 300 years God wipe them out because of there continuously evil against God children, today there is no nation of them existing.during that 300 years they may have heard the judgment of God and repented but no , they dint. Mr atheist be sincere next time and quote where it all started.
The Israelites were God's own people right? A beacon of hope to the rest of the nations. What makes God's supposed own people any special if they behave just like those they are supposed to be a shining light to? What makes them God's own people if they only know how to repay evil with greater evil?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Serve God by wordcat(m): 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
malvisguy212:

What causes the war between amalikites and the isrealite? it all started during the exodus era,they
were travelling during the Exodus ( Ex

Is this not a pure wickedness from a loving god?

Why should he keep reminding the Israelites the wrong melted to them by Amalekites?

A good father suppose to preach peace to his children and not war except you want me to believe that Yahweh is just for the Israelites.
Re: I Want To Serve God by malvisguy212: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
blueyedgeek:
The Israelites were God's own people right? A beacon of hope to the rest of the nations. What makes God's supposed own people any special if they behave just like those they are supposed to be a shining light to? What makes them God's own people if they only know how to repay evil with greater evil?
Being chosen as the people through whom God would send the Messiah was no walk in the park for the Jews. You are right in the sense that the Jews are supposed to be the shining light for the rest nation, but the keep on breaking the commandment of God, infacte they are supposed to walk in the desert for 40 days but because of there disobedient they ended up walking for forty years ,in the book of hosea.Because they failed to be faithful to God, the Jews were scattered among the nations, where they "profaned the name of the Lord." However, after their 70 year exile in Babylon, the God gathered the Jews back to Israel in preparation for the coming Messiah.
Re: I Want To Serve God by malvisguy212: 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
wordcat:

Is this not a pure wickedness from a loving god?

Why should he keep reminding the Israelites the wrong melted to them by Amalekites?

A good father suppose to preach peace to his children and not war except you want me to believe that Yahweh is just for the Israelites.
in exedus God judge the amalikites after 300 years God fulfilled the judgment, 300 years is enough for the amalikites to repent, the amalikites are very rich nation YET they and other nation invades the isrealite farm and and take away there food, you turn blind eyes on this!? Seriously? You are not an atheist you are a satanic but it's unknown to you.
Re: I Want To Serve God by mabeni(m): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
timmy2409:

This is wickedness.

You're the one Satan wants to have behind-based fun with, why are you resisting and sending him to someone else? SMH
he's a DEVIL!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Call Someone A Fool Or Not? / The Christian Doctrine Grid / Muslim VS Christian Debates @ Adamasingba Oyo State Ibadan Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.