Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup (7943 Views)

Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO) / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Check and see why all the women that came against one of the biggest comedian in history 30 years later and yet the man is walking around without issues, and you will be able to see why it is a different case for me.

that's a different case altogether....
cosby was alleged to have sëxually abused these women. there was no marriage or making the home or siring children involved. grin
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

that's a different case altogether....
cosby was alleged to have sëxually abused these women. there was no marriage or making the home or siring children involved. grin

If the case happened like last week and though alleged and 30 woman accused him, you dont think some element of truth would make him be somewhere else?
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

If the case happened like last week and though alleged and 30 woman accused him, you dont think some element of truth would make him be somewhere else?

if the evidence is not compelling, how can he be somewhere else? you need a strong evidence to charge anyone to court. you are trying to use the longevity as a crutch here and it doesn't really apply....

cosby could get away with his allegations because there may be no forensic evidence tenable to convict him of those crimes. no forensic evidence is needed in this particular case. the woman indeed bore a child for the man & she took care of the child while the man was being a hippy.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

if the evidence is not compelling, how can he be somewhere else? you need a strong evidence to charge anyone to court. you are trying to use the longevity as a crutch here and it doesn't really apply....

cosby could get away with his allegations because there may be no forensic evidence tenable to convict him of those crimes. no forensic evidence is needed in this particular case. the woman indeed bore a child for the man & she took care of the child while the man was being a hippy.

You and i know that with over 30 ladies . . . . . BUT i know what you are doing, you wanna rope me, and na lie tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

You and i know that with over 30 ladies . . . . . BUT i know what you are doing, you wanna rope me, and na lie tongue tongue

he's a celebrity.
i am surprised the númber hasn't climbed to 60. you think all those 30 women are speaking the truth? people always lie if there's money to be made.

anytime there's an unclaimed big money lottery ticket & the organisers ask people to come forward, they receive thousands of ridiculous claims. people who didn't even buy tickets step forward to claim the ticket is theirs. grin
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

he's a celebrity.
i am surprised the númber hasn't climbed to 60. you think all those 30 women are speaking the truth? people always lie if there's money to be made.

anytime there's an unclaimed big money lottery ticket & the organisers ask people to come forward, they receive thousands of ridiculous claims. people who didn't even buy tickets step forward to claim the ticket is theirs. grin

I am glad you know there is some element of truth in all that is said . . . .

1 Like

Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I am glad you know there is some element of truth in all that is said . . . .

which element of truth?
i am saying even if cosby was a prolific sėx offender, the number cannot be up to 30. there's no single element of truth until i see compelling evidence. i stop short when a woman claims she's been sëxually offended...word of mouth isn't enough.

if we go by word of mouth, young joseph räped potiphar's wife.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
Forgive me, I know you're married. But I just kissed you. That's exactly the way wom$en should be treated, and is, in fact, how the law wants women to be treated when one considers the millions of femcentric policies littering the western world.

Women are never held to account for anything.

Sorry but I have to reject your kiss grin

I disagree women should be treated like kids.... I said such laws not making the women accountable will make them So.

Degrading women to earn kisses means me degrading myself.

I am a woman and don't want to be treated like a Child.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Justfollowit:

This has set a precedent which may not have been successful if it were a man. undecided

The child is 36 years old for goodness sake. He is no more a dependant. What stopped her from claiming child support when they divorced.

Of course it has a feminist angle to it. The law has to be interpreted to support our claim whether the claim is logical or not.

Which still doesn't fit in feminism

Anyways, I hope the woman loses tongue
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
Men have always earned whatever 'rights' and privileges they enjoyed. Women get it handed over to them by men. Fact

Are you aware that at a time in history, not all males had the right to vote? Only those that owned land actually could vote, and at another time males had to earn a certain amount of money to be accorded the privilege of voting? Or that men were once forced to join the army and fight wars, and so on.

BeeKay, history is there to learn from, let's leave sentiments aside and speak what the truth is.

I speak the truth as I see it.

Women did not have rights handed over to them, they foughtfor it too... Hence the birth of feminism.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
pickabeau1:

do u say this is payback for the way men had it for long

I thought u were condemning the judgement earlier

Supporting the woman reaping where she did not sow because men did in the past is not payback but wickedness...

I was pointing out that the issue of having privileges without checks did not start with women.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by pickabeau1: 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
bukatyne:

Supporting the woman reaping where she did not sow because men did in the past is not payback but wickedness...

I was pointing out that the issue of having privileges without checks did not start with women.

Can u expatiate more on what you mean by men having privileges without checks
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You are doing great injustice to yourself by thinking this is empowering to women (absolute power corrupts absolutely) or that women are going to continue to earn more and more power (it will only worsen gender relations and raise spoilt children, and a case where neither men nor women are happy since they've left their natural roles). This is not about emotions but pure logic. Let me quote to you my most loved law of diminishing returns: 'the employment of more and more units of a VARIABLE FACTOR will eventually cause the TOTAL PRODUCTION TO DIMINISH AFTER INCREASING AT A DECREASING RATE'. Yes, women are going to have it good, become president, rule household, control companies, howbeit for a short time, then emasculated men would wake up, face de-feminised women head to head (as it is in the muslim and arab world) and force this seemingly unstoppable train of female revolution to diminishing returns, till equilibrium is established, where there will be negligible increase or decrease. sad

Read my previous posts: I would never be a party to such foolishness undecided

I agree with you that If women are over-empowered, men would face them head to head.

However you should realise that at one time, men were over-empowered, women faced them, gained equilibrium and are now tipping the scales in their favour.

Don't worry, We (men & women) will keep playing the game till the world is extinct grin

And I am yet to see What is wrong in women controlling companies; it doesn't factor in This discussion as over-empowerment.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
bukatyne:

Sorry but I have to reject your kiss grin

I disagree women should be treated like kids.... I said such laws not making the women accountable will make them So.

Degrading women to earn kisses means me degrading myself.

I am a woman and don't want to be treated like a Child.

BeeKay, women are best treated like overgrown babies. Deal with it grin.

No p with the kiss, it was always inappropriate wink
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
BeeKay, women are best treated like overgrown babies. Deal with it grin.

No p with the kiss, it was always inappropriate wink

See generalization again

Besides the over grown babies stuff has always been used for men. You can start an opinion poll tongue

Women who behave like babies, treat them as such.

Those who behave as adults, treat them as such.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
bukatyne:

I speak the truth as I see it.

Women did not have rights handed over to them, they foughtfor it too... Hence the birth of feminism.

they didn't fight for nada....
they were accorded their respect at every phase of civilisation. there was no feminism in place when the captain insisted women & children should be rescued first on the titanic.

women in sierra leone voted as far back as 1792 in our very own patriarchal africa. the word feminism hadn't even be coined as at then. women always had privileges!
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

they didn't fight for nada....
they were accorded their respect at every phase of civilisation. there was no feminism in place when the captain insisted women & children should be rescued first on the titanic.

women in sierra leone voted as far back as 1792 in our very own patriarchal africa. the word feminism hadn't even be coined as at then. women always had privileges!

I hear you

Women always had it Good.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by damiso(f): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

i think she deserves about £1,000. grin

grin grin In that case she must return every single penny of the state benefits she ever claimed as a lone parent.

Like who claims child support for a 30 something year old MAN. undecided
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by coogar: 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
damiso:

grin grin In that case she must return every single penny of the state benefits she ever claimed as a lone parent.

Like who claims child support for a 30 something year old MAN. undecided

kai - you are very harsh! cheesy
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by damiso(f): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

kai - you are very harsh! cheesy

Yes naa sebi other people's taxes were used to 'help' her as a lone parent so its only fair for the taxpayer to get a refund In the case of a windfall. Thinking about it sef I think there should be interest sef grin if she gets the payout.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
pickabeau1:

Can u expatiate more on what you mean by men having privileges without checks

Culture where nothing happens to men when they cheat and the wives run mad?

Even when it is the husbands that die, There is the widows rituals

If a man decides his wife would not do a,b,c What happens?

These are just very general cases.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by pickabeau1: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Culture where nothing happens to men when they cheat and the wives run mad?

Even when it is the husbands that die, There is the widows rituals

If a man decides his wife would not do a,b,c What happens?

These are just very general cases.

This cheating thing must have really done a number on you woman

Na wa...

So because of cheating which involves BOTH men and women , women now have the right to shuffle their exes for money

OK
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2015
pickabeau1:

This cheating thing must have really done a number on you woman

Na wa...

So because of cheating which involves BOTH men and women , women now have the right to shuffle their exes for money

OK

I must be in Mars... men no longer mind cheating from their wives grin

@2nd paragraph, I have addressed that earlier... don't put words into my mouth abi na posts in my hands.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by cococandy(f): 1:45am On Mar 18, 2015
He was supposed to help raise his kid financially.
He didn't have it then. So she bore his responsibility and hers alone.

Well he owes half. So let him pay half the estimate of what it cost to raise the boy cool cool cool cool

Not an inflated amount because he is rich.
Just half the real amount it cost.
No extra penny.
All ties severed afterwards.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2015
this kind of thing literally DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!! when I try to think of it it makes me mad. how can the law system be encouraging such ediocy, self denial, parasitic ways if women!??!!! supporting them to be playing victim all the time and ripping the men their hard earned money to give to a bitcch!!!

seriously the system is now making me think of having a babymama contract, bore me a child ,suckle the baby and GET THE FVCK OUTTA MY LIFE.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2015
cococandy:
He was supposed to help raise his kid financially.
He didn't have it then. So she bore his responsibility and hers alone.

Well he owes half. So let him pay half the estimate of what it cost to raise the boy cool cool cool cool

Not an inflated amount because he is rich.
Just half the real amount it cost.
No extra penny.
All ties severed afterwards.

Case closed.

That would sound like the woman is handing over the boy abi man to the father completely when she is not a surrogate. Mother

Since the said man did not have a dime as at the time of divorce to claim child support, she should let it go and be happy the child turned to something grear

The woman should come and learn from Nigerians; they will guilt.her son to drop his life savings.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by cococandy(f): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2015
bukatyne:

That would sound like the woman is handing over the boy abi man to the father completely when she is not a surrogate. Mother

Since the said man did not have a dime as at the time of divorce to claim child support, she should let it go and be happy the child turned to something great

The woman should come and learn from Nigerians; they will guilt.her son to drop his life savings.

@bold is what I would do or advice anyone I know to do if me or them were in her position.
Her action is quite unethical in my opinion.

But we ain't sha and it has gone to court. So instead of dragging it out as if the kid wasn't his responsibility too, he should just calculate what it cost and give her since she wants it. Clean severance. Bye bye.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
cococandy:

@bold is what I would do or advice anyone I know to do if me or them were in her position.
Her action is quite unethical in my opinion.

But we ain't sha and it has gone to court. So instead of dragging it out as if the kid wasn't his responsibility too, he should just calculate what it cost and give her since she wants it. Clean severance. Bye bye.

Let's watch How it plays out
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Moana(f): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:
She doesn't need compensation for taking care of a child she had. It's not like she was the step-mom. At the time this guy had nothing and could literally give nothing. Now, the son works and lives with the father. That woman does not deserve a shilling
you read the part she clearly stated for the children not for herself undecided
zeb04:
If the ex wife is asking him to compensate her for taking care of their child alone financially ,then it is understandable but if she is just trying to leach on him,it is totally wrong.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Moana(f): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

How could a parent claim compensation for bringing up her own child? undecided
because in first world countries where law functions both parents are responsible for the upkeep of their child. Its a duty they owe towards their children, not something they can choose not to do like they do in 3rd world countries.

Heaven knows they if it were my mum, she should be prepared to die alone.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:
you read the part she clearly stated for the children not for herself undecided

You did read the part where it is reported that they have only one child together, right?

Also, this only child now works for the father, i.e, he's under the employ of his father.

Did you read these parts of the story or not?! And this money she's asking for, is it payment for raising her own son or what? I'm a little stumped here. Help me out.
Re: Woman Wins Right To Seek Money From Ex-husband 30 Years After Breakup by Moana(f): 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

You did read the part where it is reported that they have only one child together, right?

Also, this only child now works for the father, i.e, he's under the employ of his father.

Did you read these parts of the story or not?! And this money she's asking for, is it payment for raising her own son or what? I'm a little stumped here. Help me out.
he shouldnt have had issues supporting his child when he actually had to, otherwise the court would not have just awarded that money out of the blue. You still get many cases of men that are sued for outstanding child support, when they neglect or fail to make payment.
It wasnt her child alone now was it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence / How Do You Relate With Your Husband's People? (In-Laws) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.