Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. (6243 Views)

Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Buhari And Fashola Strolling On The Streets Of Germany (Photos) / Ameachi And Dakuku Peterside Stroll Casually On The Streets Of Port-hacourt.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by CoolVoice(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2009
It's a very welcome initiative from Lagos State Government. But,
Do they think CCTV is just a camera you hang to watch people roaming the street? No way, it's to collect detailed picture of an event at proper resolution. Either the Police force/other enforcement agency is on standby or not. These collective pictures will be worked on until it reveals the main subject in the crime seen.

I know we don't have collective database of Nigerians, and those blah blah blah all of you has mentioned but CCTV can still work in Lagos and in Nigeria as a whole. You should all understand that even in the advance world, no criminal would commit a crime and stay in the crime seen, never unless he/she is nut upstairs.

In the advance world they have a database which collect the entire video file for each day so if need for it. If they notice a crime as happened they inform the enforcement agency which are connect to same frequency on the radio. These people get to the seen to see if the victim is not hurt and carry out inspection necessary at the seen while the perpetrator is at large. Then these experts in the central division will then work on the videos with the aid of different software and special hardware they will be able to zoom the picture if far off and clean the image to get the exact look of the perpetrator. The police check the past record of the perpetrator and then arrest him if he thinks nobody saw him in the act or declare him wanted, if he is at large.

If Lagos state wants this CCTV thing to work they should start investing in Expert Skills, people that can work with Camera and Live Video feeds. The only disadvantage of these experts is that they can also manipulate video, picture or any image-rendering environment. Which will be in favour of the Powerful people/Government, they can delete files and claim an event never occur or manipulate the image to look like any one they want to appear in the video or picture. And these are the problems face in the advance world as well, but before that can happen it will be an order from the top. In the case of Nigeria, i think any rich and Powerful people can easily have access to such classified crime.

Another question is “Is the Cameras Secured?” When I say secured I don’t mean people that may want to steal the cameras or try to spoil it physically. What I am saying is this, these cameras are going to feed a Central station, which means this cameras are going to be Networked, if they are networked they will definitely have an IP address. Which can make it to be vulnerable to attacks. Attacks? Yes, attacks from hackers. A good Video hacker can hack into any video source as long as it’s belong to a visual network which is either connected to internet grid or not. Then use the cameras to their advantage, e.g. they change its position to cover-up a crime.

So the first thing is to make sure this cameras are protected virtually. And the best form of protection is to have information technology security experts on board in other to override any attack as soon as possible and reclaim the system. It is going to be a great disaster if the cameras are vulnerable.

If they can review those few points, the CCTV is likely to be effective. It’s not about mounting 10,000 cameras but the effectiveness of a camera.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2009
in addittion,it will be a start to visual database collection and prevention of small thefts of government installations like removing halogen from over head lights,bridge barriers for smelting to use for making spoons,muggings,armed robberty e.t.c
i read that the cameras will be protected by some agency saddled with analysing,collecting e.t.c
btw pls o naysayers and blind critics, continue with your comments and ignore me o
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2009
@CoolVoice, how reasonable are you when it comes to having your views debated by others? I ask because I like to present my side of the debate as best as I can but I would not want to engage in another waste of time my precious time debating anyone who only throws tantrums and name-calls when an opposing view is presented.

This topic happens to be right up my alley and with what I know of life in lagos, both present and past, am interested in debating it with you. So tell me, will this be a waste of my time or not?

By the way, thank you for touching on some key points on the technology that we are seriously lacking in right now in Lagos.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by jingoma(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2009
I made a comment on the previous thread on this subject (a Very negative one). But I cant resist the temptation to respond to some other comments that I have read since. Somebody mentioned the CCTV can be a deterrent to criminals to which i say "the possibility of getting caught,arrested and prosecuted has to exist before the camera's can be a deterrent" If you know that the basic structure for law enforcement has not be established the cameras are useless. Why dont we use this money to build the basic foundations that do not exist in 2009 for christ sake.
You ask what?
ROADS, Has anyone looked at the condition of our existing roads or non existence of them in heaviliy populated areas?
SEWAGE SYSTEM, NONE!!! except for gutters that lead to nowhere or somebbody elses front door.
WATER SUPPLY, Potable water everwhere , AHH "Nitori Olorun o! "
ELECTRICITY!, [/b]I dont even have time to comment
[b]HEALTH CARE
, Not even free we will pay for it but someone someone has convinced Nigerians if you build a room with just a bed and put with some Men and Women draped in white drabs inside you in have a HOSPITAL.
SCHOOLS, Same as electricity.
You know what? I dont believe JUJU but I am starting to think it might exist because the only way our politicians can get people to believe they are doing a good job is by juju
CCTV!!! when there is refuse and uncollected dead bodies lying a few feet from POLICE road blocks and yet people say "At least he is trying!" where are the priorities?, but then why am I raving and ranting? , The same politicians that steal and loot the Government treasury in broad daylight will be welcomed in open arms by the same morons that think that CCTV is what we need in Lagos right now.
EKO o ni baje o!!! WHAT?
O ti baje Pata pata , Its funny I am almost certain the people that process prayers in Heaven return all Naija requests back to sender otherwise there is no way this country can be so screwed up.
By the way thats the best business to open in Naija, A CHURCH ! cos we need lots of prayers.

1 Like

Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by BOSS7: 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
This thread is like flogging a dead horse. A state that cannot even provide the basic amenities wants to start from the top, yeah yeah.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by MrCrackles(m): 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
Waste of time!
Until the lawlessness and the indiscipline amongst the Nigerian citizens is completely eradicated, nothing modern will work in that country!
Hopeless country
Always guilty of misplaced priorities!
Bullshit
undecided
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by joobreel(m): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2009
I am a fan of uncle BRF but i am beginning to sense that he is loosing it. There is trouble in our Lagos. Any right thinking person will know that CCTV is not the next thing in Lagos. Lagos- where traffic lights dont fuction properly- wants to embark on CCTV stuff. Let someone please call our dear governor to order. i hope it is still eko oni baje or eko ti fe baje. i am scared o.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by joobreel(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2009
I am a fan of uncle BRF but i am beginning to sense that he is loosing it. There is trouble in our Lagos. Any right thinking person will know that CCTV is not the next thing in Lagos. Lagos- where traffic lights dont fuction properly- wants to embark on CCTV stuff. Let someone please call our dear governor to order. i hope it is still eko oni baje or eko ti fe baje. i am scared o.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by oderemo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
eko ti fe baje

more of eko ti baje long time. cctv? is that our priority.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by femzy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2009
Chop Chop Trap Venture tongue tongue
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by ban1(m): 12:32am On Jan 17, 2009
Dont let us be discouraged by anyone who is pessimistic. The idea is ok only if we start at the right places with the right trained personel. I work with this cctv in one of the borough in the uk. The fear of this cctv is a reduction in crime. Remember it not only for crime fighting. It can do more for other cases. Start n c 4st!
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Sagamite(m): 4:02am On Jan 17, 2009
I am shocked with the negative response I am seeing to a good initiative like CCTV.

Probably, such response are coming form people that can never believe anything good can come out of Nigeria due to previous failures by the looters that claim to be leaders.

One poster above is saying we need to develop infrastructure before think of CCTV that can help reduce crime. undecided

Sorry, so we can not tackle both parallely?

That was how some were saying a bus service system can not work in Nigeria. I say: Go and see the BRT.

Some don't realise we live in a community-based society unlike ht isolationist society they have migrated to and are using as their basis of comparison to Nigeria.

If we have CCTV, that is clear enough to show faces of people commiting crime and who are too illiterate/underdeveloped to understand how the technology works, and these faces are broadcast then we will have more resolved cases as the public will be able to call in to identify the miscreants and their immediate movement/location.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Jan 17, 2009
abegi!! Make we hear word o jare !!! Roflmao!!!
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by topup: 5:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Please please forgive me, I am more interested in the title than reading the whole OP, if I have missed any points, please feel free to correct me (I'm tired).

Anyways, CCTV would work in any country where there is a strict backbone of policing, and the law was reliable. Most people don't feel that they can rely on the law or the police in Nigeria, so to them CCTV isn't going to be much of a reassurance for them.

Even in the UK, CCTV has never really reassured me, when walking alone in the dark etc. .
I still highly doubt that CCTV will make any criminal think twice, after all they too don't believe that the police have much power or that the law will incriminate them.

These situational approaches are great in countries where the legal system is reliable and just, I think what Nigeria needs are dispositional approaches, yes more difficult, but we have such little faith in man, that maybe we just need to educate ourselves, create a togetherness that reduces the amount of anti-social behaviour etc
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by thehomer: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2009
I don't think this CCTV initiative is such a bad idea. But it may not function much as a deterrent but as a means of solving a crime. and maybe coordination of the emergency services in an emergency. I really wonder how they'll use the data generated since it may be difficult to find someone in Lagos or if someone commits a crime and leaves the state.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 8:47am On Jan 17, 2009
Sagamite:

I am shocked with the negative response I am seeing to a good initiative like CCTV.

Probably, such response are coming form people that can never believe anything good can come out of Nigeria due to previous failures by the looters that claim to be leaders.

One poster above is saying we need to develop infrastructure before think of CCTV that can help reduce crime. undecided

Sorry, so we can not tackle both parallely?

That was how some were saying a bus service system can not work in Nigeria. I say: Go and see the BRT.

Some don't realise we live in a community-based society unlike ht isolationist society they have migrated to and are using as their basis of comparison to Nigeria.

If we have CCTV, that is clear enough to show faces of people commiting crime and who are too illiterate/underdeveloped to understand how the technology works, and these faces are broadcast then we will have more resolved cases as the public will be able to call in to identify the miscreants and their immediate movement/location.
you shouldnt be shocked,im not, when ppl have been away from nigeria for a very long while,they tend to lose touch with the realities on ground in the present day nigeria,i wonder how anyone will list federal responsibilities like electricity,roads as something fashola should tackle without factoring in the costs or what the constitution says about it.

sewage without having any clue what the lagos state government has done concerning that so far,same as healthcare e.t.c
ban1:

Dont let us be discouraged by anyone who is pessimistic. The idea is ok only if we start at the right places with the right trained personnel. I work with this cctv in one of the borough in the uk. The fear of this cctv is a reduction in crime. Remember it not only for crime fighting. It can do more for other cases. Start n c 4st!
dont get flustered or bothered my brother,either they like it or not fashola is on the march, they said the same thing on these threads when fahola started the brt buses real change will always be met with cynicism and negative aspersions and inference,remember its Nigeria/nigerians we r talking about not british,
if we have a total breakdown with law and order including zero crime prevention or detection database, isnt it sensible to start from the beginning by visual database then progress from there?
doesnt the benefits outweight the cost?
but trust nigerians not to objectively think things through
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Piddo(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2009
Pls pls pls, I'm a huge Fashola fan but this is way off the mark. Govt has not been able to maintain the 2 or 3 traffic lights in the whole of Lagos state and here they are embarking on a much more complex project. Haba, dem don come again o!!
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by tunnypop(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2009
dont get flustered or bothered my brother,either they like it or not fashola is on the march, they said the same thing on these threads when fahola started the brt buses real change will always be met with cynicism and negative aspersions and inference,remember its Nigeria/nigerians we r talking about not british,
if we have a total breakdown with law and order including zero crime prevention or detection database, isnt it sensible to start from the beginning by visual database then progress from there?
doesnt the benefits outweight the cost?
but trust nigerians not to objectively think things through

Above is a tread written by risonable person. Some people just don't think b4 making contributions. Take 4 instance a sm1 mentioned Electricity, is electricity the responsibility of state or federal govt.? here u are! I enjoy what babatunde fahola is doing, some of might even call urself engineers. Technologicaly, wht level can u place Nigeria as a whole? We have not been led by a technology inclined person b4 in this country, now that we have 1, let us celebrate him , others may still pring up. At least we are starting, database will come in later. Thanks
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by sherrylo: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Piddo how do you want fashola to maintain the two or three traffic lights in Lagos?Fashola na nepa? abi when there is no light what do you want Fash to do?
Anyway if Nigeria can decentralize this power thing and Lagos gets constant power why wont anything work in Lagos?
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by muy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2009
l
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by ilaugh1: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Poster

You and others talk as if you all hold the Midas Touch.

Have you ever thought about what is called a second opinion? and this is what I am going to give you just in a short sentence - and that is to ask you:

What if it works?

You have reasons why it wont work, but others, you agree with me, others who have the same brain like you, also beleives it can work, so, if it works, what will you say?
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by homosapien(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2009
as far as am concerned the CCTV going to work.take it or leave it.concerning the other problems,i think we are already heading towards realization of the goals an not just speculation.kudos to u fashbaba
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by ilaugh1: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2009
when you build roads - they say it is not priority

when you put street lights they say its not priority

when you tackle security, they say you are wasting time

whatever you do, they say it is not a priority, so, wise men and women - what is the priority while we give you the opportunity to make it happen.

If asked in simple english, if you were given the opportunity to govern Lagos for four years, what will you do, just watch them as they blab up and down without any meaningful plan on what to do to make a priority, these people who cant even govern their household, come in here to talk about governing a state and making isuues a priority, so I ask you, list in order of priorities what you will do if given the chance to govern Lagos -

see fools, nothing dey can do., so shut the hell up and let meaningful people talk while you come to NairaLand to blab.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by jingoma(m): 3:17am On Jan 18, 2009
Unbelievable Comments! anyway For those that care to know there is no individual named "Federal Government" but even when federal funds are allocated for basic structures it is up to the state Govt and local goverment to implement and oversee that the projects are completed.
Also there is nothing wrong with the private sector (Companies) to become responsible citizens and help in the funding and development of the communities they reside in. Guess who buys their products or use their services? and when they need more employees they will hire from the community that they are helping.

There is a saying that "You cant build a house from the top down" Even in civilized countries they start with the foundation first. Take it from someone that has seen democracy work like it should.

What baffles me the most is the fact that if you go to the most remote hole in the world you will find Nigerians living as model citizens and even acting members in the development of the communities they live in. Go to any airport in the world and there are more Nigerians than any other travelling back and forth, my point is, We have seen how its done elsewhere why cant we implement it.
The most sickening thing is the MORONS that make these ridiculous comments about at least they are trying. For those that dont know the definition of INSANITY.
INSANITY is doing the same thing EVERYDAY and yet expecting different results!. WAKE UP NAIJA!!!!! what we are doing is not working.
But then if you are all sleeping together facing the same direction you will be breathing in what the other person is breathing out. O ma se o
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by meexteriox(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2009
The question really is: CCTV, is that what we really need in Lagos right now?
I mean there are a lot more they could channel this money into.
Please don't ask me, like what, because it's staring us in the face daily
except you are suffering from sight epilepsy. CCTV my foot!!!
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2009
its all well and good for you to say lagosians dont need cctv if you have not been mugged or robbed on the bridge before while changing tires,
or being robbed and pushed out of a moving bus
its all well and good for you to say if your car has not flipped into the river on thrid mailand bridge because the aluminium railings thats supposed to protect accidents of these sorts has been vandalised and removed for smelting,
or you have not lost loved ones to armed robbery or easily preventable crimes if there had been cctv,
the cost of the ten thousand cctvs have been justified in my opinion if it protects only 100 out of the millions of lagosians,
the rationale behind oposition to cctv is the same as saying government shouldnt provide street lights because it ll be vandalised , whats the sense in that?
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by muy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2009
d

Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by otokx(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
cctv; hmmm

they have started devising ways to steal money
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by JazzFreak(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2009
otokx:

cctv; hmmm
they have started devising ways to steal money

30 MINUTES light power supply per day to run 24 hours CCTV

How important is this in the scheme of things "Work to done in the sate"
They could try infrastructures i.e roads, water suppy, waste management, building schools with adequate learning materials,
The list of relivant stuffs to-do are abound, but they choose this, CCTV ? cry
Bloody myopic leaders ! tongue
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by meexteriox(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2009
muy:

WHAT’S FASHOLA GOT TO DO WITH IT?

I’ve read through so many articles and heard so many speeches against this man FASHOLA. Its really so sad when you hear people condemn this man of change so abruptly and without concise and tangible reasons.
The most horrifying is heard even in the midst of the so called ‘learned’. It gave me another re-think if we have learned in the days of now, I wonder whether going to school or learning to read or write means education, if this is then we don’t have many of the so called in this bracket. so sad.
I was born and grew up in the ‘Lagos of Old’, when things were a bit organised and more predictable, when cleanliness was a way of life with little enforcement, when roads were free of bottle neck traffic, when bust stops were without the park touts, when bridges were not habitable, when street trading was illegal, when government took things more seriously, when life was meaningful and precious, when government even in the khakis were more concerned than the gown wearing ‘thieves’ we now have, when new roads were constructed, unlike the ‘coating’ we are witnessing these days, when sanitation was prioritized, when citizens were law-abiding, when ‘one-way driving’ was a taboo, when the Nigeria Police was a ‘Force’ that commanded respect. And so on and so…………

And the reverse is the case these days, we now witness thieves of sophistication in power, all they ever do is concentrate on deriving new formulae in the ‘National Assembly of Rogues’ to share our collective wealth, a collection of thieves finding it difficult to approve =N=30,000.00 minimum wage for a true Nigerian worker who sweat for his money. We need a re-think in this country, we have folded our arms for too long and now we are rated as cowards who will go with anything any day no matter how hard and in-humane.

In Lagos over the years, a lot of decay has occurred and still occurring, its very pitiful that Lagos had in the past fallen in the hands of ‘wrong managers’ who cared-less about the used-to-be organised setting the colonial masters left for us, disappearance and non-functioning of many structures in the past years is of great concern to, how the latter Lagos disappeared into filth, more population of migrants from everywhere in the world, infrastructural decay, defacing of our streets and many more. Now Lagos is almost not working as she finds herself in shambles, shanties and all forms of illegal activities in every part of the once beautiful city. And because of the illegal activities Lagos condones, we have migrants from everywhere coming for the boom in illegalities and touting. And an increase in crime in Nigeria at large.

Now Mr. Fashola is doing all within capacity to restore the glory of Lagos we grew up in, trying to restore the peace and beautiful sights of those days, trying to bring back to Lagos what gave her the name in those days that attracted the likes of those giant multinationals (many of whom have packed and left as a result of the changing environment and increase in crime and non-business environment brooding).

Eko wen jele, where art thy beauty gone?

Lagos originally was built by the colonial masters to house just 250,00 residents, but Lagos now houses more than 5000% necessary, and the result is what we have today.
Shanties and chalets everywhere, and we are good with it?

I support (with whole of my heart even more) the demolition taking place in oshodi and the more of its kind to come, I support the beautification and the re-facing of our environment, I support the BRT and tax, I support the de-flooding and demolishing of houses built on drainages, I support the zero tolerance to environmental nuisance, I support the long awaited change Mr. Fashola is bringing. All these are for our own good and use, for our own health and sustenance.

1. Oshodi to start with was not in any way built for market purpose, it’s a transit spiral for vehicular passage to everywhere in the state, Oshodi was regarded as a point of transit for anyone at any time to any where, in the old. Before the demolition, a whole lot of commuters avoid Oshodi like some coli-disease. Have you estimated the value of man-efforts, productive hours and lives in Oshodi for all of these illegalities and crimes committed here on daily basis? Have you ever had an emergency and got stuck on the way either because you are enroute Oshodi or avoiding Oshodi (which would have been quicker for you), Have you got robbed or got someone you know robbed in Oshodi? Have you got raped or got someone close to you raped? And many more. Were you not aware of the deaths recorded in this area when there’s a mishap either by rail or road? Or even abused either morally or physically by traders in this same place! So why should we support a change like Mr. Fashola’s?
Oshodi was never built for market purpose!

And the question, where do these traders go?
I learnt alternative has been provided by the LGA chairman, some stalls for free and some for token.

2. The beautification exercise taking place in Lagos is seen by many as just one to add beauty; may I use this medium to place you in the know that, even the human specie is facing extinction gradually, ever thought of climate change? Ever asked why its getting hotter by the day? Asked why we seem to have rains round the year? Well, Mr. Fashola’s beautification goes beyond fashion, its in the bid to save our planet and humans from going down memory lane, the greens (plants & trees) will help with CO2 to ease the intense heat of the Sun and thereby protect the Ozone layer from further depletion (as a result of emission of poisonous gases from our engines and automobiles) and thus heat and our extinction. Even hot Dubai of about 45 degree C has become green as a result of this exercise, why not Naija? Lagos? Let’s plant a tree today, let’s protect our environment, let’s ensure there will be a Generation Next!

The Lagos problem is not Fashola’s, the heat of demolition should fall on Fashola, it all goes down the lane through to the coffers of power in Nigeria at large, the problem faced by the former ‘residents’ of Lagos, how they have left the populace with unemployment and un-even development in the 36 states of the federation, they have stuffed confidence out of the average man, and there’s almost no end in sight, such of these brought so many people to Lagos, many to do business legal or illegal, thus evolving of ‘Oshodi Market and Association of Bridge Dwellers’. If the federal govt had done what they ought, Oshodi won’t have witnessed what it did in the PAST and PRESENT. And unemployment in the entire country at large. But Fashola is at the receiving end of it all, what happened to Mr. Yar’Dua who is busy changing ‘Kidney’ and ministers, is this achievement not credible for an in-competent ruler of the world’s most populous black race state?
And yet no help in sight.
Oshodi demolition, Yar’Dua shouldn’t be exempted, neither should the past leaders of Lagos who failed to do anything tangible to restore Lagos, from Colonel Raji Rasaki, Michael Otedola, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, General Moh’d Marwa, and others, you can name names! What happened to the Tax payers monies under these regimes and government? Now that these money is spent wisely to redevelop Lagos under Fashola, let’s welcome change we can believe in.
If OGD of Ogun, Oni of Ekiti, Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Suswam of Benue, Rotimi of Rivers, Ohakim of Imo, Idris of Kogi, Yuguda of Bauchi, oyinlola of Osun, Shekarau of Kano, Oshiomole of Edo, and co are reading; it’s that time you developed your states, provide social amenities, infrastructures, employment and genuine poverty eradication, this will in long help in decongesting areas of dense population and thus give productivity to the nation in general.
Let’s allow Fashola work, let’s praise the working Nigerians and discredit the thieves in power, may God punish them one after another. Amen.
This is a change we deserve long before now, at least if we watch CNN, and see how it is done outside our shores, even our neighbours in Ghana, Benin and co aint as filthy as we are, aint as disorganised as we are.
its touching that the almighty Oshodi traders got to go,, *to be continued
oluyomi writes from lagos nigera.

Mr Fashola praise singer, nobody is against some of the notable works Fashola is doing, but some of this things should be prioritised to suit the needs
of the masses at any point in time. What am simply saying is that Lagos has not gotten to the level of installing CCTV on the streets when there a lot of
infrastuctural mishap, road infested pot-holes,poverty, poor health care, power outages just to mention a few. He should concentrate his effort on more realistc projects and avoid
this ludicrous elephant project.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2009
@muy
awesome write up,and i can assure you i read and agree with your thoughtful analysis of the fashola administration,be rest assured that people like us might appear to be the lone voice in the desert but its because most of the commentators on here are armchair critics and live abroad,the most vocal have not been back home in years so are detached from the real situation on ground, like obasanjo said while he was being severely criticised history will judge fashola's time in governance,
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by meexteriox(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
@lucabrasi
Yeah, you've made your point.
Now my candid advice, come and stay in Lagos for one week and really go round the city.
We cannot be satisfied or fooled with mere flash in the pan because we want to embrace
development by all means. No man can be a patriot on an empty stomach. CCTV my foot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha / New Lagos-Kano Rail Line: Can Someone Educate Me Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.