Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. (6242 Views)

Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Buhari And Fashola Strolling On The Streets Of Germany (Photos) / Ameachi And Dakuku Peterside Stroll Casually On The Streets Of Port-hacourt.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by mustafar1: 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2009
lmaorotf hope they dont think i lost it.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2009
shocked
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2009
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!! Yes oooo!!! Forget that many of those who have criticized the idea of CCTV funded with Tax Payers money and out in public areas where they could be stolen Live and work right there in Lagos ooo!!!

ROFLMAO!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Dude. . . give it a rest already!!! roflmao!!
no one ever said government schemes shouldnt be criticised, hence the term"CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS"the fact that you are a tax payer doesnt give you the right to accost your state or federal senator wherever you are in the states and say anything to him,unless you are now saying  that cctv protecting these same tax payers from harm and possibly fatalities not mentioning kidnappings e.t.c is a complete waste of money then ill fully understand your stance
B.O.S.S.:

I can't believe Lucabrasi thinks that the people who have taken their time to argue the pros, cons and to get a bigger picture as well as even waster at least 5hours of their time on Sunday to chat with the governor himself would end up on your list as naysayers.

You shouldn't think like that. Man you're really taking this personal. I'll take you for a drink in Manchester if that'll resolve it all.
dont worry yourself,the naysayers know themselves, its not their first time or second time, its not just about cctv but almost everything connected to nigeria that they disagree with,like i said in my various comments earlier,i have nothing against constructive criticisms, after all governance is a continous thing and while we might be applauding fashola today,we might see something we dont agree with tmorrow believe it or not and severely criticise him for it, look at gordon brown,before the economic crises he was sure to lose if a general election was called,months after he was riding the waves of popularity, doesnt mean he wont get criticised next week if he messes up and thats all there is to it really.

dont worry ill accept a peace offering of a bottle of dom p from city centre cheesy
Kobojunkie:

No mind am!! Him sef dey outside of Naija but im dey get mouth dey call everyone else arm chair critics as if we all have to come online to boast about what we are doing or not doing and how we are connected to daily happenings in naija for to make him feel better with himself. ROFLAMO!!!

I can not believe a mature person go dey go about dey post that kind rubbish thread to thread!! And this is the same person who refused to accept what a governor said as the governors actual plan but instead chose to continue offering conjecture as reason why he was more informed. Roflmao!!
at least i am not blaming nigerians in nigeria neither am i putting pen to paper calling them cowards,right from the first comment i made i included myself, like your retort earlier to i laugh i never mentioned your name so why being touchy what was the word you used?"guilty conscience syndrome", why should that make me feel better when whoever did including myself could very well be lieing for all you know?pls dont diminish my intelligence abeg

governor's actual plan?and you sat down in a room with the governor and he said that to you himself or on the chat thingy?
should we believe what transpired on a single day over several publications chronologically detailing the intricate details of the cctv schemes??
here we go again,anything you say is right while any contrary opinion as far as you are concerned is rubbish, keep on repeating that and you ll start believing it, animal farm comes to mind 4 legs good,2 legs bad, 4 legs good 2 legs bad
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
lucabrasi:

no one ever said government schemes shouldnt be criticised, hence the term"CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS"the fact that you are a tax payer doesnt give you the right to accost your state or federal senator wherever you are in the states and say anything to him,unless you are now saying that cctv protecting these same tax payers from harm and possibly fatalities not mentioning kidnappings e.t.c is a complete waste of money then ill fully understand your stance dont worry yourself,the naysayers know themselves, its not their first time or second time, its not just about cctv but almost everything connected to nigeria that they disagree with,like i said in my various comments earlier,i have nothing against constructive criticisms, after all governance is a continous thing and while we might be applauding fashola today,we might see something we dont agree with tmorrow believe it or not and severely criticise him for it, look at gordon brown,before the economic crises he was sure to lose if a general election was called,months after he was riding the waves of popularity, doesnt mean he wont get criticised next week if he messes up and thats all there is to it really.

Question 1: Who are you to DECIDE what qualifies as constructive criticism and what does not? If you do not agree, simply disagree. Going around believing you are judge of all things constructive or none is your biggest problem. Many folks in here disagree with other folks on here too and I do not see them throwing a tantrum (well, we do have a coupe of numknots on here who throw tantrums on here anytime Nigeria or the Nigerian people and attitude are criticized. . . roflmao! ), and going around claiming our not living in Nigeria means they do not know as much as they do. You yourself, you don’t live in Nigeria so who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Question 2: If a tax payer decides to say NO to what government wants to use his/her OWN money for, who the HECK ARE YOU to tell him or her that it is unacceptable? Isn’t that the essence of a democracy? Why do you allow yourself the right to choose but quickly deny everyone else who does not agree with you the same right? Why do we need a democratic system that allows people vote their belief then?

Question 3: On the issue of CCTV in Lagos. Not a SINGLE person said CCTV is WRONG. Most of the comments have been it is not PRIORITY, something the dear Governor apparently believes to be the case. He has gone ahead to explain the CCTV in the way he perceives it. You however have chosen to continue on the tangent you have been on ; attacking everyone else that criticizes the idea of public CCTV for security in Lagos. I bet you do not even bother reading and digesting posts but are always itching to lambaste those who criticize in anyway, that which you subscribe to. Don’t you get it? You were wrong about the CCTV project and now that we have facts, you instead choose to continue rambling instead of accepting that we did not have facts from the beginning as everyone else has accepted.

Question 4: When do you intend to give up this PUMPOUS approach you seem to take to countering Nigerias problem; an attitude which continues to put you in front seat with those who we have as a problem in that country --- Those who feel that the way to solve issues is to ATTACK their fellow Nigerians as often as they can. Do you really think you are better than those in Jos who, on criticism of the elections, took to killing their next door neighbors instead of going after government to demand a recount? ROFLAMO!! I just had to add this one

Question 5: What makes you think your simply coming online to claim you know more about others about Nigeria makes for reality? Is it that you can not stand opposing views and so must claim to be better at all cost?

lucabrasi:

dont worry ill accept a peace offering of a bottle of dom p from city centre :Dat least i am not blaming nigerians in nigeria neither am i putting pen to paper calling them cowards,right from the first comment i made i included myself,

Not a single time have I or any of the people on here blamed Nigerians In Nigeria for the problems in that country. If you have EVER bothered to read my posts or many of those criticizing the situation with folks in Nigeria, you would see the prevalent use of the pronouns WE and US when I or most of these people refer to Nigerians and Nigeria. Same in many of the articles I have read on here. But My dear, you seem so stuck on yourself that you can not take out time to read cause you seem Itching to go into attack mode from first word. Maybe you need to take @B.O.S.S idea that you CHILL. It will help you much.

lucabrasi:

like your retort earlier to i laugh i never mentioned your name so why being touchy what was the word you used?"guilty conscience syndrome", why should that make me feel better when whoever did including myself could very well be lieing for all you know?

Well, call it guilt or you can call it “Nothing else to do with my time”. Notice I directed it at you to get you to see that you are seriously on the edge here. I am not a coward as I can do that freely.

lucabrasi:

pls dont diminish my intelligence abeg

governor's actual plan?and you sat down in a room with the governor and he said that to you himself or on the chat thingy?
should we believe what transpired on a single day over several publications chronologically detailing the intricate details of the cctv schemes??

lucabrasi:

here we go again,anything you say is right while any contrary opinion as far as you are concerned is rubbish, keep on repeating that and you ll start believing it, animal farm comes to mind 4 legs good,2 legs bad, 4 legs good 2 legs bad

Lol . . I never said it , your man Fashola did. His words on www.enownow.com and quoted in the news from Nigeria and said on TV. I know you will always feel that my opinions ATTACK your person. With the sort of attitude you have when it comes to people outside, as you are, talking on Nigeria that is not a surprise. But may I ask that you learn to read opinions as they are. Maybe then, you will not feel to accuse us of being less intelligent than you are on all issues Nigeria and you might learn that we are all as connected to that country as you are. Hard to believe, huh?

ROFLMAO!!! Nothing will ever do for you, huh?? So, even say the chat was aired live on LTV, no way!! As long as our locations continue to indicate that we are not right there in Nigeria, it was not legit?? LMAO!!! The Fact that the man even responded in an article explaining that businesses can purchase their cameras and subscribe to the database for information as they need to help their security situation is no need cause you do not care for actual info out there on the issue, is it? ROFLMAO!!

Any who, when you get publications that say something different from what the man has so far said, let us know. Either Fashola is a Liar or you are. Win – Win for us, right?? ROFLMAO!

By the way, BUSINESSES IN LONDON DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR SECURITY IN THE UK. I researched it and 2 people so far with Stores have confirmed that Government does not Charge businesses extra for security.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2009
make una go sleep
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Backslider(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2009
@kobojunkie

The issue of security cannot be overemphasized. We have a very insecure Lagos state. Without Law and order we can never and we will never have a vibrant soceity.

The security in lagos state is such that we have a state commissioner of police that was POSTED by a Federal Authority. What this means is that FASHOLA is not in command of the Security in Lagos state.

If there was a problem in Agege where armed men attacked people Fashola though duely voted cannot do anything because he is just the figure head CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE STATE. Why he has no troop. Who is his securiy Adviser.

Now how does FASHOLA GO ABOUT SECURING THE STATE WITHOUT A POLICE?

One of the ways of fighting crime is intel gathering. Having a CCTV is way of gathering intelligence and very credible evidence for prosecution to be considered.

Criminal mind fear the light. If I was filmed stealing from a super market even if I was Dangote and I had all the Lawyers and I was set free by a Court my conscience will not be free.

If a child knows that he is watched by the society he is more responsible.  The CCTV is a priority. If you ever lived in Lagos you know that the security is going worse everyday. ONE OF THE EASIEST WAY OF CATCHING AN ARMED ROBBER IS WHEN HE IS NOT ROBBING.

NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CCTV. INSTEAD OF HAVING IT CONTROLLED BY ONE BODY LET IT BE SPLIT.

WHAT TO DO IS FLOAT 3 LAGOS SECURITY DATA/ CCTV COMPANIES THAT WILL WIRE THE WHOLE LAGOS STATE.  THIS COMPANIES WILL HAVE EQUAL ACCESS TO THE MONEY(SAFETY FUND).

THE PROJECT SHOULD BE DONE IN PHASES STARTING WITH THE HIGH RISK AREA. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IS THAT SOME COMPANIES WILL MOVE VERY FAST TO COVER NEW GROUNDS.

THE SECURITY/DATA COMPANIES WILL GIVE ANY ONE FOR A FEE INFORMATION ABOUT ANYTHING THAT WILL BE OF PUBLIC INTEREST IN LAGOS STATE.

NUMBER OF A HOUSE
WHO OWNS THE HOUSE
WHO LIVES IN THE HOUSE
WHO HAS LIVED IN THE HOUSE AND THEIR NEW PLACE
DATE OF BIRTH
SCHOOLS ATTENDED
E.T.C

THOSE THAT LIVE IN AMERICA KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

NOW IF YOU VOLUNTEER INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND SUBCRIBE TO ANY OF THE COMPANIES. IF ANY ORGANISATION WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOU IT IS VERY SIMPLE.

YOU ARE GIVEN A NUMBER  LIKE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT ONLY YOU KNOWS. YOUR INFORMATION IS GIVEN TO A HIGHLY SECURE DATA BASE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACESSED BY POLICE OR ANY OF THE SECURITY SERVICES.

REPRESENTATIVES  OF THE COMPANIES WILL WORK ON THE HIGHLY SECURE  VERIFIABLE DATA(INFORMATION)

IF YOU ARE COMING INTO LAGOS YOUR FINGER PRINT IS TAKING THIS MEANS APART FROM THE CCTV WATCHING YOU, YOUR DATA FILE ABOUT YOU IS ALSO CREATED. THE 3 COMPANIES BATTLE FOR EVERY JOTT OF DATA.

TELL ME HOW PEOPLE WILL NOT FEAR TO ENTER LAGOS TO STEAL EVEN PEOPLE IN LAGOS WILL KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS WATCHING.

ALOT OF JOBS WILL BE CREATED BY THIS.
TO GET A MORTGAGE WILL BE VERY EASY
BANKS WILL GIVE LOAN VERY QUICK
INFACT I FORSEE THAT THE BANKS WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND ALMOST BEGG YOU TO TAKE A LOAN
BUSINESS WILL OPEN UP BECAUSE THE STAKES HAVE MOVED.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by maksum: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2009
All the comments in support of and against this cctv thing are all good. But u see in tackling problems no matter how small or big it may be the first thing to do is to identify what the problem actually is , then in seeking for solution it is likely that there could be more than one solution to choose from. Choosing the most appropriate solution is also another problem, for this, time will always let u know if ur solution is adequate. If ur solution is adequate then the problem will vanish with time. If our leaders have been identifying prolems and providing solutions not just providing but implemnting these solutions to the later we should have been better off now. BRF if not for anything has shown that he is capable of doing things differently, thinking out of the box. That is a recipe for change which we crave for. cctv pfiority or not the man is taking steps let him take them at least that way he is coming from somewhere and he can look back and fine tune lapses in due course. What if he did nothing at all nko then the status quo will be maintained while others are on the speed lane towards developement. Thumbs up BRF.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2009
Backslider:

@kobojunkie

The issue of security cannot be overemphasized. We have a very insecure Lagos state. Without Law and order we can never and we will never have a vibrant soceity.

There has not now or ever been a question on the need for improved security in Lagos, however as you rightly point out above, without law and order, we can never, and will never have a vibrant society. Who are those to ensure the enforcement of the laws in a society?

Backslider:

The security in lagos state is such that we have a state commissioner of police that was POSTED by a Federal Authority. What this means is that FASHOLA is not in command of the Security in Lagos state.

If there was a problem in Agege where armed men attacked people Fashola though duely voted cannot do anything because he is just the figure head CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE STATE. Why he has no troop. Who is his securiy Adviser.

Now how does FASHOLA GO ABOUT SECURING THE STATE WITHOUT A POLICE?

Can any society exist without police in this day and age? There is government and there is police. Two different entities.

Backslider:

One of the ways of fighting crime is intel gathering. Having a CCTV is way of gathering intelligence and very credible evidence for prosecution to be considered.

Criminal mind fear the light. If I was filmed stealing from a super market even if I was Dangote and I had all the Lawyers and I was set free by a Court my conscience will not be free. If a child knows that he is watched by the society he is more responsible.

The CCTV is a priority. If you ever lived in Lagos you know that the security is going worse everyday. ONE OF THE EASIEST WAY OF CATCHING AN ARMED ROBBER IS WHEN HE IS NOT ROBBING.

The question here has NEVER been about the role which CCTV can play or has played in other societies, in the area of helping to fight crime. I can install a camera in my house and monitor it 24hrs of he day from work or via cell phone. That is no problem. However, having lived in Lagos most all my life, I can tell you that people, even houses with CCTV already installed for decades have the same problem. We all find that we need to have a functioning police system for the recordings to be of any meaning. If the police, the only authorized crime fighting unit in the country and state, are not armed and equipped to use the recordings in fighting crime, all your CCTV video will have to be shelved until such a time when the police is able to effectively use it. Try it wherever you are today. Try to catch crime on your cell phone camera and then report that crime to the police station and watch how that recording is used to either catch the criminal if it is clear enough or used to pin point exactly where and how the crime was perpetrated and such. You will find out that there is a whole lot that those videos are used for. Now, try the same exercise, only this time, do not report to the police but stand around with the recording and wait for the criminals to be caught. You will quickly find that it is a waste in that situation or you might be pushed to take the law in your hands, something I would not recommend you do.

So you see, the effectiveness of the technology is not in question here. Neither is the need for such a technology but the need to ensure that basic factors to ensure effective application of such technology is what we call should be in place before we proceed to acquire and implement the project on a scale that would benefit the people of Lagos.

Backslider:

NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CCTV. INSTEAD OF HAVING IT CONTROLLED BY ONE BODY LET IT BE SPLIT.

WHAT TO DO IS FLOAT 3 LAGOS SECURITY DATA/ CCTV COMPANIES THAT WILL WIRE THE WHOLE LAGOS STATE. THIS COMPANIES WILL HAVE EQUAL ACCESS TO THE MONEY(SAFETY FUND).

THE PROJECT SHOULD BE DONE IN PHASES STARTING WITH THE HIGH RISK AREA. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IS THAT SOME COMPANIES WILL MOVE VERY FAST TO COVER NEW GROUNDS.

CCTV in a state will require managing of highly confidential data. I would rather the state itself handle the work in this case. Sure, contracts to build and equip the project can be put out to other companies but I would rather we not expose data on people to companies from which that data could leak and get into wrong hands. We already know of how robbers have been able to get information on victims from bank staff who have access to the information on the victims.

Backslider:

THE SECURITY/DATA COMPANIES WILL GIVE ANY ONE FOR A FEE INFORMATION ABOUT ANYTHING THAT WILL BE OF PUBLIC INTEREST IN LAGOS STATE.

NUMBER OF A HOUSE
WHO OWNS THE HOUSE
WHO LIVES IN THE HOUSE
WHO HAS LIVED IN THE HOUSE AND THEIR NEW PLACE
DATE OF BIRTH
SCHOOLS ATTENDED
E.T.C.

THOSE THAT LIVE IN AMERICA KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

My Data leaked by the government to some private entity? God forbid! LoL . I am sorry, I live in America and I know the government does not sell your data to private or public entities like that.
Even the police have to get permission to be able to access your IRS record, let alone images and data on your private self being sold to the highest bidder .

Backslider:

NOW IF YOU VOLUNTEER INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND SUBCRIBE TO ANY OF THE COMPANIES. IF ANY ORGANISATION WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOU IT IS VERY SIMPLE.

Are you for real?

Backslider:

YOU ARE GIVEN A NUMBER LIKE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT ONLY YOU KNOWS. YOUR INFORMATION IS GIVEN TO A HIGHLY SECURE DATA BASE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACESSED BY POLICE OR ANY OF THE SECURITY SERVICES.

Security Services? Privately owned companies?

Backslider:

REPRESENTATIVES OF THE COMPANIES WILL WORK ON THE HIGHLY SECURE VERIFIABLE DATA(INFORMATION)

IF YOU ARE COMING INTO LAGOS YOUR FINGER PRINT IS TAKING THIS MEANS APART FROM THE CCTV WATCHING YOU, YOUR DATA FILE ABOUT YOU IS ALSO CREATED. THE 3 COMPANIES BATTLE FOR EVERY JOTT OF DATA.

WOW!!

Backslider:

TELL ME HOW PEOPLE WILL NOT FEAR TO ENTER LAGOS TO STEAL EVEN PEOPLE IN LAGOS WILL KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS WATCHING.

INFACT I FORSEE THAT THE BANKS WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND ALMOST BEGG YOU TO TAKE A LOAN

I am not sure I agree with your plan here at all.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by mustafar1: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2009
YOU ARE GIVEN A NUMBER  LIKE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT ONLY YOU KNOWS. YOUR INFORMATION IS GIVEN TO A HIGHLY SECURE DATA BASE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACESSED BY POLICE OR ANY OF THE SECURITY SERVICES.

thats the way backslider sees the plate of rice from his side of the table so who am i to condemn his thoughts. NOT! i hear finger printing as you enter lagos, social security number, data, etc etc etc HIV being spread on here.

they might as well, scan every retina and take blood sample
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Question 1: Who are you to DECIDE what qualifies as constructive criticism and what does not? If you do not agree, simply disagree. Going around believing you are judge of all things constructive or none is your biggest problem. Many folks in here disagree with other folks on here too and I do not see them throwing a tantrum (well, we do have a coupe of numknots on here who throw tantrums on here anytime Nigeria or the Nigerian people and attitude are criticized. . . roflmao! ), and going around claiming our not living in Nigeria means they do not know as much as they do. You yourself, you don’t live in Nigeria so who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Question 2: If a tax payer decides to say NO to what government wants to use his/her OWN money for, who the HECK ARE YOU to tell him or her that it is unacceptable? Isn’t that the essence of a democracy? Why do you allow yourself the right to choose but quickly deny everyone else who does not agree with you the same right? Why do we need a democratic system that allows people vote their belief then?

Question 3: On the issue of CCTV in Lagos. Not a SINGLE person said CCTV is WRONG. Most of the comments have been it is not PRIORITY, something the dear Governor apparently believes to be the case. He has gone ahead to explain the CCTV in the way he perceives it. You however have chosen to continue on the tangent you have been on ; attacking everyone else that criticizes the idea of public CCTV for security in Lagos. I bet you do not even bother reading and digesting posts but are always itching to lambaste those who criticize in anyway, that which you subscribe to. Don’t you get it? You were wrong about the CCTV project and now that we have facts, you instead choose to continue rambling instead of accepting that we did not have facts from the beginning as everyone else has accepted.

Question 4: When do you intend to give up this PUMPOUS approach you seem to take to countering Nigerias problem; an attitude which continues to put you in front seat with those who we have as a problem in that country --- Those who feel that the way to solve issues is to ATTACK their fellow Nigerians as often as they can. Do you really think you are better than those in Jos who, on criticism of the elections, took to killing their next door neighbors instead of going after government to demand a recount? ROFLAMO!! I just had to add this one

Question 5: What makes you think your simply coming online to claim you know more about others about Nigeria makes for reality? Is it that you can not stand opposing views and so must claim to be better at all cost?

Not a single time have I or any of the people on here blamed Nigerians In Nigeria for the problems in that country. If you have EVER bothered to read my posts or many of those criticizing the situation with folks in Nigeria, you would see the prevalent use of the pronouns WE and US when I or most of these people refer to Nigerians and Nigeria. Same in many of the articles I have read on here. But My dear, you seem so stuck on yourself that you can not take out time to read cause you seem Itching to go into attack mode from first word. Maybe you need to take @B.O.S.S idea that you CHILL. It will help you much.

Well, call it guilt or you can call it “Nothing else to do with my time”. Notice I directed it at you to get you to see that you are seriously on the edge here. I am not a coward as I can do that freely.

Lol . . I never said it , your man Fashola did. His words on www.enownow.com and quoted in the news from Nigeria and said on TV. I know you will always feel that my opinions ATTACK your person. With the sort of attitude you have when it comes to people outside, as you are, talking on Nigeria that is not a surprise. But may I ask that you learn to read opinions as they are. Maybe then, you will not feel to accuse us of being less intelligent than you are on all issues Nigeria and you might learn that we are all as connected to that country as you are. Hard to believe, huh?

ROFLMAO!!! Nothing will ever do for you, huh?? So, even say the chat was aired live on LTV, no way!! As long as our locations continue to indicate that we are not right there in Nigeria, it was not legit?? LMAO!!! The Fact that the man even responded in an article explaining that businesses can purchase their cameras and subscribe to the database for information as they need to help their security situation is no need cause you do not care for actual info out there on the issue, is it? ROFLMAO!!

Any who, when you get publications that say something different from what the man has so far said, let us know. Either Fashola is a Liar or you are. Win – Win for us, right?? ROFLMAO!

By the way, BUSINESSES IN LONDON DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR SECURITY IN THE UK. I researched it and 2 people so far with Stores have confirmed that Government does not Charge businesses extra for security.

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION 1, you r right i dont make the decisions on what is construed as constructive criticisms,however like i wrote in my comments,there are acceptable criticisms/actions, hence the example of rubbishing the person of a government official just because you are a tax payer, you wont call someone a bastard if he/she disagrees with you or abuse their parents,not because the parents are there or you r scared,its because of "acceptable behaviour"as for constructive criticisms,that is my personal opinion which i have a right to air either you disagree with them or not and if i recollect,i didint ram it down your throat,but in answer to a comment made so whats your fuss all about?
a)me disagreeing with you
b)mentioning constructive criticism
which of nthe above are you mad at?cause if anyone is throwing a tantrum,you should check yourself, i asked both b.o.s.s. to publicly correct me if he though i was arguing blindly same as anyone , thats not shoving my opinions down anyone's throat but putting em, foward for scruitny from any quarter, i dont live in nigeria but i woulkdnt go around calling nigerians in nigeria cowards neither will i aim to lord my opinions over nigerians in nigeria just for the mere fact that i am priviledged to live abroad, show me where i have done these in any single comment i have made, its a challenge, just one single comment

question 2, i though exercising our right to differing opinions is one of the esence of democratic ideals?so are you telling me to keep my mouth shut even if i have a contrary opinion? wow grin

i hope you are not saying you,b.o.s.s. and a couple more disagreeing with the scheme represent tax payers??
by virture of the fact that my family who are regular tax payers have lived and done their business in lagos for eons of years,and i know for a fact that they totally agree with the cctv innovation i have a right to both agree with it,and air my views as well,i dont have a right to stop people putting their views foward,but i have a right to disagree stating my reasons in a PUBLIC DISCOURSE, im at a loss what you are inferring as a free airing of opinions or differences of opinions doesnt constitute and shouldn constitute this much personal attack

question3, thank GOD we r all agreed on the fact that cctv is not wrong
fair enough,while you might beleiev it is not priority based on the reasons you have given,i believe it is priority based on
1.cost-benefit analysis
2.the level of crime,kidnaps e.t.c that has been going on in lagos
if you call stating the reasons why i think its a good idea at this time attacking then im speechless, at this rate i bet you ll want anyone who disagrees with you or worse states the reasons they do to be thrown into the lions den
you have facts?what facts? grin grin
the internet thingy you had with fashola?on the contrary,i think you have been the one not reading my comments, wernt you there or didint you bother to read my comments where i threw a public challenge to b.o.s.s. to correct me where i was wrong??didint he reply back that my reasons are right?sdo what are you on about?

in case you didnt get that,im issuing you a public challenge for the benefit of these reading these comments,to state in clear and precise manner where my reasons for supporting cctv as priority is totally wrong or uncalled for,
im sure you see alkl your comments as the voice of reason,and any contrary opinion as ramblings or going off on tangents, how pretencious and hillarious grin

question 4
pompous approach?thats a new one on me lol
while i wont go into a slanging match with you,if you have bothered to go through most of my comments on here,i have always being magnanimous enough to admit it when im wrong, i dont mind digging up a few for your perusal when i have more time on my hands to sift through,you on the other hand have never ever done that as you have always believed you are right,you ll rather abandon the discussion with whoever than admit,checks your past commentsall there for anyone to see if im wrong or not.,.,seems like what you have against me is simply disagreeing with you on issues and rather than keep quiet like a good little boy i keep on sticking to my guns proferring examples,analogies e.t.c
correct me if im wrong,isnt that the point of this whole thing?if i recollect i saw a post where a guy on here was calling the owner of nairaland a 419er i dont see the heavens coming down on him

question5
well let me clarify here for anyone that might have that view,i dont know about nigeria than everyone else o,all i do is state my own opinions from my personal experiences, if the opposing view is not right or faulty, in my personal opinion then i have a right to say so, not just for sayn sake but stating the reasons why i thought so.

if you have been in seminars or any atmosphere where issues are being discussed,which i presume you have,then you will realise that what a good seminar convener oir leader revels in is individuals having a contrary opinion to each other and stating their differing views,i dont personally know you neither can i put either a face or a name to you same as you cant me,so why should i have my knickers in a twist over what you think,as far as we r both concerned we are a bunch of user names to each other, i address individuals based on comments they make,not by their usernames,perceived personalities e.t.c and ill advice you not to take things so personal as well,u seem to have that unshakeable view that i

must be an overbearing,pompous,doineering individual on the basis of 3000 plus posts, funny enough i dont see you as such as i dont know you personally and it ll be a disservice to do so based on a little fragment of your life, guess thats me, now who is taking this personal and needs to chill lol

hmmn,i see guess i took the bait then right, oh well like i said i was only turning a phrase you used on someone to judge you based on similar context, fair wouldnt you say?

first of,if i had that view that everyone outside nigeria was less intelligent,wouldnt that include myself?you see how preposterous that sounds ? grin grin
i happen to follow the news from nigeria,and one of my daily rituals no matter how busy even on weekends is to do at least 1 hr of ait/focus nigeria,nta e.t.c so i really dont know the news from nigeria you r on about,because of our proximity to nigeria i also make it a point of duty to interact with nigerians in nigeria every single week on diverse issues i.e the ones you see me making comments on, so i am not just operating out of a vacum as you thought,

all i said in reply to the chat with fashola was that,while he might have said anything on there,you really are not advocating for that to be a basis for everything concerning the project,over all other mediums like ait,nta,and nigerian newspapers are you?
attacking your person?why ever in the world would i want to do that?i tag to issues,if you make a comment i agree with on another thread,either you like it or not,i dont see anything wrong in using your quote,thats me, the records are there

can you see clearly that you have not read my comments?i have and always acknowledged that,when b.o.s.s. posted the chat history thing,i said it then that i personally agree that private businesses should be made to pay dues to the fact that they will be an undue security burden to the government, funny thing is that i already made that comment before his poisting the article in reply to mus_ta far, he did the quote thing,so you r free to go back just one page and check the time i made the comment.

show me where i ahev disagreed with fashola charging private businesses and then i can address the comment you made as to fashola or me being a liar, for now,you ll agree with me its of no coscequence really,

again,ill re iterate that,these 2 people either do not know or have just summarily concluded that its not possible, do it this way,ask them to call the metropolitan police telling them that they r organising a concert and will need police presence and then see what they say,better still,ask anyone who organises shows, its a moot point as far as i am concerned because its something i know, making it easier again you could google the story about the football club that was in a disagreement with the (either gmp)or just write metropolitan police over unpaid refunds, gmp stands for greater manchester police.

the most the british police emcompassing all other arms like the met e.t.c will do is basic security i.e cursory look
if you want police cctv,alarm connected to the police e.t.c YOU WILL PAY AN EXTRA MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION
if you organise a concert and you need police presence , ypu will pay for it
if you are a football club and you need police presence-you will pay for it(they actually pay a monthly subscription running into hundreds of thousands per season you are at liberty to independently comfirm these
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
@bacslider
awesome, i couldnt have put it together any better
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2009
must_a_far:

thats the way backslider sees the plate of rice from his side of the table so who am i to condemn his thoughts. NOT! i hear finger printing as you enter lagos, social security number, data, etc etc etc HIV being spread on here.

they might as well, scan every retina and take blood sample
well not just bacslider but the united states of america do so as well, the united kingdom do so as well,
you get filmed by an average of 300 cctv each time you go out of your house in the united kingdom,
your finger prints and other data is taken and left on the database FOR LIFE, even if you are found not to have committed a crime if the police in the u.k have any reasonable suspicion to stop you or take you in,
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by mustafar1: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2009
lucabrasi:

well not just bacslider but the united states of america do so as well, the united kingdom do so as well,
you get filmed by an average of 300 cctv each time you go out of your house in the united kingdom,
your finger prints and other data is taken and left on the database FOR LIFE, even if you are found not to have committed a crime if the police in the u.k have any reasonable suspicion to stop you or take you in,

and is this going to be done by the state or the federal govt. cos how feasible is finger printing every fly that comes into lagos as backslider had stated.
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by BOSS7: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2009
Peeps, you all have the interest of Lagos in the bottom of your heart (and largely Nigeria), so I'll say let this rest and let's dump this thread. At least we all understand each other only that we see things from different angles.

Enjoy.

cheesy
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by mustafar1: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2009
ok B.O.S.S. tongue grin
Re: Reason Cctv Can Work In The Streets Of Lagos. by lucabrasi(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2009
must_a_far:

and is this going to be done by the state or the federal govt. cos how feasible is finger printing every fly that comes into lagos as backslider had stated.
by the state government,i dont think we ll mind our details being held on the data if it ll solve pending cases and prevent new ones would we?
lagos state is hardly a police state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison / Pix Of Amosu Sock-away Bank Plc / When Will APC Stop Their Lies?see What Sahara Reporters Posted About Buhari(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.