Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,334 members, 7,860,824 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Do U Think Of Single Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do U Think Of Single Women? (2514 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2009
Being single comes with a lot of challenges too. I know most women that will advocate for it may be cos of submission / commitment problem. Many of us love to be independent.

I will welcome marriage anytym any day, but considering the emotional stress, i'm tempted to chicken out. :-D
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by sistawoman: 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
DaPhoenix:

[img]http://brandysource.net/board/Smileys/default/pwahaha[/img] @ this thread

Single ladies, who's going clubbing this weekend? I know I am [img]http://brandysource.net/board/Smileys/default/setitoff[/img]

Not single but I will be going clubbing this weekend as well.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by MaiSuya(m): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Being single comes with a lot of challenges too. I know most women that will advocate for it may be cos of submission / commitment problem. Many of us love to be independent.

WT . .  Is this coming from a woman? shocked The emboldened part is supposed to be under the sole jurisdiction of men, damn it!
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by JJYOU: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2009
Tgirl4real:

I will welcome marriage anytym any day, but considering the emotional stress, i'm tempted to chicken out. :-D
most people dont know this.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by DaPhoenix(f): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

Not single but I will be going clubbing this weekend as well.

Nice. . . so many Inauguration parties this weekend, I'm juiced.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by sistawoman: 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Nice. . . so many Inauguration parties this weekend, I'm juiced.

Yes and he will be here in b-more tomorrow. I cant wait to take the kids.

Baltimore and DC will be on Fire this long weekend.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by onyinye2(f): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2009
No parties for me. cry I live around crazy rednecks. cry
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by viperman: 12:51am On Jan 17, 2009
HeatFusion:

Not just an independent woman, baby. . . . .a strong independent one too kiss kiss
You men think so much of yourself. You're only looking at one side of the coin.
Why do some women wish to remain single? Men are not what they used to be anymore. Lack of respect for women, players etc.
What you need to realize is that they don't need a dog or puppy to worry about or irritate them. Many are quite satisfied, no matter way which way you want to see it.

Importance of men are beginning to dwindle as each day pass. Recognize it, get it!!!

Nope, u're wrong. It's not the importance of men, it's the acceptance of the lies that is being passed unto many women out there through different Mediums. A whole lot swallow the lie and make it ruin them and end them up miserable, a few others swallow the lie and at some point get to luckily purge it out of their system and become happy, the very very few wise ones refuse the lie from the onset and enjoy a bunch of decades with a loved one.
And pleaseeeee, man will stop being important to women the day the sun stops rising. You will mature out of this phase anyway, even though it might be too late when you do. I pray it doesn't though, we have enough sad, bitter and grumpy 'old' single ladies running around town harrasing we young men as it is.

Tgirl4real:

With all d stress of fallen in and out of love, i'm tempted to stay single.

I don't know y mothers are so particular about marriage. Our culture is so bent dat it frowns againt being single and all.

If I can have my way, i love to spare myself the heartache that comes with love and eventually marriage.
Love is not fast food, you have to get in that kitchen and cook it WELL! before you can enjoy it. You can start by asking your mother why she got married? And what it has done for her as a person? smiley
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by arramyjay: 1:29am On Jan 17, 2009
It is a very cool idea.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 17, 2009
viperman:

Nope, u're wrong. It's not the importance of men, it's the acceptance of the lies that is being passed unto many women out there through different Mediums.
Lol, and the importance of men are? tongue

viperman:

You will mature out of this phase anyway, even though it might be too late when you do. I pray it doesn't though, we have enough sad, bitter and grumpy 'old' single ladies running around town harrasing we young men as it is.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying staying single is good or bad.
All, I'm saying is that I'm well satisfied with my marital status.
I don't necessarily need a man to make my life fulfiling. Later on, the want of a man might become crucial, caused by raging desires. But apart from hot sex sperm, and loud mouth, why do you think every women NEEDs a man?
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by bluespice(f): 7:22am On Jan 17, 2009
to have someone to take home for those highly-unnecessay-but-chocked-full-with-relatives-get-togethers
that parents seem to keep abreast of tongue
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Taken(m): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2009
I think this question should be rephrased as thus:

What do you think of Single (divorced) women?
or
What do you think of Single (terribly used) women?

I said these because true single women (who haven't messed up their lives and body in anyway) should be taken out of this statistics.

A true woman that chooses to remain single, go for it. Some men do the same after dedicating themselves to greater purposes - Some monks, pastors, or true Fathers (excluding fake silent-gayish Father).
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:38am On Jan 17, 2009
@ Taken

Very good point
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by eminemkayc: 8:10am On Jan 17, 2009
Me thnks they've lost it (d essence of creation)!
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Sissy3(f): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2009
HeatFusion:

I don't necessarily need a man to make my life fulfiling. Later on, the want of a man might become crucial, caused by raging desires. But apart from hot sex sperm, and loud mouth, why do you think every women NEEDs a man?

lol girl u r so funny cheesy i think those highlighted ones are more of the reasons women need men unless the person wants to be asexual or a nun
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by abrahym(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2009
thesame way i think of single men
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2009
it is only a bleeped up woman who lives without a husband.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by argent(f): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
tpacalipse:

Yeah, and that happens only in your bleeped up mind.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2009
tpacalipse:

argent:

Yeah, and that happens only in your bleeped up mind.
brilliant reply argent cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol girl u r so funny cheesy i think those highlighted ones are more of the reasons women need men unless the person wants to be asexual or a nun
Lol, I know na. . . .am just saying, if not for those reasons, what other reasons do women NEED a man for? grin
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by iice(f): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2009
Go and marry your rib and stop worrying about the ones who don't want to join with your rib undecided
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Taken(m): 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2009
Seriously speaking, marriage is a lot of baggage - the challenge there is marrying the right one.
But to settle down with a serious minded trouble maker, i will rather vote for singularity.
However, what about the sex undecided?
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2009
no skin pain if a woman decides not to marry.
but most women tend to regret taking this decision when they get older
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by blackweaver(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2009
OMO IBO:

but most women tend to regret taking this decision when they get older

many women also regret not taking that decision - it works both ways. for me you marry, you don't marry, it's
your life do what you will
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by tyric(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2009
More power to single woman cos i think two many ladies getting married.Hi single ladies wink grin kiss
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by omega25red(m): 2:55am On Jan 18, 2009
nothing wrong with a single woman because that means that a single man would have someone to kick it to besides let the women be single let them party and run around until they are 35 running out of eggs and desperate to settle down which would lead them to settling for a person they wouldnt even be caught dead with. i say this to say scum bags have hope
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Okanran(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2009
. . . Impending apocalypse! tongue
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by steve49ja(m): 8:39am On Jan 20, 2009
Even when you know something is not right you make a thousand reasons to make it seem right.

Not getting married is one hell of a road most peeps (male or female) dont find interesting at the later stage of life.

And talking bout the reasons women need men dontchu think men can as well count the reasons they need women?

Seriously for a man you get to live a better life without restrictions (when not married) but no matter the advantages of being single,how would you feel when you grow up and your mum tells you she's not in contact with your dad because it was a one night thing and she didnt see the need of getting married? same way will it seem when you tell your kids the same story.

1minute with married couples in love you'll be jealous and wish you were that lucky, married couples in love rules anytime of the day.

If we are to face reality:
Now seriously women what do you think mehn needs you for?? i mean are you so important/indispensable?

Dontchu think it'll be a lot more better if we dont get reminded about Adultery and other financial stories??
IMO married mehn still get admirers more than married women.
what exactly is our african women becoming this days? are we to blame civilization? i just dont gerrit
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by spikedcylinder: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2009
Love is not fast food, you have to get in that kitchen and cook it WELL! before you can enjoy it.   You can start by asking your mother why she got married? And what it has done for her as a person?

You asked Tgirl this question but I'm going to comment from my own perspective.

If I asked my mother why she got married, she would say did it because she wanted to be happy and raise a family with the man she loved. If I ask her if she regrets getting married, she would say she does. 3/4 of her life has been spent serving a man who is not only a useless husband but also an ungrateful tart. I am prolly the only kid who grew up wishing her parents would just get up and divorce the Bleep out of each other.

This has however not changed my views about marriage and the whole enchilada. I still want to get married, you know, its nice to love, be loved and have a stable and happy family unit. But right now, I have SERIOUS commitment issues. I can't even think about marriage, a husband or a family right now. If I decide to remain a single woman for the rest of my life, its my call but I would get married. . . . maybe. undecided
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by Sissy3(f): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If I asked my mother why she got married, she would say did it because she wanted to be happy and raise a family with the man she loved. If I ask her if she regrets getting married, she would say she does. 3/4 of her life has been spent serving a man who is not only a useless husband but also an ungrateful tart. I am prolly the only kid who grew up wishing her parents would just get up and divorce the Bleep out of each other.

This has however not changed my views about marriage and the whole enchilada. I still want to get married, you know, its nice to love, be loved and have a stable and happy family unit. But right now, I have SERIOUS commitment issues. I can't even think about marriage, a husband or a family right now. If I decide to remain a single woman for the rest of my life, its my call but I would get married. . . . maybe. undecided

hmmm, spikecyclinder, thats very interesting analysis, but has the relationships between your parents affected your perceptive on marriage, i mean in deciding whether to remain single till now or ? i hope i'm not asking too much.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by spikedcylinder: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
~Sissy~:

hmmm, spikecyclinder, thats very interesting analysis, but has the relationships between your parents affected your perceptive on marriage, i mean in deciding whether to remain single till now or ? i hope i'm not asking too much.

Yes, it has definitely affected my views of marriage and relationships in general.
Re: What Do U Think Of Single Women? by JustGood(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I dont mean any offence but I dont think you'll ever make a good wife for any decent man.

I remember dating a girl that I thought I loved but she was living with her sisters and mum at the time, away from their dad. I decided that I didn't want her to be my wife because her mum came across as being 'too independent' for my liking and this made me feel that she is not someone who would be bothered too much about marriage as she was being brought up to see life that way. I knew then even as young as I was, that I wanted a partner who would be as committed as I am to marriage and who would be willing to make things work even when if we have quarrels and differences.

I'll cut it all short by saying she recently divorced her second husband and she told me that the guy does not want her to be independent. I dont know why she left the first husband. . . I made the right decision about her in spite of my friends thinking I was being stupid (she was, and still is, very beautiful).

I wish you all the best anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Woo Naija Girls? / How Can You Get Your Bf To Spend On U? / A Girl I Was Toasting Slapped Me Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.