Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! (33596 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by RikoduoSennin(m): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Who then is the Father?

The Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD, THE MOST HIGH, ThE ALMIGHTY WHOSE NAME IS YHWH or JEHOVAH. The God whom the Jews worshipped- Acts 5:30.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Total waist of time..i dont think you understand the stands of trinitarians. sad
I am not defending the stands of trinitarians. I am simply telling you the truth that Jesus and God is one.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Are you really serious? You can't be! Why should I reply you when you openly deny what Acts 5:30 says. Try re-reading it in your personal bible again before commenting.

The bible also says Angel is God and Satan is God also. Deal with it!

Do you really think, the bible only mention one God? There many Gods in the Bible hence the use of the word "True" to seperate one from the others.
Did the Bible called Satan our God or did it call the Angels our God.
" 1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ" (1Pet 1:1)

You said the Bible mentioned many God, show me where in the Bible that any of these God was called "our God" except for Jesus and the Father.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
johnw74:

Jesus said if you see me you see the Father
that is because he and the Father are God
he wasn't saying Me and the Father look the same, duh
remember John 1 and all the other scriptures which I don't keep posting to be again not believed
" he that hath seen me hath seen the Father"
meaning I also am God.

RikoduoSennin:

Do you see that bold section- Jesus did not say, He who has seen me has seen GOD also. That would have been easy for his disciples to understand. So that someone like Thomas would not have doubted Jesus resurrection because HE WAS GOD himself, don't you think.

But John 1:18 " No man hath seen GOD at any time"- it did not say "No man hath seen "the Father" at any time did it?"

Jesus then explain who is Called God at John 6:46 "Not that anyone has seen the Father save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father".

Is God different from the Father?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I am not defending the stands of trinitarians. I am simply telling you the truth that Jesus and God is one.

But not one as in the same persons. wink

Thank you!
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Was Paul and Apollo married? Yes or No.
Why do u avoid his question ?

And What does been married got to do with the greek word rendered " ONE" in john 10:30 and 1 cor 3:6-8 ! When it has been clarrified in the footnote of that scripture that it means " one in purpose" ! Always take the time to check the footnotes .
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Thank you!

Very Good ! Why do u think he skillfully avoid ur question ?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Is God different from the Father?

No offence but your questions are beginning to sound unintelligent.

The father is the only true God (the Almighty)

Seeing a messenger (Angel) is like seeing God or coming in contact with God himself because they are from God and they come with heavenly glory. You dont by any remote means think it is Yahweh himself they saw do you? undecided
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
CANTICLES:

Very Good ! Why do u think he skillfully avoid ur question ?

I dont think he knows the true doctrine of the trinity he tends to be peddling around here...I will assume that he is still in the denial stage, soon to discover the absolute truth.

He agrees with you and then denies at the same time. Smh!
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Thank you!
This is the same thing as saying "husband and wife are one but not one flesh"
God and Jesus is one God just as husband and wife is one flesh.
So can you explain to me how husband and wife is one flesh?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

No offence but your questions are beginning to sound unintelligent.

The father is the only true God (the Almighty)

Seeing a messenger (Angel) is like seeing God or coming in contact with God himself because they are from God and they come with heavenly glory. You dont by any remote means think it is Yahweh himself they saw do you? undecided
Tell me where you can find the bold in the Bible?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
CANTICLES:

Why do u avoid his question ?

And What does been married got to do with the greek word rendered " ONE" in john 10:30 and 1 cor 3:6-8 ! When it has been clarrified in the footnote of that scripture that it means " one in purpose" ! Always take the time to check the footnotes .

I was talking about married and how husband and wife are one flesh and you mentioned Paul and Apollo, How does that address the discussion?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

This is the same thing as saying "husband and wife are one but not one flesh"
God and Jesus is one God just as husband and wife is one flesh.
So can you explain to me how husband and wife is one flesh?

You dont need rocket science to understand the scripture even on a literal terms..the bible says that "it is not good for Adam to be alone..so God made him a helper by creating Eve out of Adam's Rib (flesh)"..now for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and become one flesh with his wife. Can you see the significance of the "one flesh"?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God and Jesus is one God

THAT STATEMENT IS NOT SCRIPTURAL !

NOWHERE is Jesus and his Father called " ONE GOD" .

1 Like

Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Ok here is one example...Exodus 3:2-4

"2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I."

In that verse it says that the angel of the lord appeared but it was THE LORD that spoke and called out to moses.

You should really study the scriptures with your time, I think is better than jumping into argument you are not sure of what is what.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

" Then Manoah realized that he was Jehovah's ANGEL , Manoah then said to his wife: "We are sure to die, because it is God whom we have seen" Judges 13:20,21
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

I dont think he knows the true doctrine of the trinity he tends to be peddling around here...I will assume that he is still in the denial stage, soon to discover the absolute truth.
I don't study people doctrines, I study the Bible. And the truth is that I don't know about the teaches of trinitarians, but I have seen in my Bible that Jesus is God and that God the Father and Jesus is one God. I don't understand how this is possible (i.e two persons being one God) but it is all over the Bible and I don't have a choice but to believe it.
But JW try to twist anything they don't understand forgetting that the human mind is small compared with the wisdom of God. And there are mysterious things about God that our mind can't grasp. We just have to believe it because it is the truth.

I don't know about the doctrine of the trinitarians so I can be in denial of something I don't know. But the truth able God I have come to accept, you should do the same.
Maamin:

He agrees with you and then denies at the same time. Smh!
Where did I agree about something and denial it?
Show me where.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
CANTICLES:

THAT STATEMENT IS NOT SCRIPTURAL !

NOWHERE is Jesus and his Father called " ONE GOD" .

Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of
God, which he bought with his own blood.”
Who bought the church with His own blood?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

You dont need rocket science to understand the scripture even on a literal terms..the bible says that "it is not good for Adam to be alone..so God made him a helper by creating Eve out of Adam's Rib (flesh)"..now for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and become one flesh with his wife. Can you see the significance of the "one flesh"?
So how was Adam and Eve one flesh?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Ok here is one example...Exodus 3:2-4

"2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I."

In that verse it says that the angel of the lord appeared but it was THE LORD that spoke and called out to moses.

You should really study the scriptures with your time, I think is better than jumping into argument you are not sure of what is what.
Why did Thomas called Jesus his God?
" 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I don't study people doctrines, I study the Bible. And the truth is that I don't know about the teaches of trinitarians, but I have seen in my Bible that Jesus is God and that God the Father and Jesus is one God. I don't understand how this is possible (i.e two persons being one God) but it is all over the Bible and I don't have a choice but to believe it.
But JW try to twist anything they don't understand forgetting that the human mind is small compared with the wisdom of God. And there are mysterious things about God that our mind can't grasp.

Brilliant write - up ... If human beings ar scripturally are called " GODS", hw much more Jesus can be called a " Mighty God" Isa 9:6 ? He deserves it, bcoz he has been given all authority !

BUT WHO GAVE HIM that authority ? JW'S never understimate this basic truth, God the Father IS GREATER THAN Christ , " God (father) is the head of Christ" 1Cor 11:3 do u believe this ?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
CANTICLES:

Brilliant write - up ... If human beings ar scripturally are called " GODS", hw much more Jesus can be called a " Mighty God" Isa 9:6 ? He deserves it, bcoz he has been given all authority !

BUT WHO GAVE HIM that authority ? JW'S never understimate this basic truth, God the Father IS GREATER THAN Christ , " God (father) is the head of Christ" 1Cor 11:3 do u believe this ?
Before Jesus came to earth he was equal with God but he later too the position of a servant and become a man. And as a result God is the head of "Jesus as a man". But God is equal to Jesus as the Word.

Why is this Jesus called our God if we have only one God?
" 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13 NKJV)
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2015

Where did you see the bold in the bible? undecided

But JW try to twist anything they don't understand forgetting that the human mind is small compared with the wisdom of God. And there are mysterious things about God that our mind can't grasp. We just have to believe it because it is the truth.

I am not JW..though I agree with them to some extent. The mystery of God has been revealed on to us even to the babes my dear :

Eph. 1:9-11 "Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in [size=15pt]one[/size] all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"

1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

I don't know about the doctrine of the trinitarians so I can be in denial of something I don't know. But the truth able God I have come to accept, you should do the same.

Ofcourse it is very obvious that you dont

Where did I agree about something and denial it?
Show me where.

You said God is one But Jesus and God are one.

Me: Which I agreed that God is one

Me: God and Jesus the son are 'one' but 'one in purpose and will'

Which you disagreed here. Now go back to the bible verses I quoted here and see the context of the oneness between God,Christ and the Church...*they are marked in coloured letters*
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by CANTICLES: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Before Jesus came to earth he was equal with God but he later too the position of a servant and become a man. And as a result God is the head of "Jesus as a man". But God is equal to Jesus as the Word.

" 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13 NKJV)
U are very wrong in ur explanation of 1cor 11:3!
Simply bcoz it was written MANY YEARS after Christ has went back to heaven, it was written " God (the Father) is the head of Christ" 1 Cor 11:3 , Do u belive this statement ?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Where did you see the bold in the bible? undecided

I am not JW..though I agree with them to some extent. The mystery of God has been revealed on to us even to the babes my dear :

Eph. 1:9-11 "Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in [size=15pt]one[/size] all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"

1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Ofcourse it is very obvious that you dont

You said God is one But Jesus and God are one.

Me: Which I agreed that God is one

Me: God and Jesus the son are 'one' but 'one in purpose and will'

Which you disagreed here. Now go back to the bible verses I quoted here and see the context of the oneness between God,Christ and the Church...*they are marked in coloured letters*
The Bible didn't say husband and wife are one in will and purpose but husband and wife are one flesh.
Can you explain how two people are one flesh? of course No, it a mystery.
Even Paul can't explain it:
" 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Eph 5:31-32)

So are you saying God forget to reveal the mystery to Paul or do you know more than Paul?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Why did Thomas called Jesus his God?
" 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

Even jesus called us gods John 10: 34-35, Psalm 82: 1 and 6, you are a god so I am too...Even God the father called Jesus the son 'God' (in Hebrews)...Satan is also called god of this age. so?

Are u satisfied?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of
God, which he bought with his own blood.”
Who bought the church with His own blood?

How does this verse interpret them as one God ? undecided
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
CANTICLES:

U are very wrong in ur explanation of 1cor 11:3!
Simply bcoz it was written MANY YEARS after Christ has went back to heaven, it was written " God (the Father) is the head of Christ" 1 Cor 11:3 , Do u belive this statement ?
Christ ascended to heaven in a man body. He still had the flesh on still today.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

Even jesus called us gods John 10: 34-35, Psalm 82: 1 and 6, you are a god so I am too...Even God the father called Jesus the son 'God' (in Hebrews)...Satan is also called god of this age. so?

Are u satisfied?
Did Jesus called us his God?
If so, show me where?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maamin:

How does this verse interpret them as one God ? undecided
Answer the question.
Who bought the Church with his blood?
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
[s]Before Jesus came to earth he was equal with God[/s] but he later too the position of a servant and become a man. And as a result God is the head of "Jesus as a man". But God is equal to Jesus as the Word.

@the striked, where are ur scriptural proves? And @ the bold below if Jesus is the word from whom is the word? Your guess is as good as mine

John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only
true God
, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Take note: the only true God sent Jesus the Son..not vise visa.

The father is greater than the Son..they were never co-equal.
Re: Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! by Maamin(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Did Jesus called us his God?
If so, show me where?

But Jesus called God the father 'My God'...but God the father has never called Jesus the son 'My God'..Neither the Devil or human. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Members Kiss Zambian Pastor's Shoes For Miracle. Photos / How My Cook Tried To Poison Me – Fr Mbaka / International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.