Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

"It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (28364 Views)

God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by thepatroit: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
As usual. That statement is for the masses and not for your likes. But guess what? We've been surviving and we will continue to survive!!! WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Abayhormy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
I keep Wondering, with the satellites Nigeria launched into space, with the information gathering drone(gulma) that was commissioned, with ALL the gadgets of Airforce and with ALL the BH terrorists that has been captured over time and escaped/rescued BH victims, why hasn't this administration been able to tell us they've traced at least a single evidence to the links or connections of BH to a sponsor ?

Why haven't The alleged BH Food supply Helicopters been spotted or Located by FG for Once ??

Only God knows the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by SuperSuave(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Kingkamal(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
they bastardize the economy and they are going.............. Allah ya isaa

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Adyrin(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Same here!
Just read the headlines....!
VickyRotex:
[Motaka oshi danu!!!

Dint bother reading it sef undecided sad
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
God help nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
hmm...this is really serious...may God help us through!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Adyrin(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yez we shall.....
thepatroit:
As usual. That statement is for the masses and not for your likes. But guess what? We've been surviving and we will continue to survive!!! WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by skullbaba: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
no comment
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Shaadey: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
really?
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:
it's going to be a difficult year for Nigerians but as citizen of heaven I will be exempted. it will be the best year I have ever experienced. hit like to be exempted.

Isaac sow in the year of famine and in the same year reap a hundred fold.

amen #christembassy
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Swiftboy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Well this is my year of upliftment! grin

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Demmzy15(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Leave me jawe *eating groundnuts*

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Hysmady(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
4 your family bah?

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by kennydee05(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
When you and GEJ will be saying their is casting down in your village, I will be saying their is lifting up in my hood....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by VickyRotex(f): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Adyrin:
Same here!
Just read the headlines....!

Abi... Wondering why I should read it after such headlines undecided

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by darah(f): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
madam paper economist,are we no more the largest economies in africa again? The whole budget of Nigeria has been disbursed to the obas,opc, massob and that hippopotamic dokubo.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by atakamus: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Who said it will be difficult while Jona is still sharing dollars around the country and is wife who is a chief sharer is sharing rice, naira and stone to kill the changers. God save Nigeria from Jona, his wife and their cohorts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by eagleeyez: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
tbaba1234:
Oil price slump is choking this OPEC economy
March 18

Nigeria's currency is trading at a record low against the U.S. dollar, the stock market has slumped 15% this year --making it the worst performer in Africa -- and financial reserves are being depleted.

"It's going to be a very difficult year," Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told CNN. "We've had a more than 50% fall in the price of oil and that has naturally impacted the economy."

Nigeria is currently pumping about 1.8 million barrels of crude oil per day, making it OPEC's 7th biggest producer --alongside Angola.

It relies on oil for 70% of its income, and needs a price of nearly $120 a barrel to balance its budget, according to Deutsche Bank.

The slump has taken world prices below $43 a barrel, their lowest level in six years, and that has placed the economy under severe strain.

It is a crisis that is affecting rich and poor. Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa, has lost over half of his $25 billion wealth in the crisis, according to Bloomberg. Much of that has been wiped out by the falling currency and the stock market crash.

However much pain Nigeria is feeling, it's not the worst performing oil exporter.

The Russian economy is set to shrink by 5% this year, with international sanctions exacerbating the impact of the oil price collapse, and Venezuelan GDP could fall by 7%.

Still, the IMF has slashed its 2015 growth forecast for Nigeria to 4.8%, from 7.3% last October. And the government is having to cut spending in many areas.

"Nigeria is actually still growing and still one of the 20 fastest growing economies in the world," says Okonjo-Iweala. ""We've had to cut back on some investments but to support growth, we've taken the little we have and focused on high priority, high impact investments - mostly in infrastructure and health."

Nigeria faces another a more immediate problem.

It is set to hold one of the closest elections in its history. Political uncertainty and the threat of instability, and even violence, during and after voting has meant many investors and businesses have adopted a "wait and see" approach.

The elections have already been postponed by six weeks after the military announced they could not guarantee security on voting day due to a new military offensive against Islamist terror group Boko Haram.

By Christian Purefoy March 18, 2015 08:43AM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/news/economy/nigeria-oil-finance-minister/index.html

Yes of ccourse, tell us about the treasury also....what of the directives you give firs? And the circular you sent round to all goverment and agencies and parastatals to stop employment as government has no funds for recruitment.

Am not going to respond to any one who disagrees with me. Go and do your investigation

One main reason why jonathan is sacared of losing is because the true state of our treasury will be exposed amongst other atrocities he has committed.

For his own good......hmmmm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whr are GEJ supporters? Oya talk now. Idiots, we hav been transformed. To 1st class poor citizns,yet dey wnt anoda 4yrs for dis clueless govt!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by sheff(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Sensless talk by our minister of money/finance can she please explain to us when nigerians has ever had it easy since she became our prime-minister

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:
it's going to be a difficult year for Nigerians but as citizen of heaven I will be exempted. it will be the best year I have ever experienced. hit like to be exempted.

Isaac sow in the year of famine and in the same year reap a hundred fold.

you attend winners, dont you? that quote sounds familiar
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by sammyj: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
We don't need a world bank economist to know we are in for it this year Even the market women know how you and your Oga the clueless one has looted our remaining common wealth all in the name of election.

SAI BABA come and rescue us !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by otr1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
And the government is having to cut spending in many areas.
I wont believe you Ma, until GEJ's feeding budget is trimmed down to N36.5 million.
The only areas we've seen you cut spendings so far are areas which only affect the masses.

By the way, APC have a better budget prepared to take us through the second half of the year after you hand over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by oseahumenb(m): 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Madam Okonjo, do not worry about the economy cos u will not be around to find out how the crisis and mess u created will be fixed. I wish u will be in prison and ur randy hubby will be bringing food to u in prison.

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Is they no time wey im no dey yarn all this bullshit story..madam voodoo economist..see the nigeria wey u dey manage im economy. Dey tell us story 4 paper...how far.?..wey the industries, wey the production? wey the economy?...Wey the jobs.?.......jonsings lots..lying crooks...una own go don......cant blieve people like this woman can be so callous in farce and lies..in the middle of all this fallacy surrounding the government she callously represents...and this woman is being paid in dollars, according to her demand...kai...nigeria has been so insulted by this ilks....
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by gebest: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Naija go survive am, e don tey wen we dey survive economy meltdown "since 16 yrs ago, u kn what i mean.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by smilyice(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
Make e no be like say I no wan talk.......I don talk nau [color=#006600][/color]
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Pebcak: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
WOOOOOOW Sh1t just got real
Why didnt y'all save when OIL price was booming

Meanwhile somewhere in Aso rock garden

Everybody shouting CHANGE!!!CHANGE!!!CHANGE!!!
Even PDP top shot Marching for change
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okupe,JEG,Fayose,FFK, Okonjo (clapping behind the tree)(From L-R)

SAI BUHARI!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by StupidMod101: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good day Nairalanders
I thank you all for listening and downloading my two tracks

(Dance track) "Erekere" http://mp3twit.com/uZP

And

(Pure yoruba Rap) "Fisile" http://mp3twit.com/v04

I'm here again with this shayo track
Please Download it and hear another YORUBA rap from me (f'rainbow) the igbo guy

This is "Ni Faaji" http://mp3twit.com/v4d

Show brother love

.....F'Rainbow.....
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
Its already been felt here with the recent increase in crime rate locally, the lekki bank robbery is just a tip-
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by CecyAdrian(f): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheesy cheesy such a joker,has there been any better year for Nigeria undecided
Mschewwwwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / IBB Confirms Statement Asking Buhari To Step Down, Any Other Info Is Fake - FFK / Umar Ganduje Speaks About Projects Commissioned After Bribery Allegation Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.