Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

"It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (28365 Views)

God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Flets: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Many illiterates in Nigeria. Falling crude oil prices is affecting all OPEC economies and many are here yapping.

Let every sane mind listen...

If By Chance Buhari wins.......
ND delta militants will reduce oil production in this regime of low oil prices..... that is the true doom and perilous times

Investors will simply withdraw their money
FDI will almost get to zero
Dollar will be exchanging for 350 naira
Our economy will truly shatter

And even if you send the entire Nigerian army to the creeks, the IOCs will never venture to send their workers into a volatile region to produce oil..... not even at this current crude pricing

Vote wisely
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
edo3:
U dey mind d bastard? Na only d poor dey feel am..I wonder what goes on in their minds anytime they are in their convoys and see massive poverty in d land..seein old women hawkin pure water,and able bodied men hawking gala..
they don't have anything in mind, all they think about is about their personal interest. All they think about is how to send their kids to harvard university while we work hand-in-hand wit strike always..
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by dandoki: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ngozi wahala, abeg carry ur wahala go!
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Lolamida(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Transformation Agenda indeed!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Shebi u follow dem dey shout "gej till 2054"?
yes! But, she ought 2 have closed that her mouth. GEJ till 2019
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
sheff:
Sensless talk by our minister of money/finance can she please explain to us when nigerians has ever had it easy since she became our prime-minister
God bless you real good. Okonjo Iweala is a curse to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by queensmith: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
can anyone explain to me how you 'invest in healthcare'
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by 400billionman: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:
it's going to be a difficult year for Nigerians but as citizen of heaven I will be exempted. it will be the best year I have ever experienced. hit like to be exempted.

Isaac sow in the year of famine and in the same year reap a hundred fold.

My dear, people are still building houses even as we speak. Some call them ritualists.. So i don't see any dull 2015.

Its a very bright year. The best I will have ever seen..
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
When they and their cronies have bought every dollar available........... thank God you are saying the truth. we know before... Corrupt govt........
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by farem: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
gbl01:

How dumb can APC supporters be? Even the world richest man is not worth $200billion. Common sense is indeed not common.

Will APC conjure magically and trigger the increase in oil price? No wonder Buhari promised to stabilize the world oil price.

Russia crumbled, the citizenry rally around their president, Nigeria ain't crumbled yet, people-even those in power are spewing trash

You and I know it's N200B and the dollar sign was the only error in that write-up.Russia crumble and the russians rallied round because their leaders do not rationalise the meaning of stealing and corruption.
Why do you resemble your taskmaster (gej) that always look for loop-hole on how to destroy raging fact? Aren't u concern about the amounts stated even if it is in CFA?

Sadd-u-cee (SAD-U-SEE!)

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by yourmesprings(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
gbl01:

How dumb can APC supporters be? Even the world richest man is not worth $200billion. Common sense is indeed not common.

Will APC conjure magically and trigger the increase in oil price? No wonder Buhari promised to stabilize the world oil price.

Russia crumbled, the citizenry rally around their president, Nigeria ain't crumbled yet, people-even those in power are spewing trash

What has this got to do with APC. it's a that a whole minister can predict woes but can not point out how the government is cutting spending. They can reduce their salaries, bonuses and all the regulars. When oil price was high what did they do? Did she come out and say we are saving or show us any meaningful thing?

I dropped my 2nd shift at work now because dollars is now gold in Nigeria.

Honestly this has nothing to do with APC/PDP.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]

You and I know it's N200B and the dollar sign was the only error in that write-up.Russia crumble and the russians rallied round because their leaders do not rationalise the meaning of stealing and corruption.
Why do you resemble your taskmaster (gej) that always look for loop-hole on how to destroy raging fact? Aren't u concern about the amounts stated even if it is in CFA?

Sadd-u-cee (SAD-U-SEE!)

I won't stoop low to your level and exchange words with u. Its a pity that anybody with a different opinion with u is assumed to be on the other side.

When you grow up, you'll know that u accept your errors and move on and not insult the other person that pointed it out.

...and nope, I can't see you sad-so remain sad!
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:

it's about what I have seen in the word. the world have no solution for the present situation. the name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run to it and are save.
if you must escape this difficult, God must be your source.
I am a son of the prophet bishop oyedepo

ohkay??
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
yourmesprings:

What has this got to do with APC. it's a that a whole minister can predict woes but can not point out how the government is cutting spending. They can reduce their salaries, bonuses and all the regulars. When oil price was high what did they do? Did she come out and say we are saving or show us any meaningful thing?

I dropped my 2nd shift at work now because dollars is now gold in Nigeria.

Honestly this has nothing to do with APC/PDP.

You really at this point don't need the minister to tell you the economy is crumbling and to be fair to her, she itemize how they'll cut cost some few weeks ago (and in strong terms she stated that it will affect mostly the affluent) even though they're always just vain words. Yes they failed and woefully too but re-read the comments on this thread to decipher that theyre all about political affiliations.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:

it's about what I have seen in the word. the world have no solution for the present situation. the name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run to it and are save.
if you must escape this difficult, God must be your source.
I am a son of the prophet bishop oyedepo

*sighs*
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by legendsilver(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:
it's going to be a difficult year for Nigerians but as citizen of heaven I will be exempted. it will be the best year I have ever experienced. hit like to be exempted.

God bless this writer. Its going to be difficult for those people that planted and sow the seed of corruption not we the masses that hardly see or get a dine from them
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by nerilove(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
0nyegame:
Madam Ngoo,u're the major person that is killing the economy of dis country,very corrupt and selfish human being.in a country where the poor is getting poorer while the rich is getting richer.
Nawa 4u ooo, is she the cause of the fall in oil price? Didn't you read the write-up? Many bigger countries are in the same situation. If don't know anything about the economy, ask and you shall be lectured. Don't accuse whois trying to improve your wellbeing.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Kingspin(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
kITATITA:
Why is it not difficult for the President to get the dollars he's using to buy allegiance across the country? We don't care anymore. Another government will restore the glory of the land.
Try to see beyond oil next time. The national confab is the restructure we need keep ur change!
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by stevecantrell: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Chinaka2014:
this woman is the problem Nigerians are having including other women in this present administration, I don't know what the president see in all these women who are running his government down. no wonder OBJ refused to work with her.

The man never had any good plans for his government Ab initio.
These women have hijacked his administration and he's only happy to use them as a shield.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by 989900: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
Fall in oil prices . . . gullible answer meant for gullible people.

Why didn't the Naira appreciate when it was 'rising oil prices'?

Greatest oil plunge (prices) ever was in '08 from $147.27 to $33.55.
And Naira didn't commit suicide then. Agreed there could be some drop in value of the Naira but this is tooooo much

In 1998 to early 1999, during Gen. Abdulsalami, oil price dropped to $9, exchange rate stabilized at about N88.

So, if your exchange rate was N88 with oil price at nine dollars, how can you explain that when your oil price is over $50, while claiming biggest economy in Africa, top 3 projected growth rate in the world, and your exchange rate is now N250 to $1?

How do you go about selling oil for the highest prices ever, over the longest period ever, while depleting the country's reserve from $62b to what $30b or thereabout?

You say your growth is a non-oil sector . . . , how come that the depreciation in oil price has so much impact on your economy?

When the likes of countries like Qatar, U.A.E, Saudi and co. were busy investing both home and abroad, to secure their economies and their children's future, what were we doing? Buying 10 private jets?

4 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by stevecantrell: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
989900:
Fall in oil prices . . . gullible answer meant for gullible people.

Greatest oil plunge (prices) ever was in '08 from $147.27 to $33.55.
And Naira didn't commit suicide then. Agreed there could be some drop in value of the Naira but this is tooooo much

In 1998 to early 1999, during Gen. Abdulsalami, oil price dropped to $9, exchange rate stabilized at about N88.

So, if your exchange rate was N88 with oil price at nine dollars, how can you explain that when your oil price is over $50, while claiming biggest economy in Africa, top 3 projected growth rate in the world, and your exchange rate is now N250 to $1?

How do you go about selling oil for the highest prices ever, over the longest period ever, while depleting the country's reserve from $62b to what $30b or thereabout?

You say your growth is a non-oil sector, how come that the depreciation in oil price has so much impact on your economy.

When the likes of countries like Qatar, U.A.E, Saudi and co. were busy investing both home and abroad, to secure their economies and their children's future, what were we doing? Buying 10 private jets?

BlessYou !

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by stevecantrell: 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
nerilove:
Nawa 4u ooo, is she the cause of the fall in oil price? Didn't you read the write-up? Many bigger countries are in the same situation. If don't know anything about the economy, ask and you shall be lectured. Don't accuse whois trying to improve your wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Reference(m): 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
For you chaps not me. I'm seeing record levels of business. True producers paradise, a weak naira. May crude oil remain 'reasonably priced' for as long as possible.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by alesey(m): 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
There is God Ooo all does that as lotting this country wealth and make the masses surfer. Nothing is working, Biz is not moving, everything has put on hold. We keep on deciving ourself that our economy is growing.

March 28 vote massively for capable leader who put Nigeria 1st.
I have decided APC has my vote
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by netmillionaires(m): 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ipledge:
Nothing consern me,make i check western union exchange rate.
Some said the motorists and the people selling gala see hold up from different angle
well spoken. U remind me of those days when I used to move from lagos to benin. If u dey go benin in January u go see road workers dey repair the road. In march while coming back u go see the road don get potholes again. U go start to dey wonder say no b d road wey dem just repair 3 months ago b dis. I come start to dey reason say na all dis villagers wey dey hawk goods for d road dey come for night come dey spoil d road so that dem go fit dey sell them wares as traffic dey break down 4 d area. Motorist go dey complain of bad road and shoddy construction job while villagers go dey happy say hold-up dey dey and market dey move wella.

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by azzima(m): 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
And MEANWHILE our clueless Presido is dashing DOLLARS left , right and center. MUMU NIGERIANS!!!!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by akilo1: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
difficult year for the poor massed and better years for politicians spending dollas,jonathan is no longer spending naira and now he is spending dollas,i cant waiti for buhari to lock you all in prison,

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Keegan: 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
Chinaka2014:
this woman is the problem Nigerians are having including other women in this present administration, I don't know what the president see in all these women who are running his government down. no wonder OBJ refused to work with her.

They are evil mermaids, holding the whole nation captive. They will soon meet their waterloo.
Shame on NOI, she is a complete idiot, failure.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by BodyKiss(m): 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:

This is called living in denial

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by azzima(m): 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Like Soludo said , she was a high level administrative secretary at the World Bank and not a financial expert. This is what you get. MUMU NIGERIANS!!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Keegan: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Flets:
Many illiterates in Nigeria. Falling crude oil prices is affecting all OPEC economies and many are here yapping.

Let every sane mind listen...

If By Chance Buhari wins.......
ND delta militants will reduce oil production in this regime of low oil prices..... that is the true doom and perilous times

Investors will simply withdraw their money
FDI will almost get to zero
Dollar will be exchanging for 350 naira
Our economy will truly shatter

And even if you send the entire Nigerian army to the creeks, the IOCs will never venture to send their workers into a volatile region to produce oil..... not even at this current crude pricing

Vote wisely

I think you and those senseless militants have stockpiled food that can last you a decade? Afo-fun-gbe-mu, oponu, ayirada gbogbo. Illiterate this! Illiterate that! To hell with you!
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by tylesh(f): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Well,dts for her and her entire family not me.My Bible says "when men say it is a casting down for me,it is a lifting up".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / Tinubu Campaign Organisation Disowns Viral Unofficial Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.