Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

"It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (28362 Views)

God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by nerilove(m): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
stevecantrell:

Why didn't the Naira appreciate when it was 'rising oil prices'?
the Naira was the way he met it. That period, the oil was rising and falling but still the Naira was stable. This time, its inevitable.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by AlphaDibia(m): 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
I have called for a diversified economy but nooooo... they won't listen. Rather I was stoned, spat on, looked down upon with disdain of biblical proportion. Rhey labeled me a mental. I also called for these sweep away of these cabals ruling since 1960s, and install a new wave of leadership in Nigeria but nooooo, you distant yourselves from me. Put me in isolation. Thank you. Ochi nti ngwa nu.. agha ga fa esu. Mba ka chie nu nti. Unu agbana oso..
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 19, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
YES! For the poor masses, not for your likes..
she's afraid she might be jailed alongside Diazinni Alison Madueke if Muhammodu Buhari becomes the president .
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by InvertedHammer: 3:17am On Mar 19, 2015
/
I have always had a very low opinion about the much-touted and hyped expertise of Okonjo Iweala. She was an affirmative action student used to fill the quota for Africa in Havard.

What happened to all those phantom economic indices she was putting out to confuse and convince the ever-gullible masses that Nigeria is on the path to El Dorado?

After listening to her public speeches, it could easily be deduced that she is only a level above Patience Jonathan in coherence and eloquence.
/

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by fabulous01(m): 4:11am On Mar 19, 2015
meaning of Admin and servicom
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:35am On Mar 19, 2015
muyiwaadekunle1:
she's afraid she might be jailed alongside Diazinni Alison Madueke if Muhammodu Buhari becomes the president .
that 1 konsan dem oh, as 4 me na watch Dey watch Nigeria
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:48am On Mar 19, 2015
its well
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by tk4rd: 6:04am On Mar 19, 2015
lalasticlala:
It was all fun and games till a man died in a drinking competition he was having with his friends in Benin, Edo State.

Famous Ogbeide, 25, was attending the funeral of a friend's father when someone suggested they start a drinking competition.

Reports say, the deceased and his friends drank different types and combinations of gins and alcohol. Famous won the competition at the second round, earning him a cash prize of N4,000. Unfortunately, the prize couldn't be redeemed as he was immediately hospitalised and died shortly after.

The police have stepped into the case by arresting the organisers of the event.

Investigations have commenced.

http://pulse.ng/gist/a-death-that-breeds-death-man-dies-in-drinking-competition-at-a-funeral-id3579847.html
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by bundur(m): 6:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Me I no understand oo ive been buyin petrol @ 110 per ltr
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by ibedun: 6:12am On Mar 19, 2015
Flets:
Many illiterates in Nigeria. Falling crude oil prices is affecting all OPEC economies and many are here yapping.

Let every sane mind listen...

If By Chance Buhari wins.......
ND delta militants will reduce oil production in this regime of low oil prices..... that is the true doom and perilous times

Investors will simply withdraw their money
FDI will almost get to zero
Dollar will be exchanging for 350 naira
Our economy will truly shatter

And even if you send the entire Nigerian army to the creeks, the IOCs will never venture to send their workers into a volatile region to produce oil..... not even at this current crude pricing

Vote wisely

Nigeria would simply surround their region and starve them to death, unless they have stockpiled enough food to last them for 20 years. They will soon enough find that oil is not edible.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by neighbourhud: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2015
989900:
Fall in oil prices . . . gullible answer meant for gullible people.

Why didn't the Naira appreciate when it was 'rising oil prices'?

Greatest oil plunge (prices) ever was in '08 from $147.27 to $33.55.
And Naira didn't commit suicide then. Agreed there could be some drop in value of the Naira but this is tooooo much

In 1998 to early 1999, during Gen. Abdulsalami, oil price dropped to $9, exchange rate stabilized at about N88.

So, if your exchange rate was N88 with oil price at nine dollars, how can you explain that when your oil price is over $50, while claiming biggest economy in Africa, top 3 projected growth rate in the world, and your exchange rate is now N250 to $1?

How do you go about selling oil for the highest prices ever, over the longest period ever, while depleting the country's reserve from $62b to what $30b or thereabout?

You say your growth is a non-oil sector . . . , how come that the depreciation in oil price has so much impact on your economy?

When the likes of countries like Qatar, U.A.E, Saudi and co. were busy investing both home and abroad, to secure their economies and their children's future, what were we doing? Buying 10 private jets?

The best comment I have read so far.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by EbuGeneral(m): 7:31am On Mar 19, 2015
madam dont worry, we are already feeling the hardship you and gej laid on us. super yoghurt of N100 is now N130. But the hardship will only last till may 29 when you and gej will pack out of ASO ROCK. SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by skyfall: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Yeye woman. I thought we were not broke.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Bhella5(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Won ti ko owo wa ja...!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by fromnigeria(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Aunty, stop telling me we have little. If you need cash then Meet (stand up against and fight corruption) most PDP polythiefcians they have so much of our resources in terms of cash. And Switz just refunded about 350bn Abacha loot.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Franky9584(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Hmmm! Frm frying pan 2 fire. . .wot z d fate of a common man?
MAY GOD HELP US
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by ikechukwu354(m): 11:30am On Mar 19, 2015
0nyegame:
Madam Ngoo,u're the major person that is killing the economy of dis country,very corrupt and selfish human being.in a country where the poor is getting poorer while the rich is getting richer.

you dumb fool, when she stabilised the country where were u? now things re bad and its her u blames and moreover how is the rich getting richer cant u see dangote just lossed half his wealth if ur fada was a COO of dangote group don't u know he will suffer the consequences too... mtcheew please mind want u say.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by teufelein(f): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
i dont see how the exacebating impediment of oil collapse will jeopardise the falling stardard of poor people in the zoo nigeria going from the practical factum that the general presumptive constellation of the poor people in the zoo nigeria is always constant. it does not matter whether the economy is good or bad; the poor people remain poor, nothing practically change for them.

the sole solution which'll bring permanent paliative remedy is absolutely complete destruction of the zoo nigeria...
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Immortality(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

How dumb can APC supporters be? Even the world richest man is not worth $200billion. Common sense is indeed not common.

Will APC conjure magically and trigger the increase in oil price? No wonder Buhari promised to stabilize the world oil price.

Russia crumbled, the citizenry rally around their president, Nigeria ain't crumbled yet, people-even those in power are spewing trash

Yes people will not rally because this administration is deceitful, selfish and wicked one to the people. They don't "give a damn" about the people.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by ibedun: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
[size=18pt]The Fat, Ugly, cheeky world bank clerk again? Who the hell is she talking to?[/size]
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Seamareggae(m): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
Onozboy:
Ok....staying in nigeria is not even easy

no light
bad roads
etc
Nd U still want to vote for gej..
Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Not Be Attending Wikes Inauguration Ceremony - Amaechi / Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Photos As The CGC Of Customs Hammed Resumes Duty Officially Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.