Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

"It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (28362 Views)

God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by olas24u(f): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
a country that as been in recession for 50 years

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by gidjah(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ish 60:1-4.darkness shall cover d earth and gross darkness d people,....But for you shall God Arise.I operate on the heavens convenant Economy,so NO DOWN TIMES IN MY FINANCE BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Leiman100(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ya we all know that. That's why we are voting in a new government come march 28 to to restore our glory. SAI BUHARI!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by stagger: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Me and my family are exempted according to what my bible says. OKonjo "big cheeks" Iweala is on her own.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Situation001(m): 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
tbaba1234:
Oil price slump is choking this OPEC economy
March 18

Nigeria's currency is trading at a record low against the U.S. dollar, the stock market has slumped 15% this year --making it the worst performer in Africa -- and financial reserves are being depleted.

"It's going to be a very difficult year," Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told CNN. "We've had a more than 50% fall in the price of oil and that has naturally impacted the economy."

Nigeria is currently pumping about 1.8 million barrels of crude oil per day, making it OPEC's 7th biggest producer --alongside Angola.

It relies on oil for 70% of its income, and needs a price of nearly $120 a barrel to balance its budget, according to Deutsche Bank.

The slump has taken world prices below $43 a barrel, their lowest level in six years, and that has placed the economy under severe strain.

It is a crisis that is affecting rich and poor. Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa, has lost over half of his $25 billion wealth in the crisis, according to Bloomberg. Much of that has been wiped out by the falling currency and the stock market crash.

However much pain Nigeria is feeling, it's not the worst performing oil exporter.

The Russian economy is set to shrink by 5% this year, with international sanctions exacerbating the impact of the oil price collapse, and Venezuelan GDP could fall by 7%.

Still, the IMF has slashed its 2015 growth forecast for Nigeria to 4.8%, from 7.3% last October. And the government is having to cut spending in many areas.

"Nigeria is actually still growing and still one of the 20 fastest growing economies in the world," says Okonjo-Iweala. ""We've had to cut back on some investments but to support growth, we've taken the little we have and focused on high priority, high impact investments - mostly in infrastructure and health."

Nigeria faces another a more immediate problem.

It is set to hold one of the closest elections in its history. Political uncertainty and the threat of instability, and even violence, during and after voting has meant many investors and businesses have adopted a "wait and see" approach.

The elections have already been postponed by six weeks after the military announced they could not guarantee security on voting day due to a new military offensive against Islamist anti_islamist terror group Boko Haram.

By Christian Purefoy March 18, 2015 08:43AM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/news/economy/nigeria-oil-finance-minister/index.html

They are actually anti-islamist terror group undecided

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by farem: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
OK. Dia ris Godooooo!
This has not stopped traditional ruulers $250,000 each

Tinubu's offer of $200B, Tompolo, Gani Adams's billions contracts,
Anti-card reader budget of $35M,
Dollars rain accross geopolitical zones,

Many...many and many like that

NOI, this will make meaning if/when we dont have innocent-looking hawks in power.

Bring my share and before it all pafuka!

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by IBROHIM: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Where are the Jonathief till una dies? The same Jonathief that destroyed our economy!!! Where are you guys? Where are the Refineries? I think you guys are high on weed!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by gidjah(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ish 60:1-4.darkness shall cover d earth and gross darkness d people,....But for you shall God Arise.I operate on the heavens convenant Economy,so NO DOWN TIMES IN MY FINANCE BY THE GRACE OF GOD.If u
dont mind pls save ur self this economi haulocost theory and dive into this Convenant
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Misogynist2014(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jonadog is a big scam.

4 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by fasbat(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
pafra:
it's going to be a difficult year for Nigerians but as citizen of heaven I will be exempted. it will be the best year I have ever experienced. hit like to be exempted.

Isaac sow in the year of famine and in the same year reap a hundred fold.

my brother, I do claim it, it shall be well with me and my family ds year 2015 and more...amin
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by harry509: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
tbaba1234:
Oil price slump is choking this OPEC economy
March 18

Nigeria's currency is trading at a record low against the U.S. dollar, the stock market has slumped 15% this year --making it the worst performer in Africa -- and financial reserves are being depleted.

"It's going to be a very difficult year," Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told CNN. "We've had a more than 50% fall in the price of oil and that has naturally impacted the economy."

Nigeria is currently pumping about 1.8 million barrels of crude oil per day, making it OPEC's 7th biggest producer --alongside Angola.

It relies on oil for 70% of its income, and needs a price of nearly $120 a barrel to balance its budget, according to Deutsche Bank.

The slump has taken world prices below $43 a barrel, their lowest level in six years, and that has placed the economy under severe strain.

It is a crisis that is affecting rich and poor. Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa, has lost over half of his $25 billion wealth in the crisis, according to Bloomberg. Much of that has been wiped out by the falling currency and the stock market crash.

However much pain Nigeria is feeling, it's not the worst performing oil exporter.

The Russian economy is set to shrink by 5% this year, with international sanctions exacerbating the impact of the oil price collapse, and Venezuelan GDP could fall by 7%.

Still, the IMF has slashed its 2015 growth forecast for Nigeria to 4.8%, from 7.3% last October. And the government is having to cut spending in many areas.

"Nigeria is actually still growing and still one of the 20 fastest growing economies in the world," says Okonjo-Iweala. ""We've had to cut back on some investments but to support growth, we've taken the little we have and focused on high priority, high impact investments - mostly in infrastructure and health."

Nigeria faces another a more immediate problem.

It is set to hold one of the closest elections in its history. Political uncertainty and the threat of instability, and even violence, during and after voting has meant many investors and businesses have adopted a "wait and see" approach.

The elections have already been postponed by six weeks after the military announced they could not guarantee security on voting day due to a new military offensive against Islamist terror group Boko Haram.

By Christian Purefoy March 18, 2015 08:43AM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/news/economy/nigeria-oil-finance-minister/index.html

Ngozi is a confuse woman, she is as corrupt has gej. Bcus I head dat gel said dat corruption is nt stealin. Well am nt dat worried 2much bcus their tenure in office is almost ova. Stupid set of piple we av nigeria leada's ediat..

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Ologunjude(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
And no plan to reduce recurrent expenditure in the 2015 budget? It business as usual for the national assembly and executive. It only God that can save the poor masses from greedy leaders.

3 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by IBROHIM: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Jonadog is a big scam.
no you mean Jonarouge!!! Jonathief!!!

3 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Exclaxix(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
0nyegame:
Madam Ngoo,u're the major person that is killing the economy of dis country,very corrupt and selfish human being.in a country where the poor is getting poorer while the rich is getting richer.

Dat woman has really changed from. Wat I use to no
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by IYANGBALI: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Opolo{frog} says so

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by ifeanyi83(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lying government. I thought they said the economy is stable...I hate this government by the day...

3 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Uteghe(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Its not my portion. The difficulty is for you and the junta you represent.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by hamilton62(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
efilefun:
It might be difficult now but when the people's general resumes office by the special grace of God and with the intelligence around the people's general things will be a lot easier.
What will he do Increase oil price?
Hahahahahahahahaahhaha people and their free tongue
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by TheNature: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
[quote
author=0nyegame post=31758583]Madam Ngoo,u're the major person that is
killing the economy of dis country,very corrupt and selfish human
being.in a country where the poor is getting poorer while the rich is
getting richer.[/quote]

when you don't know what to say keep quite.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by sorextee(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
That ugly woman shld just shut up. She has never said anything good.. let her go and sit somewhere abeg..

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by dammytosh: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
CONFESSION
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
farem:
OK. Dia ris Godooooo!
This has not stopped traditional ruulers $250,000 each

Tinubu's offer of $200B, Tompolo, Gani Adams's billions contracts,
Anti-card reader budget of $35M,
Dollars rain accross geopolitical zones,

Many...many and many like that

NOI, this will make meaning if/when we dont have innocent-looking hawks in power.

Bring my share and before it all pafuka!

How dumb can APC supporters be? Even the world richest man is not worth $200billion. Common sense is indeed not common.

Will APC conjure magically and trigger the increase in oil price? No wonder Buhari promised to stabilize the world oil price.

Russia crumbled, the citizenry rally around their president, Nigeria ain't crumbled yet, people-even those in power are spewing trash
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by link2jude(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
It has always been like that for us the poor masses. When oil price was at $110 per barrel, we the poor masses had nothing to show for it not even reduced taxes.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Misogynist2014(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
IBROHIM:
no you mean Jonarouge!!! Jonathief!!!
Anything despicable is applicable. grin grin grin
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Chinaka2014(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
this woman is the problem Nigerians are having including other women in this present administration, I don't know what the president see in all these women who are running his government down. no wonder OBJ refused to work with her.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by edo3(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
YES! For the poor masses, not for your likes..
U dey mind d bastard? Na only d poor dey feel am..I wonder what goes on in their minds anytime they are in their convoys and see massive poverty in d land..seein old women hawkin pure water,and able bodied men hawking gala..

2 Likes

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by ajayiopy: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
You don't have to go to Cambridge to deduce Nigeria problem...........a country built on deceit and corruption can never stand.

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Fourwinds: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
madam economy no be today. but I know u are still feeding fat on d economy. wicked peoplr

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by pafra(m): 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
feran14:

you attend winners, dont you? that quote sounds familiar

it's about what I have seen in the word. the world have no solution for the present situation. the name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run to it and are save.
if you must escape this difficult, God must be your source.
I am a son of the prophet bishop oyedepo
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Lolamida(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
Where are the GEJites ? The FeeedeeeFeee e-rats, the saTANist, The Oloshious supporters.
After looting the treasury dry, she still has the gut to say ' growing ' economy. Sango will bust that ur kwashiokior cheeks.: angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by Misogynist2014(m): 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
This WOMAN has ruined Nigeria #neveragain.
Re: "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
YES! For the poor masses, not for your likes..
Shebi u follow dem dey shout "gej till 2054"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Not Be Attending Wikes Inauguration Ceremony - Amaechi / Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Photos As The CGC Of Customs Hammed Resumes Duty Officially Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.