Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? (4249 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / I Love White Women And I'm Not Ashamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by NotShy2Ask: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2006
I notice that however the mother is,is usaully how the children are.In some rare case that's not it but in most cases that is true. How do you feel about an African man having children with an white women/I'm not racist,this is a matter of culture and passing it on.Yeah I know you will say it doesn't stop the man from teaching the children the culture but in most cases the child grows up in a white environment when the mom is white because usually the man has went into the white environment and fell in love with some one.The kids grow up with all white friends and talking white.Do you think those childrens grandchildren are going to embrace the african traditions and ways?Those children will probaly continue to stay in the white environment and end up marrying a white person too,because over time that culture becomes their culture.What do you think?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by PTBNaija(f): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2006
I think it comes down to love, if the people are truly in love, it shouldn't matter about the culture. And if the man refuses or is lazy about teaching his children his own culture, then he is a lost cause to begin with. If such happened in Nigeria, the children would still be exposed to the culture, but if the man is in some other country like the United States, it's quite possible that he is a little out of touch with his culture to begin with (especially foreign born nigerians). If he has pride, he would at least teach his kids something, and hopefully spark their own interest into knowing more about their father's (and their own) heritage, and hopefully they would visit Nigeria and stuff. And then if they don't, with the way Nigeria's population grows those people could easily be replaced wink, but yeah, it's about love. So don't read too deep into the whole thing.
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by suprted(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2006
what exactly is nigerian culture.
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Busta(f): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2006
nuthin wrong with that.
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by chinani(f): 6:09am On Sep 04, 2006
First off, what is this "talking white" biz? I don't like stuff like that, it's nonsense. Is talking white when you can't speak ebonics? Or pidgin? Pls, let's free our minds.

As for the topic, I'm not keen.

I'd study the person very well but I think who the child marries has a lot to do w/how he/she was raised. If he/she was raised well, they will pick well (mostly).
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by dynamo2000(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2006
Culturally, environment sometimes changes everything so we all have to get used to that and let the children make up their mind as long as we bring them up to understand African family values angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Jembi: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2007
There is nothing wrong with marrying a whitie especially if that is the way the man feels. but it just makes me wonder if the sisters have finished and why he couldn't find a sister to marry!
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by 2dye4(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2007
absolutely nothing wrong wit it
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2007
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Jembi: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2007
Out of curiosity, what would the attraction be? Would it be the skin color or what? I guess I am puzzled as I don't particularly like fair skinned men white or otherwise! undecided
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by toliereal(f): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2007
well as 4 me o,i dnt tink dere is anytin wrong in marryin a white,if u luv d person fine and gud,it all depends on pple's choices,av always dreamt of marrying 1 sha.
cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2007
Jembi:

Out of curiosity, what would the attraction be? Would it be the skin color or what? I guess I am puzzled as I don't particularly like fair skinned men white or otherwise! undecided

Pretty much the same attraction African men have for you.
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by ufobabe(f): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2007
love knows no barrier and doesn't recognise colour or creed.

2 me, there is nothing wrong in doing so

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by thundathug(m): 2:31am On Oct 01, 2007
People always talk about this particular topic.I happen to be mixed and don't really have a problem with lettin' people know I'm Nigerian.I can speak my dad's language,I know the culture,been to my village,I even know how to pound akpu[Umunnakwenu!]. ;DThe whole experience actually made me a better person.My mom's a different story. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by fawwyb(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2007
thundathug:

People always talk about this particular topic.I happen to be mixed and don't really have a problem with lettin' people know I'm Nigerian.I can speak my dad's language,I know the culture,been to my village,I even know how to pound akpu[Umunnakwenu!]. ;DThe whole experience actually made me a better person.My mom's a different story. lipsrsealed
This is a living example!! Its all depends on the husband, if he is proud of his culture nothing will stop him from teaching his kids what his culture looks like whereever they are. , I see nothing bad in marrying a white lady, True love is what matters!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by fawwyb(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2007
thundathug:

This is a living example!! Its all depends on the husband, if he is proud of his culture nothing will stop him from teaching his kids what his culture looks like whereever they are. , I see nothing bad in marrying a white lady, True love is what matters!
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by melissaMBA: 5:30am On Feb 03, 2010
if white women stayed clear of black men alltogether ya still wouldnt be happy so i just dont get it some ppl arent happy we with blk men some ppl would the complain that white girls dont really like blk men and then ask why,

and as for culture it depends on the effort one has put in to help the lady understand the importance of religion, culture and history that falls behind his ways and for one to be his wife and life partner then she too needs to follow his ways, if the guy has his heart on being a true nigerian his wife too will become a true nigerian and their kids will follow in their footsteps

ive been with my husband for 4 years we have 2 beautiful daughters and were married,

i cook ibo food, i can talk small ibo, i have a wardrobe full of ibo/nigerian attire which i wear occaisionally, i go to church on sundays, my daughter thats not even 2 yet can speak little ibo she eats all nigerian food and were going to nigeria next year , my husbands heart is definately set to be a nigerian family man cos of what hes helped his family become if not for him i wouldnt be the way i am today and i can tell u now it was not easy but definatelly rewarding so when nigerians slag white women off for being fat or ugly or come from a background of tasteless food or u just wanna slag us off maybe u should sit back and appreciate us for the commitment and hard work we put into trying to cook and dress and speak ure culture cos it was back breaking

i know im having a rant and maybe in the wrong place ranting but i just had to say it soz for those who actually dont mind us!!! id paste it in all rooms if i could xx hope i answered this forums topic at the same time undecided kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by nicolac1(f): 5:56am On Feb 03, 2010
My husband is also Nigerian. We have only been married just over a year but hope to start a family very soon. I have already told my husband that when we do have children i want them to learn about his culture and his language etc. I assume we will continue to live in europe for many years and feel it is equally important for any children we have to know & appreciate what both their parents have & where they came from. As for his family in Nigeria, his mum & sister are continually asking when we are going to bring some yellow babies back to see them cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by melissaMBA: 6:04am On Feb 03, 2010
im soo happy for you and glad things r good, but dont ever asume anything i asumed everything would be the way im used to it being

i asumed that we would live together forever in london but truthfully my husband is a true nigerian and nigeria is where he will spend his adulthood with or without me, i think if i made him stay in this country it would kill him, this guy loves his country and wouldnt reside anywhere else

i think u and ure husband should have a long talk about future plans they might not be the way u want them to be or u might find them to be just perfect not everyone is the same anyhow , and its always nice to hear fellow '''whities''' successfuly be in holy matrimony with a smile lol good luck to the both of you Bleep mel
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2010
Aaah. . .English don dey hard oyinbo too. No be na wa, na real wa!
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Aaah. . .English don dey hard oyinbo too. No be na wa, na real wa!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by melissaMBA: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
u mean english as in the language or the country or both because i know that every culture is hard if its not your own , and ure right english would be hard for someone from a diff culture but speaking from my own view to another person from the same side things arent as bright as they seem because you automatically assume things will go your way because you dont know different , this is me speaking from my own point of view anyway and im sure plenty will disagree and thats fine just wanted to share my views and experiences and if any others feel like their own situation is different from my own then thats great
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by vivaladiva(f): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
my two cousins r married to white women, personally i embrace diversity

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by clickonnet(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
I think, that a CULTURE belongs to a country or continent (i.e., African Culture, European Culture, Asian Culture, Mexican Culture, Nigerian Culture, so on).

But, I am not sure about culture based on skin color ( White Culture OR Black Culture), please explain
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by Jaylon(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
I think it is up to parents to teach their culture to their children. Those marrying inter-culturally must agree
before hand on passing on their cultures to their children.

As far as marrying other races, I think people should marry whomever they fall in love with regardless of race. As long
as the two adults share similar taste and values and the marriage is really based on love.

Besides, many beautiful children of the world are of mixed races e.g. Barak Obama, Haile Berry etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by galatico(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2010
There is nothing bad about embracing the white culture!!!
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by vfocus(f): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
There is nothing wrong with marrying a whitie especially if that is the way the man feels. but it just makes me wonder if the sisters have finished and why he couldn't find a sister to marry!

so its ok to marr white, who are these sisters? We are all of one blood, we are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve. Sp skin colour doesn't actually matter. What mtters is if it is sister in christ,or out of christ.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by 677ano(m): 12:36am On Feb 04, 2010
I really don't see any difference between a Afircans married to a white woman or a Afircans married to a black woman of non African origin. Now what do you mean by African culture or to be specific what is African culture? there are so many tribes in Africa hence so many culture and languages. The decision on how a man brings up his kids lie solely with him and his wife. This culture you call African culture where does it come from as there are many cultures in Africa there is still difficulty from parents of different tribes to allow their kids inter marry in Africa on tribal grounds or religion. I believe a man has the right to marry who he loves and teach his children his culture as well as that of his wife.
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by ayettymama(f): 1:03am On Feb 04, 2010
i wont really mind

unless he's good lookin or succesful

ill be really mad if he were both angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by flexshop(m): 1:11am On Feb 04, 2010
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by flexshop(m): 1:13am On Feb 04, 2010
?
Re: How Do You Feel About Africans Marrying White Women? by flexshop(m): 1:14am On Feb 04, 2010
Mehn,after me uncle married a whitie in holland n had 2 children,it took 10yrs b4 we set eyes on him again 4 a few days, after 15yrs married,he is nw divorced, datz y every1 in d family is scared of dem whities, the elders warned us al,even my broda in the uk receivd his share of warnings.
@poster,my point is dat our cultures r diverse.bendin a white lady to learn our culture is like bettin dat a snail wil outrun a dog, and again, there is the phobia of our people not returning or forgetin home after such marriages though nt in al cases, personally,im gonna marry a white if she agrees to live in nigeria wit me b4 marriage period.even if we dont end up living there, no luv lost, just an open ended test of willingness to bend to my culture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Love Someone And Cheat On Them? / 12 Things Men Do That Make Women Fall Deeper In Love / Which Among These Ethnic Groups Can You Marry from?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.