Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH (72208 Views)

Breakdown Of $6.9billion Paris Club Refund To 36 States, FCT (snapshots) / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by viczing(m): 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
bakila:

No I think Punch was more generous to the PDP. Keeping Gombe and some states open was a cautious analysis.

Smh
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
skak:

Bravo sameer!... person like him ( Peppyluv) has no known mother not to talk of father. He is a product of Baby Factory
Yeah! Majority of them product of baby factory with out marriage. The babe/guy has been stalking me walahi. angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Abdulleeh:

Sameer. Lovely comment. Yayi!
Nogode dan uwa!!! She has been stalking me... angry
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Vox populi vox dei!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by coldFLARES1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
emiye:

Vox Populi Vox Dei. The voice of the people is the Voice of God.

If you preach with long epistle, and fail to vote, the voice of the people who voted will be heard. God gave men brain, and a thumb, use it, and stop writing mumbo jumbo.
God bless you! Some folks have simply hibernated or discarded their brains and are calling on God to exercise their civic responsibility. Hear someone talk about the legacy of Jonathan and you want to shed tears for how anti-progress some people can be. For me, it would be better to play the ethno-religious card than point to Jonathan's 'achievements'. For a man that depleted the foreign reserves he inherited; could not save after earning the highest revenue in the nation's history; amassed needless debts in spite of the debt pardon we got in Obasanjo's tenure; stayed indifferent while a local terror group ravaged the economy of a region and mindlessly sent over 15,000 citizens to their untimely death; have left the economy to God while the naira continues on a free-fall, unemployment escalates and poverty pervades the land. It's wicked to think or point at anything good as the legacy of Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by salvo583: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mynd44:

Yes GEJ will win Ogun, Oyo and Lagos
i am from Ibadan and i am voting for PDP. But its a known fact that PDP can never win in Lagos,Oyo,Osun and Ogun. PDP will sweep votes in Ondo and Ekiti
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by salvo583: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mynd44:

i am from Ibadan and i am voting for PDP. But its a known fact that PDP can never win in Lagos,Oyo,Osun and Ogun. PDP will sweep votes in Ondo and Ekiti tho
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
ionsman:
I always say this.....It is written in the stars. ...

BUHARI IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. ..

SAI BUHARI!!!

wakeup its only a dream!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Badebim(f): 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Sai Buhari shocked

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by ionsman: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
brito:

wakeup its only a dream!

Only when u sleep by my side..... cheesy
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by hitler30: 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari dont b joyous yet, dese yorubas can betray u on dat day,becos it is in dedeir blood
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by skak(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
sameer1212:
Yeah! Majority of them product of baby factory with out marriage. The babe/guy has been stalking me walahi. angry

He (Peppyluv) is looking for someone or something to blame for the cursed of his life so he lays the blame on polygamy.

Thank God people like you are present at the time of his action otherwise he will go free.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Adminisher: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
dafuturis:

Buhari will win River state, Jonathan will pull not more than 60% votes in Akwa Ibom. Also surprises await Jonathan in Imo and Plateau as his victories in 2011 will greatly decline in both states.

APC governor is likely in Rivers but I am not sure Buhari wins it. One important factor is that Riverine Rivers used to be close to the core north (they continually punished Zik, Awo and Falae with rejection in the past) and they might also have decided to punish Jonathan and Patience for another reason entirely; high handedness in moving governorship to the upland. The important consideration in Rivers and Akwa Ibom politics is after Good luck what next, only people who are chopping g now can answer that in the affirmative so maybe Buhari still takes it. Also in Akwa Ibom there are serious intra state ethnic cleavages and tensions that APC can exploit. PDP will reap heavily in Lagos because of anger at Tinubu's oligarchial approach to politics and government. Ambode will not win but Buhari will sweep it.
Jonathan will LOSE the election because of corruption and complete lack of political, inspirational and leadership skills
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Adminisher: 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
maestroferddi:
Use your head. This is merely a prediction by an APC media platform.

I was expecting you to be worried because the analysts in Punch have confirmed what we have been trying to drum into the thick heads of APC supporters here: that election is won with structures on ground.

PDP has a well-oiled grassroots mobilising machine.

There are NO structures on the ground for PDP. That was an ancient thing that they had that was destroyed when Jona bought the sole presidential candidacy and quarelled with OBJ and other elders of the party. A part of the PDP has become JRP (Jonathan Re election Party). JRP has no structure, what thy are is about 60 people in Nigeria who have been given money to mobilise support for Jonathan. If you call that machinery then you are joking. The little hat remains of the actual PDP is made up of professional politicians in the north and south west leveraging their local popularity to win their own Senate, reps and state house of reps seats, they are not for Jona.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by hersexyness(f): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
are they d ones to vote

haba leave vote counting until voters are done voting...

To Buhari once bitten twice shy

4J
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by dafuturis(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
Adminisher:

APC governor is likely in Rivers but I am not sure Buhari wins it. One important factor is that Riverine Rivers used to be close to the core north (they continually punished Zik, Awo and Falae with rejection in the past) and they might also have decided to punish Jonathan and Patience for another reason entirely; high handedness in moving governorship to the upland. The important consideration in Rivers and Akwa Ibom politics is after Good luck what next, only people who are chopping g now can answer that in the affirmative so maybe Buhari still takes it. Also in Akwa Ibom there are serious intra state ethnic cleavages and tensions that APC can exploit. PDP will reap heavily in Lagos because of anger at Tinubu's oligarchial approach to politics and government. Ambode will not win but Buhari will sweep it.
Jonathan will LOSE the election because of corruption and complete lack of political, inspirational and leadership skills

I agree with you on several points above but bet to disagree on Ambode losing to PDP, that can never happen.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by timothy2396(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
Point of correction am from Benue State... nd 85% are for Buhari ask anybody from Benue to tell you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by ocelot2006(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Adminisher:

What "serious intra ethnic cleavages" in Akwa Ibom? The same Akwa Ibom I currently reside in? Buhari should just forget about Akwa Ibom cos the APC following here is ridiculously small in this staunch PDP state. 'rest assured that GEJ will grab over 90% of the votes here.

As for Rivers State, be rest assured that GEJ will coast to victory for a number reasons: (1) enthicity will come to play (2) The people may use the opportunity to punish Amaechi for selling off the state and brother (GEJ) to Tinubu and his cohorts in the west and north (3) PEJ has an extremely strong following in that state. Overall, it is certain that Rivers will return to the PDP fold under Nyesom Wike, Buhari will lose there, and Amaechi will be ruined politically.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by frankyychiji(f): 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
Billyonaire:
On March 29th, I will be celebrating Jonathan's victory. It will be all night party at my Lagos home. After GEJ's victory, my job is done. Its been a year of hardwork to see this victory.
Guy spread the invitation!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by shomutuski(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
Opinions,political interest differs..

But come March 28th,the people's general will overcome all obstacle,and defeat the GEJ/PDP in a surprised tone..

God did it for David against goliath,come March 28th,such feat would be repeated.

The voice of the people is the voice of God..

We want change.

Sai-Buhari.

Up APC.

Up Nigeria.
I love the fact that u don't speak with bigot and religious fanaticism like others.. God bless u and ur family. I'll like to see GMB win buh u can't trust that ugly duckling and his slithering snakey wife.. They can rig anything.. Even if pesin suppose enter hell, PDP fit rig am make u go heaven.. We have to use d media to monitor the election to ensure that it is free and fair. Sai GMB
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by nwaanambra1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
xreal:

You are a true agent of CHANGE!

thank you xreal. that's quite encouraging. cool
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Whyzzdom(m): 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
#GMB-President of social media
#GEJ-President of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by xothermik(m): 12:15am On Mar 23, 2015
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 23, 2015
shomutuski:

I love the fact that u don't speak with bigot and religious fanaticism like others.. God bless u and ur family. I'll like to see GMB win buh u can't trust that ugly duckling and his slithering snakey wife.. They can rig anything.. Even if pesin suppose enter hell, PDP fit rig am make u go heaven.. We have to use d media to monitor the election to ensure that it is free and fair. Sai GMB
very true..

May God bless you too,and your family.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 23, 2015
Am Anambra but i believe in change

APC!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by toluleke(m): 1:47am On Mar 23, 2015
Most of the states loyal to Buhari are under siege of bokoharam(borno,yobe etc )with this analysis PDP is bokoharam final..
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by ussy09(m): 6:49am On Mar 23, 2015
PassingShot:
I cannot even reasonably conceive the miracle that PDP/Jonathan will perform to win this election.

It is going to be a landslide for APC/GMB. I predict 60% or 65% for GMB to 35% and 40% for GEJ.

You know that PDP is done and dusted the moment Okupe released a prediction of how they will win and such prediction includes the following ridiculous figures like: Jigawa - 60%, Borno - 50%, Kogi 70% and 60% across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Ondo.

PDP will change their tune and tone a day to the election when the reality is dawning on them.

GMB all the way.

Modified*

For the record, the following states (19) are APC assured:
Kebbi, Niger, Kwara, Bauchi, Sokoto, Kaduna, Zamfara, Borno, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Gombe, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Oyo.

PDP assured states (10) are;
Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa.

Battleground states (eight) are:
kogi, Plateau, Adamawa, Benue, Edo, FCT and Taraba, Ekiti
wow I luv dis can't wait for my general
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by annamaria: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2015
It is too close to call IMO. Many online pundits don't have PVCs and won't vote. Let's just pray for a free and fair election season and for the loser to concede defeat without rancor and for the winner to be humble in victory. The tension in the air is getting very thick.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Desmondkk(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Mynd44:

wake up from ur slumber grin
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by amtosh: 8:32am On Mar 23, 2015
2011(GEJ in top form):
PDP(59%) vs CPC(32%)+ACN(6%).

2015(at least 40% support off GEJ): PDP(35%max) vs APC(32+6+14=52%min). Given fair election, GMB wins.

GEJ is only sure to win in 8 states, about 20 states for Buhari... d remaining states na virtually 50-50.

I call this "Terrific!!!" it will be difficult to rig this one...

God bless Naija!!!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 23, 2015
skak:

Bravo sameer!... person like my father has not known mother not to talk of father. He is a product of Baby Factory
good
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 23, 2015
sameer1212:
Nogode dan uwa!!! She has been stalking me... angry
Stalking a terrorist? The only way I will do that is if working with the Nigerian army inorder to do the needful to you..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / INEC, Actually Told Us, Results Will Be Collated Manually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.