Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out (10877 Views)

My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him? / Help!!my Friend And I Are Addicted To Having Sex With Prostitutes, / 15 Arguments No Guy Has Ever Won Against His Girlfriend (and Never Will) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by ismailaewe(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hi naija pips,
Please am confused right now.me and girlfriend of 5yrs just discovered that we are both AS.we are planning of getting engaged in 2010.But now we are confused.PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE.Cheers
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Taken(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ poster
The hour of truth! Can you two sincerely deal with the outcome of two AS joining together?
Maybe a little medical research might help you guys reach a decision. Moreover, there is nothing that God can not do.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by sistajay(f): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2009
Why the confusion, its good you're both aware of the risk, just in case you want to start a family.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tollu: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
LOL, u r planning to get engaged in 2010. Does an engagement require such forward planning?
Seriously? Man ur girl must be patient.
As for the AS thingy, there's no escaping it man. The end is near.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by desthan(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
what do you mean, how can u explain dat you've bin in a serious relationship for 5yrs and both of you don't know your stands medically
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2009
Go ahead and get engaged!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2009
There's always adoption, if you are open to it. smiley
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by kellygirl(f): 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2009
too bad u both just found out now
as my friend said up there,maybe a medical research will help out.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by FBS: 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
desthan:

what do you mean, how can u explain dat you've bin in a serious relationship for 5yrs and both of you don't know your stands medically
you, how do you mean? not everybody knows their BG. They even tried by going ahead to find out. There are millions of families with in this sort of situation. You either offer an advise or stop your uneccessary questions.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Omolola1(f): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ poster
am so sorry about that.
my advise is that you guys should stop the relationship, and if you cannot stop probably because you are so in love then why not opt for adoption.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Ben13: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2009
2010 is still far, hold on till then. things can change, you know undecided
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by showbobo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2009
I dont think that should jeopardize your engagement or whatsoever. . . I really dont believe in all this scientific propaganda anyway lipsrsealed undecided
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Ben13: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2009
U better start beleiving, 'cus it's real
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by quadrillio(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
Abeg back out
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by yewaman: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ poster,

will your love stand the test of tyme if you go ahead,
it will about it.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by JazzFreak(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2009
Omolola1:

my advise is that you guys should stop the relationship, and if you cannot stop probably because you are so in love then why not opt for adoption.

As painful as it seems, this is the best option.
I had seen a family of six deplict gradujally to just one as all offsprings of the union were AS genotype.
The pain comes when financing hospital bills becomes a strain. All budget to the hosipital.
You'd find some children go through schooling and pass on when they eventually get a job.
Many occurences in life are quite gloomy, I don't advise you expirence. The love you once cherish would be like dust/ ash when the wahala is too much. Sorry, I seem like doomsday prophet, but use your head not your heart.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by lalaboi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2009
Big risk

Ration of having an SS is high

Advice

Be ready to have more than 5kids and hope 3 are as and aa. . .
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by femiseun1: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2009
I think you need Counselling but the risk is very high to be frank with you .

Love is good but Sickle cell child can destroy the best relationship.

Women are too emotional when it comes to Children Issues ,that lover of yours will not allow you to know peace if you have a SS Child.

Please think well , do not allow love to cover your eye.

Remember Love is Blind but Marriage is an eye Opener.

Best of Luck
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by kemisuga(f): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2009
AS getting married to AS is not the end of the world.  There is always a way out in every situation in life. There is nothing TRUE LOVE cannot do.  If two HIV positives can still get marry what is wrong with AS? People who are disabled get married to able men/women.

The probability of getting a SS baby is one in four. God can still make your first three babies to be SS free, if you believe.

This is just my view, but use wisdom and seek medical advice.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by mayrho(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2009
please take it from me if you are not spiritually sound and can't adopt back out now my Aunt lost 3 of her kids just 1 left
i have lost friends and people close classmate who was a 1st student wen we were almost thru wv schl
omo its painful and u don't want to go thru it if u don't av 2 except u r sure of living abroad wia medical facilities abound
Wish all the best all the same
Cheers
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by baby123: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2009
my dear  too bad you discovered late , all i have to say is if you both love each other is better u let go the relationship now.
why bring in a child that will suffer , cause weather u like it or not one will be ss .
Except if you have a strong faith in God , cause with God all things are possible.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by somidot(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2009
this also happened to me. then i had choices,
1. whether to go ahead and marry the girl and risk all the issues with an SS kid
2. whether to go ahead and marry, but do away with the issue of having kids at all
3. whether to call off the relationship entirely (only problem is that we were too matched)
4. whether to pray for a miracle (which i did)

now i'm still AS, but she has miraculously been changed to AA

hope my testimony has encouraged you.
just pray and reason with God.
i know, with Him, nothing shall be impossible.
take care.

dot
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Hotstepper(f): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2009
The Delay is dangerous. Please end the relationship. Next time wen u enter a relationship, check stuff the like to avoid wasting both u and ur partners time
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2009
one out of four kids u have will have the sickle cell syndrome. u can take a chance with one or two kids.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2009
tangent:

one out of four kids u have will have the sickle cell syndrome. u can take a chance with one or two kids.

Are you God?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you God?

i am not. just giving an advice.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
tangent:

i am not. just giving an advice.

With God, all things are possible! cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by HorneyChic(f): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
Why come here with ur problems? Go see ur GP he willl give you better advice.
U don't need to study rocket science to know the consequences of being both AS.
We should have our heads examined for even replying u.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

With God, all things are possible! cheesy

i agree with you but we shouldn't push our lucks.
as X as = aa, as, as, ss.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by HorneyChic(f): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2009
now i'm still AS, but she has miraculously been changed to AA
WTF is this again?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
tangent:

i agree with you but we shouldn't push our lucks.
as X as = aa, as, as, ss.

And SS do survive!
Believe?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

And SS do survive!
Believe?

it can be managed albeit with a lot of money. the risks are too high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? / Deactivate Your Account Avalon316 / I Think My Girlfriend Has Possessed Me (graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.