Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer (27814 Views)

To Get Marriage Proposal, Women Should Date Multiple Men —experts / Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Soldier & A Lawyer / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
urchbarbie:
Lolx! Funny dude. Thats how to treat them sha. One efcc prosecutor here blasted d judge ones. I felt for him smhw. The judge kept rulling in favor of d accused as to tendering original doc(statements) instead of ctc. The efcc guy was always angry. One day he told d judge 'my lord i knw if i appeal against dis ur decision, ild win'
yekpa!!!! I felt bad cos he undermined d judges efficiency. Sometimes dese judges need to take a chill pill, they aint God despite the 'my lord' "winks
some lawyers really know how to push their luck!you can't try that in effurun high court 3 in delta state.the female judge will wash amd hang that lawyer with her caustic tongue!
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Tosinville(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
emusmith:
If you have never given a thought about dating a lawyer, this post is going to come as a reminder that you might be missing out on something wonderful. Yes I know there are a whole lot of misconceptions about lawyers, but hey, you might want to check out these reasons why you might at least give a thought about dating a lawyer. So here we go:

1) You will be proud to introduce them as lawyers to your friends and family

Who wouldn't want to associate with the prestige and respect the legal profession commands? You wouldn't have to wait to be asked what he or she does; you will just have it rolling out of your mouth, though that’s not a guarantee of money rolling from them to your pocket. You will be proud to have a “learned” person as a date, and your family and friends will be so proud of you.

2) Dating a lawyer means you wouldn't have to pay for legal services

Now you've got all your legal issues addressed for free. You don’t have to pay any consultation fee of any sort. You will have free legal services all to yourself. Now that is something to think about, because legal services these days
are not that affordable as it used to be.

3) Lawyers are known to be good dressers

I know you wouldn't want to date folks who are horrible with their dressing. If that’s the case, then your chances of avoiding that could be reduced if you date a lawyer. Lawyers are generally known to be good dressers, probably because of the nature of the profession; where they are trained on how to dress.

4) Lawyers are known to be smart and intelligent

Wouldn't you want a partner you can make a good and intelligent conversation with? I bet you wouldn't want to be hanging around a mate who doesn't know the things happening around in their environment and can’t make intelligent conversation. Lawyers are known to have a wide source of knowledge of things happening around them in the society. Lawyers are also known to be avid readers, which exposes them to a lot of information. All these exposures, tend to make them more smart and intelligent than their mates.

5) Lawyers are good story tellers

We all long to hear good stories every once in a while. Lawyers by the nature of their training know how to tell stories. Also, the nature of their work also makes it easy for them to come up with stories to tell. I mean, they are always in the center of human interaction and conflict resolution, and so they get to know and see stuff. Wouldn't you want some good stories every now and then?

6) Lawyers are good talkers

Sometimes it can be sexy to be a good talker. You know you want to hang around people that you will be proud of when they open their mouth to talk. Lawyers are known to be good talkers, eloquent, and come off as intelligent when they talk. In fact, the greatest orators are known to be lawyers. So if you want to have such folks as a date, you better check out lawyers.

7) Lawyers will stand for you even if you are wrong

Wouldn't you want somebody who will stick out for you even if you are wrong? If that’s what you are looking for, then look no further, because you will find that in lawyers. Lawyers by their training don’t just give in to stuffs without putting up some fight. So, if you have a lawyer as a date, you are sure of having someone who will stand by you whether you are wrong or right. Now tell me if you wouldn't want that?

Assuming you have never given a thought about dating a lawyer, now is the time to do that.

I dedicate this thread all my learned colleagues in NL: Females and Males- in no particular order tongue wink

complete plain bullshitt undecided
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Penssuwa(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
ctman:
barr penssuwa..... hw far
I'm doing great my learned friend, Obi CT. So you're here.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Mitsurugi(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Megaphone:
You must be very ignorant. so most kids who study law abroad did so cos they couldn't pass jamb? do you know what it takes to get accepted to read law at Kings College London or the London school of economics?. You need a minimum of 3 As at GCE A-Levels. Yes Madonna is a backwater school. where they had to queue to get into the law school? do they even study there at all? you know no thing about careers and career counselling so you cant understand why parent pay millions of naira to send their wards to top schools in england. have you seen a jobless oxford law grad? (for ur info its called BCL at oxford) ,or one who went to cambridge? even in england schools have class and there are rankings. Swansea is down the rankings in the in uk. u go to top schools not some backwater school and then u com here to blab. do you know what it takes to get into Harvard law school or Yale or Princeton?

I have heard your 'superior' submission. Please do not be offended by my ignorance and blabbing. Although I wonder why parents spend millions for their wards to study in the UK or the States only to come and practice in Nigeria. I consider this closed anyway. You have won. grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
Tosinville:
complete plain bullshitt undecided
ok
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by InvertedHammer: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
No big deal about lawyers.

They are a dime a dozen.

Online law schools and extended education are not helping matters.

And if you have an ambulance-chaser (aka charge-and-bail lawyer) as a friend, it is only a matter of time before....

/
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by wuramini(f): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
woreva kiss
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
cool
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by PrettyClare7(f): 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
wow great post op proud to be a counsel. I love it.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
what about stomach ministry? That one important pass all this ones. Females lawyers are said to be arrogant, is that true?
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by urchbarbie(f): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
True. The guy pushed it o. I felt d judge was slighted, but cos of d nature of d case ddnt respond. The newsmen whr in court with cameras. It was an embelzlmnt case involving d state AG. He pushed his luck dear.
Blackbeauty:
some lawyers really know how to push their luck!you can't try that in effurun high court 3 in delta state.the female judge will wash amd hang that lawyer with her caustic tongue!
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by chillian(f): 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
dharay99:
lawyer kor, pilot ni.. undecided
abeg. Help me ask am.lawyers ko pilot ni.make I take chair for here awaiting ten reasons why you need to date a doctor.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by emperor003: 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
For me i will study law as a profession not fr womanising cool
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Idrismusty97(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sorry but this is plane Bullshïts...Worst of its kind.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Reaper231(m): 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
emusmith:

Oh boy, 100 likes for you sha cheesy

I remember those days sad

I'm a lawyer and I plan to encourage my fiancee thru nursing sch ohh. Second degree in nursing. Sure way
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by geepee11(m): 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
dharay99:
lawyer kor, pilot ni.. undecided

haters
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by dharay99: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
geepee11:

haters
kill urself untop na.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lawyers be like......in the case of buhari vs Jonna section 2 sub section 56 under d constitution of macpherson blah blah blah...!

emusmith:

cheesy grin

Liz, diplomacy is the watchword.
In communication, there is a very powerful sentence; It's not what you say but how you say it.

Lawyers are "/ipitemis/" of that wink
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Janetozi(f): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
emusmith:
If you have never given a thought about dating a lawyer, this post is going to come as a reminder that you might be missing out on something wonderful. Yes I know there are a whole lot of misconceptions about lawyers, but hey, you might want to check out these reasons why you might at least give a thought about dating a lawyer. So here we go:

1) You will be proud to introduce them as lawyers to your friends and family

Who wouldn't want to associate with the prestige and respect the legal profession commands? You wouldn't have to wait to be asked what he or she does; you will just have it rolling out of your mouth, though that’s not a guarantee of money rolling from them to your pocket. You will be proud to have a “learned” person as a date, and your family and friends will be so proud of you.

2) Dating a lawyer means you wouldn't have to pay for legal services

Now you've got all your legal issues addressed for free. You don’t have to pay any consultation fee of any sort. You will have free legal services all to yourself. Now that is something to think about, because legal services these days
are not that affordable as it used to be.

3) Lawyers are known to be good dressers

I know you wouldn't want to date folks who are horrible with their dressing. If that’s the case, then your chances of avoiding that could be reduced if you date a lawyer. Lawyers are generally known to be good dressers, probably because of the nature of the profession; where they are trained on how to dress.

4) Lawyers are known to be smart and intelligent

Wouldn't you want a partner you can make a good and intelligent conversation with? I bet you wouldn't want to be hanging around a mate who doesn't know the things happening around in their environment and can’t make intelligent conversation. Lawyers are known to have a wide source of knowledge of things happening around them in the society. Lawyers are also known to be avid readers, which exposes them to a lot of information. All these exposures, tend to make them more smart and intelligent than their mates.

5) Lawyers are good story tellers

We all long to hear good stories every once in a while. Lawyers by the nature of their training know how to tell stories. Also, the nature of their work also makes it easy for them to come up with stories to tell. I mean, they are always in the center of human interaction and conflict resolution, and so they get to know and see stuff. Wouldn't you want some good stories every now and then?

6) Lawyers are good talkers

Sometimes it can be sexy to be a good talker. You know you want to hang around people that you will be proud of when they open their mouth to talk. Lawyers are known to be good talkers, eloquent, and come off as intelligent when they talk. In fact, the greatest orators are known to be lawyers. So if you want to have such folks as a date, you better check out lawyers.

7) Lawyers will stand for you even if you are wrong

Wouldn't you want somebody who will stick out for you even if you are wrong? If that’s what you are looking for, then look no further, because you will find that in lawyers. Lawyers by their training don’t just give in to stuffs without putting up some fight. So, if you have a lawyer as a date, you are sure of having someone who will stand by you whether you are wrong or right. Now tell me if you wouldn't want that?

Assuming you have never given a thought about dating a lawyer, now is the time to do that.

I dedicate this thread all my learned colleagues in NL: Females and Males- in no particular order tongue wink

cool lawyers are good liars: they know how to twist the truth.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by akinsadeez(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
I read this same article on threelegals.com Now are you same person who wrote it there or you just copied and pasted his work without acknowledging the source A lot of people seem to think you wrote it yourself so which one is it undecided

emusmith:

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by sapientia(m): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by henryblaze25(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
I pray o! Female lawyers are so career oriented like say to become Judge nah 2years e dey possible
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Kay17: 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:
I am not a good story teller and I suck at writing undecided

I'd assume you are a lawyer.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kay17:

I'd assume you are a lawyer.

Not yet
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Kay17: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

Not yet

What school?
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kay17:

What school?

Hmmm shocked

I can't say
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Kay17: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

Hmmm shocked

I can't say

You mean publicly?!
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kay17:

You mean publicly?!

Yeah and privately too
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by agrovick(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
dechandel:
You didnt call me on time.. And i dont comment on a post that already has back page tongue
Haha, I only told u to Sekem not not comment. How did ur day go?
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
yea.....i rather marry a truckpusher than mr charge and bail tongue
Truckpusher:
And another super trash hits the fp angry
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by stanisbaratheon: 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Boyooosa:

they dont have the power to decide on case, can only solicit.

influence matters a lot as far as it is Naija we are talking about
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer by Truckpusher(m): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
yea.....i rather marry a truckpusher than mr charge and bail tongue
A successful truckpusher will never marry a market woman . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Guys Becoming These Days?. / Please Help, I Always Catch Cold Whenever I'm With A Babe, My Voice Shakes / Your 'Biggest' Turnoffs In The Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.