Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. (1305 Views)

Niger Bridge Blocked As Pro-biafrans Protest The Detention Of Their Leader(Pics) / Professor Dibu Oderinde, Let Students Choose Their Schools. / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2006
Democracy is a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

Enough is enough, the current administration should put aside their hidden agenda for the sake of Nigeria and Nigerians' future. The people, the citizen of Nigeria should be allowed to elect their next president.
The best this current administration could do for Nigerian people is to ensure that the 2007 presidential election is done peacefully, accurately and fairly, We are sick and tired of all these personal political games, games that could draw the 2007 Nigerian presidential election into a calamitous event.
It is extremely unrealistic for an harm rubber trying to implicate another harm rubber, It is also extremely important for Nigerians to realize that the current political drama in Nigeria is a rat race that can never never be fruitful.

The Fight against corruption must continue, but allow us, Nigerians to choose our next president.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by otokx(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2006
noted
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2006
Enough is enough with this IBB bashing drama. It is time for us to look forward and make sure that the 2007 Nigerian presidential election doesn't become a calamitous event.

An event that will draw our yet unstable economic and standard of living into a total devastation state.

The citizen should be given their right to select their next president.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Mariory(m): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2006
Are you related to IBB?
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2006
MARIORY: That is a terrible question. What does that have to do with this topic.

Look it's not about IBB, it's about the stability of Nigeria as a country and security of the Nigerian people, especially the poor Nigerians.

We must start thinking ahead of time and make sure that this current political propaganda doesn't bring down Nigeria and Nigerians.

If anything goes down, you will see how quick the investors will pack their $hit and leave, you will see how quick different countries all over the world will be retrieving their citizen, you will see how the rich folks and their families will be protected and finally you will see how the poor innocent folks will pay, may be with their lives.

It is only fair and sensible to be prepared and encourage this administration to focus on how security and allow us to make our choice.

Trust me, Nigerian people are very smart in many ways and I can assure you that they are competent enough to make the right choice.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Mariory(m): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2006
It's a question. 'Yes' or 'No' would have sufficed.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2006
Mariory: It's a question. 'Yes' or 'No' would have sufficed.

I'm sorry you did not hear a perfect answer. This is a discussion forum not an examination hall.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Odeku(m): 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2006
BigBi is a beneficiary of IBB, they can not fool us any more, IBB is going down, his bigest mistake was to take Nigerians for granted and try to come back, now its payback time
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2006
ODEKU: Just because we all don't have thesame views doesn't mean anybody is on IBB side, Just because I refuse to lay down and face the same direction as you doesn't mean I'm on IBB side, just because I refuse to be brainwashed by this current administration doesn't mean I'm on IBB side, just because I choose to look at things from a different angle doesn't mean I'm on IBB side.

And even if I choose to be on IBB side, it is not a crime, This is a democracy world, we all have right to choose who ever we desire.

This is one of our problems as Nigerians, we are so quick to judge one another.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Odeku(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2006
Well we are not stupid, and mark my words IBB will be prosecuted sooner that you think
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2006
ODEKU: Well, IBB has asked to "bring it on", I guess, time will tell.

What ever is good for the right hand is also good for the left hand, For Nigeria as a country to more forward all these folks have to be prosecuted together, There is no saint in the cage.
Prosecuting just IBB will not be fruitful, it will only place our loving country to a state of cataclysm; and innocent people will suffer.

Let us be smart and be careful of what we are wishing for.

Nigerians are competent enough to make the right choice and they should be given the right to select their next president regardless of who is contesting.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Odeku(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2006
Nigerians are competent haba ? Talking of the Nigerian voting public, what percentage of the population can be described as politically enlightened? How many of them are capable of linking their collective poverty and travails to the greed, corruption and mis-governance of yesteryears? Those students from Plateau State protesting the arrest of corrupt legislators by officials of the EFCC remind one of the manipulative influences of politicians. How many of them do realise that the reason why Nigeria's university graduates have become dexterous okada riders and patients in the nation's orthopaedic hospitals is because of the corruption of politicians and military rulers. Nothing corrupts the human mind more degradingly than illiteracy and poverty and the scale of these crippling social and economic diseases in our land suggests we cannot take anything for granted.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by BigB11(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2006
ODEKU: so, what is your point? We should prevent folks from selecting their choice because of illiteracy and poverty?

Nonesense. The best we could do is to educate people and allow them to make their choice.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Choose Their Leader. by Odeku(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2006
How can you educate and illiterate or the peasant farmers in the village? all IBB has to do is send people like you and Alex Akinyele to this poor people and give them 500 Naira a piece and they will be singing his name to the pool. Abeg open your eyes and who are you deceiving, IBB will never be president mark my word.

(1) (Reply)

Blackmail Now The In-thing In Lagos? / Yar'Adua:Nigerians will live up to 70years of age & earn minimum $4000 by 2020 / Rauf Aregbesola In Police Custody.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.